Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2023 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,592

hugueskrebs said:

Thanks! If I may one little advice, separate the genesis type from the background to the foreground: for example I used genesis 9 in front of the camera and genesis 3 on the back because it's too heavy for the render. And try to do the same with the clothes, some are heavier than the others.
    But if you have a very strong computer and graphic card, don't mind this...
    smiley

Advice is always welcome :) The vast majority of my assets are G8 so I normally default to using that generation. For the render I am planning there would also be style reasons for using both G8 and G9 for the primary cast but I should have enough G3 things to use those for the secondary and ancillary cast. It should be pretty interesting to push the envelope of what I can fit in a scene beyond what Camera View & Scene Optimiser plugins allow me to squeeze into my VRam. But it will have to wait a-while as I have others to do first including my May/Italian submission for this thread which I will try and finish up today :)

edited May 2023

This one took a little longer than it should as I think the scene file is haunted! First I somehow managed to lose the Environment and Tone settings after doing the first render last night and so after fixing some foot positioning this morning I wasn't able to spot-render the changes. Also, for some reason my texture optimisations didn't save so it was hitting the CPU again and I had to re-do them. There was a weird glitch with the billboards I used for the family in the back too but I think that's now fixed.

Postcards to Dad #05 : Italy

Hey Dad, Italy has been so wonderful - So much to see and the food is amazing!

We went to the Colosseum in Rome last week which was so impressive and I took lots of pictures. However, this image is instead from a highly-embarrasing trip to the Arena di Verona where Jessie and I were the main participants in the "interactive-experience" - performing a mock-battle for the rest of our tour group. Jessie couldn't volunteer fast enough and they only needed to give her the lion cloak - she had the rest of the stuff in her bag already. My inclusion was a punishment from Leyla who blames me for losing the phone number of a boy she met. It's not my fault she leaves her stuff all over the hotel room floor - someone has to tidy things up and who writes these things on napkins anymore?

I wasn't at all happy to wear that costume, but it was kinda amazing to be in the centre of the area where so much history has happened and be cheered on while me and Jessie pretended to fight. I'm sure once the embarrasment has died down I'll be able to look back on it as a fun, positive experience - but don't tell Leyla that I said that!

Ciao, Penny xx

Gallery link for used products etc.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Good Gosh!! There are pretty amazing renders for this months theme!!

I am not going to be able to post anything this month because I am so busy in rl with meetings and dr.'s appointments with the gbabies!!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050

Saphirewild said:

Good Gosh!! There are pretty amazing renders for this months theme!!

I am not going to be able to post anything this month because I am so busy in rl with meetings and dr.'s appointments with the gbabies!!

That's ok Saph... Real Life comes first... I am barely making it this month.  Hopefully June will be a little less busy for me.  Just stay well... Hugzzzzzz :)

edited May 2023

ok gang... I made it... whew.. barely... I really do not like fighting but I know way back when people used to pay to watch it.  Well I guess they still do too... lol.  I would like to think I would be one of the few that didn't go to the gladiator games!  Still it is part of roman history.  ENJOY!

ITALY roman centurion DONE SIGN framed.jpg
    1074 x 1074 - 218K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

ok Gang... JUNE = Paris, France... Hop on your preferred transportation and meet me there!!!!!!!!!

Llola Lane said:

ok gang... I made it... whew.. barely... I really do not like fighting but I know way back when people used to pay to watch it.  Well I guess they still do too... lol.  I would like to think I would be one of the few that didn't go to the gladiator games!  Still it is part of roman history.  ENJOY!

Glad you made it in time :)  The gladiator games do seem very extreme by today's standards but then they didn't have Netflix back then so I guess entertainment was harder to come by.

Paris does have pretty different connotations so you can turn to art and wine for inspiration this month :)

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,219
    edited June 2023

"Waiting"

Having fun waiting on the rest of you. I wish you were here.

Paris.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

AgitatedRiot said:

"Waiting"

Nice! Great way to start us off.

The journey from Italy to France is a little shorter than the last one and so hopefully we can all meet up with you sooner this time :)

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

Glad you made it in time :)  The gladiator games do seem very extreme by today's standards but then they didn't have Netflix back then so I guess entertainment was harder to come by.

Paris does have pretty different connotations so you can turn to art and wine for inspiration this month :)

Thanks Sof... and yes... i'm looking forward to gay Pariiii  ;)  

edited June 2023

AgitatedRiot said:

"Waiting"

Ha.. Well done Agi... gonna have to wait a little longer for my artworks... and I have a feeling we are gonna see the Eiffel Tower quite a bit this month ... ;)... lol

Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

"Waiting"

Ha.. Well done Agi... gonna have to wait a little longer for my artworks... and I have a feeling we are gonna see the Eiffel Tower quite a bit this month ... ;)... lol

I'll be here all month waiting kind of liking this city. 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,794

hanging around in Paris laugh

• hugueskrebshugueskrebs Posts: 151

Bonjour à toutes et à tous !
    Et bienvenue à Paris !!!
    Je vous présente: Notre-Dame rebuilt

On April 15, 2019, a violent fire destroyed the spire and the entire roof covering the nave, choir and transept. It is the largest disaster the cathedral has suffered since its construction. Since then, Notre Dame has been closed to the public. Its identical reconstruction is decided in 2020 and its reopening to the public scheduled for 2024.
    There is a story in my gallery (and you can make your own, as @Eve did !) :
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4681001054765056#image=1295675

Bonne journée, bon voyage et à bientôt !!
    wink

For some reason I am not getting notices for this thread... I am sorry I have not replied sooner...

Thanks oodles Stezza (I loooooooooooove the cartooney vibe... groovie man!  lol)  and hugueskrebs (April 15th is my birthday... Such a sad thing to remember on my birthday... but a good thing if I get a refund on my USA taxes.. lol.  I gave mom and dad a tax break that year... YAY for me.. lol.   Wonderful artwork as usual.  So much detail)  THANK YOU both for adding some Paris..France... posts to this thread.  I am still working on mine. 

Llola Lane said:

For some reason I am not getting notices for this thread... I am sorry I have not replied sooner...

Thanks oodles Stezza (I loooooooooooove the cartooney vibe... groovie man!  lol)  and hugueskrebs (April 15th is my birthday... Such a sad thing to remember on my birthday... but a good thing if I get a refund on my USA taxes.. lol.  I gave mom and dad a tax break that year... YAY for me.. lol.   Wonderful artwork as usual.  So much detail)  THANK YOU both for adding some Paris..France... posts to this thread.  I am still working on mine. 

Lucky you. The man makes me pay every three months.

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

Lucky you. The man makes me pay every three months.

So far we are getting refunds... Last year we had to pay... but hubby found out they weren't taking enough taxes out of his pension so hopefully this year it will be fixed (fingers crossed)

• Cobalt42Cobalt42 Posts: 26

First time posting in a challenge such as this so hopefully this picture qualifies. Used the French Street and Paris for G8F from DAZ. Used La Parisienne Bundle and parts of Paris Coffee Kiosk from Renderosity. Now I have more French inspired pics under construction.

Paris at French Street.jpg
    2560 x 1600 - 3M
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Cobalt42 said:

First time posting in a challenge such as this so hopefully this picture qualifies. Used the French Street and Paris for G8F from DAZ. Used La Parisienne Bundle and parts of Paris Coffee Kiosk from Renderosity. Now I have more French inspired pics under construction.

Nicely done!  Looks like high noon, by the lighting and shadows. 

• Cobalt42Cobalt42 Posts: 26

Actually it is high noon. I used the IBL Clear Skies product for the lighting. Set the sun at 90 degrees. I figured with buildings on both sides the street will be in shadows no matter where the sun is.

• hugueskrebshugueskrebs Posts: 151

Llola Lane said:

Hi @Llola Lane hello everyone! I'm glad to be back here (and glad this month we stay a little in my city) !
    wink 

Cobalt42 said:

It is nicely done.

Cobalt42 said:

YAY... Happy to be following you to France Cobalt42 ... I'm glad this challenge inspired you!  Well done!

NOTICE... for the new peeps posting... In case you missed it... We are posting 1 new piece of artwork each month.  This year we are taking a trip around the world.

Here’s a list of places I'd like to visit... Cities or countries are fine.   HAVE FUN!!!

JANUARY = Cairo, Egypt
    FEBRUARY = Sydney, Australia
    MARCH = Hong Kong, China
    APRIL = Mexico City, Mexico
    MAY = Rome, Italy
    JUNE = Paris, France
    JULY = Montreal, Canada
    AUGUST = Washington, DC, USA
    SEPTEMBER = Tokyo, Japan
    OCTOBER = Nigeria, Africa
    NOVEMBER = Moscow, Russia
    DECEMBER = Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

hugueskrebs said:

Llola Lane said:

Hi @Llola Lane hello everyone! I'm glad to be back here (and glad this month we stay a little in my city) !
    wink 

<--waaaaaaaaaves... You live in France hugueskrebs ???  I'd love to visit there some day (sighs)... The countryside looks like heaven!  Hubby watches the Tour de France every year on TV.  We are in awe of the serene quietness.  Except of course when the bicyclists are there... lol

Sorry, I'm late to the party yet again :(  I did start this one a while ago but got a bit stuck halfway through and only managed to get back to it this week so just about sneaking in before the deadline.

Postcards to Dad #06 : Paris

Hi Dad!

As usual things have been so hectic this month - a new city means so many more things to see and do!  We've been up the Eiffel Tower and round the Louvre, Notre-Dame cathederal and so many other places.  However, when it came to selecting the photo for this postcard I had to use this one.  We were just having a bit of lunch after a shopping trip when a friend from our hotel was walking by and took this quick snap.  It wasn't until I saw it later that I noticed the guy proposing in the background - at the time we were so caught up in our conversation... and the wine!  It reminded me of the story you told me about when you proposed to Mum and so it seemed the perfect choice.

Thinking of you, Penny xox

Gallery link for products used

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Memories of Sailing to France

Decades ago I had a friend who owned a small yacht which we occasionnally sailed across the channel to various French ports. This render is based on my memories of Honfleur which had a lot of very old buildings near the quay. 

(3Delight & Gimp)

A Last Minute Rush™ Production.

edited June 2023

YAY... I'm happy to see more artwork this last day of June... and I too am posting it late.  It's not quite what I wanted but with the limits of Daz vs real life Photography I am at a loss how to realisticly light up the Eiffel Tower.  I decided projections of stars ON the tower was my only solution... so here ya have it...

"The Eiffel Tower at Night... a selfie"

grrrrrrrrrrrr.. it's here til I can get it uploaded... grrrr

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5888571185561600#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1297077

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Where?

DanaTA said:

Where?

patience please... Uploads are not working for me... again.  Link to gallery is posted