Arabella 7

Comments

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    edited October 2015

Here we are folks, a side by side facial comparison of Arabella 7 and Victoria 7 literally just loaded as is (although I added hair!) Can render for longer if anyone is interested but I think this gives a pretty good comparison.

A7V7Comparison.png
    800 x 494 - 695K
    Post edited by KA1 on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    edited October 2015

I agree with others that I don't see the point of yet another skinny white girl as a base character. I mean she's lovely, but as a base character? There are already several bases that might as well be characters for V7. Surely the point of the Daz base characters is that each fills a very different theme which can then be expanded upon with additional characters?

I'd like to see a proper toon/anime style base for G3F like Aiko/Keiko. Josie7 seems to be doubling for the fairy role right now, but there are so many other areas that aren't being covered at all.

p.s. Why are they all so damn tall? Is it just because it's simpler for using the same poses if they're all the same sort of height?

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    lx said:
    p.s. Why are they all so damn tall? Is it just because it's simpler for using the same poses if they're all the same sort of height?

Being the same height is not critical for sharing the same poses, but similar body proportions are. So if a character is smaller, then the torso, legs, arms etc would need scaling down by the same amount. This however is not realistic as the principal difference in height between tall and short people is in the legs. This is even more true if someone is short because they are young, kids have very different leg/torso ratios to adults.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited October 2015

Greetings,

DAZ_Kevin said:

That was a Copy/Paste error. Earlier both the wrong and correct measurements were on the page.  In fixing that, the correct ones were removed and the wrong were left.  That should be corrected now though:

• Height: 5'8.5" (173.9 cm)
    • Bust Circumference: 31.1" (78.9 cm)
    • Waist Circumference: 22.1" (56.1 cm)
    • Low Hip Circumference: 34.6" (87.8 cm)

Thanks for the update!  It's still wrong on the Pro and Standard bundle pages, though...

Be nice to see more in the 5'5" range, since that's about average for American females.  I always worry about scaling down afterwards, that it'll mess with the proportions in some subtle ways.

[LOL! Ninja'ed by Havos, who explains the 'subtle ways' in which scaling down isn't right...!]

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,879

Anyways guys, I would love to see your Arabella renders if you already got her, throw them at me : )

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited October 2015
    tl155180 said:
    Silver said:
    tl155180 said:

I don't get it. How is she any different from the other G3 females we've seen so far? Looks pretty much identical to me. Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison with, say, Victoria 7 please?

Vyria looks quite nice though. Can always trust Silver to produce good looking females. Looks like no gens mats though, so not a complete character in my books - shame indecision.

All my girls at Daz (unless its a Teen or something where it doesnt fit ex. zombie, fantasy creature, etc) come with genitals. It should be listed.

Ah, thanks for putting me straight Silver. Its not listed on the product page and the readme wasn't in the docs center yet when I checked, so had to make an assumption. That does put an new complexion on things then because, whilst I'm not that interested in Arabella 7, I am very interested indeed in Vyria. You (Silver) are excellent at creating pretty females.

It says shes based off the base G3F UV, so I assume that Arabella 7 isn't actually essential then? Do you have an image of what she looks like without the Arabella morphs dialled in please?

Edit: Zombies need love too! devil

Here is a quicky of Vyria without the Arabella dialed in, Vyria uses Arabella at 50%. I think the Arabella is what makes her face personally but its not bad without :) 

Vyria_NoArabella.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 575K
    Post edited by Jessaii on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Thanks Silver, Vyria is very nice! I'm not planning on getting Arabella but Vyria is tempting.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    KA1 said:

Here we are folks, a side by side facial comparison of Arabella 7 and Victoria 7 literally just loaded as is (although I added hair!) Can render for longer if anyone is interested but I think this gives a pretty good comparison.

Oh, nice! Thank you! I assume A7 (and yes, guys, as she's presently the only A7, I'm calling her A7 ;)) is the one on the left? If so, it looks like she could be a very useful dial-in for the more angular look.

Going by that, however, it doesn't look like her skin is particularly pale. Those complexions look very similar.

• almahiedraalmahiedra Posts: 1,349
    edited October 2015

I love this "flaca", life is cruel, I do not have capacity for exchange currency just now, so wanted this girl I can not get her. I see her very stylized, ideal for figurines de moda* just what I want for some time. I do not see her anorexic but stylized. Anorexic heads look different from my POV, just like lolly-pop, because reducing weight can't reduce bone width, very obvious in the head, so bone structure of a unhealthy girl is not the same than a possible bone structure of a cursed vampire girl with mysterious changes in body, even bones.

*Of curse, idealized figurines leads to designer to search for anorexic girls, but this is other story.

Post edited by almahiedra on
  • argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757
    edited October 2015

I'm assuming the textures for the outfits are not included in the Pro bundle even though they are listed on the Arabella luanch page (http://www.daz3d.com/arabella-7-launch#new)? They are not listed on the actual Pro bundle page as I would exepct (http://www.daz3d.com/arabella-7-pro-bundle).

Post edited by argel1200 on
  • tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited October 2015
    Silver said:
    tl155180 said:
    Silver said:
    tl155180 said:

I don't get it. How is she any different from the other G3 females we've seen so far? Looks pretty much identical to me. Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison with, say, Victoria 7 please?

Vyria looks quite nice though. Can always trust Silver to produce good looking females. Looks like no gens mats though, so not a complete character in my books - shame indecision.

All my girls at Daz (unless its a Teen or something where it doesnt fit ex. zombie, fantasy creature, etc) come with genitals. It should be listed.

Ah, thanks for putting me straight Silver. Its not listed on the product page and the readme wasn't in the docs center yet when I checked, so had to make an assumption. That does put an new complexion on things then because, whilst I'm not that interested in Arabella 7, I am very interested indeed in Vyria. You (Silver) are excellent at creating pretty females.

It says shes based off the base G3F UV, so I assume that Arabella 7 isn't actually essential then? Do you have an image of what she looks like without the Arabella morphs dialled in please?

Edit: Zombies need love too! devil

Here is a quicky of Vyria without the Arabella dialed in, Vyria uses Arabella at 50%. I think the Arabella is what makes her face personally but its not bad without :) 

Thank you Silver. Yes its still very pretty without Arabella, which is saying a lot considering the base G3F is pretty ugly - I could certainly shape it into the right look for me with the right morphs anyway. I bet if I dialled V7 into her instead it would end up looking very similar to the Arabella version (which is also very nice, but I can't justify a need for Arabella right now). The skin looks very good anyway, so useable in all kinds of scenarios. The different arm and leg textures are really cool too.

* Must pick up Dahlia as well at some point. She is hot, hot hot!!

I really hope you create a lot of characters for G3F in your usual style, Silver. I just love your style - the big pouty lips and soft doe eyes. You and Thorne are the best! I keep wanting to buy so many of your creations, like Daisy, Anabelle, Echo, Mina, Frankie Von Stein etc but because they're for older generations I force myself not to (because I want to focus on G3 now if possible... for the better bends). I was gonna get Bryonia and Ginger too, but then G3F came along and now I dunno... I want them all, but I want them as G3 crying. Life is so hard cheeky.

Post edited by tl155180 on
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

here's a very quick load and render. Personally she feels like the love child of Lilith and Ninive.

arabel.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,879

Nice render!

Definitely does the character more justice than her promos! Her face looks pretty unique here : )

I too can feel a bit of Ninive touch in her : )

• edited October 2015

I bought the bundle for the various items contained in it, more so than for the particular figure.

Post edited by reine_law_0cc9bf9349 on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited October 2015

Wow! Such negativity. We all have different tastes and priorities.Me, I'd be fine with no human figures at all and just work with critters you'd find under rocks er whatever. But I got her. Just got her and the dress, hairs, and poses separately though.

Did you all read the blurb or miss this or don't care?

Key advancements with the Genesis 3-based Arabella 7 include:

Increased Detail (Read More)

Arabella 7 has increased detail in her fingers, toes, neck, mouth and chest, giving her more realistic human characteristics than previous generations.

Articulation (Read More)

One of the most significant improvements of Arabella 7 is how she allows for individual movement of her ears, toes, chest, neck and abdomen. In addition, reworked rigging offers enhanced posing ability, creating incredible flexibility.

Facial expressions (Read More)

Over 60 more points of articulation in the face provide the ability to create amazing facial expressions and express realistic emotion.

Technology Advancements (Read More)

New technological advancements, such as Dual Quaternion weight maps, triangle free mesh, reduced poly count and UDIM standard UV’s, make Arabella 7 even more compatible with other industry standard 3D applications for ease of cross platform use.

Happy Halloween from Arabella

arabellamerlin-d.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 120K
    Post edited by Spit on

Agreed about the renders in this thread. Looks like she is worth getting.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,663
    edited August 2017

-

Post edited by HorusRa on

Spit, was that a basic A7 render or with one of the other characters made for her? She has a very nice elongated face in that.

HorusRa said:

Decided to pick her up, but really only for one of the hairs and all the clothing. Heres just a very simple render with some of her lite makeup and christina hair. Stopped render @ 31.22% convergance.

She looks good darned good for 31%. I mean really!

If Christina Hair was also what was used in Spit's render, I'm getting it the moment it next goes on discount!

Wow spit!! She looks great in that render!

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited October 2015

Arabella looks nice, but the promos are aweful, too much drama not enough showing the goods. Is there a clean render of her face without the dramatic shadows and expressions? The promo with the green eye shadows make her look like she is 40 years old.

Post edited by BurstAngel on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Spit said:

Arabella 7 has increased detail in her fingers, toes, neck, mouth and chest, giving her more realistic human characteristics than previous generations.

Articulation (Read More)

One of the most significant improvements of Arabella 7 is how she allows for individual movement of her ears, toes, chest, neck and abdomen. In addition, reworked rigging offers enhanced posing ability, creating incredible flexibility.

Over 60 more points of articulation in the face provide the ability to create amazing facial expressions and express realistic emotion.

New technological advancements, such as Dual Quaternion weight maps, triangle free mesh, reduced poly count and UDIM standard UV’s, make Arabella 7 even more compatible with other industry standard 3D applications for ease of cross platform use.

I haven't made up my mind about Arabella. The renders in this thread are tempting me sorely. But...

The "Key advancements with the Genesis 3-based ..." is the same for all the base-7 females, (and will probably be the same for the base-7 males when they appear. Soon. DAZ soon. sad) That doesn't take away from the figure in any way, but as all base-7 figures have the same technological advances, it isn't an argument in favor of one figure over another.

Personally, I'm disapponted to see the measurements were wrong and she isn't 5' 4-1/2" tall. I think it's annoying that all the adult females of any Genesis generation, except for Stephanie and Mei Lin, are super-model tall. I'm only 5' 4", (okay, a little shorter in my old age,) and for the most part, those women I've had to look up in order to look them in the eye were not that much taller than me. The 5' 8" to 6' tall women were few and far between. And I know a lot of women an inch or two shorter than me. All these tall women are like a different race! lol...

I have Measure Metrics and do use Figure Metrics, but it would still be nice to have figures that are shorter and correctly proportioned "out of the box."

Just my 2¢ ... angel

edited October 2015

Thanks Silver! smiley And DemonicaEvilius. I think of the 3 characters in the Pro bundle Vyria is my favorite right now. Everything here is from the bundle. First is at 100% convergance, basic render settings. Second is 90 sum-odd percent convergance.

VyriaForArabella7a.png
    1358 x 1041 - 847K
    VyriaForArabella7b.png
    1358 x 1041 - 982K
    Post edited by HorusRa on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

I don't quite get the issue over height. It's a virtual world and everything is pretty scaled to V4/6/7. The males are generally taller as well.

All of the dimensions are somewhat arbirtary in the absolute and really only make sense in relation to each other.

Spit, was that a basic A7 render or with one of the other characters made for her? She has a very nice elongated face in that.

Sorry, yes I put another face on her. It was like April's latest but it wasn't and I don't remember. Oh, and the renderer was 3Delight.

edited October 2015

If Christina Hair was also what was used in Spit's render, I'm getting it the moment it next goes on discount!

Nope. It was Friday Hair by PropsChick. I didn't get Christina.

Oh, and the face I used was Lady Rune.

Sigh. I'm sorry. In a thread such as this I should have mentioned everything off the bat.

Post edited by Spit on

For

argel1200 said:

Wow spit!! She looks great in that render!

Oh man, thank you!

BTW, for anyone with as poor a memory as mine can be I grabbed a little script by DimensionTheory (I hope..Lol) over at Rendo. It runs inside studio (it has its own tab) and you drag n drop a scene .duf (I use Explorer to drag from) on top and it tells you the figures, props, and material zones that are in the scene. That's how I learned I used Friday Hair.

btw; nice Render Spit. Thats way cool. smiley yes

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    Spit said:

Wow! Such negativity. We all have different tastes and priorities.Me, I'd be fine with no human figures at all and just work with critters you'd find under rocks er whatever. But I got her. Just got her and the dress, hairs, and poses separately though.

Articulation (Read More)

Happy Halloween from Arabella

Your quote here confuses me Spit as I don't see the relveance? Are you trying to say Arbella has features that other Gen 7's don't? Because she doesn't; she is just ANOTHER shape morph with a new UV. If you look at the product pages for every single other G7 character base pages they all this the very same details. That blurb is a copy paste off the the base Genesis 3 Tech.

The reason folks are getting irritated is that she simply isn't needed as a stand alone figure. She would have worked exaclty the same as a shape off of the base G3 or V7s UVs. Its another UV added to an already over saturated market of sameness that not only needs to be kept track of when using her characters, but will get support dropped on in a couple of months as the newest/biggest/shinest next character comes out.

I have only picked up V7. I won't touch any of the others with a 10 foot pole unless they go on super insane discount like 80% off or free during another sale with purchase. Give me something that LEGITIMATELY requires a new UV rework and we'll talk. Otherswise I'm going the way of a Consumer and voting with my wallet as it were. Thats what it wil take for DAZ, as a buisness, to take all the complaints seriously: losing the bottom line. Just voicing opinions here won't do it, nor should it.