[Released] Environment Set Splitter * Commercial *

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,525

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Totte said:

smaker1 said:

In my cart also :-) 

What about fbx files like those from Kitbash3D,... ? Generate one prop for each building

Thanks

I looked into that, but as the KitBash3D files has no Mesh Groups set up, there is no way to figure out what meshes belong to which main scene object, like is this pipe a part of building 1,2 3 or 4 for example. You see that of you open them in for example Hexgon or Blender, just a long list of mesh objects without any grouping, and no metadata file either that describes which object belong where.

they load grouped in buildings in Carrara heart 

Hmm, interesting, probably depends on what the format is. Did you use obj or fbx? 

edited August 2022

OK, it comes in as groups, but the FBX importer still doesn't do it correctly, yet. So maybe in the future this can be done.

screen.png
    1153 x 546 - 141K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,758

It's a Code66 day for my cart with a new item and one older one I couldn't pick-up. before.

Thanks for the work you do for us Totte.

Mary

memcneil70 said:

It's a Code66 day for my cart with a new item and one older one I couldn't pick-up. before.

Thanks for the work you do for us Totte.

Mary

Thanks you! 
    I like creating tools to make your life with Daz Studio easier and more productive.  

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,878
    edited August 2022

Totte said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Totte said:

smaker1 said:

In my cart also :-) 

What about fbx files like those from Kitbash3D,... ? Generate one prop for each building

Thanks

I looked into that, but as the KitBash3D files has no Mesh Groups set up, there is no way to figure out what meshes belong to which main scene object, like is this pipe a part of building 1,2 3 or 4 for example. You see that of you open them in for example Hexgon or Blender, just a long list of mesh objects without any grouping, and no metadata file either that describes which object belong where.

they load grouped in buildings in Carrara heart 

Hmm, interesting, probably depends on what the format is. Did you use obj or fbx? 

cannot recall but Carrara can import obj as separate meshes as well as FBX rigged so in place

I am not sure why D|S messes up the latter so much

a decent FBX import is something many people would love especially for rigged stuff

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Does ist work with Studio-Version 4.15 ? Anybody tested it with older versions ?

THX in advance !

• RocketWestphalia said:

Does ist work with Studio-Version 4.15 ? Anybody tested it with older versions ?

THX in advance !

Yes, I've just used it in 4.15.1.84

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,758
    edited August 2022

Well if anyone could blow it up, it would be me, and I did not! I followed the instructions for Urban Future 7 exactly and it worked just perfectly. Loved the interface and the tutorial.

I do need to point out there is a reference to the version of Daz Studio it was tested on "42.0.0.3" which I believe the periods got away from the typist and it should read "4.20.0.3". Just in case a few years from now someone looks back on this and thinks there was a version that made it to '42....'.

Edit to add: Just did Medieval Docks and it is amazing to see the individual buildings and look at them from all angles now. Thank you Totte and Faveral.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441

Not sure how to ask this, but some sets load as grouped items. Will it keep those groups? I am thinking of deepseas domus of victory arena that loads the arena attached to several other group sets. Does it do the group sets or does it make each part a separate item?

Choppski said:

Not sure how to ask this, but some sets load as grouped items. Will it keep those groups? I am thinking of deepseas domus of victory arena that loads the arena attached to several other group sets. Does it do the group sets or does it make each part a separate item?

It will make each item a separate item, each item it finds. 

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441

Totte said:

Choppski said:

It will make each item a separate item, each item it finds. 

OK, thank you. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

Super asset. Have splitted Urban Future 6 in 214 seconds.

Is it posible to have all props translations set to 0?

Artini said:

Nope, what I do is I move them  to zero (calculated from the bounding box of the asset) as most assets are modelled with a translation (mesh is offset to the location the have), which means you cannot change that unless you recalculate every vertex in the mesh (which will break UV mapping), so I do what can be done. Some sets do have the props when all translations are zero, in the center, but most sets have then at zero where they are in the set. 

Artini said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7413816/#Comment_7413816 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Artini said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7413816/#Comment_7413816 

It's not the orgin that is off (that manifests as the item is rotating not around its center, but around whereever the origin is set). This is the actual mesh that is offset and the origin is at zero related to the mesh, two different issues. 

I will buy the prop splitter but need to make sure I have enough money in the bank first blush

you got that into the store rather fast wink

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I will buy the prop splitter but need to make sure I have enough money in the bank first blush

you got that into the store rather fast wink

Yes, I've been busy over the summer....  

Thanks a lot, @Totte and @WendyLuvsCatz

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited August 2022

Well, maybe Mary can't break it, but things always break for me without trying. I have a magic touch.sad It isn't exactly broken, but the result was not what I expected. I converted Cozy Winter Preload 1 from the Cozy Winter product by Peanterra. The scene structure is strange, with trees in one group and the snow on the trees in another group. Both the tree and the snow were converted to individual props, but the snow prop no longer lined up with the tree prop on the Y axis.

Edit: I looked at another split from this set, and I see that it is all three axes that are off on that, not just Y.

Now we need a tutorial about how to delete split props that didn't work right. Do I just delete the folder from the content library, or do I have to dig around in the data folder to delete some stuff?

Original Tree and Snow.jpg
    1084 x 672 - 158K
    Split tree and snow not lined up on Y axis.jpg
    1093 x 847 - 114K
    Post edited by barbult on

The snow props are not aligned but adjusted manually in the set then.
    The dsf structure is in /data under your username and then the setname as a folder.

Totte said:

The dsf structure is in /data under your username and then the setname as a folder.

Does that mean I need to delete that data folder as well as delete the props from the content library interface?

• barbult said:

Totte said:

Does that mean I need to delete that data folder as well as delete the props from the content library interface?

I used Explorer's Den, and set it to Props.

In Windows:

I've mapped a folder named Totte for my Library path, and the data folder is in E:\_Content\_Totte\data\username\!ExplorersDen Props.

In the same Library path you'll find the props in E:\_Content\_Totte\Props\!ExplorersDen Props.

Delete both !ExplorersDen Props folders.

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Totte said:

I used Explorer's Den, and set it to Props.

In Windows:

I've mapped a folder named Totte for my Library path, and the data folder is in E:\_Content\_Totte\data\username\!ExplorersDen Props.

In the same Library path you'll find the props in E:\_Content\_Totte\Props\!ExplorersDen Props.

Delete both !ExplorersDen Props folders.

Thanks for the advice, DoctorJellybean. That is what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

edited August 2022

I tried something more straightforward and got much better results. I did Courtyard Italia. I think I will avoid all convoluted Peanterra stuff.

Post edited by barbult on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,711

Totte said:

OK, it comes in as groups, but the FBX importer still doesn't do it correctly, yet. So maybe in the future this can be done.

I use Poser 11 Pro to import Kitbash3D fbx for DS because the fbx in DS is broken, from my point of view. From Poser 11, buildings come as groups, and then I must begin a long process of Geometry Edit deleting, moving to world center, scaling to G8, saving, reloading, repeat. If there's a quicker way, I'd jump on it. Automated would be even better.

edited August 2022

Quick test of some buildings from Medieval Docks.

One can load a Poser scene into Daz Studio, convert materials to iray and save as a Daz Studio Scene Subset.

After that one can split such scene subset with this tool.

Below is an example render from Daz Studio.

MedievalDocks01pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 813K
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

Quick test of some buildings from Medieval Docks.

One can load a Poser scene into Daz Studio, convert materials to iray and save as a Daz Studio Scene Subset.

After that one can split such scene subset with this tool.

Below is an example render from Daz Studio.

You can split Poser set directly, it will save the props as .duf props. 

edited August 2022

barbult said:

Well, maybe Mary can't break it, but things always break for me without trying. I have a magic touch.sad It isn't exactly broken, but the result was not what I expected. I converted Cozy Winter Preload 1 from the Cozy Winter product by Peanterra. The scene structure is strange, with trees in one group and the snow on the trees in another group. Both the tree and the snow were converted to individual props, but the snow prop no longer lined up with the tree prop on the Y axis.

Edit: I looked at another split from this set, and I see that it is all three axes that are off on that, not just Y.

Now we need a tutorial about how to delete split props that didn't work right. Do I just delete the folder from the content library, or do I have to dig around in the data folder to delete some stuff?

After looking closer at your problem, I guess the issue is the code that "centers the props" base the center upon bounding box center, so if you zero any translstions they should be aligned. 

Post edited by Totte on
  • HeleneHelene Posts: 111

Totte said:

Havos said:

If this product batch converts poser CR2 and pp2 to DS dsf and duf files then it will be very useful just for that, never mind the splitting, which will be the icing on the cake.

Environment Set Splitter will not do what you ask for,. But fear not, there is something in the making along those lines. Two very different tasks, one to split a set, one to convert one of many files of .pp2, .cr2 or .daz to .dsf+.duf format.

Any chance you could create a product to split like this but save as fbx?  
    Thanks!

Helene said:

Totte said:

Havos said:

If this product batch converts poser CR2 and pp2 to DS dsf and duf files then it will be very useful just for that, never mind the splitting, which will be the icing on the cake.

Environment Set Splitter will not do what you ask for,. But fear not, there is something in the making along those lines. Two very different tasks, one to split a set, one to convert one of many files of .pp2, .cr2 or .daz to .dsf+.duf format.

Any chance you could create a product to split like this but save as fbx?  
    Thanks!

You mean save each separate item out as an fbx? 
    Like point at a folder of static and rigged props and export everyting as their own expot files (.obj / .fbx etc)?