Questions about MetaMixer--Plus

124»

Comments

• After all this time if you haven't got it working on your system, I'd go with returning it. You can always buy it again later on if/when it is "for sure" working. I say "for sure" because - going by a comment made by somebody else - I don't think you are allowed to return an item twice.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,514

@Faux2D: If you build a debugversion (that logs properly I can run it and look for what happens)

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

I had to return this product because nothing I did could get it to work. However,  DS (4.21.0.5) keeps saying that all the MetaMixer Plus files are missing. (Mac OS version Monterey 12.16.1) I did uninstall the product and I deleted all the packages. 

First screen shot: samples of all the supposedly missing MetaMixer Plus files. Multiple instances of these reports occur. This is only a sample. I've looked in the data folder. I'm not sure of what to remove? Can this be removed through DIM?

In the data folder, there is a faux2d folder. Should I remove that?

I don't specifically find MetaMixer Plus. There is a faux2d folder with Characters and also "Universal."

Did faux2d do files for MetaMixer as well as MetaMixer Plus?

There is a MetaMixer Plus Tutorial left on my drive, which I guess I can remove.

There is a MetaMixer Plus Face Morph Attempt File, which didn't work out, which I guess I can remove.

The scene I loaded has 2 characters in it. The reports of MetaMixer Plus missing files occurred twice. Is this going to happen for each character I try to load?

Did I not delete all of the files properly with DIM? What, if anything else, should I do with DIM?

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 10.32.12 AM.png
    709 x 670 - 206K
    In the Data Folder.png
    757 x 425 - 86K
    faux2d Characters and Universal.png
    987 x 794 - 214K
    MetaMixer Plus Face Morph Attempt.png
    1245 x 238 - 53K
    edited October 2022

I say DIM should remove everything it installed if you delete the products, if not, there is some weirdness. I take a look what mine says it installed.

What Metamixer PLUS installs (can be seen like this in DIM). Same for MetaMixer toolkit. (Cant post it here as forum told me the post was 133768 characters too long.

screen1.png
    784 x 810 - 173K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

Well, I can't call up MetaMixer Plus, I guess because I uninstalled it. I can call up MetaMixer, or MetaMixer Toolkit, and the Toolkit shows lots of files for faux2d. So, did he also do the MetaMixer ToolKit?

The second screen shot shows what I get if I call up MetaMixer.

If I try MetaMixer Plus, I get nothing.

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 11.56.56 AM.png
    913 x 794 - 299K
    Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 12.01.11 PM.png
    688 x 414 - 69K

he did both, PLUS is an extension to it. I just haven't had time to dig very depp into the issues, been busy.