Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2023 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,062

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

Hubby and I have been watching a LOT of National Geographic Egypt specials lately... I so love seeing what they 'dig' up each week.  Last series we watched was all about the KINGS! 

Anyway... If I could.. I'd love to be on an archeological dig.  Lots of them around Cairo... I'd have a hard time choosing where to dig first... lol.  ENJOY!

"Archeological Dig"

Nice image, I wonder if they will find anything interesting under the sand :)

I've also not been to any of the places on the list - well except Montreal but then only the inside of the Bus terminal and some motorways so doesn't really count.  So will be fun to "visit" them via the renders posted here :)

YAY... SofaCitizen... I'm glad you like the themes this year... I'm jealous of your idea with the girls though... Great fun they will have traveling around the world ;) 

Regarding the digging anything interesting... Watching National Geographic's Egypt series I didn't realize HOW much they would find.  So much so that the special is in Season 4 I think... ;)  Not boring a bit.  ;)

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Summoning

She held the jade scarab in her right palm and began to chant the verses of summoning. The scarab grew hot as her eyes began to glow with a pale green color as she fed the jade relic with her life energies. Matching the color of her eyes, the jade floated above her hand and grew in size. Now larger than her head, the relic took control of the energy flow as if feeding on her. Almost imperceptible to her eyes, the scarab began to oscillate as it sent out a sound so low that she  felt her insides beginning to shake. Her focus must not waver even as the flow of life energy was beginning to exhaust her.

Deep below her feet, an ancient battle scarab began to stir from slumber. It could sense it was being called and the compulsion to surface was undeniable. As it dug upwards through the sand, it could feel others like itself responding to the summons. The call from the jade scarab would pull in more and more of these ancient guardians until the life force feeding it was completely consumed.

I apologize for not focusing on Cairo. I hope you don't feel like I Egypted you.

edited February 2023

Zatetic said:

Summoning

She held the jade scarab in her right palm and began to chant the verses of summoning. The scarab grew hot as her eyes began to glow with a pale green color as she fed the jade relic with her life energies. Matching the color of her eyes, the jade floated above her hand and grew in size. Now larger than her head, the relic took control of the energy flow as if feeding on her. Almost imperceptible to her eyes, the scarab began to oscillate as it sent out a sound so low that she  felt her insides beginning to shake. Her focus must not waver even as the flow of life energy was beginning to exhaust her.

Deep below her feet, an ancient battle scarab began to stir from slumber. It could sense it was being called and the compulsion to surface was undeniable. As it dug upwards through the sand, it could feel others like itself responding to the summons. The call from the jade scarab would pull in more and more of these ancient guardians until the life force feeding it was completely consumed.

I apologize for not focusing on Cairo. I hope you don't feel like I Egypted you.

Ha... I don't feel Egypted... ;)  I realized early on that maybe the city wouldn't be as good as the country.  ;)  Easy Peasy... Glad someone else added a pyramid... Hubby said everyone would... lol.  Glad he was wrong.  I'm enjoying all the different interpretations to the theme this month.  Thanks for joining the fun Zatetic  !!!!

btw... I hate bugzzzzzzzzzz... scarbs make my skin crawl.. echkkkk

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,228
    edited February 2023

Llola Lane said:

Sven Dullah said:

Nice ones, folks! The history of Egypt I find truly fascinating, would love to go there some day...meanwhile still hoping for a few more artworks;))

Me too.. to go to Egypt... but I'm afraid It is just a dream and we will never go... (sighs)... We still have 1 day so I'm crossing fingers we get some last minuters' artworks.  ;)  

You can go there, if only in books and art and thinking. 

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

Sven Dullah said:

Nice ones, folks! The history of Egypt I find truly fascinating, would love to go there some day...meanwhile still hoping for a few more artworks;))

Me too.. to go to Egypt... but I'm afraid It is just a dream and we will never go... (sighs)... We still have 1 day so I'm crossing fingers we get some last minuters' artworks.  ;)  

You can go there, if only in books and art and thinking. 

Agreed.... hence this year's challenge theme ;)

Thanks goodness for National Geographic TV shows too.  ;)

Pack your bags everyone... It's FEBRUARY = Sydney, Australia.  It's a long flight from Ohio so I'm packing lots of snacks!!!  See you all there!

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Llola Lane said:

YAY... SofaCitizen... I'm glad you like the themes this year... I'm jealous of your idea with the girls though... Great fun they will have traveling around the world ;)

It is a good theme - so much scope for different ideas and a chance to use some assets I haven't gotten round to playing around with yet :)  I'm glad you like the idea, hopefully I can do it justice with 11 more renders in the set over the coming year!

Llola Lane said:

Glad someone else added a pyramid... Hubby said everyone would... lol.  Glad he was wrong.

To be fair my second attempt before the final image was in front of a pyramid - but only after I discarded the original plan for staging the scene in the Khan el-Khalili Bazar which proved to be far too difficult.

Looking forward to see what we all come up with while visiting Sydney :)

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

It is a good theme - so much scope for different ideas and a chance to use some assets I haven't gotten round to playing around with yet :)  I'm glad you like the idea, hopefully I can do it justice with 11 more renders in the set over the coming year!

Llola Lane said:

Glad someone else added a pyramid... Hubby said everyone would... lol.  Glad he was wrong.

To be fair my second attempt before the final image was in front of a pyramid - but only after I discarded the original plan for staging the scene in the Khan el-Khalili Bazar which proved to be far too difficult.

Looking forward to see what we all come up with while visiting Sydney :)

Well my first Egypt idea attempt didn't work out either so I ended up with an archeology one.  Sometimes we have 'happy accidents' ;) 

On to Sydney... or Australia... we shall see where my artwork takes me ;) 

edited February 2023

"The Bush"

I went down before I got to Sydney. I guess I'll be taking a walkabout.

The Bush.png
    2500 x 1184 - 6M

AgitatedRiot said:

"The Bush"

Oh my Agi.. that is wonderful!!!!  I was thinking animals too.... hummm... I guess I'll have a rethink ;)  Glad to have you participating again this year ;)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

AgitatedRiot said:

"The Bush"

Murphy's law? Nice one:) 

• Thanks, I didn't know if I wanted roos or the koalas. UltraScenery - Australia was an accessible landscape since I've had it in my library for a while now.

AgitatedRiot said:

Thanks, I didn't know if I wanted roos or the koalas. UltraScenery - Australia was an accessible landscape since I've had it in my library for a while now.

Me too and not used it (Australia) yet... I'd have to buy the roos and/or Koalas... Don't have either.  We shall see if a sale is in the cards (fingers crossed)

edited February 2023

I need to find a wallaby, platypus, cockatoo, and a didgeridoo.

So I can make an Image for this.

edited February 2023

AgitatedRiot said:

Ha.. you already made a render for this thread... but... That would be lovely for my https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/88161/llola-lane-s-song-music-story-poem-inspired-render-thread-join-me-if-you-wish thread ;)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Ha.. you already made a render for this thread... but... That would be lovely for my https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/88161/llola-lane-s-song-music-story-poem-inspired-render-thread-join-me-if-you-wish thread ;)

That was a hint for that thread. 

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

That was a hint for that thread. 

Have at it... anyone can post there... ;)  I will watch for it!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I have a few ideas for this theme this month butt it depends on real life if i can get it done in time!

Saphirewild said:

I have a few ideas for this theme this month butt it depends on real life if i can get it done in time!

That would be lovely... Hope you can get one posted Saph.... Hugzzzzzzzzzz

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Hugzzzzzz you back Llola thanks so much I needed a good hug this morning!

Saphirewild said:

Hugzzzzzz you back Llola thanks so much I needed a good hug this morning!

Happy to oblige... I'm told I'm a great hugger :)  No rush... you still have time to post something.  ;)

knock... knock.... anyone here?  are we going to FEBRUARY = Sydney, Australia or not???  lol.  I'm working on mine.  Had to wait for a sale to grab something.  But I got it and now I'm putting it together... ;)  Australia here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'm lurking

AgitatedRiot said:

I'm lurking

Oh good... and you started us off so nicely, with Australia too.  ;)  We still have time... I'm hoping I've not lost everyone.  ;)

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Llola Lane said:

knock... knock.... anyone here?  are we going to FEBRUARY = Sydney, Australia or not???  lol.  I'm working on mine.  Had to wait for a sale to grab something.  But I got it and now I'm putting it together... ;)  Australia here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still here :) Gonna have to wait till the weekend before I can start on Sydney but I do have an idea and as of a few days ago a few more relevant assets also.

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

Still here :) Gonna have to wait till the weekend before I can start on Sydney but I do have an idea and as of a few days ago a few more relevant assets also.

I hear ya... the sales for Australia content have been sparce lately... I'm really having to streeeeeeeeeeetch my imagination ;)  

• I am floating around just not had the time, energy or brain to render anything

DreamWeever said:

I am floating around just not had the time, energy or brain to render anything

<--Waaaaaaaaavezzzzzzz... You still have time.  Hope your brain can get into gear!  lol

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2023

...approaching...

Approaching Sydney g awe.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

OH ... WOWWWWWWWW... Sven... I'm jealous... That is absolutely wonderful!  Where did you get the Sydney backdrop?