[Released] Environment Set Splitter * Commercial *

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,525

Havos said:

If this product batch converts poser CR2 and pp2 to DS dsf and duf files then it will be very useful just for that, never mind the splitting, which will be the icing on the cake.

Environment Set Splitter will not do what you ask for,. But fear not, there is something in the making along those lines. Two very different tasks, one to split a set, one to convert one of many files of .pp2, .cr2 or .daz to .dsf+.duf format.

3dLux said:

Totte said:

JOdel said:

Sounds like a tool that might not be used repeatedly, but when you need it, you need it. (I'm thinking of Faveral's Explorer's Den in particular. It's one of the ones that didn't seperate out all the props, and there are a LOT of props in that set.) Rather like the figure conversion tools which paid for their investment up front, in a week or so of moving files into the next generation, and then probably will never be used again.

There have been a *lot* of times that I've had to quit and save a scene, only to have to load another scene to get access to a prop that I needed to save out as a seperatescener in orer to merge it into the first one. Thanks for the helping hand.

That and Kelly Lodge are two sets I had in mind writing this, and you're right, it saves you time once you have used it.

Have both Explorer’s Den and Kelly Lodge, so this will be perfect!  Was there another set like those two or am I misremembering  blush

Viking Village is also one of the ones I too often split buildings from, and never remember where I put. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

Please post a link to it, after it will be released.

Would not to miss this one.

Artini said:

Please post a link to it, after it will be released.

Would not to miss this one.

Good point! 
    I will.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited August 2022

Totte said:

3dLux said:

Totte said:

JOdel said:

Sounds like a tool that might not be used repeatedly, but when you need it, you need it. (I'm thinking of Faveral's Explorer's Den in particular. It's one of the ones that didn't seperate out all the props, and there are a LOT of props in that set.) Rather like the figure conversion tools which paid for their investment up front, in a week or so of moving files into the next generation, and then probably will never be used again.

There have been a *lot* of times that I've had to quit and save a scene, only to have to load another scene to get access to a prop that I needed to save out as a seperatescener in orer to merge it into the first one. Thanks for the helping hand.

That and Kelly Lodge are two sets I had in mind writing this, and you're right, it saves you time once you have used it.

Have both Explorer’s Den and Kelly Lodge, so this will be perfect!  Was there another set like those two or am I misremembering  blush

Viking Village is also one of the ones I too often split buildings from, and never remember where I put. 

Just about anything by Faveral is worth harvesting, but the products that immediately sprang to my mind for this are not at DAZ but Rendo - specifically DreamlandModels' massive CIty Blocks series and Dante78's medieval sets, which are packed with an insane amount of odd but useful sub-bits. 

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Cybersox said:

Just about anything by Faveral is worth harvesting, but the products that immediately sprang to my mind for this are not at DAZ but Rendo - specifically DreamlandModels' massive CIty Blocks series and Dante78's medieval sets, which are packed with an insane amount of odd but useful sub-bits. 

When I tested this, I used one of the City Block sets. It worked very nicely.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,880

3dLux said:

Totte said:

JOdel said:

there are so so many

I manually started doing some and gave up wink

I will certainly be buying this

WendyLuvsCatz said:

3dLux said:

Totte said:

JOdel said:

there are so so many

I manually started doing some and gave up wink

I will certainly be buying this

Yeah, it's a bear, and not just that there are so many elements to deal with.  One of the biggest pains has always been how many of the props and set pieces are positioned where they would be in their original sets rathered than at the center.  The fact that this set apparently resets them ground zero sounds like one of the single biggest benefits to me, though we'll have to see how well it actually does that, especially with single props that represent a group of objects.   

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Next we need a prop joiner. I have products that have separate trunk and leaves objects either grouped as a tree, or leaves parented to the trunk object. I want a single prop for the whole tree, so I can use it in Alienator Pro, or an UltraScenery ecology, or Hedge Maker, etc. Now I have to export the two as a single OBJ, reimport it, assign materials and save as a prop asset. Once or twice and I'm sick of that.

barbult said:

Next we need a prop joiner. I have products that have separate trunk and leaves objects either grouped as a tree, or leaves parented to the trunk object. I want a single prop for the whole tree, so I can use it in Alienator Pro, or an UltraScenery ecology, or Hedge Maker, etc. Now I have to export the two as a single OBJ, reimport it, assign materials and save as a prop asset. Once or twice and I'm sick of that.

I've got a bunch of those as well, though either they're mostly older products and freebies, or my brain has simply hit the point where they don't register anymore.  Oh wait, there are still a ton of hairs coming out where deleting the hair doesn't delete the skull cap, does that count?  As to your product idea, I'd buy it, but I really don't understand why DAZ hasn't just completely merged Hexagon into DAZ Studio so things like this could be done with a simple script.  Then again, it seems that DAZ is really fond of talking about things that can be done in Studio but not so interested in making doing it simple or providing proper documentation.  But hey, as those incessant YouTube ads keep reminding us, YOU CAN MORPH 'EM AND MAKE 'EM DANCE!  

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

While we are waiting, there is another cool asset released by Code66 and Lyrra Madril:

https://www.daz3d.com/traffic-patterns-script-and-prop-collection

Maybe you could create another thread for it, please.

Artini said:

While we are waiting, there is another cool asset released by Code66 and Lyrra Madril:

https://www.daz3d.com/traffic-patterns-script-and-prop-collection

Maybe you could create another thread for it, please.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/586356/released-traffic-patterns-script-and-prop-collection

Here you go! 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,348

If I import and save an obj (such as from Kitbash3D) as a scene that is composed of many individual buildings will I then be able to use this to split out the individual buildings?

• nice !

Charlie Judge said:

If I import and save an obj (such as from Kitbash3D) as a scene that is composed of many individual buildings will I then be able to use this to split out the individual buildings?

As long as the scene is inside a DS mounted Library structure it should work (I don't have any sets from Kitbash3D so I cannot test that case).

Totte said:

Charlie Judge said:

As long as the scene is inside a DS mounted Library structure it should work (I don't have any sets from Kitbash3D so I cannot test that case).

no, they are one obj (at least in DAZ

other softwares it varies as to how split they are, some over split them 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,348
    edited August 2022

Thanks Totte and Wendy. Yes, I know they are a single obj. I just wondered if I saved that obj as a DAZ scene and then opened that whether or not it would be possible to split it up.

@ Totte: here is a free minikit should you feel inclined to test it: https://kitbash3d.com/products/mini-kit-neo-city

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

Thanks Totte and Wendy. Yes, I know they are a single obj. I just wondered if I saved that obj as a DAZ scene and then opened that whether or not it would be possible to split it up.

@ Totte: here is a free minikit should you feel inclined to test it: https://kitbash3d.com/products/mini-kit-neo-city

OK, I take a look and see if it works at all, depends on how it's loaded into DS 

edited August 2022

As it loads in DS as one big obj it's nothing that can be split. Will need something separate that process the obj and splits it, cn be done,. but a separate product then.

screen.png
    1196 x 927 - 473K
    Post edited by Totte on

yeah, it's called Hexagon cheeky

WendyLuvsCatz said:

lol - but for those not savvy - maybe a script ;-) 

Totte said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it's also one of those programs that over splits them blush 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Totte said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it's also one of those programs that over splits them blush 

So does Blender, Modo you name it. IO have an idea worth trying for this. 

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

Oh a script that meant I could use Kitbash3d inside Daz easily would be top of my list. But this looks very useful as is.

As requested, it's released now, link: https://www.daz3d.com/environment-set-splitter

• And in the cart and bought so quick my card got whiplash!!!

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

In my cart also :-) 

What about fbx files like those from Kitbash3D,... ? Generate one prop for each building

Thanks

smaker1 said:

What about fbx files like those from Kitbash3D,... ? Generate one prop for each building

Thanks

I looked into that, but as the KitBash3D files has no Mesh Groups set up, there is no way to figure out what meshes belong to which main scene object, like is this pipe a part of building 1,2 3 or 4 for example. You see that of you open them in for example Hexgon or Blender, just a long list of mesh objects without any grouping, and no metadata file either that describes which object belong where.

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Totte said:

smaker1 said:

Thanks

I looked into that, but as the KitBash3D files has no Mesh Groups set up, there is no way to figure out what meshes belong to which main scene object, like is this pipe a part of building 1,2 3 or 4 for example. You see that of you open them in for example Hexgon or Blender, just a long list of mesh objects without any grouping, and no metadata file either that describes which object belong where.

Thanks for the feedback Totte.  I tried :-) !

Totte said:

smaker1 said:

Thanks

they load grouped in buildings in Carrara heart