Released* Line Zero dForce Strand Hair Shaders

1235»

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,394

@chevybabe, maybe you still drop by here every once in a while, and just in case you do: I've been using your shader on the new Valencya hair (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-valencya-hair-for-genesis-9), which works, but I wondered whether I could somehow re-save the hair with the line zero shader to reduce its size - ? Because this hair is one huuuuge .duf file (1.45 GB), and when I apply the line zero shader and re-save it as wearable asset, it's still the same enormous size. I think that I'm probably getting two things mixed up in my mind here, like the actual hair size and the amount of VRAM it takes up when rendering, but my grasp of all things dForce is really very shaky ... Any suggestions? Would be much appreciated!

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,196

Im still around, Ive just been really busy with some top secret daz stuff  :)  

Wow thats a big one. I believe Propschic has been using the same shader that line zero has ( I gave a special copy to several dhair vendors here,  without restriction) .  The best way to tell, is when you load it in the scene:  Click on the scene tab, find the hair, then check in the parameters tab for the tesselation. If the both the render line tesselation and viewport tesselation are already set to 0, then there is nothing more the Line Zero shader can do for you weight wise.  

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,394

chevybabe25 said:

Im still around, Ive just been really busy with some top secret daz stuff  :)  

Wow thats a big one. I believe Propschic has been using the same shader that line zero has ( I gave a special copy to several dhair vendors here,  without restriction) .  The best way to tell, is when you load it in the scene:  Click on the scene tab, find the hair, then check in the parameters tab for the tesselation. If the both the render line tesselation and viewport tesselation are already set to 0, then there is nothing more the Line Zero shader can do for you weight wise.  

I see, thank you for clarifying! Will check. And 'top secret busy' sounds really good to me, coming from you ...heart 

Awww, feeling the love heart

You are very welcome :)  Let me know how you make out!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,762

barbult said:

memcneil70 said:

barbult said:

Mary, I keep waiting for your renders of these hairs.

I am enjoying what everyone is posting though, especially yours. I love your sense of humor and versatillity!

When you posted that, Mary, I immediately thought of this image I had recently rendered, but the forum upload is so unreliable, I just now got it uploaded. Enjoy! laugh

This thread just showed up for me today and I just saw the render @barbult. Love the render and I appreciate a laugh first thing in the morning. I really love how natural his body looks and the hair works great.

Mary

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

NVIDIA has made no secret of the interactive hair simulation technology on the GPU (presented August 2023 at SIGGRAPH). Perhaps it will make its way into Daz Studio someday. Demo.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,226

chevybabe25 said:

Select the hair in the scene, select the parameters tab and check for line tesselation. If it has that, it is strand based.  

As for what is in the store, it is much more difficult to identify.  Vendors that I know (other than myself)  make or have made strand hair:

Toyen

Oso3D

Redz

Propschic and Aidano

PhilW

HM

On occasion I have seen strand hairs from different vendors including: Several by Aprilysh, 1 from Linday,  a couple from Mihrelle,1 from CakeOne, Lady LittleFox,Vyusur, Will Dupre, MAB and 3Diva.

If I have missed any, I can add them to this list.

Linday has two that I know of (Virgin and Side Bob). I would put AprilYSH higher on the list, because I'd say they more SBH than non-SBH these days, and I gobble them up.

Done :)