Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 10,018
    Bobvan said:

Facegen is da bomb basically gives one unlimited amount of characters.

Strange.. for me facegenned figures always look at lot weirder than manually sculpted ones. Probably because it often looks as of just the face texture is pasted on a totally different 3d structure below it, without any real modelling involved.

Same. To me, Facegen (generically referring to all such methods) always looks like Facegen.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited August 2020

Another that may have been mentioned before at some point, but I'll mention anyway...

If Sophia Loren had had a nose-job, she would be Sofie HD
    https://www.daz3d.com/sofie-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Post edited by Jabba on
  • arbee999arbee999 Posts: 104
    Jabba said:

This may have been mentioned before somewhere in the 94 pages of this thread, although a quick search didn't provide any results... anyways...

The bonus character for Fritzi looks awfully like Lucy Lawless to me, and that ain't no bad thing, hehehe

https://www.daz3d.com/fritzi-for-genesis-8-female

Oh yes - definitely see that.

Now where's Renee O'Connor smiley

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,752
    Jabba said:

Another that may have been mentioned before at some point, but I'll mention anyway...

If Sophia Loren had had a nose-job, she would be Sofie HD
    https://www.daz3d.com/sofie-hd-for-genesis-8-female

There is a clear resemblance... but only on that one promo picture. When you look at the other promo pictures for that figure, they don't look like SL at all...

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

I have a G1 figure that looke like LL. Anyhow more facegen fun ex playmate Heather Rae Young

HRY.png
    1860 x 950 - 2M
  • Gordig said:
    Bobvan said:

Strange.. for me facegenned figures always look at lot weirder than manually sculpted ones. Probably because it often looks as of just the face texture is pasted on a totally different 3d structure below it, without any real modelling involved.

Same. To me, Facegen (generically referring to all such methods) always looks like Facegen.

I see Facegen as a tool that automates mixing photomanipulation with 3D models -- I don't see Facegen as a 'silver bullet' solution for obtaining 3D Celebrity look-a-like models -- I prefer purchasing my 3D Celebrity look-a-likes from PA's that are skilled at using 3D modeling software -- But in those cases where a specific Celebrity character is not available, Facegen is a viable workaround for being able to feature a desired celebrity in a 3D artwork scene

• chrislbchrislb Posts: 100

I've noticed that many of the Digital Creations celeb look a likes have their actual measurements way off when you use one of the tools, such as figure metrics, to measure them.  For example, Digital Creations Celeb Series 23 is 5'11, 37" bust, 26" waist, and 39" hips according to the masurements with figure metrics.  The real woman it resembles has her measurmenets listed as 5'7" tall and 34-24-34 or 35-24-34 in most sources, including her agency.  CS42 is 7 or 8 inches too tall and her other measurments are off also.  I've noticed simialr things with a few others that I measured.  Its something to keep in mind if you are tyring to create a more realistic scene with those characters.

I haven't measured any of the celeb look a like charachters from other sources yet.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2020

I just noticed that Old Jeb looks like a good Charles Bukowski look-a-like. Might be wrong of course... I mean, who in the world knows Charles Bukowski, right?

Henry Chinaski.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 437K
    Post edited by maikdecker on
  • Gordig said:
    Bobvan said:

I see Facegen as a tool that automates mixing photomanipulation with 3D models -- I don't see Facegen as a 'silver bullet' solution for obtaining 3D Celebrity look-a-like models -- I prefer purchasing my 3D Celebrity look-a-likes from PA's that are skilled at using 3D modeling software -- But in those cases where a specific Celebrity character is not available, Facegen is a viable workaround for being able to feature a desired celebrity in a 3D artwork scene

I understand and I feel the same way. But when I do a facegen morph, I do tests and tweak them with other morphs dails or dial down the facegen morph and work from there. I'm not an expert but I feel it's stepping stone and work on tweaks.

• MGHSFAN2kMGHSFAN2k Posts: 125
    edited September 2020

Wanted to do a major rendering with a bunch all star ladies in this. Thanks to FaceGen for helping with the looks of the ladies' faces.

Front: Amber Tamblyn, Zooey Deschanel
    Middle: Dakota Johnson, Emily Osment, Alison Brie, Ashley Tisdale, Sarah Silverman
    Back: Hilary Duff, Tatiana Malsany, Rashida Jones, Kimberley Walsh

Will to closeup solo photoshoots later!!!

LadiesOnly.jpg
    1333 x 1000 - 244K
    Post edited by MGHSFAN2k on
  • I just noticed that Old Jeb looks like a good Charles Bukowski look-a-like. Might be wrong of course... I mean, who in the world knows Charles Bukowski, right?

If someone were to use 3D artwork software to implement a tribute to Charles Bukowski, Old Jeb would be an ideal character to represent the esteemed writer.

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited September 2020
    Gordig said:
    Bobvan said:

I kinda argree, though it really takes practice and also finding the right images. Which is sometimes hard to find. I have tried with some friends of mine. Where I have control of the images. The program works really well under those conditions.

Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,133
    edited September 2020
    chrislb said:

I've noticed that many of the Digital Creations celeb look a likes have their actual measurements way off when you use one of the tools, such as figure metrics, to measure them.  For example, Digital Creations Celeb Series 23 is 5'11, 37" bust, 26" waist, and 39" hips according to the masurements with figure metrics.  The real woman it resembles has her measurmenets listed as 5'7" tall and 34-24-34 or 35-24-34 in most sources, including her agency.  CS42 is 7 or 8 inches too tall and her other measurments are off also.  I've noticed simialr things with a few others that I measured.  Its something to keep in mind if you are tyring to create a more realistic scene with those characters.

I haven't measured any of the celeb look a like charachters from other sources yet.

Try scaling down the figure to the actual person's height and then seeing how closely all the other measure metrics statistics match up. There is a major incentive against deviating (especially in terms of height) away from Genesis base/popular figure dimensions in the creation of a custom (eg. real-wolrd based) figure shape since donig so wreaks havoc on your ability to make use of 99% of the 3rd party pose collections out there (since they are virtually all designed around a particular Genesis generation's base/singlemost popular character shape - eg. Genesis 8 Female/Male base or Victoria/Michael 8.) The most elegant workaround for this is to start out with a base character shape adjusted to resemble the real-world reference in height/body dimensions as closely as possible, build the likeness' details, and then - at the very end - scale the overall character morph back to being as close to that original base model's height/body dimensions as you can live with. That way people can use it without having to rely solely on their own custom morphs - especially in the context of multiple character scenes (where needing to customize each and every element in all multi-character/character + props pose presets becomes a huge chore.)

Myself, whenever I'm creating a likeness character, to deal with this I always like to create a separately dialable "Character_X True Body Scale" submorph so that I can select between true realism and practical realism in creating actual scenes.

Post edited by RayDAnt on
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited September 2020

Here is my take on Naomi Scott.  This is straight from FaceGen using front and side images and intergrated into Gen 8. Need to work on texture still.

Naomi_Scott_3.png
    742 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited September 2020

Here are a couple of tests of my Naomi Scott after what I hope are some further refinements to her nose.

Naomi3TM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 537K
    NaomiClay1.jpg
    900 x 900 - 433K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
  • Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 131

How well does Facegen work, I was thinking of getting it to help make a bust of my mother in her yournger years for dad. Does it actually do morphs, or is it just make textures?

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited September 2020
    Rogue7 said:

How well does Facegen work, I was thinking of getting it to help make a bust of my mother in her yournger years for dad. Does it actually do morphs, or is it just make textures?

Theoretically, it should make morphs, but I've never been able to get anything decent out of it in that regard.  Maybe I'm just bad at using it, but it just never seems to change the base mesh that much.  It's probably at least acceptable as a texture maker, though I personally don't consider texture maps that important in capturing the likeness of a real person (unless maybe they have a really distinctive birthmark or something).  If you get the morph and the eyebrows right (or at least in the ballpark for the latter), that's really all you need, IMHO.  The finer details of the skin are, I think, largely inconsequential.

Post edited by Gregorius on
  • Rogue7 said:

it really depends on the the images you use. sometimes it gets it close. Though you really need to also dial in the side shape to match the profile more. it doesn't do to well with it  alone. Facegen has gotten better over the last 7 to 10 years. It seems to work best when you photograph the person your self, and have full control of lighting and composition.

• Gregorius said:

Here are a couple of tests of my Naomi Scott after what I hope are some further refinements to her nose.

Now I can't stop staring at the nose, lol - I think it's better but still looks slightly too squared off. I'd love to see the morph with a skin-tone closer to the one by ChadCrypto above.

• qazartqazart Posts: 86
    edited September 2020

Latest version of my favorite ladies in WW II alter egos. 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • qazart said:

Awesome work!  

• qazart said:

Awesome work!  

• LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 168
    edited September 2020
    MGHSFAN2k said:

Wanted to do a major rendering with a bunch all star ladies in this. Thanks to FaceGen for helping with the looks of the ladies' faces.

Middle: Dakota Johnson, Emily Osment, Alison Brie, Ashley Tisdale, Sarah Silverman

Wow!  They all look fantastic, but I am particulary struck with your Dakota Johnsen.  From this render, it looks closer than the one from Adam Thwaites (CS36, won't link as it is NSFW). :-)

•  

LinkRS said:
    MGHSFAN2k said:

Wow!  They all look fantastic, but I am particulary struck with your Dakota Johnsen.  From this render, it looks closer than the one from Adam Thwaites (CS36, won't link as it is NSFW). :-)

Thanks!

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,948

Another addition to the Firefly crew

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dtg-studios-wish-for-g8-male/144448/

Alan Tudyk - Wash

Full144448_3b8902038e60a0640f0b664d10921947.jpg
    1467 x 1600 - 987K
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,943

Gallery link

Another M4 -> G8 celebrity transfer, this time Jepe's Jonah, the Worthiest of Hems.

I'm actually really happy with this one. Although I do mourn the loss of his dimples, they didn't make the transition.

Jonah comes with IRAY settings, so no material conversion was necessary. I did tweak the settings a little though and I still think he's probably a little too red.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,291
    edited September 2020
    qazart said:

Lynda Carter on the right? Especially excellent! If I may ask, what's the figure?

• Torquinox said:
    qazart said:

Lynda Carter on the right? Especially excellent! If I may ask, what's the figure?

These are both V4 rendered in Poser.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,291
    edited September 2020
    qazart said:
    Torquinox said:

Thanks. Could you please tell me about the character? Who made it? Where I might buy it? That sort of thing.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • Torquinox said:
    qazart said:
    Torquinox said:

Thanks. Could you please tell me about the character? Who made it? Where I might buy it? That sort of thing.

Sorry you can't buy them, I made them for personal use.

This discussion has been closed.