Arabella 7

Comments

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited October 2015
    Mr Bowen said:

Arabella 7 and Victoria 7

Victoria 7 lowered to line up with the top of Arabella's head.

Thanks Mr Bowen - thats a very useful comparison. Now I'm thinking Arabella looks even worse than I previously thought! Personally, to my eyes, the difference between them is so subtle that its just not worth it at all. I imagine that if one were so inclined they could achieve something very similar to Arabella 7 using just V7 and morphs. And all it would cost them is time (assuming they have the morph packs already).

Post edited by tl155180 on
  • HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,663

Sneak peek at a vampire I'm doing for Arabella.

Instant purchase. Very nice! 

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited October 2015

I see quite a few differences...but quite welcome for the comparison.

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

I have to say that A7 is definitely useful if, like me, you're wanting a slender/elongated/more angular face than V7 provides. Just need to wait for Dogz' '200 Morphs' set to go back on discount and then I think I might be able to get the look I need for G3F, by combining V7 and A7 together.

I don't usually worry about the body, but I do like the slightly emaciated-yet-graceful appearance A7 gives G3F's physique. It'll be very useful for fantasy figures in general, but especially vampire art, which I am presently doing a great deal of.

Also got IG's newer skin material presets for Iray, today, to give her a more desirably pale appearance. Add that to what the 'FWSA Livia HD And Vampire Bundle' gives and A7 is turning out to be far more useful for dedicated vampiric-themed art than Lilith had been for that.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2015

The renders done by some in the community do make her face look a lot better than the promos. My opinion of her face has changed.

Funny how thin she is but yet she still has some glute going surprise

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

Yeah, the new expressions set actually does a better job of demosntrating what the character is and isn't suitable for, facially, than the model's own images. Moody lighting is nice, but can also get in the way of figuring out whether or not to make a purchase!

Same goes for hair. Generally, we don't get hair included with a character. It's a lot more useful to have bald picture of a character with general lighting applied.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609

Totally awsome. That's a creature I will buy as long as she isn't too HD. Those things kill my computer.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,206
    edited October 2015

Whoa that looks amazing!

HorusRa said:
    Barubary said:

Also, I think is funny how people seem to think of movies when they hear 'Lucy Westenra' and not one of the most famous horror novels ever, that set the definite ground work for the entire 'vampire genre'. :D C'mon just because it's a 3D board doesn't mean we have to be all visual! ^^

Obviously I've been singled out here, no doubt about that. Nice comment. The movie was mentioned because we are talking about a visual representation here, a visual render in DS, not a novel. The novel is great, me and the wife own a copy, have for decades, fact is we were not talking about a mental representation.

I was actually referring to you AND Xenomorphine - I mean, you quoted him youself ;D I'm wondering which of the respectable number of movie adaptations you were referring to, though. In my mind, unfortunately, the first thing that pops is the Mel Brooks version blush

Post edited by Barubary on
    edited October 2015

Okay, here are some quick Arabella renders in 3delight. Same light setup for each character. These are not the character morphs. Same morph- Arabella, just the different skins included in the 3delight section of the Pro Pack and some of the makeup options.

I think Vyria clearly looks the best to me.  Her skin is nicely light and gothic. I like her makeup. The first Arabella is the 'makeup less' skin. I was disappointed default Arabella's makeup in 3delight looks shabby compared to Iray version. If I'm doing something wrong to get the high gloss look I'd like to know. Hopefully this skin preview will help 3delight users see the differences here. 

Arabella Defualt-no makeup.jpg
    700 x 700 - 344K
    Arabella-Random Makeup.jpg
    700 x 700 - 344K
    Arabella- Vyria-1.jpg
    700 x 700 - 340K
    Arabella Mina.jpg
    700 x 700 - 335K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited October 2015

One thing which I would've liked with Arabella is nail textures. Goth characters need better nails =-). Mina does have these. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Did a quick render with Vyria, only got to 38% converged though before I decided to stop it to start working on something else for now! Teeny bit of postwork because, you know... sunlight and all that jazz.

Escape.jpg
    1080 x 1440 - 1M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    Novica said:

I think one of the reasons they all look the same is that they all have pretty much the same makeup.. and the same ridiculously shiny lipgloss.

Just WHY must almost every sinlge promo of every single G3 product have blindingly shiny lips?

What I want to know is why we aren't shown the makeup options in the promos. Are the eyemakeups separate from the lip makeup?

EDIT: It says "7 makeup options" which make me believe everything is lumped together.

Not to mention they don't show the no-makeup skin. I just looked through the promos of all the base figures, and not a SINGLE one of them showed the base figure without makeup! This might actually be a deal-breaker for many..

It almost was for me.  Thank goodness one of the pose sets had the character with no makup. 

And the overly-dramatic lighting. You cannot *see* the characterwith that lighting. Is it too much to ask for one promo of the character in simple lighting with no damned makeup?

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,879

Great comparison renders Mr Bowen!

Now I have no doubt about the uniqueness of Arabellas face! She looks amazing!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    JOdel said:

Is it too much to ask for one promo of the character in simple lighting with no damned makeup?

But I thought she was damned? Makeup included.

One thing which I would've liked with Arabella is nail textures. Goth characters need better nails =-). Mina does have these. 

One reason I got these:

http://www.daz3d.com/hands-for-genesis-3-female-s

They go with any G3F character, but have a nice 'sharp nail' option, too - as well as poses (the latter being why I got it, but the other aspects are very welcome bonuses). Not sure if it also includes 3Delight materials, but I'm guessing it does.

Failing that, just use shaders! :D

Simple scene with Vyria (from the pro bundle) for Arabella 7.

Vyria.png
    1358 x 1041 - 2M
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

Yeah, the promo renders should have included the no make-up look, too. I haven't been too fond of a lot of the garrish make-up lately. Some of them are ok but some are just too much.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited October 2015

I'm really liking her pale gothyness

arabella.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 128K
    Post edited by willowfan on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    KA1 said:

Did a quick render with Vyria, only got to 38% converged though before I decided to stop it to start working on something else for now! Teeny bit of postwork because, you know... sunlight and all that jazz.

Oooh, I like!!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    HorusRa said:

Terrific posing of the dresss! Love it.

Spit said:
    HorusRa said:

Terrific posing of the dresss! Love it.

Thanks. smiley

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Really wasn't sure about her, but I'm so glad I did, she's a unique character. Surprisingly without the heavy makeup she also has a lovely Asian look about her....just a 60 render test render below.

arabella1.jpg
    367 x 422 - 34K
  • Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109

70 percent test render, at medium render settings.  I really like this girl!  Her face fascinates me. smiley

Arabella_FirstRender.jpg
    749 x 661 - 124K
  • I'm glad I stopped by this thread, or I would've never even given this character a second glance.  Her 'official' promo's do her no justice, or do anything to help her stand out from the other Gen7 females.  Here at last is a character that might make me open up my wallet for something from Generation 7! Being a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, I think I've at long last found someone who can be my very own digital Drusilla!!! 

I'm also diggin' those previews for the female version of The Master, from Season 1. 

Drusilla is precisely who I'm trying to create a likeness of in G3F. Already made a 85-90% satisfying realistic G2F version of her (from a cartoon stylised version I'm satisfied with). Think that she'll require Dogz' '200 Morphs' before I can get the G3F edition right.

edited October 2015

I'm glad I stopped by this thread, or I would've never even given this character a second glance.  Her 'official' promo's do her no justice, or do anything to help her stand out from the other Gen7 females.  Here at last is a character that might make me open up my wallet for something from Generation 7! Being a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, I think I've at long last found someone who can be my very own digital Drusilla!!! 

I'm also diggin' those previews for the female version of The Master, from Season 1. 

For some reason, I had a feeling Arabella was for me.  I just debated over what I could get in the way of clothes, etc.  Thank goodness for discounts. smiley​  But yes, she's hidden by all that makeup in the promos, looks like.  She wears V7 textures very well, but still keeps her distinct look.  She's a wonderful new release.  I'm extremely happy with her. 

And I'm loving the renders of her in this thread, also!  Very glad people posted other views of her.

Post edited by Jan19 on
    edited October 2015

Had to get back on Arabella again instead of Vyria. I know a lot of folks have wanted to see her without makeup, but I had to do it. Arabella 7: Vampiria!   (just goofing around with her) Using Vyria's fangs from the bundle. I would have liked to see better mix and match ability with here makeup, the grouped makeup thing is kind of limiting. Certainly shouts 'theme' I suppose. There should be a eye brow mat too, brown with black hair looks odd to me. cheeky  87% convergance.

Arabella7Vamp.png
    1358 x 1041 - 1M
    Post edited by HorusRa on
    edited October 2015

Those are good fangs.  :-)   Very sharp looking.

I caught Arabella in a quiet moment.  She's wearing a V7 character makeup, and she's morphed a little.

I am loving her potential for portraits.

Arabella_Portrait.jpg
    757 x 661 - 95K
    Post edited by Jan19 on
    edited August 2017
    Jan19 said:

I caught Arabella in a quiet moment.  She's wearing a V7 character makeup, and she's morphed a little.

Nicely done. yes

Post edited by HorusRa on
    edited October 2015
    HorusRa said:
    Jan19 said:

I'm a bit leery of this Arabella gal. One moment she's a nice girl portrait model, the next a vampire bad girl. lol. smiley Nicely done. yes

Thanks!  :-)  Arabella's more than a little bewitching.  She's so not ordinary.  And you're right about her range, despite her unmistakable personality.  It's nice to see figures that don't look like they all came from the same mold.  That's a large part of the appeal of the G3 line, for me. smiley 

I still like the fangs on your Arabella.  :-)

Post edited by Jan19 on