Released* Line Zero dForce Strand Hair Shaders

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

Ok, thanks. Will check, if I have any of their products.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 429

chevy, I don't have this specific product but since it uses the same shader as the feisty bun hair it may have the same issue with a 100% crash rate on a very specific set of conditions.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/639486/section-18-and-feisty-feather-bun-hair-crashing-studio#latest

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,196

Several people are looking into it now. Seems to be a really odd bug.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited June 2023

Must be in a blue mood lately!

BellaBlueTm06172023.jpg
    1986 x 2007 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on

OOO Very pretty!!!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,762
    edited June 2023

I found today that Sixus1Media used 'curves' or strand-based hair in his hair in this outfit, https://www.daz3d.com/cyber-girl-nakano-outfit-and-hair-for-genesis-8-female.

I have been going through my hair library, # - Z and checking them and noting what they are in my chart. Finding I have missed entering a few in the chart, so this has been a good process. And the new autofit has been lovely to work with, along with MMX for helping me use G9 on other generations.

Mary

Edit to get rid of a ; after the link.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Mary, I keep waiting for your renders of these hairs.

barbult said:

I had one of them done, but it is still on a computer I JUST shut down for a reddish/magenta thunderstorm rolling by us. And with so far 1179 hairs in my list (excluding eyebrows & animals) it might be a bit. Since I am mostly working on my MacBookPro M1, the average render takes somewhere from 30 min to 2 hours. I just can't keep to a simple HDRI and skimpwear. And I am testing some interesting hairs on poor G8.1F, like Dark Guard Hair for G8M and found I loaded the whole batch. Just needed one to find out what type. It works btw. And Lady Littlefox's A3/V4 Dakota hair works on G8.1F. 

I am enjoying what everyone is posting though, especially yours. I love your sense of humor and versatillity!

edited July 2023

This might be a one off, but I found Cake One has https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-c1-spiky-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8 which has line tessellation sides under General.

Mary

Just saw you had Cake One on the list, but I just ran into another DAZ Original, with no other PA name. It was for dForce Darcy 8 Hair for G8F. Not sure how the DOs can be handled?

Oh, I have that spiky hair! This will be fun.

edited July 2023

I don't know what I did but it was suppose to be teal hair with black tips but it turned out opposite. LOL  Newton hair on young adult Olympia.

OlympiaTM07022023.jpg
    1545 x 2500 - 2M
    edited July 2023

Daventaki said:

I don't know what I did but it was suppose to be teal hair with black tips but it turned out opposite. LOL  Newton hair on young adult Olympia.

The black tips preset has a bug. It sets the base color to black also. I reported it earlier in this thread. Hopefully there will eventually be an update to fix it.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited July 2023

For Mary, here is the C1 Spiky Hair and Inga Hair as a bonus.

She won't catch the ball if she keeps ogling the cute guy on the sideline.

Koo Madee Mod Summer X Dress Spiky hair Line Zero_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Koo Madee Mod Summer X Dress Inga hair Line Zero_Camera.png
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    edited July 2023

@barbult

For you since the Forum is allowing loads right now. Two renders I did where I modified the hairs. Alexa Hair on G8.1F and then Olympia 9 with Hally Hair at the Seaside. I haven't quite got the hang of the what goes before what. laugh

Mary

Alexa Hair on G8.1F.png
    771 x 896 - 753K
    Olympia 9 Hally Hair at the Seaside.png
    800 x 1294 - 1M

Looking great guys :)

There will be an update to fix that one bug.   It is the next thing on my list!

"I haven't quite got the hang of the what goes before what. laugh

Mary"

Apply one of the regular base colors. Apply a tip color. Apply a bias setting - I recommend starting real low (1) so you can get a good visual of where the tip color ends up on that particular surface.  Then play with the gain settings to blur the base and tip color.

Thank you chevybabe25. I did that on another hair and it worked out very nice. I would post now, except the forum is not working.

Mary

edited July 2023

barbult said:

Daventaki said:

The black tips preset has a bug. It sets the base color to black also. I reported it earlier in this thread. Hopefully there will eventually be an update to fix it.

Ah ok!  Thanks I guess I missed it previously.

Cute pics!  Love the colors on the Spiky Hair works really well!

Not sure if I had reported the PA valzheimer? Just found the hair https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mod-punk-hair-for-genesis-8-females is strand-based. And it looked really lovely in the purple/magenta colors of your shader pack chevybabe25.

Mary

Excellent :), and I'll add Val to the list :)

I found another hair by Sixus1 Media, besides his rodent series, https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-operator-hair-for-genesis-8-females and the Cyber Girl outfit I reported earlier. I don't own his Lion Cloak so I can't check it out. But if it is eligible for your curves shader, I bet it would help everyone if it has a heavy load.

Some more recent AM animals have dForce hair options.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    edited July 2023

That is a good idea checking the latest AM animals, I hadn't thought of that. here is Felidae by AM - Smilodon Populator with a blond preset to help him blend into a winter climate

sabertooth.jpg
    1455 x 849 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
    edited July 2023

This is Hypertaf's Popcorn the Goat. Line Zero doesn't give us any white or gray presets. I applied a blonde and then changed surface settings to whiten it up.

That Smilodon looks wonderful!

Popcorn the Goat Line Zero Mod.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M

Hey, @chevybabe25 what happened to bias and gain number 7? They jump from 6 to 8.

Hey, @chevybabe25 what happened to bias and gain number 7? They jump from 6 to 8.

Well, I can only speculate my train of thought was, 7 should have been the default bias number.  Gain, I have no excuse. Ill add that to my fix list when I get to it :)

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 445

So, because I love experimenting, I did a render of Oso's Fox in 0 tesselation AND 5 tesselation using line zero shaders.

Zero Tesselation

5 Tesselation.

very nice!

memcneil70 said:

barbult said:

I am enjoying what everyone is posting though, especially yours. I love your sense of humor and versatillity!

When you posted that, Mary, I immediately thought of this image I had recently rendered, but the forum upload is so unreliable, I just now got it uploaded. Enjoy! laugh