Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited August 2020

Here's an update to my WIP.  At this point, I think feedback is going to be especially important.  Does this look like Naomi Scott to anyone else besides me?  If so, how close do you think it is?

NaomiTM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 511K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,943

Again, not exactly a new character, but a forum search didn't turn up any results, so I guess it hasn't been mentioned yet: I think Natasha is supposed to be Bella Heathcote.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,716
    Gregorius said:

Here's an update to my WIP.  At this point, I think feedback is going to be especially important.  Does this look like Naomi Scott to anyone else besides me?  If so, how close do you think it is?

If I look at a pic of Naomi and then back at this one, I can see a resemblance, but not strong enough to make me go 'oh yeah, that's her'. I think the skin is a little off and it's hard to compare a 'passport photo' (front-on, no-expression) shot like this to the actual pics of Naomi I can find. Maybe render her with 3/4 face and a slight smile and we can compare the angles for feedback. From this angle it looks like maybe the nose-bridge needs to be a touch thinner and the eyes a touch narrower (height-wise) (but that could be the expression she's got in the pics I looked at).

Gregorius said:

If I look at a pic of Naomi and then back at this one, I can see a resemblance, but not strong enough to make me go 'oh yeah, that's her'. I think the skin is a little off and it's hard to compare a 'passport photo' (front-on, no-expression) shot like this to the actual pics of Naomi I can find. Maybe render her with 3/4 face and a slight smile and we can compare the angles for feedback. From this angle it looks like maybe the nose-bridge needs to be a touch thinner and the eyes a touch narrower (height-wise) (but that could be the expression she's got in the pics I looked at).

Thanks for that!  I'm working on a 30-degree render as we speak, though it'll take a couple of days because all that hair really slows things down.

• Hylas said:

Again, not exactly a new character, but a forum search didn't turn up any results, so I guess it hasn't been mentioned yet: I think Natasha is supposed to be Bella Heathcote.

I think that's about spot on!

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,716
    Gregorius said:
    Gregorius said:

Thanks for that!  I'm working on a 30-degree render as we speak, though it'll take a couple of days because all that hair really slows things down.

Well, for this purpose, using a 'stand-in' hair that's lighter on resources (one of the older genesis 1 or 2 ones) might help, just while tweaking the morph.

Gregorius said:

I think Naomi's eyes are angled downwards more. The outer corners of her eyes appear to be lower than the inner corners, as far as I can tell.

The angle of her jawline might be a little steeper, the outer corners of her jaw might be a little closer. The line that goes from the cheekbone to the corner of her chin is definitely more pronounced, giving her face a slightly more oblong shape.

Giving her a smokey eye and heavier lashes will also help.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,500
    TraceSL said:

Hi...new Dusan 8 Tommy Lee Jones...especially in the Hd add on..

see it some but see more Wes Studi or someone I can't remember 

I added a custom Facegen character based on images of Wes found online to make the Dasan shape a little more convex in the nose mouth reason. To me it looks a bit more accurate.

Wes Studi

• MGHSFAN2kMGHSFAN2k Posts: 125

Using 2 different FaceGen morphs and using the Face Transfer Shape Morphs, I've tried to make a good Zooey Character. How does it looks?

ZooeyTest1.png
    966 x 1250 - 650K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,306
    MGHSFAN2k said:

Using 2 different FaceGen morphs and using the Face Transfer Shape Morphs, I've tried to make a good Zooey Character. How does it looks?

That's a lot better than most celeb face transfers I've seen.  Nicely done.

Sevrin said:
    MGHSFAN2k said:

That's a lot better than most celeb face transfers I've seen.  Nicely done.

Thanks!!

• selletsellet Posts: 33

I think DTG Saffron may be Christina Hendricks, but she also remembers me of Bryce Dallas Howard (with the blonde hair).

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dtg-studios-saffron-for-g8-female/144036

• GordigGordig Posts: 10,019
    sellet said:

I think DTG Saffron may be Christina Hendricks, but she also remembers me of Bryce Dallas Howard (with the blonde hair).

They are among the basically interchangeable redheads in Hollywood right now, along with Jessica Chastain and I believe one other that I'm not remembering.

• Saffron was the name of the character that Hendricks played on Firefly, so...

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 701
    Jotemaru said:

Saffron was the name of the character that Hendricks played on Firefly, so...

Yes, the model does resembles more that character.

Gordig said:
    sellet said:

They are among the basically interchangeable redheads in Hollywood right now, along with Jessica Chastain and I believe one other that I'm not remembering.

I have to admit to have confused Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard.

Gordig said:
    sellet said:

Sacrilege! Christina is miles ahead of Bryce in terms of acting and talent.

Also, and this is unrelated, but quite bit older and curvier.

• GordigGordig Posts: 10,019
    Hylas said:
    Gordig said:
    sellet said:

Sacrilege! Christina is miles ahead of Bryce in terms of acting and talent.

Also, and this is unrelated, but quite bit older and curvier.

And by far the most attractive of them.

• MGHSFAN2k said:

Pretty good face wise. But is she supposed to be cross eyed? It looks a bit odd, though I admit I don't examine the actress that closely so for all I know it's accurate in that respect as well.

edited August 2020

Okay, here's a 30-degree shot of my Naomi Scott WIP after some tweaks based on the feedback I've gotten.  I'll likely post a version with make-up soon too.

NaomiTM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 530K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
    MGHSFAN2k said:

Pretty good face wise. But is she supposed to be cross eyed? It looks a bit odd, though I admit I don't examine the actress that closely so for all I know it's accurate in that respect as well.

Thanks, I'm still working on it...

• gollor42gollor42 Posts: 13
    edited August 2020

Is it just me or does Cherubit's Rose HD from today's sale look very familiar?

Cherubit Rose HD

Post edited by Chohole on
  • FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388
    Gregorius said:

Okay, here's a 30-degree shot of my Naomi Scott WIP after some tweaks based on the feedback I've gotten.  I'll likely post a version with make-up soon too.

Have you got perspective turned off or have you got a real high focal length? Either of those will not do you any favors.

I'd start with the eye materials - get a realistic looking eye to start (Naomi Scott has very dark brown irises). Conveniently, eyeballs are pretty universal in shape - or at least can be considered as such. 

Then get the skin material sorted - this will go so much toward your goal. Currently there is too much of the uncanny valley effect regarding these first two issues to get around. Just a light eyeshadow for makeup seems to be Ms. Scott at her most natural (excluding completely sans makeup, obv!). See any post by Arnold C for calculations!

For lighting skin tests, use something neutral but provides some highlights for good specular reflections - at work, we use a slightly blurred version of Light Probe 25 from Dimension Theory's Iradiance 6 for just this purpose, along with Spectral Rendering (faithful/CIE1931) and a color temp set for 6750K (RGB 252/247/255 - calculated here). Skin materials we set up with this tend to work well across a lot of different lighting setups.

Ms. Scott doesn't really have majorly defining features (not meant to disparage - she is beautilful). The points that do stand out are the nose tip shape (agreed with previous commenter - you've got the bridge too wide currently). Then concentrate on palpebral fissure (slightly down-turned external corners and heavy upperlids) and mouth shape (esp. corners turned in slightly) and the distance between all these components. Then wory about jaw shape, chin cleft etc.

Regarding hair, you say rendering so much hair takes a long time. If you're using dynamic hair and eyebrows, don't do that yet - you need to be able to render out tests quickly. Use fibermesh eyebrows of similar shape from another character (off the top of my head, Sahira's or bluejaunte's Misumi?). WindField's Karla Hair would be a good option whilst you're finalising the model, based on reference photos I've observed (No.1, No.2, No.3). Your current hair hides to much of the face shape... You can come back to these details later if needed.

Anyway, just some thoughts to hopefully get you on a reasonable track toward your goal.

• ssljedissljedi Posts: 0
    gollor42 said:

Cherubit Rose HD

Would someone please be so kind to help a noob like me out with identifying the hair that was used in this picture?  I believe it's Haydina, but I would like some confirmation of that.

I did check out the products list in the Notes section for Rose HD, but none of the hairs listed quite look like this one.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,306
    ssljedi said:
    gollor42 said:

Cherubit Rose HD

Would someone please be so kind to help a noob like me out with identifying the hair that was used in this picture?  I believe it's Haydina, but I would like some confirmation of that.

I did check out the products list in the Notes section for Rose HD, but none of the hairs listed quite look like this one.

Yeah, looks like Haydina to me, too.  I was looking for it in the notes, as well.

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,133
    edited August 2020
    gollor42 said:

Cherubit Rose HD

...Natalia Vodianova?

...or a blonde Brooke Shields?

My next best guess would be Veronica Lake. But I'd be very surprised if that were true.

Imo this one has a very strong just-slightly-in-between-several-people-you-know vibe to it.

Post edited by RayDAnt on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,752
    gollor42 said:

Cherubit Rose HD

The first two promo pictures - and only those two! - gave me a tough Evan Rachel Wood feeling, which makes me wonder how mixing Rose and Wiatte by Sangriart would turn out to look wink

She vaguely reminds me of Rosie Huntington Whiteley (minus lip injections).

It's probably not really meant to be her. I think she's just a very pretty model and as such reminiscent of several very pretty real life folks.

• Okay guys and gals.  Need some help here.  Looking for a model that at least resembles if not down right looks like a young Lauren Bacall.  We are talking late 40's/early 50's Bacall here when she was maried to Bogie.  I already have a hair that is dead on and have a figure in mind for the body, just need a face that is killer Bacall with "The Look" {Bacall fans will know what I mean by The Look}.  Preferrably G8 or G8

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,081

Okay guys and gals.  Need some help here.  Looking for a model that at least resembles if not down right looks like a young Lauren Bacall.  We are talking late 40's/early 50's Bacall here when she was maried to Bogie.  I already have a hair that is dead on and have a figure in mind for the body, just need a face that is killer Bacall with "The Look" {Bacall fans will know what I mean by The Look}.  Preferrably G8 or G8

So G8 then?

• stephenschoonstephenschoon Posts: 358
    edited August 2020

Okay guys and gals.  Need some help here.  Looking for a model that at least resembles if not down right looks like a young Lauren Bacall.  We are talking late 40's/early 50's Bacall here when she was maried to Bogie.  I already have a hair that is dead on and have a figure in mind for the body, just need a face that is killer Bacall with "The Look" {Bacall fans will know what I mean by The Look}.  Preferrably G8 or G8

There's this 'http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities/poser-celebrities.php?keywords=lauren&active=2';

WERTS Lauren Bacall for GN.zip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzDtVNPJsjCRMzdRX3pfUlpHNlk/view

Says it's for Genesis, I'll have a look in the zip...

S.

Later...

It's a head morph for Genesis, would need to be converted to G8 or G8 smiley

LaurenCapture.PNG
    803 x 835 - 672K
    lauren_bacall_giving_the_look.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 53K
    Post edited by stephenschoon on
This discussion has been closed.