UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,322
    edited August 28

Those settings make for an interesting Sun-Sky, but I just get a plain round sun. I twiddled with most of the other settings here under Environment with no effect like that.

RoundSun.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1005K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,326

Interesting. That is probably something strange with my setup.

• Marty3DMarty3D Posts: 31

Always a nice addon I purchased UltraScenery 2 the other day.

It crashes when attempting to use it, then I debugged that down to Octane Render plugin and it now works OK.

Is there a manual for this version? I can't find it in resources, just the old UltraScenery manual.

• Marty3D said:

Always a nice addon I purchased UltraScenery 2 the other day.

It crashes when attempting to use it, then I debugged that down to Octane Render plugin and it now works OK.

Is there a manual for this version? I can't find it in resources, just the old UltraScenery manual.

It should be in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\UltraScenery2

• I have spent  alot of money to buy everything ultrascenery, and it is impossible to use. No matter what i do, i get 

TypeError: Result of expression 'hf_app.ui.wWaterLevelAdjust' [undefined] is not an object.

Can anyone please help ?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,034

I can't help, but I have seen others who have had issues with water levels but I don't know if that was related to your error. One thing you can do to help @barbult or one of the others who so often figure these things out is answer some basic questions ahead of time:

1. Which UltraScenery are you referring to? US 1 or US 2?

2. How did you install, with DIM or manually? Did you put any of the products in a unique folder location that DIM would not?

3. What are your versions of US, D|S, Nvidia...? Double-check to make sure they are the most up to date versions.

4. I haven't been in US for a while due to a project, so this maybe confusing, but what elements in the program did you select?

Mary

• Check out page 38 of this thread regarding that error.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,930
    edited September 6

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Check out page 38 of this thread regarding that error.

@j_jobs_5aed5ee339

Yes, the error was caused by an older version of UltraScenery having been installed with Daz Connect. It took us back and forth questions and answers to figure that that it had previously been installed that way. You can follow that in the messages referenced by paulawp. The solution was to uninstall the Daz Connect version of UltraScenery. NO ULTRASCENERY PRODUCT SHOULD EVER BE INSTALLED OR UPDATED FROM INSIDE DAZ STUDIO (WHICH IS DAZ CONNECT!!!!!!!!!!)

Post edited by barbult on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Guys!

Howie's latest release, in the shop for only $3.99 (at the moment but I'm sure that will change).

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery2--australia

How about a poll on what Howie should release next?  Personally, I'd like to see the British Ecologies given the US2 makeover.

Cheers,

Alex.

• alexhcowley said:

Guys!

Howie's latest release, in the shop for only $3.99 (at the moment but I'm sure that will change).

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery2--australia

How about a poll on what Howie should release next?  Personally, I'd like to see the British Ecologies given the US2 makeover.

Cheers,

Alex.

That'll be down to MartinJFrost smiley

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,034

Two releases by two of my favorite PAs in the same cart! It has been a long time that I have bought the cart within a half-hour of looking at the store.

Thank you Howie, the package is lovely.

Unfortunately the only items left in your store are for Carrera, sigh. They are so lovely.

Mary

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

memcneil70 said:

Two releases by two of my favorite PAs in the same cart! It has been a long time that I have bought the cart within a half-hour of looking at the store.

Thank you Howie, the package is lovely.

Unfortunately the only items left in your store are for Carrera, sigh. They are so lovely.

Mary

Mary,

I'm in a similar position.

The only Daz Studio items I have not bought are the night lights for Harpsburg and Ultrascatter Pro. (I bought the original Ultrascatter plus the upgrade package.)

Cheers,

Alex. 

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,736

UltraScenery2 - Australia lists the Australian Botanica Trees and Shrubs and Understorey as required products. 

I have UltraScenery 2 but haven't bought any older Botanica because I thought they weren't scaled to go with UltraScenery2.

I have two questions: 1. Are these 2 botanicas required to make the scenes in the promos? 2. If I do get them will they fit right scale-wise? 

I guess kind of dumb questions, but I haven't used either UltraScenery very much. 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,135
    edited September 7

From what I understand (I also don't have that much experience with UltraScenery2), the two Botanica products are only including plants and have, by themselves, no relation with UltraScenery (1 or 2): if you are buying them alone, neither version of UltraScenery will know what to do with them.

You need a link between UltraScenery and the Botanica products. You can get that link in three different ways:

• I think they are products by @Totte allowing us to create that link (no idea which of them)
    • UltraScenery2 - Australia, today's Golden Ticket, which will allow you to take advantage of everything UltraScenery2 has to offer
    • UltraScenery - Australia (included in the Botanica Australia Bundle, which is the cheapest way to get the two required products for today's Golden Ticket) but this product will not take full advantage of UltraScenery2 and will be limited in scale.

So if you want Australia in UltraScenery2 with all the capabilities of US2, you need to buy:

• today's Golden Ticket, UltraScenery2 - Australia
    • the two required products and like I said, it is cheaper to get the bundle.

And you'll only need to install:

Post edited by Elor on

luci45 said:

UltraScenery2 - Australia lists the Australian Botanica Trees and Shrubs and Understorey as required products. 

I have UltraScenery 2 but haven't bought any older Botanica because I thought they weren't scaled to go with UltraScenery2.

I have two questions: 1. Are these 2 botanicas required to make the scenes in the promos? 2. If I do get them will they fit right scale-wise? 

I guess kind of dumb questions, but I haven't used either UltraScenery very much. 

1. Yes, the two listed required Australia Botanica products are required to create the scenes in the promos. They contain the Australian plants that are referenced by today's golden ticket item.

2. Yes, they are scaled properly for UltraScenery2.

edited September 7

Here is an UltraScenery2 render of Australia 07 with some LowPi characters on bikes.

USC2 Australia 07 LowPi Bikes 3_Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,736

Thanks, Barbult. I didn't know if I needed to wait for a version 2 of botanica. Your bicycle scene looks great! 

Thanks, Elor. I will get the bundle. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,789

Aurtralia USC2 was a very pleasant surprise for today, especially as a golden ticket item at that price. Thanks Howie. yes

• Absolutely agree. I have probably used the Australian biome more than any other, and being able to use it in USC2 is great. Regards, Richard.

So the new USC2 Australia biome is not restrained to 64 resolution? 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,326
    edited September 8

First test with 64 meters of USC2 Australia:

us2at20240908sc08pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 883K
    us2at20240908sc06pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 629K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited September 8

once again my US2 renders are slower than a snail trying to render the new Australia. I'm at 10 minutes and 38%. Its using my GPU at 90-100% only 4.7 gig of the 16gig memory. CPU utilization is sitting around 15%.
    My card is an Nvidia 4080. This render should be screaming. I'm at a loss to know what to do... or is this just slow. US2 does not seem to like my system.  The render is somewhat small 1800x1200. There is no sky. scwnw set at 64M and 128 resolution

GPU 0
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
    Driver version: 32.0.15.6081
    Driver date: 7/30/2024
    DirectX version: 12 (FL 12.1)
    Physical location: PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0
    Utilization 95%
    Dedicated GPU memory 4.7/16.0 GB
    Shared GPU memory 0.2/15.8 GB
    GPU Memory 5.0/31.8 GB

Post edited by daveso on
    edited September 8

here is the scene..very simple. now at 80% 22 minutes. This should render less than 10 minutes. 
    EDIT: Finish 35 minutes 31 seconds. 

slow us2 render australia.jpg
    1777 x 1004 - 802K
    Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

So the new USC2 Australia biome is not restrained to 64 resolution? 

No it is not.

daveso said:

here is the scene..very simple. now at 80% 22 minutes. This should render less than 10 minutes. 
    EDIT: Finish 35 minutes 31 seconds. 

It seems like that small render should have been much faster than that. Maybe it is the lighting. It looks very flat. Is that just the default Ruins HDRI? Try sun-sky lighting, like the render preset that comes with UltraScenery2 (USC2 Late Morning). What render settings are you using to terminate the render? Convergence percent? If so, what percent? Number of iterations? Time?

• daveso said:

once again my US2 renders are slower than a snail trying to render the new Australia. I'm at 10 minutes and 38%. Its using my GPU at 90-100% only 4.7 gig of the 16gig memory. CPU utilization is sitting around 15%.
    My card is an Nvidia 4080. This render should be screaming. I'm at a loss to know what to do... or is this just slow. US2 does not seem to like my system.  The render is somewhat small 1800x1200. There is no sky. scwnw set at 64M and 128 resolution

GPU 0
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
    Utilization 95%
    GPU Memory 5.0/31.8 GB

You, like me, are using 4.22.0.x, right? I have never stopped having crippling performance issues with Ultrascenery (and Ultrascenery 2) in my release 4.22.0.16 instance.

I would not have upgraded from 4.21, which worked fine, except USC rendered OK in my beta 4.22 instance. Critically, I have to think, the beta instance was 4.22.1.x. To this day, I have to switch to the beta instance to render most USC/USC2 scenes. I'm running a 3090 system.

I am running the latest DS Beta.

barbult said:

I am running the latest DS Beta.

i guess its time to try the beta. The result will be interesting. Anything that needs to be done as far as setup ? 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

daveso said:

GPU 0
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
    Utilization 95%
    GPU Memory 5.0/31.8 GB

You, like me, are using 4.22.0.x, right? I have never stopped having crippling performance issues with Ultrascenery (and Ultrascenery 2) in my release 4.22.0.16 instance.

I would not have upgraded from 4.21, which worked fine, except USC rendered OK in my beta 4.22 instance. Critically, I have to think, the beta instance was 4.22.1.x. To this day, I have to switch to the beta instance to render most USC/USC2 scenes. I'm running a 3090 system.

yes, I finally "upgraded" a few months ago ... shouldn;t have. I'm going to try the beta 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,322
    edited September 8

Comparison: OK, I admit, it's completely cheesy - it was just a product test scene to confirm basic functionality of the new Bone Minion for horses as well as the new Australia 2.

It took 4 minutes, 24 seconds to finish in my 4.22.1.88 beta (yeah, it's old now - I only installed it to test Face Transfer 2). The same file takes 32 minutes, 5 seconds to finish in my release 4.22.0.16. 

ThingsSeenInTheTrees.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 923K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on