Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited November 2022

"I genuinely had no idea that might be an issue. "

Neither did we....I the mean shortcut via script is just mimicing doing it manually. We gonna see whats up there.....Anyways we busy fixing these issues making it more error free to install and use.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Amazing effort! Thanx!

• Just lost patience with it and binned it, poor instructions on how to use and install I kept getting the same error to select an item in pose folder I only have a smart content folder to select in and it still did not fuction. I find it a total waste. 

• 3DRT3DRT Posts: 61

Does this product work on expressions?

edited November 2022

3DRT said:

Does this product work on expressions?

No..The bones & rigging are just way too different in the face. The only thing we could get across was basic eye movement.

Post edited by Zev0 on

johngru said:

Just lost patience with it and binned it, poor instructions on how to use and install I kept getting the same error to select an item in pose folder I only have a smart content folder to select in and it still did not fuction. I find it a total waste. 

How did you install it? Did you use the gear icon inside the script?

Popup_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 512K
  • Zev0 GREAT PRODUCT.  I am using poses I haven't used in years (including some really old free ones from back in the day).

• Zev0 said:

Ah Crap..People are manually making shortcuts> Please do it via the script......We will see what we can do for users making this mistake..

Yes, using the script to create the menu action worked.

edited November 2022

@Billyben Glad you got it working man. Enjoy and thanks for the support.yes

Post edited by Zev0 on

DrGonzo62 said:

Zev0 said:

Ah Crap..People are manually making shortcuts> Please do it via the script......We will see what we can do for users making this mistake..

OK cool so you're sorted?

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    edited November 2022

Zev0 said:

"Ok, this is the classic again."laugh

No problemyes

Hi,
    just saw after a nap that others are having similar issues.
    For further troubleshooting, here are the steps I took, after which the problem was gone for me.
    First I uninstalled the product via DIM, deleted the zip, deleted script from script menue, downloaded it again and installed it again.
    Searched the log file, viewed it, was a large log file.
    Deleted the log file (so that a fresh one is created at the next start).
    PC rebooted.
    Studio started.
    Now the script workes for me.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Zev0 said:

DrGonzo62 said:

Zev0 said:

OK cool so you're sorted?

Yes, all good now. Thanks!

• Zev0 said:

This was my issue too. It's hardly surprising - the dialog to tell you to add the script to the menu comes up before the main dialog, which is almost entirely greyed out and appears not to be functional at all due to (I presumed) the initial error warning. And the mechanism for adding the script to the menu is very well hidden, under a settings 'cog' icon unobtrusively hiding in a corner, which also appears greyed out. Suggestion: when the first dialog warning comes up, automatically go to the settings dialog when this is closed, rather than to the dialog that you can apparently do nothing with. And have a separate script in the folder to support this as well. A 'read me' entry would be useful too. Mine now appears to be working fine now that I hunted around. I simply deleted the script from the scripts menu, and then used the script setting dialog to re-add it. It now works.

So we found the issue with people adding their own shortcuts, this is what's happening-

To see if the script is added to the Scripts menu, it checks for a "Scripts" menu, then a submenu under it with the exact name of the script. If it doesn't find it, it assumes the script is not in the scripts menu, hense triggering the popup.

So we will be fixing this, as well as the popup warning and showing people who have more than one preset selected at once.

w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

Zev0 said:

This was my issue too. It's hardly surprising - the dialog to tell you to add the script to the menu comes up before the main dialog, which is almost entirely greyed out and appears not to be functional at all due to (I presumed) the initial error warning. And the mechanism for adding the script to the menu is very well hidden, under a settings 'cog' icon unobtrusively hiding in a corner, which also appears greyed out. Suggestion: when the first dialog warning comes up, automatically go to the settings dialog when this is closed, rather than to the dialog that you can apparently do nothing with. And have a separate script in the folder to support this as well. A 'read me' entry would be useful too. Mine now appears to be working fine now that I hunted around. I simply deleted the script from the scripts menu, and then used the script setting dialog to re-add it. It now works.

Cool thanks for confirming. Your confirmation was the one we were waiting for. So it is a universal issue.

• Awesome effort! Huge thanx!

• One thing I noticed is that the G3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter Script in Daz Studio needs to be deselected as well, otherwise the prompt to select only 1 pose comes up in error. So it isn't necessarily only 'Poses' that can block it from functioning.

Besides that, the script dialog box doesn't seem to display (it may be displaying off screen for me due to setup with a wide screen that can do side to side display) but by hitting enter, it clears the prompt even though I couldn't see it to close it so I can gain access to edit the converted pose from there.

• Zev0 said:

Zev0 said:

Cool thanks for confirming. Your confirmation was the one we were waiting for. So it is a universal issue.

Sorry for not looking at the promo! You have to realise that for a fanboy like me, as soon as I see a product from you, I just assume it's going to be great, and don't bother looking at the promo... Can't wait for a full suite of Zev0 tools for G9 in due course! 

shadem980 said:

One thing I noticed is that the G3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter Script in Daz Studio needs to be deselected as well, otherwise the prompt to select only 1 pose comes up in error. So it isn't necessarily only 'Poses' that can block it from functioning.

Besides that, the script dialog box doesn't seem to display (it may be displaying off screen for me due to setup with a wide screen that can do side to side display) but by hitting enter, it clears the prompt even though I couldn't see it to close it so I can gain access to edit the converted pose from there.

Noted.

Zev0 said:

Zev0 said:

Sorry for not looking at the promo! You have to realise that for a fanboy like me, as soon as I see a product from you, I just assume it's going to be great, and don't bother looking at the promo... Can't wait for a full suite of Zev0 tools for G9 in due course! 

Thanks for the kind words.yes

• w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

Zev0 said:

Zev0 said:

Same, lol. "Oh, a new Zev0 product. *Clicks buy*".

• After Assigning a shortcut key and adding the script to the menu, I get "Please Assign Shortcut Key or Add script to menu before use, etc when I do either

• bitwelderbitwelder Posts: 212
    edited November 2022

shadem980 said:

One thing I noticed is that the G3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter Script in Daz Studio needs to be deselected as well, otherwise the prompt to select only 1 pose comes up in error. So it isn't necessarily only 'Poses' that can block it from functioning.

Not sure why the script is not displaying for you, but here is something we can try. Run the attached script first, then run Pose Converter.

This script sets the screen coordinates for Pose Converter to open at x:100, y:100 the next time it runs. It also will display what the last-recorded coordinates are (if any were recorded). Whenever Pose Converter script closes, it records the dialog box coordinates so it knows where to open it up next time.

When you run Pose Converter, you would look for it to display at 100 pixels to the right, and 100 pixels down from the upper left hand corner of some screen. At least we know we're dealing with concrete, positive numbers.

(You would need Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 or later to run this script.)

dse
    dse
    resetPoseConverterScreenCoords.dse
    480B
    Post edited by bitwelder on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

Sucks that my wallet's pissed at me at the moment, so I'm forced to wishlist it… Just wondering is there any way that puppeteer saved poses can be transferred, by that I mean, is it theoretically possible to do, not with this product, but as a general query.

• OK, after reading newer posts, got it. Thanks

• tophandtophand Posts: 120

Totally confused.  I used Daz Central for install. When I got the intial error message, I used the cog to set the scripts menu option. Now, I'm getting "please select only one pose" error. I have only one pose selected. I closed DAZ out to make sure nothing else was selected. Got the same error after restart. Just to be clear, I am using the sequence, select gen9, select pose, then script from scripts menu

• bitwelder said:

shadem980 said:

Not sure why the script is not displaying for you, but here is something we can try. Run the attached script first, then run Pose Converter.

This script sets the screen coordinates for Pose Converter to open at x:100, y:100 the next time it runs. It also will display what the last-recorded coordinates are (if any were recorded). Whenever Pose Converter script closes, it records the dialog box coordinates so it knows where to open it up next time.

When you run Pose Converter, you would look for it to display at 100 pixels to the right, and 100 pixels down from the upper left hand corner of some screen. At least we know we're dealing with concrete, positive numbers.

(You would need Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 or later to run this script.)

@bitwelder Thanks, the script did work to reset it to be on screen again. Appreciate it! 

• Zev0, is it normal for the characters tro windup below the floor when using the converter?

edited November 2022

This depends on the source pose..Some poses the figure floats, some below...It's just how some sets get translated across. Is the drop to floor tickbox enabled? That should fix it.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Re-installed this and spent a couple of hours trying to get it to wor, finally found where there was a pose selected deselected this and started the pose process again and it works fine, It really needs soe way to deselt poses prior to using the converter it takes way too long to track a selected pose. Really does a good job of converting poses once sorted.