Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• webduck said:

"Check both tabs in
    Smart Content to
    make sure no items
    are selected in
    either tab"

Hello 
    the problem is that the script takes into account both the pose in the CONTENT LIBRARY and the color of the shoes in the SMART CONTENT !
    If a pose would be selected in both, it would be OK. But the script does not distinguish if it is a pose or a landscape, cars or similar. This is not optimal and very error-prone, which should be urgently improved by you.
    The conversion of the poses is very, very well done - big compliments !!!!!
    Greetings Wolfgang

I don't even have a smart content pane open - never use it. Still failing. 

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited November 2022

@webduck Thanks. The issue is the amount of items highlighted at once. We designed it to only to work with one highlighted item at a time (the pose preset), doesn't matter what else is selected in smart content. We will see how we can make it smarter, maybe by forcing a deselect of other highlighted items (or ignore other preset types, which might slow down the script), we will see what we can do that won't upset some users.

Post edited by Zev0 on

@w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e we are looking into ur issue...

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Zev0 said:

Send me your log file please.

"Also, the naming of this script seems inconsistent with your previous G8 converter"

Not the same developer. Different design.

"Can we PLEASE have a folder converter that produces a new folder of G9 native poses like for G8?"

We will see. A lot of people complained that feature just adds clutter and prefer to do it on the fly.

I prefer to do this on the fly, as well, so this design suits me perfectly.  Assigning the correctors to the Scripts menu makes this very easy and fast to do.

If there is one thing I miss in this product, and that is a converter from G9 to G8 the way we have between G3 and G8.  Going forward, there will be more G9 poses in the store, and especially new users may prefer to buy those, but want to use them on G8 characters.

edited November 2022

"and that is a converter from G9 to G8 the way we have between G3 and G8. "

We will see what can be done about that. But at the time we developed this we didn't have enough G9 poses to test that way around. Will definately be more essential once more G9 poses start to hit the market.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Great - thanks, appreciate your prompt support! I'm a former developer, so if you need anything further from me, or test anything, do reach out.  

w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

webduck said:

"Check both tabs in
    Smart Content to
    make sure no items
    are selected in
    either tab"

Hello 
    the problem is that the script takes into account both the pose in the CONTENT LIBRARY and the color of the shoes in the SMART CONTENT !
    If a pose would be selected in both, it would be OK. But the script does not distinguish if it is a pose or a landscape, cars or similar. This is not optimal and very error-prone, which should be urgently improved by you.
    Greetings Wolfgang

Is this happening with poses from a different set as well?

edited November 2022

Zev0 said:

Great - thanks, appreciate your prompt support! I'm a former developer, so if you need anything further from me, or test anything, do reach out.  

Ok cool. Let me PM you as to not spam the thread.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2022

Ok we working on a smarter popup message that will tell you if you have more than one preset highlighted at once. It will also list them on the popup so you can see. We don't feel auto deselecting other presets is wise. That choice will be left to the user.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

webduck said:

"Check both tabs in
    Smart Content to
    make sure no items
    are selected in
    either tab"

Hello 
    Greetings Wolfgang

Is this happening with poses from a different set as well?

Yes, i've tried dozen or so poses, from 3-4 different pose product sets, both hierarchical and non-hierarchical, G8 and G3. My hunch is that it's macos issue, but I have no basis really for guessing this. Sometimes macos file paths can present issues as they can be case sensitive, so if the script path and file name case doesn't exactly match the installed file path case and file name case, it causes issues which Windows will typically ignore (and thus hide the issue). I've also tried clearing everything out of my scene except for the base G9 character, as I usually have lights, cameras etc by default. Same issue.

• Don't know what is going on but dies not work.  I added tge script to thr Script menu.  O select V9, I select th4 G3 or G8 pose and go to the script menu and click on it.  I get the warning box to add a shortcut key or add to thr scripts menu.

Hi. send me a log file please. Are you on PC or Mac?

• PC, where do I send it?

You can pm me and send it there.

• It's checking only Content Library and Samrt Content, it wouldn't care if there was a selection in the Presets tab of a property pane?

• billyben_0077a25354 said:

Don't know what is going on but dies not work.  I added tge script to thr Script menu.  O select V9, I select th4 G3 or G8 pose and go to the script menu and click on it.  I get the warning box to add a shortcut key or add to thr scripts menu.

This is the same as me. The only common factor I can see is that I am also named Bill. Clearly, this is the underlying cause... I am running macos Ventura and Studio 4.21.05. You? 

OK so far 2 users having this issue..we are going through the logs..........

Richard Haseltine said:

It's checking only Content Library and Samrt Content, it wouldn't care if there was a selection in the Presets tab of a property pane?

no, selection in Presets tab should not matter..

• w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

billyben_0077a25354 said:

Don't know what is going on but dies not work.  I added tge script to thr Script menu.  O select V9, I select th4 G3 or G8 pose and go to the script menu and click on it.  I get the warning box to add a shortcut key or add to thr scripts menu.

This is the same as me. The only common factor I can see is that I am also named Bill. Clearly, this is the underlying cause... I am running macos Ventura and Studio 4.21.05. You? 

Same issue here. I am, however, using a content directory different from the default one. Perhaps the script only checks the default directory that is created during installation? That would be a product-breaking issue for me.

ContentDirectory.png
    569 x 552 - 54K
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Sevrin said:

I prefer to do this on the fly, as well, so this design suits me perfectly.  Assigning the correctors to the Scripts menu makes this very easy and fast to do.

If there is one thing I miss in this product, and that is a converter from G9 to G8 the way we have between G3 and G8.  Going forward, there will be more G9 poses in the store, and especially new users may prefer to buy those, but want to use them on G8 characters.

I concur. This would be ideal. 

• I could not get it to work at all first, but I figured out what I had done wrong. I had manually added the script to the menu by right-clicking it in the content library and so on. What I had to do instead was to add it from within the pose converter interface.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,180
    edited November 2022

This works great!

I made a video of me using this product.

New Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter demonstrated

Post edited by RexRed on
  • johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55

I just wanted to say it has worked fine during my testing (about a dozen poses). I can't say for certain that all poses work, but the ones I tried from a couple of different vendors had no issues.

Thanks Zev0! 

The only thing I wish it also did was animations... but hey, I am guessing that will be an early free upgrade... right?   

wink

Abendwind said:

billyben_0077a25354 said:

Same issue here. I am, however, using a content directory different from the default one. Perhaps the script only checks the default directory that is created during installation? That would be a product-breaking issue for me.

"Perhaps the script only checks the default directory that is created during installation? That would be a product-breaking issue for me."

This should not cause an issue. Its fine to use different content directories

• peterandersson said:

I could not get it to work at all first, but I figured out what I had done wrong. I had manually added the script to the menu by right-clicking it in the content library and so on. What I had to do instead was to add it from within the pose converter interface.

I can confirm this worked for me, too. Thanks for figuring that out.

• peterandersson said:

I could not get it to work at all first, but I figured out what I had done wrong. I had manually added the script to the menu by right-clicking it in the content library and so on. What I had to do instead was to add it from within the pose converter interface.

That was it.  It works now (except I have two enrttries in thre Scripts menu now LOL).

• Same here.
    I selected G9 and a pose in content lib and executed the script.

2022-11-03 06:55:38.982 [DEBUG] :: #fjNLIc: Dialog accepted...
    2022-11-03 06:55:38.982 [DEBUG] ::

//======================================================================
    //====  ENDING SCRIPT #LTwOqC

2022-11-03 07:07:27.249 [DEBUG] :: #v7k6VJ: Error parsing JSON;  SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string
    2022-11-03 07:10:20.664 [DEBUG] :: #fjNLIc: Dialog accepted...
    2022-11-03 07:10:20.664 [DEBUG] ::

//====  ENDING SCRIPT #LTwOqC

edited November 2022

Ah Crap..People are manually making shortcuts> Please do it via the script......We will see what we can do for users making this mistake..

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • M-CM-C Posts: 102

xyer0 said:

Sevrin said:

I concur. This would be ideal. 

I really appreciate the work you did with the converter but I would prefer the above method as well. It simply saves time if you don´t have to wait for another window to pop up just to click "ok".

• Zev0 said:

Ah Crap..People are manually making shortcuts> Please do it via the script......We will see what we can do for users making this mistake..

laugh I genuinely had no idea that might be an issue. A quick & dirty, but very safe solution might actually be to mention it in the error message and just sketch a quick, dumb walk-through of where to click and what to do. Certainly would have helped my bumbling attempts at making it work.

Either way, the actual script seems to work like a charm once you get it to do what it's supposed to. Great job there.