RELEASED: Next Generation Strand Hair. dforce Feisty Feather Bun *Commercial*

Comments

• PhloxPhlox Posts: 95

(I hope it's not too big) - great hair - easy and light to use. heart

Magnolia-Morningsml.jpg
    750 x 1214 - 564K
  • chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,200

"Oh wow, just bought it, can't believe how small the hair file is - zip's not even 100 MB! Much appreciated yes!"

You are very welcome :)

(I hope it's not too big) - great hair - easy and light to use. heart"

That looks beautiful!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    edited May 2023

Lovely hair :)

Catherine.jpg
    1800 x 2340 - 470K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,900

Pushed it in unconventional ways...

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,418

AllenArt said:

Beautiful render! Would you mind telling me what those lovely jewels / crown are? 

Gorgeous Laurie!! 

That feisty fox is pretty adorable too ;)

edited May 2023

tsroemi said:

AllenArt said:

Beautiful render! Would you mind telling me what those lovely jewels / crown are? 

The crown and earrings are : GCD Fedora for Genesis 8 and 8.1 - G9 Female's at Renderosity and the necklace is: GCD Jewelry - Anastasia Collection for V4, also at Rendo. I traded out the gem and metal shaders for some of my own ;)

The rings are from Black Forge: Accessories for Genesis 9 by our very own chevybabe25 ;) 

Post edited by AllenArt on

chevybabe25 said:

Gorgeous Laurie!! 

That feisty fox is pretty adorable too ;)

Thanks heart She's a mixture of a bunch of G9 females with Freja's skin ;). 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,418

AllenArt said:

tsroemi said:

AllenArt said:

The crown and earrings are : GCD Fedora for Genesis 8 and 8.1 - G9 Female's at Renderosity and the necklace is: GCD Jewelry - Anastasia Collection for V4, also at Rendo. I traded out the gem and metal shaders for some of my own ;)

The rings are from Black Forge: Accessories for Genesis 9 by our very own chevybabe25 ;) 

Thank you! 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,923
    edited May 2023

Another trial...

FeistyFeatherBun08pic04g.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 291K
    Post edited by Artini on

Very nice Artini!!!!

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,122
    edited May 2023

I can see myself using this hair a lot. Thanks!

Final-Mani-As-G9.jpg
    1500 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

Very nice!

chevybabe25 said:

Very nice Artini!!!!

Thank you very much.

You are very welcome :)  Thank you for sharing all your pretty art Artini!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,783
    edited May 2023

Tried the hair again with Prudence the Younger and some other things I had.

Mary

EM3D Prudence YoungerFeisty Feather Bun GoF 4 Dress.png
    1000 x 1618 - 2M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
    edited May 2023

Just another one...

FeistyFeatherBun09pic10bnv.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 835K
    Post edited by Artini on

OOO very nice everyone!!! Im enjoying all these!heartheartheart

• jd641jd641 Posts: 430
    edited May 2023

lol, I think I somehow broke the hair. I dunno what's causing the hooks, I don't have any morphs active. hahah

Feisty-problem.jpg
    1000 x 704 - 131K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

That is weird!  maybe try clearing the simulation if there is one?  Sometimes those weird shoot offs can happen during a simulation. If thats what caused it, maybe try a slower simulation ( pose transition time of 2, or add more frames to your timeline?)

• jd641jd641 Posts: 430

chevybabe25 said:

That is weird!  maybe try clearing the simulation if there is one?  Sometimes those weird shoot offs can happen during a simulation. If thats what caused it, maybe try a slower simulation ( pose transition time of 2, or add more frames to your timeline?)

chevy, strange thing is I just tried it out with "Simulate from memorized pose" off and I didn't get the spikes but enabling it again produced the spikes. I didn't try it with any other settings, but if I run into the issue again I'll see if making the transition time longer will also fix it.

BTW is there a way to have the hair volume be less or have the main hair end up closer to the scalp after simulation to emulate a tighter hair style?

You did such an amazing job with this hair, I've got a bunch of stuff I need to work on but this is all I've been rendering since I saw it in the store. hahah

LOL Im glad you are enjoying the hair :)

Under the parameters tab of the hair( it's parented to the scalp, so you will have to expand it in the scene), there should be a morph for "hair neaten" i believe. Dialing that in, should really reduce the fluffiness.  There is also a "sides depoof" morph too i believe.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,605

Let's keep the momentum going! What's next chevybabe? I need more great dforce G9 hair! LOL

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,235
    edited May 2023

Also looking forward to the next one. This is the Feisty Bun on a morphed G9.

Feisty Bun G9.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by barbult on

Blonde with a few hair morphs dialed in. There is a "rogue" morph called Left Ear CleanA in a Morphs path. Does that belong there?

Feisty Bun G9 Blonde.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 4M
    Screenshot 2023-05-12 181522.png
    591 x 285 - 18K

"Let's keep the momentum going! What's next chevybabe? I need more great dforce G9 hair! LOL"

The hair Im currently working on is a messy-ish sexy bob, that at the moment is really giving me a hard time.  I have to like it as a static object, but I also have to like how it simulates. Simulation always proves to be the most difficult. It's getting there though. 

OOO very nice Barbult!!!

"Blonde with a few hair morphs dialed in. There is a "rogue" morph called Left Ear CleanA in a Morphs path. Does that belong there?"

Well thats an interesting surprise.  Is the Left Ear Clean also under the Shaping tab?

chevybabe25 said:

"Let's keep the momentum going! What's next chevybabe? I need more great dforce G9 hair! LOL"

The hair Im currently working on is a messy-ish sexy bob, that at the moment is really giving me a hard time.  I have to like it as a static object, but I also have to like how it simulates. Simulation always proves to be the most difficult. It's getting there though. 

OOO very nice Barbult!!!

"Blonde with a few hair morphs dialed in. There is a "rogue" morph called Left Ear CleanA in a Morphs path. Does that belong there?"

Well thats an interesting surprise.  Is the Left Ear Clean also under the Shaping tab?

Yes, but there is no corresponding Right Ear Clean.

Screenshot 2023-05-13 131637.png
    557 x 987 - 96K
    edited May 2023

Just a test of dForce simulation on the hair in non regular pose (from the recent Aeon Soul set).

Without the tips from @Gordig, it does not simulate well. By default hair stiffnes is too big.

FeistyFeatherBun11pic04.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 342K
    Post edited by Artini on

Would be interesting to know, how the real hair acts in such poses (upside down).

Anybody from the ladies with such hair please comment. Thanks.

"Yes, but there is no corresponding Right Ear Clean."

Left Ear Clean *should have been set to 100 and hidden. Sigh.

"Just a test of dForce simulation on the hair in non regular pose (from the recent Aeon Soul set).

Without the tips from @Gordig, it does not simulate well. By default hair stiffnes is too big."

Because of this very structured style, simulation settings are real touchy.  Honestly I didn't expect to have anyone try this hair upside down either LOL.

Normally, I would recommend playing with the Shape Constraint Stiffness Settings. But not this time.  The stiff setting keeps this hair all together.  

By default the tips of the hair are super stiff for obvious reasons.  Lowering this a small amount, (all surfaces except for the bun) will loosen up the style while still keeping it together and resembling an updo. So I would change the Local Shape Constraint Tip Stiffness from .99 to .85

The noise layer is problematic and will more than likely create simulation problems with something like this. I'd shut it right off by changing the line width to 0.

The PS Points are also set really low. Less points = Less Movement. So increasing these are also a good place to start. (all surfaces except for the bun and bangs) I would increase them from 15 to 23. Too high, the hair will melt. You may need to do experiments with this. 

The bangs should have the most movement, and don't pose any threat to the simulation, so I would change the bangs surface to :

Local Shape Constraint Stiffness to .2 ( good and loose)

Local Shape Constraint Bias to .65 (further down the hair shaft)

Local Shape Constraint Gain .5 (middle of the road blend)

Local Shape Constraint Tip Stiffness .5 (middle of the road blend)

PS Points 60 

I would also play with the loosen morphs on the hair, the bun and the bangs. I added these before running the simulation.

I ran a simple "Start from memorized pose off"

Some of the knowledge of settings are just from me playing/experimenting with the hair for a few minutes, some of it is because I know how I made it, and some of it is because I simulate a lot of hair.  Attached is a quick screen shot that shows my outcome.

upside down.png
    2531 x 1002 - 704K