Arabella 7

Comments

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    HorusRa said:

Decided to pick her up, but really only for one of the hairs, Vyria, and all the clothing. Heres just a very simple render with some of her lite makeup and christina hair. Stopped render @ 31.22% convergance. This just so you know what you will get by loading her up quickly and applying basic makeup, hair. Second render, around 30% convergance and one of the new hairs.

Your renders really show her off!  :-)  She's prettier than I thought.

edited October 2015
    argel1200 said:

Wow spit!! She looks great in that render!

Yes!  Nice renders, all the way around.

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    Vhardamis said:
    Spit said:

Wow! Such negativity. We all have different tastes and priorities.Me, I'd be fine with no human figures at all and just work with critters you'd find under rocks er whatever. But I got her. Just got her and the dress, hairs, and poses separately though.

Did you all read the blurb or miss this or don't care?

Key advancements with the Genesis 3-based Arabella 7 include:

Increased Detail (Read More)

Arabella 7 has increased detail in her fingers, toes, neck, mouth and chest, giving her more realistic human characteristics than previous generations.

Articulation (Read More)

One of the most significant improvements of Arabella 7 is how she allows for individual movement of her ears, toes, chest, neck and abdomen. In addition, reworked rigging offers enhanced posing ability, creating incredible flexibility.

Facial expressions (Read More)

Over 60 more points of articulation in the face provide the ability to create amazing facial expressions and express realistic emotion.

Technology Advancements (Read More)

New technological advancements, such as Dual Quaternion weight maps, triangle free mesh, reduced poly count and UDIM standard UV’s, make Arabella 7 even more compatible with other industry standard 3D applications for ease of cross platform use.

Happy Halloween from Arabella

Your quote here confuses me Spit as I don't see the relveance? Are you trying to say Arbella has features that other Gen 7's don't? Because she doesn't; she is just ANOTHER shape morph with a new UV. If you look at the product pages for every single other G7 character base pages they all this the very same details. That blurb is a copy paste off the the base Genesis 3 Tech.

The reason folks are getting irritated is that she simply isn't needed as a stand alone figure. She would have worked exaclty the same as a shape off of the base G3 or V7s UVs. Its another UV added to an already over saturated market of sameness that not only needs to be kept track of when using her characters, but will get support dropped on in a couple of months as the newest/biggest/shinest next character comes out.

I have only picked up V7. I won't touch any of the others with a 10 foot pole unless they go on super insane discount like 80% off or free during another sale with purchase. Give me something that LEGITIMATELY requires a new UV rework and we'll talk. Otherswise I'm going the way of a Consumer and voting with my wallet as it were. Thats what it wil take for DAZ, as a buisness, to take all the complaints seriously: losing the bottom line. Just voicing opinions here won't do it, nor should it.

L'Adair set me straight on what I quoted. I thought it sounded familiar and strange for a new figure, but well, what do I know?

Sure, to each his own. But I came to this thread after several comments and they were all negative. That's all, and that's what I noticed, and that's what I commented on.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    HorusRa said:

btw; nice Render Spit. Thats way cool. smiley yes

Thanks!

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    Spit said:
    Vhardamis said:
    Spit said:

Wow! Such negativity. We all have different tastes and priorities.Me, I'd be fine with no human figures at all and just work with critters you'd find under rocks er whatever. But I got her. Just got her and the dress, hairs, and poses separately though.

Did you all read the blurb or miss this or don't care?

Key advancements with the Genesis 3-based Arabella 7 include:

Increased Detail (Read More)

Arabella 7 has increased detail in her fingers, toes, neck, mouth and chest, giving her more realistic human characteristics than previous generations.

Articulation (Read More)

One of the most significant improvements of Arabella 7 is how she allows for individual movement of her ears, toes, chest, neck and abdomen. In addition, reworked rigging offers enhanced posing ability, creating incredible flexibility.

Facial expressions (Read More)

Over 60 more points of articulation in the face provide the ability to create amazing facial expressions and express realistic emotion.

Technology Advancements (Read More)

New technological advancements, such as Dual Quaternion weight maps, triangle free mesh, reduced poly count and UDIM standard UV’s, make Arabella 7 even more compatible with other industry standard 3D applications for ease of cross platform use.

Happy Halloween from Arabella

Your quote here confuses me Spit as I don't see the relveance? Are you trying to say Arbella has features that other Gen 7's don't? Because she doesn't; she is just ANOTHER shape morph with a new UV. If you look at the product pages for every single other G7 character base pages they all this the very same details. That blurb is a copy paste off the the base Genesis 3 Tech.

The reason folks are getting irritated is that she simply isn't needed as a stand alone figure. She would have worked exaclty the same as a shape off of the base G3 or V7s UVs. Its another UV added to an already over saturated market of sameness that not only needs to be kept track of when using her characters, but will get support dropped on in a couple of months as the newest/biggest/shinest next character comes out.

I have only picked up V7. I won't touch any of the others with a 10 foot pole unless they go on super insane discount like 80% off or free during another sale with purchase. Give me something that LEGITIMATELY requires a new UV rework and we'll talk. Otherswise I'm going the way of a Consumer and voting with my wallet as it were. Thats what it wil take for DAZ, as a buisness, to take all the complaints seriously: losing the bottom line. Just voicing opinions here won't do it, nor should it.

L'Adair set me straight on what I quoted. I thought it sounded familiar and strange for a new figure, but well, what do I know?

Sure, to each his own. But I came to this thread after several comments and they were all negative. That's all, and that's what I noticed, and that's what I commented on.

There are many different degrees and forms of negative. Almost no one is saying that the figure looks bad or anything like that, simply that they don't see the point of yet another very similar base shape with a new set of UVs for no readily apparent reason when to all appearances it could easily have been another shape adjustment type character (I don't know what the exact term for them is >.>) 

That's a much more objective response than "different people having different tastes."

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405

I liked Lilith, but I like Bethany's voluptuous shape so much better. I just love Bethany's shape. Arabella captures that goth stuff without intruding on Bethany's territory, and I think that's a better concept than Lilith in the post-Bethany Genesis 3 world. 

I disagree for a few reasons. For one, Arabella doesn't displace Lilith, they are largely unsimiliar figure wise. Secondly Beth and Lilith are very different as well, so they don't step on each others toes. Beth is more realistic, Lilith is an idealized(stylized) shape.

Arabella has a realistic (spine protruding) body, but a less than realistic face. It's a strange pairing. Saying the face isn't realistic doesn't make it bad, it's a different direction the artist took intentionally. It's not for me, but I do think it's a good direction(i only need a handful of real people, I like style more, just not her). She isn't photorealistic and I think a lot of people could safely use her in their demonic works. She and Karen are from the same world IMO, probably josie too. While Beth, Vickie and Eva wold work in the same world.

One day we will get Olympia, and hopefully a Lilith too. And hopefully some brave attempts at modern toon characters like Aiko and Hitomi/Keiko. I hope they really add more style to Aiko though...maybe just a new Hitomi (a cute gal with nice hips that isn't super skinny like Keiko).

riftwitch said:
    . I think Arabella could work nicely for some Addams-esque renderspect I will

she's too skinny..and lacks the good looks. You could fix that, but then might as well use a different character.o

She doesn't look anynthing like Carolyn Jones, but her figure reminds me of the way Charles Addams drew Morticia in his cartoons. I did find a Genesis version of the dress used in the promos for Mortella, and it autofits pretty good to G2F and G3F, so I have something to play with. I can't really afford to buy anything atm, so I will have to use a different character. But I expect I will pick up Arabella eventually; there's always a sale of some sort going on here, so I think I can survive without buying things as soon as they are released.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

People keep saying "oh figure x looks exactly the same" and "oh she could just be dial spun".

But I've still yet to see any proof of this. Here are some untextured renders of Arabella. If someone can Dialspin something that looks convincingly similar I will eat my proverbial hat.

skinnLilith2.png
    1200 x 1800 - 1M
    skinnyLilith1.png
    1200 x 1800 - 969K
  • j cade said:

People keep saying "oh figure x looks exactly the same" and "oh she could just be dial spun".

But I've still yet to see any proof of this. Here are some untextured renders of Arabella. If someone can Dialspin something that looks convincingly similar I will eat my proverbial hat.

It's the same dead horse that comes up every time with new base characters. "You can just spin V7's dials", and "UV proliferation!" Objectivity is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Yes, I admit my arguments about Arabella's face and figure are nothing but superficial & based on appearances. That's what we do with this hobby. There's no implied depth to my argument here.

I think we're all a little anxious for Michael 7. That's probably a big part of it, IMO.

The lack of Michael doesn't diminish my appreciation for Arabella. I think she's a wonderful counter-point to Bethany, who is the best that G3F has to offer (to this point). The small breasts, the rather thin shape... Arabella is a wonderful addition. I think she seems almost as needed as Bethany was, but I have yet to play with her as I'm on the road this week & away from my machine.

• j cade said:

And yet, when people ask for a new Hiro or David they are told "You can dial that with existing morphs, no need for a new figure!"

But we all know it won't be the same ;)

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015

The problem I am now seeing in this thread and others is that if someone has a negative opinion of a product whether it is true or not, you will get those who will jump down those peoples throats with the "how dare you" type of replies makes one wonder if people are allowed to voice their opinions sometimes..

I think early on just after release of Arabella that one of the reasons for the negative opinions is that the promo renders in some respects made her look the somewhat the same as Vicky 7, Karen 7, Eva 7 and so on and really didn't do her justice..

The one interesting thing I do find though is from those two untextured renders of Arabella is she looks close to but not quite, to the character Connie for V6 http://www.daz3d.com/connie-for-v6 and when you look at those promo renders the character looks like she is anorexic..

Will I get Arabella not sure yet as not gotten any G3 characters as don't have the need for any of them and well I am not flushed with cash at the moment..

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609

Heh. It is funny that you mention she looked like Connie, because I did think she looked like a Forbidden Whispers character.

One thing I'm having some trouble with is with the 3delight Mats. They don't look similar to the IRAY mats especially the makeup. I'm familiar with 3delight, and can use it for rendering, but it just doesn't render those lips with the high gloss that I see in the makeup selection menu. Any tips anyone has for that would be helpful? They look nice, but not drak and glossy... Sort of more matte. 

The tip of Arabella's nose, kind of bugs me. It is a small thing, but it has a cleft, and I notice it everytime I look at the figure! HEH

• I think one of the reasons they all look the same is that they all have pretty much the same makeup.. and the same ridiculously shiny lipgloss.

Just WHY must almost every sinlge promo of every single G3 product have blindingly shiny lips?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited October 2015

I think one of the reasons they all look the same is that they all have pretty much the same makeup.. and the same ridiculously shiny lipgloss.

Just WHY must almost every sinlge promo of every single G3 product have blindingly shiny lips?

What I want to know is why we aren't shown the makeup options in the promos. Are the eyemakeups separate from the lip makeup?

EDIT: It says "7 makeup options" which makes me believe everything is lumped together. I don't like that if it's true.

Post edited by Novica on
  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

I think one of the reasons they all look the same is that they all have pretty much the same makeup.. and the same ridiculously shiny lipgloss.

Because DAZ likey? That's my guess.

• Novica said:

What I want to know is why we aren't shown the makeup options in the promos. Are the eyemakeups separate from the lip makeup?

EDIT: It says "7 makeup options" which make me believe everything is lumped together.

Not to mention they don't show the no-makeup skin. I just looked through the promos of all the base figures, and not a SINGLE one of them showed the base figure without makeup! This might actually be a deal-breaker for many..

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609

My favorite skin fot he bunch is Vyria. She looks the best in 3delight, and renders 'true' to how she looks in promo art.

I agree that the makeup in base Arabella is kind of disappointing. Lip colors and eye shadow/makeups are all packaged together, so you can't pick and choose what you want.

What is odd to me about the red lips, is they aren't fashionable right now. 

• I think one of the reasons they all look the same is that they all have pretty much the same makeup.. and the same ridiculously shiny lipgloss.

It's not just a Daz thing, I see the same on Rendo and RDNA. I just don't get it *shrug*

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

It's not just a Daz thing, I see the same on Rendo and RDNA. I just don't get it *shrug*

If people buy it, others will keep making it. No gloss at all tends to not be accepted in some places.

I don't think you could "dial her in" from V7, but I do think you could make a custom morph using G3F or V7; there are plenty of shape characters that do that. 

About the similar skin tones thing, I only have V7 and Josie, but they appear to use roughly the same translucency settings for Iray mats as each other (almost b/w trans image, deep red colour adjustment) while some of their shape characters are done a bit differently. From experimentation I know that the red is what gives them that browny yellow tanned look people complain about. 

Do Arabella and the others have substantially different Iray setups for the skin? I'm suspecting the older ones at least are probably set up similarly to V7 and J7, and that's where those comments are coming from.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

My favorite skin fot he bunch is Vyria. She looks the best in 3delight, and renders 'true' to how she looks in promo art.

I agree that the makeup in base Arabella is kind of disappointing. Lip colors and eye shadow/makeups are all packaged together, so you can't pick and choose what you want.

What is odd to me about the red lips, is they aren't fashionable right now. 

If you pick the textures using the surface tab rather than just clicking on the duf presets that come with the figures, it is pretty easy to mix and match eye shadow and lip colors. Once you find the combination you like, just save it as a new preset.

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    j cade said:

I said nothing about dial spinning, I'm just as guilty of using pre fabbed characters, that was never the issue though. . I'm not in any way, shape, or form against them offering new characters. I honestly don't think anyone else is either.

What I said was the DAZ & The PAs (who are already established/skilled at character making) could have just as easily made her on the BASE G3 figure and UV. There is no technology based justifiable reason that every singe new featured G6 and now G7 character HAS to have a new UV. Adding new UVs gives NO VALUE to the customer base. They don't allow you to do things that can't be done with the base version other than load a couple of character skins and Silver herself said previously in this thread that her new character CAN be used on the base. Other PAs also continue to make their sets usable on the base UVs or just Vicky because even they know that particular cow will only be around a few months to milk. Heck all of the featured clothing  released at the same time even if it says  -for character X- still only lists G2 or G3 as a requirement to use. It just adds headaches of more unecessary clutter to keep track of when you are working in D|S.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,663
    edited August 2017

Excellent. Ya she's so cool. She's one of the reasons i did decide to go with a bundle after all, that and the clothes and one of the hairs (once everyting was in the cart, it just seemed a decent deal to get the bundle instead coupled with use of a pc+ coupon, other wise I was set on buying Piecemeal).

Yeah, I didn't notice that till I read your post, as my renders were very basic just to show her in a simple form, out of the box almost, but you are right, I just checked that out. That's too bad, kind of limiting and I'm not sure why she was made that way.

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,663
    Jan19 said:
    argel1200 said:

Love your renders, too, HorusRa.

Thanks Jan but the Arabella are not in my mind good renders, they were meant to show her out of the box really, with some hair thrown on her really quick. I spent just a little more time on Vyria, but even those were not really meant to be artistic, but a bit more than "out of the box."

HorusRa said:
    Jan19 said:
    argel1200 said:

Love your renders, too, HorusRa.

Thanks Jan but the Arabella are not in my mind good renders, they were meant to show her out of the box really, with some hair thrown on her really quick. I spent just a little more time on Vyria, but even those were not really meant to be artistic, but a bit more than "out of the box."

Well, she's very pretty, right out of the box then.  :-) 

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited October 2015

Arabella 7 and Victoria 7

Victoria 7 lowered to line up with the top of Arabella's head.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235
    edited October 2015

Sneak peek at a vampire I'm doing for Arabella.

arabella-vampire-test-render.jpg
    600 x 780 - 63K
    Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Oh wow, looking awesome!!

Now if base Arabella had options to morph like that, she'd make sense as a base model. Looking amazing.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

I put the recent vampire forehead morph on A7 and she looks excellent with it, but that vampire character preview makes me doubly glad I did get her!

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235

Thank you for the kind words, KA1, lx and Xenomorphine.  I'm working hard on finishing all the maps and getting them to look right.