Arabella 7

Comments

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,663

Jan,

I was just making a joke about Arabella. Ya I like her ok, I have no regrets about the purchase, I wasn't to hip on it at first before I purchased, but after getting her and seeing the contents and experimenting, I'd have to say she's cool, I'll get good use out of the entire bundle. Thanks again, but you have those fangs too, errr, unless you didn't get the pro or starter bundle.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,663

Thinking about the Selina bundle now. I'm going to be good and broke. Too much coming out at the same time. frown

• LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

Here's my render with Arabella. Nothing fancy, I'm still learning but having fun. :)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Could anyone post a portrait of Arabella with some brighter lights and hair that doesn't cover most of her face, I would like to see a closeup of her with makeup before I commit one way or the other...thanks

Kharma said:

Could anyone post a portrait of Arabella with some brighter lights and hair that doesn't cover most of her face, I would like to see a closeup of her with makeup before I commit one way or the other...thanks

Here you go, click to enlarge:

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800

why wouldn't we get a Lilith 7?

My guess: we won't. sad and angry

Why? Add up this:

- except for Victoria, we don't have G2 char's names used in G3

- we have 2 shapes buddles that (try to) mimic those G2 chars

- the whole new line of G3 main char follows a completely different strategy/development/look. See Bethany for exemple : no G2 equivalent, Karen no real G2 equivalent etc...

- G2 main chars where clearly "type of char/market" based. Gia: round musclar, lilith goth model, giselle fae, mei lin asian,  etc... Except for Bethany, we don't have this picturized in G3

- etc...

I liked the fact that in G2 I could start to be inspired with a "type of girl". If for example, I wanted a asian beauty a bit fantasy elven, I knew where to look for to get some more inspiration and in the process the tools iI needed.

In G3, the process is completely different. 

Interesting points... However, DAZ_Steve said that Gen 6 showed the team that characters like Olympia and Lilith were widely accepted and are among the characters receiving Gen 7 versions.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Lotharen said:
    Kharma said:

Thank you very much :)

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited October 2015

Thanks again, but you have those fangs too, errr, unless you didn't get the pro or starter bundle.

Indeed, I do.  :-)   Great fangs!

Arabella_PAVampire.jpg
    797 x 661 - 137K
    Post edited by Jan19 on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    Interesting points... However, DAZ_Steve said that Gen 6 showed the team that characters like Olympia and Lilith were widely accepted and are among the characters receiving Gen 7 versions.

Updated versions of Olympia and Lilith might potentially be Bethany and Arabella, respectively. It isn't necessarily a guarantee they would be sold with exactly the same names.

If anyone is in need of some of the official figures for Genesis 3, there are already morphs (albeit, not in HD) which bring them over.

Updated versions of Olympia and Lilith might potentially be Bethany and Arabella, respectively. It isn't necessarily a guarantee they would be sold with exactly the same names.

If anyone is in need of some of the official figures for Genesis 3, there are already morphs (albeit, not in HD) which bring them over.

Continuing the theme, but with a different look.  :-)  Good, according to how you look at it.  Keeps us from buying the exact same figures over and over, plus we can still use our originals. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874
    edited October 2015

DAZ_Steve was, surprisingly enough, very clear that Bethany was NOT the next version of Olympia; that she's her own figure, and the next version of Olympia will actually be called Olympia and is in development as such. I don't think he said anything like that about Lilith, and definitely didn't say anything like that about any of the guys.

Lilith was a lot more curvy than Arabella; I don't think they would try to position her as that replacement, even though she has some of the same sort of supernatural appeal.

In any event, at the pace of at least one figure per month over (one can but guess) the next two years, we have plenty of time to get to Lilith. If named figures that keep their names follow anything like their previous release schedules (which they kind of are, in a really vague way), then we won't see Lilith herself until next summer. Michael will (one hopes) be out vaguely soon (... vaguely). 

why wouldn't we get a Lilith 7?

My guess: we won't. sad and angry

Why? Add up this:

- except for Victoria, we don't have G2 char's names used in G3

Teen Josie 7 would like to firmly disagree with that point, I think.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited October 2015

DAZ_Steve was, surprisingly enough, very clear that Bethany was NOT the next version of Olympia; that she's her own figure, and the next version of Olympia will actually be called Olympia and is in development as such. I don't think he said anything like that about Lilith, and definitely didn't say anything like that about any of the guys.

Oops...well, so much for speculation.

On a different note:  someone made a post about the need for Arabella being a separate figure, with separate UVs, which I can't seem to find now.  But anyway, I was thinking about that last night.  I'm sure some would disagree, but after seeing the distinct difference between Arabella and other G3 figures, I think she does need her own UVs.  If someone gets inspired to make a character that really plays up Arabella's distinct look -- both body and face -- instead of toning it down, I'd think using the G3 UVs might not work as well as a real Arabella UV set.  But that's just my thoughts.  And I'm looking forward to such a character. :-)

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • Another white, anorexic chic with ghastly makeup and ridiculously huge lips. No thanks. Only G3 I like so far is Bethany. And Eva has a good face.

The lips are pretty huge, which I hadn't really noticed before I bought her. I think I just assumed they looked so huge because of the makeup. So I thinned her lips a bit and used Josie's materials, and I rather like the result. Either way though, I'm really happy I bought her.

Arabella

Arabella v Josie

Wow Rebecca, you got some amazing results there. Nicely done!

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited October 2015

Face is 50% Arabella and 50% Dahlia

balcony.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 169K
    Post edited by willowfan on
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,879

I must admit, the thinning of the lips was a good decision rebecca. She does look like she just had a botox injection in the first picture : D Good job : )

• Taking a look at Arabelle again,  I'd say someone in DAZ Land is a big fan of Lady Gaga :) .

Taking a look at Arabelle again,  I'd say someone in DAZ Land is a big fan of Lady Gaga :) .

And I'm seeing something totally different. smiley​  Not that I know much about Lady Gaga.  Anyway, I keep wanting to say, "Does anyone else see this?" but keep deciding not to.  It's nobody famous, nobody's trademark, nothing copyrighted, so it's totally ok.  But since it's what I've been wishing for, for forever seems like, maybe I'm seeing what I want to see. ;-)

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited October 2015

You should check out her music videos! Her promos are like her Bad Romance song. She has a unique face most of the time very much a caracature, but she does clean up to be a classic Italian beauty. Check out her Applasue video. You can see her with the no makeup imakeup look in that one. Gaga does have a drool worthy body, she is small, thin but hourglass shape, hence Arabelle's "wide" hips. she is certainly an inspiration for Arabelle. So who do you see in her? :)

Post edited by BurstAngel on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405

You should check out her music videos! Her promos are like her Bad Romance song. She has a unique face most of the time very much a caracature, but she does clean up to be a classic Italian beauty. Check out her Applasue video. You can see her with the no makeup imakeup look in that one. Gaga does have a drool worthy body, she is small, thin but hourglass shape, hence Arabelle's "wide" hips. she is certainly an inspiration for Arabelle. So who do you see in her? :)

I can somewhat see a Lady Gaga resmeblence. Yeah, she (Lady Gaga) does have a nice figure; I can't make up my mind if I like her face or not. Sometimes it looks attractive to me, sometimes it doesn't. I don't get how a lot of people think Arabella is skinny or anorexic; I'd have to say she's slim, but curvy (the two terms are not mutually exclusive). Ninive, on the other hand, is definitely skinny.

Mind you, I can only form an opinion about Arabella from the promos and other renders I've seen so far, as I haven't bought her yet. I'm planning to, I just haven't worked out my budget yet for the next week. Hopefully I can pick her up soon.

edited October 2015

I'll do that, BurstAngel, next time I'm on YouTube.  :-)  Thanks for the tips!   As for who I see -- the legendary tragic heroines of medieval times.  I love paintings that feature those ladies! 

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

She kind of reminds me of Olivia Wilde on some angles.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    vwrangler said:

Lilith was a lot more curvy than Arabella; I don't think they would try to position her as that replacement, even though she has some of the same sort of supernatural appeal.

In any event, at the pace of at least one figure per month over (one can but guess) the next two years, we have plenty of time to get to Lilith. If named figures that keep their names follow anything like their previous release schedules (which they kind of are, in a really vague way), then we won't see Lilith herself until next summer. Michael will (one hopes) be out vaguely soon (... vaguely). 

Well, I do distinctly remember him saying something about Lilith in the context of Olympia getting a Gen 7 update. He did say for a fact that the more successful characters will be seen this Generation, and Daz did rave that Lilith was a huge success.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,206

She also pops up in those favorite Gen6 characters lists rather reliably.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited October 2015
    riftwitch said:

I can somewhat see a Lady Gaga resmeblence. Yeah, she (Lady Gaga) does have a nice figure; I can't make up my mind if I like her face or not. Sometimes it looks attractive to me, sometimes it doesn't. I don't get how a lot of people think Arabella is skinny or anorexic; I'd have to say she's slim, but curvy (the two terms are not mutually exclusive). Ninive, on the other hand, is definitely skinny.

Mind you, I can only form an opinion about Arabella from the promos and other renders I've seen so far, as I haven't bought her yet. I'm planning to, I just haven't worked out my budget yet for the next week. Hopefully I can pick her up soon.

She looks slim to me, not skinny; I think the preponderance of obese people in real life is skewing what we think of as normal. And throughout history appearances of normal has changed; Arabella looks about right to be healthy, remembering that the character looks somewhere around late teens to mid twenties - hard to be sure really. As we age, there is a tendency to put on a little weight; and with women, child birth often (but not always) can have an affect.

It was especially nice to see a character with more natural looking breasts. It saves me adjusting them.

I wasn't actually going to get the character but consider it to be possible one of the most realistic Daz have released; if not the most realistic.

The funny thing is, some wont agree, which just shows that everything is viewed by us all slightly differently.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Are there transparency maps for the ghost dress to make it look not ripped?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    dkgoose said:

From looking at the promo renders, it appears that there are. Some of the images don't show any rips. I'll be picki g it (and Arabella) up tomorrow, so I can't be sure until then.

vwrangler said:

Well, I do distinctly remember him saying something about Lilith in the context of Olympia getting a Gen 7 update. He did say for a fact that the more successful characters will be seen this Generation, and Daz did rave that Lilith was a huge success.

I bet she was/is.  :-)  I have Lilith.  And I see a bit of Lilith in Arabella, a bit of Ophelia, and a figure that would morph into a lovely Persephone. smiley​ 

She looks slim to me, not skinny; I think the preponderance of obese people in real life is skewing what we think of as normal. And throughout history appearances of normal has changed; Arabella looks about right to be healthy, remembering that the character looks somewhere around late teens to mid twenties - hard to be sure really. As we age, there is a tendency to put on a little weight; and with women, child birth often (but not always) can have an affect.

It was especially nice to see a character with more natural looking breasts. It saves me adjusting them.

I wasn't actually going to get the character but consider it to be possible one of the most realistic Daz have realised; if not the most realistic.

The funny thing is, some wont agree, which just shows that everything is viewed by us all slightly differently.

That's why I wondered if I was seeing what I wanted to see.  :-)  I've wanted someone to release a fine, tragic heroine figure for a long time.  And at first glance, I didn't see Arabella's finer points.  But the more I looked at her, the more intrigued I became.  When I finally got her, and did a few renders, I said, "Yes, good decision." smiley​  DAZ has some talented and imaginative figure artists on board.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    riftwitch said:
    dkgoose said:

From looking at the promo renders, it appears that there are. Some of the images don't show any rips. I'll be picki g it (and Arabella) up tomorrow, so I can't be sure until then.

riftwitch said:
    dkgoose said:

I can try to look too :), I purchased them just haven't had time to install them let alone look at anything

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    Jan19 said:
    vwrangler said:

I bet she was/is.  :-)  I have Lilith.  And I see a bit of Lilith in Arabella, a bit of Ophelia, and a figure that would morph into a lovely Persephone. smiley​ 

I wasn't actually going to get the character but consider it to be possible one of the most realistic Daz have realised; if not the most realistic.

That's why I wondered if I was seeing what I wanted to see.  :-)  I've wanted someone to release a fine, tragic heroine figure for a long time.  And at first glance, I didn't see Arabella's finer points.  But the more I looked at her, the more intrigued I became.  When I finally got her, and did a few renders, I said, "Yes, good decision." smiley​  DAZ has some talented and imaginative figure artists on board.

There is always that risk I think. The face is parly attractive, but also partly qwerky... another plus imo. We do, I suspect see what we want to see, in part becuase we notice those features (in the case of a person - or character model in this case), but sometimes we can also notice what we don't like immediately, or as time goes on and what we liked begins to disappear as everything we don't like becomes more and more noticeable.

That is one of the reasons I usually wait to buy something, even if its just a few hours; kind of making sure I'm seeing what I think as opposed to what I want.