Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,291
    qazart said:
    Torquinox said:
    qazart said:
    Torquinox said:

Lynda Carter on the right? Especially excellent! If I may ask, what's the figure?

These are both V4 rendered in Poser.

Thanks. Could you please tell me about the character? Who made it? Where I might buy it? That sort of thing.

Sorry you can't buy them, I made them for personal use.

I see. Good work, then :)

• Gregorius said:

Here are a couple of tests of my Naomi Scott after what I hope are some further refinements to her nose.

The cheekbones & lips are not quite there yet in my opinion

• Gregorius said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the latest draft of my Naomi Scott morph for G8F?  I could really use at least one other pair of eyes on her as I potentially approach a release-ready version.

You have done well so far. Can I say you are making a common mistake. 

You should never ever base the standard morph on a characters expression. Find a picture source that reflects a neutral stance.

You are concentrating on the individual parts of the face. We all do it. What happens is that the features become too strong. I'm not sure how you do it in Daz Studio but dial the morph down to say 50% and start again using that as a base. Don't be afraid to do this - Keep doing this.

Concentrate initially on the overall features. She is a beautiful woman. Very petite. Small face. Highly defined PETITE nose. Large lips. Relatively large eyes.

Sorry if I'm sounding overally negative. You are doing great so far.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460

I had to Google Naomi Scott because that's a celeb I hadn't heard of...  my goodness, is she pretty - anyways - top lip needs to be wider (side-to-side is too small), and maybe a bit more cheek near the jawbone.

I can't remember if we're allowed to post pictures of real people on this forum (I'm back after an absence of a couple of years), but here's a link to the image I based my above comments on

https://cdn.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/768x768/public/d8/images/methode/2019/06/10/4f23b3ce-85d1-11e9-a9bc-e8ed9093c066_image_hires_172335.jpg?itok=ilqIAor7&v=1560158623

• billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited September 2020

Been watching "To Have And HAve Not".  Making me really, really want a mid/late forties rendition of Lauren Bacall.  "Slim" is just smoking hot, even in black and white.

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on
  • ​Tried Hayley Atwell... What do you think?

•  Not a bad Haley. maybe the face is a little bit wide,,,

• theom777_06b5ec29theom777_06b5ec29 Posts: 31
    edited September 2020

Been watching "To Have And HAve Not".  Making me really, really want a mid/late forties rendition of Lauren Bacall.  "Slim" is just smoking hot, even in black and white.

If somebody could do a good Lauren Bacall, that would be INCREDIBLE! She was smokin hot!

Post edited by theom777_06b5ec29 on
  • qazartqazart Posts: 86
    edited September 2020

I thought with all the talk about Gregorius' morph, I'd give it a quick go. This is a quick and dirty WIP. Yes not happy with the lips. I'll let you know what she turns out like when I get around to finishing her.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,943

Oh man. No disrespect, Gregorius, but you have just been eclipsed. surprise

•   

If somebody could do a good Lauren Bacall, that would be INCREDIBLE! She was smokin hot!

"You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow,"  Still one of the sexiest lines in Cenima.

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited September 2020

Thanks again for the comments, guys!  Qazart, I actually have focused on the most neutral photos I could find for most of the process.  My emulation of that one specific reference photo was just intended to provide a supplementary perspective to see if any insights could be gleaned from it.  Once I re-consolidate all my dial spins into a single master parameter, I'll try dialing the morph back and see where I'm at then.  I'm actually using Poser Pro 11, not Daz Studio.

Jabba, the image you linked to was one of the first I focused on, and I still revisit it from time to time, though I've found that the one on the right at least just might be a bit misleading due to the lighting, just from looking at what most other photos seem to be telling me.  I'm not sure.

Here's what she looks like after some further tweaking of the nose and lips.  I hope you don't mind the barrage of images, but I wanted to provide the most thorough impression yet of my morph as it currently stands.  I welcome further thoughts as I keep honing it.

Natural:

Make-Up:

Clay:

NaomiTM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 520K
    Naomi2TM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 510K
    Naomi3TM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 522K
    Naomi4TM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 511K
    NaomiClay1.jpg
    900 x 900 - 433K
    NaomiClay2.jpg
    900 x 900 - 426K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
    edited September 2020
    qazart said:

I thought with all the talk about Gregorius' morph, I'd give it a quick go. This is a quick and dirty WIP. Yes not happy with the lips. I'll let you know what she turns out like when I get around to finishing her.

Yeah, the lips are probably what needs the most work, maybe with the nose needing a bit too, but that's pretty darn good, especially for a "quick and dirty" draft.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited September 2020

Face genned Shemar Moore M3 My Leo Dicaprio worked better on G8M them 3

SM.png
    1102 x 950 - 847K
    Rick Dalton.png
    1102 x 950 - 794K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Gregorius said:

Thanks again for the comments, guys!  Qazart, I actually have focused on the most neutral photos I could find for most of the process.  My emulation of that one specific reference photo was just intended to provide a supplementary perspective to see if any insights could be gleaned from it.  Once I re-consolidate all my dial spins into a single master parameter, I'll try dialing the morph back and see where I'm at then.  I'm actually using Poser Pro 11, not Daz Studio.

Jabba, the image you linked to was one of the first I focused on, and I still revisit it from time to time, though I've found that the one on the right at least just might be a bit misleading due to the lighting, just from looking at what most other photos seem to be telling me.  I'm not sure.

Here's what she looks like after some further tweaking of the nose and lips.  I hope you don't mind the barrage of images, but I wanted to provide the most thorough impression yet of my morph as it currently stands.  I welcome further thoughts as I keep honing it.

Natural:

Make-Up:

Clay:

I'm sure someone must have told you before, but the textures you have are very flat. If you are using Poser Pro you should be using Superfly for rendering. Its easy. Install Easyskin 3. Connect single image to Diffuse color in Poser Surface node (and lips). Run Easyskin and press go. It sorts out specularity and bump maps. Your images would be a 100% better.

Also, have you tried spawning a full body morph  and resetting the figure to default ? That way you can dial in the figure gradually, and see at what  point the figure is closest to the target and use that as a new base. I keep overdoing the features and have to keep dialling it back, kind of 2 step forwards 1 step back. It's an iteration process. Cheers.

edited September 2020
    qazart said:

I'm sure someone must have told you before, but the textures you have are very flat. If you are using Poser Pro you should be using Superfly for rendering. Its easy. Install Easyskin 3. Connect single image to Diffuse color in Poser Surface node (and lips). Run Easyskin and press go. It sorts out specularity and bump maps. Your images would be a 100% better.

Also, have you tried spawning a full body morph  and resetting the figure to default ? That way you can dial in the figure gradually, and see at what  point the figure is closest to the target and use that as a new base. I keep overdoing the features and have to keep dialling it back, kind of 2 step forwards 1 step back. It's an iteration process. Cheers.

I actually don't think I've heard that in a while.  I know one or two people here have thought the skin color was a bit inaccurate to the target celebrity, but not flat in general (unless I've misread their remarks, in which case, feel free to correct me).  Do you mean "flat" as in lacking fine bump detail or "flat" as in too homogenous in color?  I actually am using SuperFly, with a triple-layer SSS shader.  In fact, I'm actually using this product (of which I am admittedly the vendor).  A major thrust in its design was to truly separate out the bump/normal information from the pure color information.  I wanted as little 3D bump info baked into the color map as possible, so maybe I went overboard with that.  In any case, the textures/shaders aren't really my focus, since none will be included with the morph when I release it on ShareCG anyway.

I could spawn a full-body morph, and maybe for testing purposes, that may work.  That might make it a bit harder to subsequently tweak, though, and since I use some non-MR and thus presumably copyrighted morphs, I won't be able to release the FBM.  What I'ved one in the past is consolidated the merchant resource morphs into a single morph and then enslaved the non-redistributable ones to that dial.

• Gregorius said:
    qazart said:

I actually don't think I've heard that in a while.  I know one or two people here have thought the skin color was a bit inaccurate to the target celebrity, but not flat in general (unless I've misread their remarks, in which case, feel free to correct me).  Do you mean "flat" as in lacking fine bump detail or "flat" as in too homogenous in color?  I actually am using SuperFly, with a triple-layer SSS shader.  In fact, I'm actually using this product (of which I am admittedly the vendor).  A major thrust in its design was to truly separate out the bump/normal information from the pure color information.  I wanted as little 3D bump info baked into the color map as possible, so maybe I went overboard with that.  In any case, the textures/shaders aren't really my focus, since none will be included with the morph when I release it on ShareCG anyway.

I could spawn a full-body morph, and maybe for testing purposes, that may work.  That might make it a bit harder to subsequently tweak, though, and since I use some non-MR and thus presumably copyrighted morphs, I won't be able to release the FBM.  What I'ved one in the past is consolidated the merchant resource morphs into a single morph and then enslaved the non-redistributable ones to that dial.

This reminds me of Biscuit's skin tiles. In my mind they don't work, because they are just painted and look 'flat' and un natural. I think nothing beats real skin as a texture resource. That is just my opinion and as you say, it is not going to have a texture. With a body spawn you can edit it so that it only contains head data. I'm constantly creating new morphs and blending with old. The version I uploaded was version 2, I am now on version 6. Each time it gets closer.

edited September 2020
    qazart said:

This reminds me of Biscuit's skin tiles. In my mind they don't work, because they are just painted and look 'flat' and un natural. I think nothing beats real skin as a texture resource. That is just my opinion and as you say, it is not going to have a texture. With a body spawn you can edit it so that it only contains head data. I'm constantly creating new morphs and blending with old. The version I uploaded was version 2, I am now on version 6. Each time it gets closer.

I actually used both, though as I recall, even the skin tiles were photo-based.  And I know the head morph can be isolated.  That's not really what I was referring to when I said an FBM might not be quite as efficient to tweak.  I now understand what you were saying a bit better, though.  Can you share the link to EZ Skin or at least tell me which store it's in (Daz or Rendo)?

• Gregorius said:
    qazart said:

I actually used both, though as I recall, even the skin tiles were photo-based.  And I know the head morph can be isolated.  That's not really what I was referring to when I said an FBM might not be quite as efficient to tweak.  I now understand what you were saying a bit better, though.  Can you share the link to EZ Skin or at least tell me which store it's in (Daz or Rendo)?

Easy skin is free:

Not sure I can link to the store - just google ezskin 3 cgbytes

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,716
    edited September 2020
    qazart said:

Good job. Is that Facegen/Headshop? The texture is good here (presumably taken from a photo of Naomi as the hair is included?) and the overall shape. How does it look from other angles?

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • qazart said:

Good job. Is that Facegen/Headshop? The texture is good here (presumably taken from a photo of Naomi as the hair is included?) and the overall shape. How does it look from other angles?

No, its done the old way. Its a V4 with the morph done by a combination of dial turning and using an outside 3d application Argile (now obsolete) to move the vertices around. The texture is indeed from a photo. I'm not happy with it so I think I'm going to change the texture and I'm currently still playing around with the morph. Early days. Once I'm happy with it, I'll post more pictures :) She is very pretty.

• qazart said:
    qazart said:

No, its done the old way. Its a V4 with the morph done by a combination of dial turning and using an outside 3d application Argile (now obsolete) to move the vertices around. The texture is indeed from a photo. I'm not happy with it so I think I'm going to change the texture and I'm currently still playing around with the morph. Early days. Once I'm happy with it, I'll post more pictures :) She is very pretty.

Ah, ok - cool. Are you in Poser or do you just prefer V4 to the later generations?

• qazart said:
    qazart said:

Ah, ok - cool. Are you in Poser or do you just prefer V4 to the later generations?

Never got out of using poser, but I have tried to morph lower density figures such as genesis and I find it is a real pain. V4 has a higher poly count.

• Not much going on here so I thought I would show further work in process of the princess. Not finished yet but getting closer.

edited September 2020
    qazart said:

Not much going on here so I thought I would show further work in process of the princess. Not finished yet but getting closer.

It's coming along nicely!  I would suggest a bit more of a pout to her lips, though you said it wasn't finished, so that may be on your agenda anyway.  It also might be useful to do a clay render, or maybe a render with another texture set.  In my experience at least, using a texture based on an actual photo of the target can actually create an illusion of sorts that the morph is much closer than it actually is.

While you tinker with V4, I've continued tinkering with G8F.  Here's the latest of my own rendition of Naomi.

Natural:

Make-Up:

Clay:

NaomiTM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 519K
    Naomi2TM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 530K
    Naomi3TM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 522K
    Naomi4TM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 510K
    NaomiClay1.jpg
    900 x 900 - 433K
    NaomiClay2.jpg
    900 x 900 - 426K
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,948

List 01 - 25 https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4054716/#Comment_4054716
    List 26 - 50 https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5014556/#Comment_5014556

New one added
    List updated 

CS51 - Salma Hayek
    CS52 - Keira Knightley
    CS53 - Reese Witherspoon
    CS54 - Sofia Vergara
    CS55 - Halle Berry
    CS56 - Juliette Lewis
    CS57 - Hayden Panettiere
    CS58 - Mila Jovovich
    CS59 - Bryce Dallas Howard
    CS60 - Drew Barrymore
    CS61 - Alexis Ren
    CS62 - Anya Chalotra
    CS63 - Alicia Vikander
    CS64 - Sophie Turner
    CS65 - Katy Perry
    CS66 - Ana de Armas
    CS67 - Michelle Pfeiffer
    CS68 - Maya Hawke
    CS69 - Kaley Cuoco
    CS70 - Anna Kendrick
    CS71 - Ashley Benson
    CS72 - Jennifer Connelly
    CS73 - Jennifer Garner
    https://www.most-digital-creations.com/poser_daz_studio_characters.htm

• I was asked to show the classic Lynda in the new costume - interesting.

New Suit .jpg
    1039 x 1207 - 142K
  • Does anyone know of a DAZ Look-a-Like for a young (Avengers and On Her Magesty's Secrect Service) Diana Rigg?  Perferrably G3 or G8.

This discussion has been closed.