Arabella 7

Comments

• boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458
    edited October 2015

No doubt, I'll open up the wallet when I see Lilith 7, however... laugh

If!

If we see lilith 7 which leaves me very doubtful frown

The other thing that disapoint me (a lot) is the face wich is really close to what we already have. I know that we can have many other faces out there but doing a whole new char without a strong new look face is not a big move from daz. My 2cts.

Edit: By the way, Lilith 6 was my very firts pro bundle purchase at daz, love her heartkissblushcheeky

Post edited by boisselazon on
  • HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,663
    edited August 2017

-

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • I never use the faces as is, so it's the body shape that intrigues me about Arabella.

She has the wide hips of Lilith, but she's so very skinny. Arabella's breasts are maybe closer to Teen Josie 7's than Victoria's, and I think that's great. I do appreciate the voluptuousness of Bethany & the glam of Victoria, but I think we needed an adult body shape with a more modest bustline.

Maybe Arabella's face might resemble Victoria, but that's on a separate dial. I'm not a big fan of Bethany's face either. If you blended Bethany and Arabella, I think you could get close to Lilith. Of course, since Lilith 6 sold well, why wouldn't we get a Lilith 7? Arabella would hardly stand in the way, I think.

edited August 2017

-

• why wouldn't we get a Lilith 7?

My guess: we won't. sad and angry

Why? Add up this:

- except for Victoria, we don't have G2 char's names used in G3

- we have 2 shapes buddles that (try to) mimic those G2 chars

- the whole new line of G3 main char follows a completely different strategy/development/look. See Bethany for exemple : no G2 equivalent, Karen no real G2 equivalent etc...

- G2 main chars where clearly "type of char/market" based. Gia: round musclar, lilith goth model, giselle fae, mei lin asian,  etc... Except for Bethany, we don't have this picturized in G3

- etc...

I liked the fact that in G2 I could start to be inspired with a "type of girl". If for example, I wanted a asian beauty a bit fantasy elven, I knew where to look for to get some more inspiration and in the process the tools iI needed.

In G3, the process is completely different. 

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited October 2015

I'm surprised nobody guessed this would be an attempt at a seasonal release, considering how close it is to Hallowe'en and the name frequently being used in horror/gothic stuff. :)

Thinking of obtaining her, beause of the steep discount for PC members on her, but I'm not sure how different her face is from V7...

Regardless, it's nice to see some more vampiric-themed items being released! The poses, Ghost Bride Dress and Mortuorum Sacris, especially. I've been wanting a dress like that for G2F, but this will do nicely. I'm hoping someone will be releasing a shawl-like dress for G2F or G3F, so that we can create ourselves a fanged Lucy Westenra from her famous scene!

Also, a Count Dracula and/or Count Orlock costume for G2M. I've been able to create the respective characters (although, it'd be nice to have a widow's peak style of hair for G2F and G2M), but there has yet to be something authentic for their period clothing. Luthbel's Vendetta is closest.

Can any new users of A7 do a comparison between her face and V7's own?

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875

I'm glad to see it's not just me that doesn't get why this has to be a whole new figure. Honestly it looks like she could have been a new V7 based figure with a pale skin and goth makeup. 

Just doing a quick comparison of measurments:

G3F Measurements
    Figure Height Bust Waist Hip
    Victora 7 5'10: 35.9" 23.9" 37.0"
    Bethany 5'8" 40.0" 31.3" 42.8"
    Karen 5'11" 36.0" 26.0" 37.6"
    Eva 5'11" 35.3" 24.5" 36.5"
    Teen Josie 5'4.7" 30.2" 21.8" 31.1"
    Arabell 5'4.7" 30.2" 21.8" 31.1"

So either they messed up the measurements on the website or she's basically Teen Josie with pale skin and a different face morph.

On another note am I the only one that finds it strange that other than the teen model and the "full figured" model all of the major women in the Dazverse are 6" - 7" taller than the average height for women in most of the first world countries. I guess in that sense Arabell might be more logical since she's a fairly average sized woman. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609

I am going with liking the new release. I think the big breasted girl is sort of overdone here at DAZ. So it is nice to have a slim adult figure, who is an adult. I'll probably pick her up.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405

I'm surprised nobody guessed this would be an attempt at a seasonal release, considering how close it is to Hallowe'en and the name frequently being used in horror/gothic stuff. :)

Thinking of obtaining her, beause of the steep discount for PC members on her, but I'm not sure how different her face is from V7...

Regardless, it's nice to see some more vampiric-themed items being released! The poses, Ghost Bride Dress and Mortuorum Sacris, especially. I've been wanting a dress like that for G2F, but this will do nicely. I'm hoping someone will be releasing a shawl-like dress for G2F or G3F, so that we can create ourselves a fanged Lucy Westenra from her famous scene!

Also, a Count Dracula and/or Count Orlock costume for G2M. I've been able to create the respective characters (although, it'd be nice to have a widow's peak style of hair for G2F and G2M), but there has yet to be something authentic for their period clothing. Luthbel's Vendetta is closest.

Can any new users of A7 do a comparison between her face and V7's own?

Yeah, it's nice to see a character released who's perfect for some Hallowe'en/Samhain renders. I like this one a lot; now I just need to see if I can work out the funding. Something I would like to see (maybe it already exists?) is a hobble dress, especially with a 'tentacle' hemline like Morticia Addams' dresses. I think Arabella could work nicely for some Addams-esque renders

edited August 2017

-

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,206
    edited October 2015

Seems like she's the femme fragile to Lilith's femme fatale. That's a nice thought, although I think she could have used - and I can't believe I'm saying this - a bit more of a doll-face for that. At least she's the first Gen7 girl whose skin, while still white, doesn't look completely identical to that the other Gen7's, so that's a plus.

Nice hair, (mostly) bad clothes, so and so characters, I guess it's an OK enough pro bundle.

I'm not overly thrilled but she certainly is the most daring release DAZ has done since Bethany 7 so they get my respect for this. And maybe my money, too, but about that I'm not yet sure.

Also, I think is funny how people seem to think of movies when they hear 'Lucy Westenra' and not one of the most famous horror novels ever, that set the definite ground work for the entire 'vampire genre'. :D C'mon just because it's a 3D board doesn't mean we have to be all visual! ^^

Post edited by Barubary on
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,879

Here she is.....

Lilith was actually my favorite G2F model and it would seem that Arabella just replaced her.

They are both goth characters and while one is a sexy seductive succubus demon and other a vampire, I do not think the theme is that distinc it would justify the release of Lilith 7 now that Arabella is here unfortunately.

What I like about her:

- the skin, finally an actual white girl with some ghostly paleness, not a fake tan one with non-uniform skin tone and huge contrasts.

- the body shape, though the hips are still a bit too wide for this character I think, it is a good one overall.

What I dont like:

- Most of the make-up options shown in the promos.

What Im not sure about:

- The face, I feel like it is not unique enough or at least it does not look that unique in her character renders. It looks much better in product renders such as the ghost bride dress or the selena hair though.

Will I be buying her? Nope. Sorry Daz but I decided I wont buy any other female no matter how much I like her until M7 comes out.

The situation is dire, 1 male for every 6 females now? Really? : /

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406

- except for Victoria, we don't have G2 char's names used in G3

Except for Victoria and Josie, you mean... 

- we have 2 shapes buddles that (try to) mimic those G2 chars

We had legacy shapes for G2F too, and besides those are PA products.

- the whole new line of G3 main char follows a completely different strategy/development/look. See Bethany for exemple : no G2 equivalent, Karen no real G2 equivalent etc...

- G2 main chars where clearly "type of char/market" based. Gia: round musclar, lilith goth model, giselle fae, mei lin asian,  etc... Except for Bethany, we don't have this picturized in G3

Karen is supposed to be the super heroine type, Eva a smaller athletic type, Arabella the goth vampire... Seems quite similar to me.

I don't remember which DAZ rep said that previous generation figures which were successful would get a Genesis 3 incarnation, but it was definitely stated.

DAZ_Steve also said when Bethany was released that there's a G3 version of Olympia planned, so there could be a Lilith too.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    Toyen said:

They are both goth characters and while one is a sexy seductive succubus demon and other a vampire, I do not think the theme is that distinc it would justify the release of Lilith 7 now that Arabella is here unfortunately.

Maybe not, but we already had variations on the same theme for G2F (Josie and Belle, Ninive and Giselle, Aiko and Keiko...) so it could happen.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,879

Thats true its not impossible though very unlikely I would say.

What they should have done is release Arabella and Lilith at the same time, so people could choose if they want the vampire or the succubus and there would be some cool discount if you get both of course : )

edited August 2017

-

• Another white, anorexic chic with ghastly makeup and ridiculously huge lips. No thanks. Only G3 I like so far is Bethany. And Eva has a good face.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited October 2015
    No doubt Bethany is the best of G3. I didn't even like her that much in the promo images. When I started working with her? Wow. She's amazing.

I haven't started playing with Arabella. As Barubary said, Arabella also has a Bethany feeling to me. Face aside, that body is different. I feel like her body shape (modest breast sizes on an adult female shape!) is going to be the next revelation for G3 after Bethany.

The ghostly pale skin? A huge plus.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2015

I liked Lilith, but I like Bethany's voluptuous shape so much better. I just love Bethany's shape. Arabella captures that goth stuff without intruding on Bethany's territory, and I think that's a better concept than Lilith in the post-Bethany Genesis 3 world. 

I disagree for a few reasons. For one, Arabella doesn't displace Lilith, they are largely unsimiliar figure wise. Secondly Beth and Lilith are very different as well, so they don't step on each others toes. Beth is more realistic, Lilith is an idealized(stylized) shape.

Arabella has a realistic (spine protruding) body, but a less than realistic face. It's a strange pairing. Saying the face isn't realistic doesn't make it bad, it's a different direction the artist took intentionally. It's not for me, but I do think it's a good direction(i only need a handful of real people, I like style more, just not her). She isn't photorealistic and I think a lot of people could safely use her in their demonic works. She and Karen are from the same world IMO, probably josie too. While Beth, Vickie and Eva wold work in the same world.

One day we will get Olympia, and hopefully a Lilith too. And hopefully some brave attempts at modern toon characters like Aiko and Hitomi/Keiko. I hope they really add more style to Aiko though...maybe just a new Hitomi (a cute gal with nice hips that isn't super skinny like Keiko).

riftwitch said:
    . I think Arabella could work nicely for some Addams-esque renders

she's too skinny..and lacks the good looks. You could fix that, but then might as well use a different character.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    tl155180 said:

I don't get it. How is she any different from the other G3 females we've seen so far? Looks pretty much identical to me. Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison with, say, Victoria 7 please?

Vyria looks quite nice though. Can always trust Silver to produce good looking females. Looks like no gens mats though, so not a complete character in my books - shame indecision.

All my girls at Daz (unless its a Teen or something where it doesnt fit ex. zombie, fantasy creature, etc) come with genitals. It should be listed.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited October 2015

For Vyria it is listed in the ReadMe. It is usually a good place to check, if you are looking for something specific.

Materials:Feminine:Vyria for Arabella 7:Genitalia”

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/23106/start

Post edited by Renpatsu on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Yeah, HorusRa, that dress, indeed! The head section is a little too... Extravagent, but something similar to the rest of that dress would be great. I've been wanting to replicate my own version of Lucy for a long while, inspired by that very film.

I'm now intrigued by some of these comments... Is A7 genuinely pale? I wasn't sure if she was or if that was just down to the atmospheric lighting. If she's definitely got paler skin than V7, that could be very useful for any vampire-themed art.

I'd still very much like to see a comparison between A7 and V7, facially. The bodies, I'm not concerned about - those can easily be altered. If A7 has certain facial characteristics which will help me dial in particular looks (especially Juliet Landau, which I'm needing to create a likeness for in a documentary project), then that will sell me. If she's a V7 facial clone, then there isn't much point.

• jakkujakku Posts: 91

I like her :)

The pro bundle is much better than earlier releases in this generation, in my opinion.

Great to have a variety of shapes, from Bethany to Arabella, something to blend with.

Not the character I was personally hoping for (Mei Lin 7!) but a great character she is.

I am sure a lot of people are impatiently awaiting the arrival of their personal favourites! :)

Thanks!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

I'm now intrigued by some of these comments... Is A7 genuinely pale?

Aiko isn't pale...wait there isn't an Aiko 7 yet...

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited October 2015

Greetings,

I'm on the fence as well; there's a few items I really want from the bundles, and at that point I might as well just get the Pro bundle, it being discounted and stuff.

I'm curious, though, is she really 5'4, or is that a copy-and-paste error from their last character release?  If she is, it makes me more likely to get her, since DAZ seems to release most of their female characters at the upper end of nearly 6' tall.

I had the exact same reaction!  I'm fairly sure Arabella can't be allowed to steal Aiko's 'A7' abbreviation... ;)

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,955

I kinda like her, but it's quite a dissapointment when I'd been warming up both myself and my credit card for M7.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited October 2015

deleted

Post edited by nicstt on
  • DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420

That was a Copy/Paste error. Earlier both the wrong and correct measurements were on the page.  In fixing that, the correct ones were removed and the wrong were left.  That should be corrected now though:

• Height: 5'8.5" (173.9 cm)
    • Bust Circumference: 31.1" (78.9 cm)
    • Waist Circumference: 22.1" (56.1 cm)
    • Low Hip Circumference: 34.6" (87.8 cm)
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

I'm on the fence as well; there's a few items I really want from the bundles, and at that point I might as well just get the Pro bundle, it being discounted and stuff.

I'm curious, though, is she really 5'4, or is that a copy-and-paste error from their last character release?  If she is, it makes me more likely to get her, since DAZ seems to release most of their female characters at the upper end of nearly 6' tall.

I had the exact same reaction!  I'm fairly sure Arabella can't be allowed to steal Aiko's 'A7' abbreviation... ;)

--  Morgan

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited October 2015

I am going with liking the new release. I think the big breasted girl is sort of overdone here at DAZ. So it is nice to have a slim adult figure, who is an adult. I'll probably pick her up.

Agree, I just object to paying the premium.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited October 2015
    Silver said:
    tl155180 said:

I don't get it. How is she any different from the other G3 females we've seen so far? Looks pretty much identical to me. Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison with, say, Victoria 7 please?

Vyria looks quite nice though. Can always trust Silver to produce good looking females. Looks like no gens mats though, so not a complete character in my books - shame indecision.

All my girls at Daz (unless its a Teen or something where it doesnt fit ex. zombie, fantasy creature, etc) come with genitals. It should be listed.

Ah, thanks for putting me straight Silver. Its not listed on the product page and the readme wasn't in the docs center yet when I checked, so had to make an assumption. That does put an new complexion on things then because, whilst I'm not that interested in Arabella 7, I am very interested indeed in Vyria. You (Silver) are excellent at creating pretty females.

It says shes based off the base G3F UV, so I assume that Arabella 7 isn't actually essential then? Do you have an image of what she looks like without the Arabella morphs dialled in please?

Edit: Zombies need love too! devil

Post edited by tl155180 on