Jaderail is looking down on the STUPID THREAD XI

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951
This discussion was created from comments split from: Jaderail is looking down on the STUPID THREAD X.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951

Eau d’égout Is the latest cologne out there.  

next to it is the scent of this beautiful flower in a room spray!

IMG_7873.jpeg
    1440 x 1371 - 756K
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,668

It's not done yet?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453

NylonGirl said:

It's not done yet?

After one-hundred pages, which is the top of page 101.

edited May 2023

Ooh

Doctor David told me not to double post!

IMG_7849.jpeg
    635 x 499 - 57K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on

NylonGirl said:

It's not done yet?

I think the start of a new thread? 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,648

In a little under 24 hours, I've rendered 150 of 270 frames of the same scene, so obviously the pace is much better, and from previewing a couple frames, there doesn't seem to be a noticeable loss of quality. There are some fireflies that didn't used to be there, so I need to figure out how to address that.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962

Gordig said:

In a little under 24 hours, I've rendered 150 of 270 frames of the same scene, so obviously the pace is much better, and from previewing a couple frames, there doesn't seem to be a noticeable loss of quality. There are some fireflies that didn't used to be there, so I need to figure out how to address that.

well thats uhm faster 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055

The difference between ignorance and apathy? 

I don't know, and I don't care. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825

...ahh, stupid knows no bounds.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365

"Ignorance is curable.  Stupidity is not." -- anon

I think that I can think?

edited May 2023

I have a stupid cat I have to keep shutting out of my lounge where there is a cat tree, pelmets and cupboards he can freely use and toys

...because the one place he is not allowed is on my computer pulling out and chewing my cables!!!

guess where he goes

I have a small table and several boards taped together as a barrier on my desk and he still worms his way in every opportunity in spite of me yelling, stopping my monitor from falling while grabbing him and shutting him out of the room each time his does it

my other cat sits on my lap

he used to but has developed this craving for wrecking my desktop in spite of having a whole house with places he can crawl into freely like cat tunnels, boxes with ping pong balls, I literally have cat playthings and ledges (pelmets) in every room

thinking of buying an air horn canister to keep by my PC

he leaves it alone if I am not using it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Fixed all the foot sliding, although there are some small tweaks I could still make to certain animations. I also tried a different color grade, and am on the way to figuring out how to keep my render times more reasonable without sacrificing quality.

edited May 2023

looks good but they sure are in a rush

maybe it's an Australian thing but we tend to saunter more leisurely than that

however

you could run it through RIFE interpolater doubling your video length

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

It is cyberpunk future Seattle, so I think they're moving at a pretty reasonable pace. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,044
    edited May 2023

Breaking News: Oscar Mayer has retired the title "Wienermobile"... From this point forward the iconic vehicle is to be known as the "Frankmobile".

In stunned silence the world asks "Why?"...

Franks everywhere rejoice.

Post edited by McGyver on

McGyver said:

Breaking News: Oscar Mayer has retired the title "Wienermobile"... From this point forward the iconic vehicle is to be known as the "Frankmobile".

In stunned silence the world asks "Why?"...

Franks everywhere rejoice.

Wieners, on the other hand wept copiously. 

I was munching on carrots then found this strange carrot.

IMG_7897.jpeg
    960 x 1280 - 307K

That's no carrot, that's an Oompa Loompa finger... I think you were eating Oompa Loompa fingers... I guess the rumors about what happens to Oompa Loompas when they are retired from Wonka's factory are true.

edited May 2023

They're better in "carrot"​ cake.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited May 2023

LeatherGryphon said:

They're better in "carrot"​ cake.indecision

Technically, it would be Oompa Loompa Cake, but yes they do taste great baked and are also a rich source of beta carotene, loompic acid, vitamin E, ooppaflavin and calcium (if you grind up the bones)... and baking does not destroy the rich flavor or reduce the vitamin content.

Contrary to many online articles from questionable sources, "organic" Oompa Loompas do not have more flavor or vitamins, as all Oompa Loompas are descendants of a batch brought to England by Wonka Ordinance Works LTD (Later  "Wonka Chocolate and Munitions LTD" and finally "Wonka's Chocolate Factory") before a combination hurricane, tsunami, sharknado and volcano (technically a "Tsuhurrisharknacano") utterly destroyed the island of Loompaland in 1891... that group was genetically modified by feeding them gamma irradiated cocoa beans in an effort to create hulk-like super-soldiers, but all the radiation did was make them plump and tasty... So there is no such thing as a truly organic non-GMO Oompa Loompa, as they are all genetically modified by gamma radiation.

However, there are several recipes available online that will provide both delicious and nutritious meals using Oompa Loompa: 10 Truly Amazing Oompa Loompa Dishes   and   Making The Most Of Your Holiday Oompa Loompa 

My favorites are Loompa Stew and Loompa Custard... and if you have a meat grinder, you should try making the sausage.

edited May 2023

Perhaps Oopa Lumpas are the resultant evolution of shmoos?wink  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shmoo

shmoo.jpg
    1331 x 800 - 219K

Those frickin things used to give me the creeps when I was a little kid.

It's creepy just because Shmoos lay eggs and bottles of Grade A milk, and gladly will be killed and eaten?

Apparently in these parts of the woods July 4 is a special day.

edited May 2023

TJohn said:

It's creepy just because Shmoos lay eggs and bottles of Grade A milk, and gladly will be killed and eaten?

Don't sell them short.  They lay cartons of eggs. yes

And being willing to be your meal is also a schtick from "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe" scenes in the original movie "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe" decades later than Shmoos from Lil' Abner.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,365

Ah - Arthur Dent.

edited May 2023

Horo said:

Ah - Arthur Dent.

18610 Arthurdent?... aka... (provisional designation) 1998 CC2... the 3.5 kilometer diameter S-type (Siliceous) asteroid from the middle region of the asteroid belt?

Well, yes indeed... now there's a good stony asteroid for you... None of that K-Type or P-type low albedo carbonaceous chondrites nonsense... Trying to get attention with their rich reddish organic silicates like 476 Hedwig or mysteriously suggesting they may hold water within them like 221 Eos... 

Their showboating is rather pathetic... What you want in an asteroid is a good orbital eccentricity of at least 0.20 to 0.21 and an inclination of at 6° with respect to the ecliptic and that's good ol' 18610 Arthurdent, thank you and good day... 
    Old 18610 Arthurdent/1998 CC2 is the kind of minor planetary body you can trust to get the job done... you might not know it's true shape, but you know if you go there, it's going be there when you need it.

At the end of the day that's all you really want from an asteroid... that and not slamming into your planet and wiping out your dinosaurs.

I miss dinosaurs.

A lot.

they used to use borrowed from Pinterest  DAZ renders for these types of channels 

now it's all AI

edited May 2023

Yeah, I've noticed them.  I cry myself to sleep at night because of them.crying The AI catastrophe has begun.   It's time to do something about it.angry