Jaderail is looking down on the STUPID THREAD XI

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,915

...I upload images into my Scraps folder on DA. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,058

Can I go to bed?

why can't I have a day without people demeaning me or complaining about me?

Oh yeah my sleep mask is in the laundry I wanted to get started around 3 or 4 this afternoon!

If you have a cat, check the litter box.  Your cat might have put in a surpise for Caturday.

..if you live where I do you have to watch out for a "surprise" on the sidewalks.

edited September 2023

kyoto kid said:

..if you live where I do you have to watch out for a "surprise" on the sidewalks.

Some people who walk their dogs carelessly leave those "surprises" instead of picking that [excrement] up.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

...sometimes not from dogs.

Wait?  Huh?

geese?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Sfariah D said:

Wait?  Huh?

geese?

Nope... walk on two legs too though... it seems like it's become a thing these days in a lot of cities... it wasn't unheard of back in the day in NYC, but hell, it's gotten weirdly poopie in a lot of places... last year in SF, CA, it seemed like there was perhaps a prize going out to the most creative/unexpected place to poop.

• seems like the olden days are making a comeback when people emptied their chamber pots out of their windows

doesn't happen quite as much down here because public toilets are generally free to use

but certainly some intoxicated people do it

• McGyver said:

Sfariah D said:

Wait?  Huh?

geese?

Nope... walk on two legs too though... it seems like it's become a thing these days in a lot of cities... it wasn't unheard of back in the day in NYC, but hell, it's gotten weirdly poopie in a lot of places... last year in SF, CA, it seemed like there was perhaps a prize going out to the most creative/unexpected place to poop.

I've seen some videos where this is a noticeable problem, even in Disney parks in some other country (TOS won't let me say which country).  Two-legged, non-avian, but just as unsophisticated.   

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,712

Now is the chamber pot dishwasher safe?

NylonGirl said:

Now is the chamber pot dishwasher safe?

Yes and no

Yes, it might be dishwasher safe, but if used, not a good idea. 

My "new" desktop was supposed to have 500GB for storage. This stupid machine has about 162 GB on it.  Trying to reach out to the place I got it from for support but can't reach tech support.  They are about to close for the day.  I guess tomorrow I have to call back to get more help for this stupid machine.  I am not sure of their tech support hours.

Sfariah D said:

I am not sure of their tech support hours.

They have none. Their tech support is a used chamber pot. 

Why does Sixus radio say that the Panthers game is still going, but Bing says that the game is over and Panthers won?

...tape delay? 

My Desktop webcam doesn't have any privacy thing on it, so I typically put it under my desk face down to the floor.  Or Face down on my desk.

Sfariah D said:

My Desktop webcam doesn't have any privacy thing on it, so I typically put it under my desk face down to the floor.  Or Face down on my desk.

Some dollar stores or "99¢ and Above" (which is basically any "store", or as they used to call cheapo, dubious quality goods shops:"Variety" stores) carry little packs of assorted stick on lens covers... mostly they fit laptops, but some appear large enough to fit a couple types of aftermarket cameras... though I've never tried them... FiveBelow had one a while ago, but I don't recall seeing it recently... also apparently what they carry (them and DollarTree), seems to vary from state to state... so who knows what you might find, or what might fit, because the camera designs have such a wide range.

I thought of something stupid to say, but now I forgot it.

...after what seemed a long hiatus (making me wonder if they were finally done away with) the Gateway Timeout errors are back.

Maybe they need to give the hamster a  permanent IV drip of Turkish coffee.

kyoto kid said:

...after what seemed a long hiatus (making me wonder if they were finally done away with) the Gateway Timeout errors are back.

Or they could serve that coffee in a mug from the DAZ Merch store. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,897
    edited November 2023

kyoto kid said:

Is quite a bit better these days. I may get 1 in an 18-20 hr day. Yes, I did say 20hr. ATM because of a couple of medical issues I can only sleep 1-3 hrs a day regardless of being exhausted.

Post edited by frank0314 on

Hopefully by now you are able to nap.

Apparently unplugging the desktop computer while doing a render is a stupid idea.  I thought I was unplugging the mouse not the computer.

I don't know... when I unplug mine, it just keeps going.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,420

NylonGirl said:

Which one?  The computer or the mouse?  I never untether my mice.  They're apt to run away.sad

I think there might be a mouse in the house.  I don't mean a Dell mouse that has paint on the bottom of it.  But a generic mouse that is uninvited.

LeatherGryphon said:

NylonGirl said:

Which one?  The computer or the mouse?  I never untether my mice.  They're apt to run away.sad

Actually both. But I'd say the computer lasts an hour or two and the mouse lasts for days. The cats have gone after both. 

Sfariah D said:

I think there might be a mouse in the house.  I don't mean a Dell mouse that has paint on the bottom of it.  But a generic mouse that is uninvited.

According to the article in the November 2023 issue of Discovering Stuff Magazine, you should never give a mouse a cookie OR invite it in... that's how they get you... apparently without a cookie or an invitation they can not reveal their true form...