Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2023 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,051

hugueskrebs said:

Hola amigos y amigas!
    I am pleased to invite you to the Broadway Show Premiere: Stagecoach to Mexico, the Musical

I made this picture and combined the two render challenge (The April monthly contest, and this one).
    All the storylines in my gallery:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4681001054765056#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1287815
    ¡Disfruta de la vida!

BRAVOOOOOOOOO... encore... encore  hugueskrebs ... well done.. Thanks for joining the fun!

edited April 2023

Hubby and I like to do DIFFERENT things, from the normal sight seeing tours, when we travel.  If we went to Mexico... I'd love to meet the people with sombraros... a Hacienda... ride a horse, and stay for lunch!  That would be the best trip!

Enjoy my "Mexican Hacienda"

MEXICO hacienda DONE SIGN framed.jpg
    1270 x 745 - 188K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Some great Mexican render so far thi month unfurntuneatly I am not going to be able to post a render myself this month as things are getting so busy here even on Sunday!! But hopefully next month will be better!

Saphirewild said:

Some great Mexican render so far thi month unfurntuneatly I am not going to be able to post a render myself this month as things are getting so busy here even on Sunday!! But hopefully next month will be better!

That's ok Saph... Real life DOES get in the way of our free time... I am lucky I got some time yesterday to create something.  May is super busy for me... My sister is coming in from Arizona for a week... Family gathering in Michigan... etc.. etc... But I will force myself to make a render for MAY's = Rome, Italy!

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,594

It's also been a tricky month for me too with time, energy and creativity in short supply. Managed to put something together tho so I can post it with only 53 minutes of the month left :) Will try to avoid leaving it till the last moment next time!

Postcards to Dad #04 : Mexico

Hi Dad, I hope you had a great birthday.

Sorry it's taken so long to write again but Mexico has been so manic and I've barely had time to sit down and take a moment to pick up a pen. Our last stop before moving on was the El Castillo temple in Chichen Itza which I have been really looking forward to seeing. Unfortunately, Jessie had the camera for this visit and she's still in need of some lessons so most of the shots are not too good. However, she did manage to capture this shot of when Leyla spotted a man walking along the top of the temple. I didn't think anyone was allowed up there anymore, not that I would be brave enough to climb up anyway! No sooner had we spotted him but he gave us a quick wave and then turned the corner and was gone. We walked around to the other side but he must have climbed down and disappeared into the crowd. It's like he was a ghost - or just very good at blending into the background.

Anyway, a long flight tomorrow so I need to get some sleep.

Penny xox

SofaCitizen said:

It's also been a tricky month for me too with time, energy and creativity in short supply. Managed to put something together tho so I can post it with only 53 minutes of the month left :) Will try to avoid leaving it till the last moment next time!

Postcards to Dad #04 : Mexico

Hi Dad, I hope you had a great birthday.

Sorry it's taken so long to write again but Mexico has been so manic and I've barely had time to sit down and take a moment to pick up a pen. Our last stop before moving on was the El Castillo temple in Chichen Itza which I have been really looking forward to seeing. Unfortunately, Jessie had the camera for this visit and she's still in need of some lessons so most of the shots are not too good. However, she did manage to capture this shot of when Leyla spotted a man walking along the top of the temple. I didn't think anyone was allowed up there anymore, not that I would be brave enough to climb up anyway! No sooner had we spotted him but he gave us a quick wave and then turned the corner and was gone. We walked around to the other side but he must have climbed down and disappeared into the crowd. It's like he was a ghost - or just very good at blending into the background.

Anyway, a long flight tomorrow so I need to get some sleep.

Penny xox

whew... made it with minutes to spare SofaCitizen... I wondered how the girls were getting along... That man was probably my hubby... He made it to the top of the ruins we visited on our cruise to Cozumel... It was over 100 degrees and we were hungry and i was bus sick!  lol  But we are glad we went.

ok Gang... MAY = Rome, Italy... and... we're off!!!!!!!!!!

Llola Lane said:

whew... made it with minutes to spare SofaCitizen... I wondered how the girls were getting along... That man was probably my hubby... He made it to the top of the ruins we visited on our cruise to Cozumel... It was over 100 degrees and we were hungry and i was bus sick!  lol  But we are glad we went.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like a fun ride. Hopefully your future bus rides will be more enjoyable.

Looking forward to see some Rome images in the upcoming month :)

edited May 2023

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like a fun ride. Hopefully your future bus rides will be more enjoyable.

Not the best excursion we've been on... but... Lunch was included... If... you could call it lunch... It was more of a snack... We were sooooooooooo hungry and no seconds :(... I WAS happy to get back to the ship though... lol.  I don't do well in vehicles... Unless I'm driving... lol.

I am looking forward to the trip to Rome/Italy also.  I'm 1/4th Italian on my grandfather's side. 

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,220

Llola Lane said:

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

I am looking forward to the trip to Rome/Italy also.  I'm 1/4th Italian on my grandfather's side. 

I'm 100% Mutt. 

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

I'm 100% Mutt. 

haa... woof!

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,507
    edited May 2023

Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

I'm 100% Mutt. 

haa... woof!

Deleted post as did not add to the value of this thread.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
    edited May 2023

"Ristorante all'aperto"

We had the cake; she had an expresso, and I had cola, a little off the beaten path. 

Ristorante all'aperto.png
    2500 x 1150 - 4M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

ArtAngel said:

Pet surgeries and adversities (my nemesis) keep me from entering this contest. Before hubby got injured we we were fortunate enough to travel to other countries multiple times per year. Only two cruises the rest were a two to three week stay via plane. We booked Cozemel, Los Cabos and Playa del Carmen in 2005 for 2006 but Hurricane Hilda happened in October and Cozemel wasa no go but we did visit it by chartering a boat. Have 4000 photos of the trip here are a couple, so much mterial so little time. 

So back in the 80's, in Portugal I managed to get a guard with a gun to pose for a shot rather than shoot me. And here I am dancing with guns again in Mexico. No fear may not be the best motto. This was just a few months after Hilda hit. The hurricane crushed Cozemel.  But there were tons of ventures available. Chichen Iza, one of the 7 wonders of the world was amazing. Two weeks was not enough.

This is not a contest ArtAngel... it is a RENDER challenge... Each month we create ONE render for the theme... May is ROME, ITALY... Hopefully you can join us this month.  :)

AgitatedRiot said:

"Ristorante all'aperto"

We had the cake; she had an expresso, and I had cola, a little off the beaten path.

Thanks for starting us off to Italy Agi... I love the lighting in your artwork.  Nice to know they have cola in Italy... LOL.  

Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

"Ristorante all'aperto"

Thanks for starting us off to Italy Agi... I love the lighting in your artwork.  Nice to know they have cola in Italy... LOL.  

Thank you. 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,507

Llola Lane said:

ArtAngel said:

Pet surgeries and adversities (my nemesis) keep me from entering this contest. Before hubby got injured we we were fortunate enough to travel to other countries multiple times per year. Only two cruises the rest were a two to three week stay via plane. We booked Cozemel, Los Cabos and Playa del Carmen in 2005 for 2006 but Hurricane Hilda happened in October and Cozemel wasa no go but we did visit it by chartering a boat. Have 4000 photos of the trip here are a couple, so much mterial so little time. 

So back in the 80's, in Portugal I managed to get a guard with a gun to pose for a shot rather than shoot me. And here I am dancing with guns again in Mexico. No fear may not be the best motto. This was just a few months after Hilda hit. The hurricane crushed Cozemel.  But there were tons of ventures available. Chichen Iza, one of the 7 wonders of the world was amazing. Two weeks was not enough.

This is not a contest ArtAngel... it is a RENDER challenge... Each month we create ONE render for the theme... May is ROME, ITALY... Hopefully you can join us this month.  :)

Thank you. Good to know. Now that I think about it, I have never entered a contest in my life. I went to page one to learn more about your thread and thought holy crap. This is not going to be a five minute read. Congratulations on sticking with it since 2013. Looks like I have some interesting posts to catch up on if I don't fall down the rabbit-hole of talkphotgraphy. Photography was a big part of life  (wayback url lol) for hubby and I too.  Love your themes. Great concept.

ArtAngel said:

Llola Lane said:

ArtAngel said:

Thank you. Good to know. Now that I think about it, I have never entered a contest in my life. I went to page one to learn more about your thread and thought holy crap. This is not going to be a five minute read. Congratulations on sticking with it since 2013. Looks like I have some interesting posts to catch up on if I don't fall down the rabbit-hole of talkphotgraphy. Photography was a big part of life  (wayback url lol) for hubby and I too.  Love your themes. Great concept.

Llola Lane has another. You might like Llola Lane's Song/Music/Story/Poem Inspired Render Thread... Join me if you wish!!! - Page 48 - Daz 3D Forums

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,796
    edited May 2023

When in Rome do as the Carrarians do! smiley

Rome.png
    800 x 600 - 686K
    Post edited by Stezza on

I Loved that game. great render

• Romana!

tex in rome_Camera.png
    1209 x 1187 - 2M
    Excellent
  • Thanks! My own character and a freebie hdri :)

Hi gang... sorry I've not been about much this month... We've had company... etc... Life gets in the way of our freetime sometimes.  I'll post again shortly... Stay well.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Italy, home of fast cars, pasta, pizza, luxury goods, passion, flare and fashion...

Italian Fashion Photoshoot

(3Delight & Gimp)

Nice.

Lovelly image nattaruk :)

I've also not had much Daz-time for a few reasons but have had an idea in my head for a while so hopeing to bring it to reality this weekend.

• hugueskrebshugueskrebs Posts: 151
    edited May 2023

Hello travelers !!
    I just finish my image for the monthly daz+ render contest, and due to less time than usual, I combined it with our journey in Italy... but during Ancient Rome...
    Let me present to you : PEPLUM

I invite you to read the story of those characters in my gallery:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4681001054765056#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1291803

Thanks for watching!

Post edited by hugueskrebs on

Awesome render hugueskrebs! And congrats for doubling-up to fit it into two threads as it must have taken a long time to put together. I've had an idea for a 20+ figure scene for a while but haven't been brave enough to tackle that one yet!

• hugueskrebshugueskrebs Posts: 151

SofaCitizen said:

Awesome render hugueskrebs! And congrats for doubling-up to fit it into two threads as it must have taken a long time to put together. I've had an idea for a 20+ figure scene for a while but haven't been brave enough to tackle that one yet!

Thanks! If I may one little advice, separate the genesis type from the background to the foreground: for example I used genesis 9 in front of the camera and genesis 3 on the back because it's too heavy for the render. And try to do the same with the clothes, some are heavier than the others.
    But if you have a very strong computer and graphic card, don't mind this...
    smiley