Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• KomodoVRKomodoVR Posts: 115

This product works great and I like the ability to apply a pose via a hotkey. I have two suggestions to enhance productivity that may or may not be feasible at this time:

1. It would be great to have an option/preference to apply a pose without a subsequent popup message when using the script via a hotkey. This way, it would speed things up when trying out multiple poses via the hotkey.

2. I see from the comments that you are already going to address this second suggestion in some way, but I'll mention it anyway. Let's say you have something selected in both the Smart Content and the Content Library. Uh, oh! The script politely complains. Then, you have to deselect the item you don't want to use. Instead, it would be great if you could define a preference/priority for either the Content Library or the Smart Content. This way, you don't have to manually deselect the undesired item because the script already knows which you want to use/prioritise.

As for multiple selected items in either the Smart Content or the Content Library when running the script, it would be great if the script let you choose between the selected items instead of having to first deselect all but one. If multiple items are selected and the hotkey is used, then a popup would be needed and that would override the first suggestion.

Hopefully, at least one of these suggestions made sense.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850
    edited November 2022

Works great - only small adjustment added. Below is a render of Victoria 9 with pose converted from Genesis 8.

I like very much, that the poses are converted directly and does not require to save them first.

V9sc16pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 421K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Very cool script. I normally wouldn't pay for something like this with all the free ones out there, but the ease of use is worth it. Btw...new users should make sure to restart Daz after putting it in the menu and shortcut. I was having the same issue with the script not applying the selected pose in my Content Directory, but when I restarted it worked like a charm.

Thanks for a reasonably priced and professionally done converter Zev!

• Works perfect.

-Ran the script

-Set my shortcut key

-Selected G9

-Highlighted pose

-Ran the shortcut key with the script

-Done

Thank you

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited November 2022

I had the same problems initially with manually creating a custom action. Once it worked though it worked really well.

Vicky 9 using a G8F pose, only minor repositioning of arms and feet needed.

Victoria 9 5s.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 88K
    Post edited by willowfan on
  • I must be doing something wrong. The script doesnt provide any options for keyboard shortcuts or adding to a menu, and the manual options through the Window menu are not accessible while the script is running.

• Anfield said:

I must be doing something wrong. The script doesnt provide any options for keyboard shortcuts or adding to a menu, and the manual options through the Window menu are not accessible while the script is running.

OK - found it in the gear button (which still looks pretty greyed out) on the main interface. Not exactly obvious, but once sorted it looks like the conversion script works well. 

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Awesome tool, I'm having a lot of fun with it! Is there any way to use this to apply a partial pose that isn't saved out as a preset? I combine bits from different poses a lot by selecting a bone and then holding CTRL when clicking the pose preset, then choosing the option to apply it only to the selected bone and its children. If the script allowed me to do that, it'd be pretty much perfect for my needs. 

• I had the same "only one pose" problem, but resolved it. In my case it wasn't more than one pose selected, I had V9 and one pose in content library selected. But I noticed the product support link under web links in utilities for this product was also selected! After un-selecting the product support web link the script ran fine, tested with multiple poses from different libraries as well as self created poses.

Thanks to everyone posting in this thread, looks like a great and very useful product Zev0, thank you :)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

BTW, Jan has done a video tutorial on using this product.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

plasma_ring said:

Awesome tool, I'm having a lot of fun with it! Is there any way to use this to apply a partial pose that isn't saved out as a preset? I combine bits from different poses a lot by selecting a bone and then holding CTRL when clicking the pose preset, then choosing the option to apply it only to the selected bone and its children. If the script allowed me to do that, it'd be pretty much perfect for my needs. 

This is normally the job of Pose Fusion Plus (which we are updating for G9), we still busy with logistics of how the two products will play together.

Anfield said:

Anfield said:

I must be doing something wrong. The script doesnt provide any options for keyboard shortcuts or adding to a menu, and the manual options through the Window menu are not accessible while the script is running.

OK - found it in the gear button (which still looks pretty greyed out) on the main interface. Not exactly obvious, but once sorted it looks like the conversion script works well. 

We busy with the update. Will be a bright green color...Still busy incorporating the safety features....

• RestifRestif Posts: 61
    edited November 2022

works well on G9. no problems. My custom character, no, but that is no doubt due to how I must be bringing in the morph from blender.

Post edited by Restif on
  • Hi
    When i use this script, the Genesis 9's Hip's X, Y, and Z Translate Sliders become too sensitive
    Even if I move a little, the figure goes out of the screen.
    only Hip, other axis is looks ok

DAZ version: 4.21

edited November 2022

Ye we noticed that....It's on the list..Only happens with certain poses and at certain times..trying to find the formula that triggers it.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Zev0 said:

plasma_ring said:

This is normally the job of Pose Fusion Plus (which we are updating for G9), we still busy with logistics of how the two products will play together.

Thank you, that's great to hear! I'll look forward to it. :D 

• MaiMai Posts: 0

It became usable with the help of video. I tried various poses without giving up, and before I knew it, I was able to use it.

It took a lot of patience and patience.

From now on it will come in handy. I used it as a reference to see how everyone was struggling. I'm grateful.

• Zev0 said:

Ye we noticed that....It's on the list..Only happens with certain poses and at certain times..trying to find the formula that triggers it.

I see
    Thank you

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Been working absolutely flawlessly on this end. Thanks Zev0 and bitwelder :)

• Thank you, this is an awesome product!

• edited November 2022

RexRed said:

This works great!

I made a video of me using this product.

New Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter demonstrated

Thank you So Much for this video. I would have never gotten this program to work without it.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I was very excited about this product and unfortunately the disappointment that it does not work, the greater.

I followed the video tutorial in this thread. So I put the script in the main menu under Favorites as described.

Then I loaded various Genesis 9 figures and made sure nothing was selected except in the Scene tab the G9 figure and the G8 pose and called the script from the Main menu.

But no matter what I do, I always get the message: "Please Assign Sortcut Key or Add Script to Menu before use, then open Script while having a Pose file selected".

I've been playing around for hours, uninstalling and reinstalling the product several times (both with DAZ Central and DAZ Install Manager).

I have restarted DAZ Studio several times and it just won't work.

I have DAZ Studio 4.21 Pro installed but all my assets are on a network drive in different folders. This has worked for years without any problems.

• peter_c8c4744f said:

I was very excited about this product and unfortunately the disappointment that it does not work, the greater.

I followed the video tutorial in this thread. So I put the script in the main menu under Favorites as described.

Then I loaded various Genesis 9 figures and made sure nothing was selected except in the Scene tab the G9 figure and the G8 pose and called the script from the Main menu.

But no matter what I do, I always get the message: "Please Assign Sortcut Key or Add Script to Menu before use, then open Script while having a Pose file selected".

I've been playing around for hours, uninstalling and reinstalling the product several times (both with DAZ Central and DAZ Install Manager).

I have DAZ Studio 4.21 Pro installed but all my assets are on a network drive in different folders. This has worked for years without any problems.

Hello maybe this video will help u out better :-) :

• islandgurl31 said:

peter_c8c4744f said:

I was very excited about this product and unfortunately the disappointment that it does not work, the greater.

Thank you, this helps a lot and now it works as desired :-)

• peter_c8c4744f said:

islandgurl31 said:

peter_c8c4744f said:

Thank you, this helps a lot and now it works as desired :-)

Glad I could help :-)

• GreatGonzoGreatGonzo Posts: 47
    edited November 2022

Review: Do not waste your money, the script does not seem to work, Daz product testing please hang your head in shame....
    (a) I install the script
    (b) It appears in the script menu.
    (c) Activate the script
    (d) Error opening file, check log for details
    (e) Checks log, finds 'filed to load script error'
    (f) Redownloads script and reinstalls
    (g) Reboots Daz Studio
    (h) Activate the script
    (i) Error opening file, check log for details
    (j) Checks log, finds 'filed to load script error'
    (k) Decides this script is junk and given V9 was literally released incomplete questions DAZ's testing process.
    (l) Realises I may as well have burned the money
    (l) Goes back to using the FREE pose converter that actually worked

Post edited by GreatGonzo on
  • I installed and then tried the script in my default install of Daz Studio - 4.15.

I kept getting an error message telling me to check the log file, which showed this:

2022-11-06 11:08:47.970 Loading script: J:/Daz Studio/Content/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter.dse
    2022-11-06 11:08:47.971 Failed to load script: J:/Daz Studio/Content/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter.dse

even though the file was in the correct location.

I switched to the 4.21 beta and the script worked fine. 

For me, this is an issue with Daz always putting the latest version of DS in the "Compatible Software" section of the sales page.  Usually it doesn't matter if you are using an older version of DS.  In this case it looks like it does.  Not the fault of the creator so I won't be returning the product, but it does make it a little more awkward to use since DS 4.21 is significantly slower at rendering that 4.15 so I tend to only use it for features that 4.15 doesn't have.

All that said, I'm happy with the way the script works in 4.21

edited November 2022
    We compiled it in version 4.20.0.2. Won't work in versions below that. You need version 4.21 to use genesis 9 properly according to daz. Made no sense compiling in a earlier version where G9 doesn't work properly since the product is for G9. Hope this makes sense.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • 793043235793043235 Posts: 22
    edited November 2022

After I installed it, I clicked on the model and used this tool, and a pop-up window like this popped up. I can't use this tool.
    The pop-up content is "The selected file type is not supported. Please select a pose preset",
    The log file content is “2022-11-06 22:05:42.770 [DEBUG] :: #JSG15q: Unable to get type from duf file object
    2022-11-06 22:05:44.411 [DEBUG] :: #YGGNpx: Wrong file type selected: E:/DAZ3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter.dse
    2022-11-06 22:05:44.411 [DEBUG] :: #uYLPRV: Not able to get selected pose preset”

(Mod edit: changed formatting to normal to be readable)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    Looks like you have the Pose Converter script selected in either Content Lib or Smart Content.