Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,842

Lightning Deals is still broken. I just cleared the cart. Daz should not be allowed to continue to advertise one price and charge another, especially after having been informed of the problem. If they can't make their sales work, they should take them down. They are really trashing their reputation with all these sales and pricing errors, and a customer service department that doesn't even respond when a ticket is submitted. I'm really fed up with all this.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 194528.jpg
    1447 x 880 - 242K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

MelanieL said:

DanaTA said:

I can't even find Neftis3D by using the drop-down in the main store!  And the list is not in alphabetical order!  Makes it very difficult to find things!

I think the list is in order of number of products in the store (descending). If you know who you are looking for you  can type in a partial name, e.g. "nef". (Not much help if you can't remember the name of the vendor you are looking for though. )

I typed exactly Neftis3D.  Nothing.  If I type Ston, it already knows to go to Stonemason.  They should fix their filter, it doesn't always work. 

Robert Freise said:

https://www.daz3d.com/neftis3d

I think that went to your list...there are many wishlited items that are not in my wishlist.  That's strange. 

The store search isn't so good, either.  Type in Rita, you get one...a morph.  Type in Rita Hollywood, you get two, the same as the first, plus some other thing that isn't Rita Hollywood anything!

This is very odd...I found this by searching in Google.  It's the DAZ wiki...

Ashampoo_Snap_Saturday, January 20, 2024_22h30m43s_001_Rita Hollywood Hair for Genesis 9 and 8 Female [Documentation Center] - Google Chrome.jpg
    1709 x 1853 - 366K
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    edited January 21

barbult said:

Lightning Deals is still broken. I just cleared the cart. Daz should not be allowed to continue to advertise one price and charge another, especially after having been informed of the problem. If they can't make their sales work, they should take them down. They are really trashing their reputation with all these sales and pricing errors, and a customer service department that doesn't even respond when a ticket is submitted. I'm really fed up with all this.

Another issue is that if you leave the page open, and countdown hits 01:00:00, the hour counter doesn't change so that instead of going down to 00:59:59 it goes up to 01:59:59, which means that if you don't do anything it terminates when it shows 01:00:00 and not 00:00:00.  So whenever it says 01:XX:XX always refresh the page to ensure that it shows the actual time.

Also, tokens seem to work for some Lightning Deals items, and not for others.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

DanaTA said:

Robert Freise said:

I think that went to your list...there are many wishlited items that are not in my wishlist.  That's strange. 

That's strange as I clicked on the link for Neftis3d in one of the products 

edited January 21
    DanaTA said:

Robert Freise said:

That is not a link to anyone's wishlist. It is a link to the Netfis3D vendor page in the store.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208

Taoz said:

Llola Lane said:

<--is having the same problem the last 2 days... I'll just wait to see if it gets fixed.... Til then... No buying for me. 

The problem has been there for at least some weeks, where I noticed it the first time. 

Up til a few days ago... Everything was ok... so I guess some have been having troubles longer than I have.  Weird indeed.

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,177

DanaTA said:

Charlie Judge said:

DanaTA said:

Elor said:

DanaTA said:

What are these items in my wishlist that say "Inactive"?  They all go to a Oops! page.  They can't all be from vendors that left...one of them was a Stoned mason product, I beleive...Winter Kingdom: Castle Ruin.  A few are for Genesis 3 and 8 females, one is hair for Genesis 8 males.  One is even for Genesis 9 and 8 females.  That's not old!

They are either products from PAs that left or products PAs don't wish to sell anymore (for many reasons, including products not being good enough compared to what they are able to create now).

Edit: it could also be items that were only available for a limited time, items you wishlisted during their windows of availability.

The Stonemason item was here for a while, but it isn't that old!  And what about the Genesis 9 item?  I wish they'd come up with a way to notify us.  Even if it's just an email notice that the item will be leaving the store.  Then I'd remove them.  Right now, if there's a sale and I sort my wishlist by price...low to high...these show up at the top of the list.  Currently two lines.

Stonemason's "Winter Kingdom: Castle Ruins" is actually pretty old. According to the Product Readme in the Wiki it was released on 8 Feb 2011 and he may have felt it was not up to his current standards.

I'm not sure what Genesis 9 item you are refering to but maybe it was by a PA who is no longer at DAZ.

The very first Urban Future was in the store in 2006!  His newer stuff is much higher grade, as was Winter Kingdom.  So, not up to his standards?  I don't think that's it at all.

I probably will eventualy retire Urban Future 1, I think that was made before Daz Studio even existed so is far from todays standards.  it still holds some sentimental value to me which is why it's still there...but it will go..soon.

btw,I retired the first Urban Sprawl many years ago...and 're-released' it recently as part of another set...bonus points to anyone that noticed. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

DanaTA said:

This is very odd...I found this by searching in Google.  It's the DAZ wiki...

The Rita hair was, for me at least, part of a rather strange email offer from DAZ to buy three 'exclusive' items that came some months ago. I liked the hair, too, but the price wasn't really good, so I just stuck it in my WL. It lived there for a while and then eventually turned into 'inactive'. So I guess this 'exclusive offer' is the background story here. It's a pity, because I would have bought the hair for a reasonable price.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

DanaTA said:

MelanieL said:

DanaTA said:

I can't even find Neftis3D by using the drop-down in the main store!  And the list is not in alphabetical order!  Makes it very difficult to find things!

I think the list is in order of number of products in the store (descending). If you know who you are looking for you  can type in a partial name, e.g. "nef". (Not much help if you can't remember the name of the vendor you are looking for though. )

I typed exactly Neftis3D.  Nothing.  If I type Ston, it already knows to go to Stonemason.  They should fix their filter, it doesn't always work. 

That's odd. This is what I get - I'm on Windows 11 and Chrome browser. 

Capture.jpg
    682 x 743 - 85K
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

barbult said:

and a customer service department that doesn't even respond when a ticket is submitted.

I haven't filed many tickets (very few actually), but sofar always got confirmation emails and (eventually) an answer. I guess it differs on a case by case for whatever reason....

• jhofflerjhoffler Posts: 37

Taoz said:

barbult said:

Another issue is that if you leave the page open, and countdown hits 01:00:00, the hour counter doesn't change so that instead of going down to 00:59:59 it goes up to 01:59:59, which means that if you don't do anything it terminates when it shows 01:00:00 and not 00:00:00.  So whenever it says 01:XX:XX always refresh the page to ensure that it shows the actual time.

Also, tokens seem to work for some Lightning Deals items, and not for others.

Yeah, the hour counter is a pretty embarrassing bug. Just remember that the items come out every three hours, starting at midnight US Central Time. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Stonemason said:

I probably will eventualy retire Urban Future 1, I think that was made before Daz Studio even existed so is far from todays standards.  it still holds some sentimental value to me which is why it's still there...but it will go..soon.

btw,I retired the first Urban Sprawl many years ago...and 're-released' it recently as part of another set...bonus points to anyone that noticed. 

Anyone? I don't recall anything remotely related to Urban Sprawl recently. No points for me...

MelanieL said:

DanaTA said:

MelanieL said:

DanaTA said:

That's odd. This is what I get - I'm on Windows 11 and Chrome browser. 

Very odd...it worked right a little while later! 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

Charlie Judge said:

I'm not sure what Genesis 9 item you are refering to but maybe it was by a PA who is no longer at DAZ.

I have one listed as inactive that is a Genesis 9 item by Sade, dForce Mixable Csipke for Genesis 9...

glaseye said:

barbult said:

and a customer service department that doesn't even respond when a ticket is submitted.

I haven't filed many tickets (very few actually), but sofar always got confirmation emails and (eventually) an answer. I guess it differs on a case by case for whatever reason....

Yeah, "whatever reason" is what we want to know, and how to fix that problem when tickets seem to be ignored (9 months and counting for some of us).  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/670186/help-center-issues#latest

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

WandW said:

Charlie Judge said:

I have one listed as inactive that is a Genesis 9 item by Sade, dForce Mixable Csipke for Genesis 9...

Sade moved her PA items to 3dshards, that product is available there.

• Cris Palomino said:

barbult said:

Cris Palomino said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Happening to 3 of mine:

https://www.daz3d.com/prime-brawnies-for-genesis-8-male-centaur $2.27 to $3.03

https://www.daz3d.com/roxana-hair-genesis-8-females $2.20 to $2.94

https://www.daz3d.com/gummy-shader-presets-for-iray $2.15 to $2.87

Plus the prices are going back & forth, if I change tabs, advance in the checkout, or go to another page. So I emptied my cart, even though I was interested in the hair and shaders. Why? One, who knows what price I will get charged. Two, I just don't want to deal with Daz CS which has gone downhill the last several years. (I'm a good, experienced CS rep, so my standards are realistic.)

Guessing if you might have bought if it worked, they would want to know. 

I had to laugh at that! Do you really think a Customer Service representative bogged down with hundreds of tickets cares whether I would have bought something or not?

They might not respond, but might note it for a data point when they review things. 

@Cris Palomino. Thanks for encouraging me to do the ticket even though I had originally dismissed the option. I got a response back today. (3 days, including Sunday.) Let's just say they did more than "note it for a data point."

So, fellow forumites, the moral of the story is take Cris's advice. 

• Today's promo, unless I'm somehow going nuts (or more nuts), says: 60% Off¥ Featured Artist Stores Unlock an extra 20% off¥* on these Sci-Fi genre Featured Artist Items when you buy any 'Cyber' New Release

So I added a pose set by Devon, chosen from their linked page, but it's still only 60% when viewed in the cart. (So much for 'add to cart to see these amazing savings applied!')

Any ideas? Is this some new esoteric version of a sale where the sale isn't actually on sale?

Screenshot 2024-01-24 174439.png
    1115 x 423 - 326K
    Screenshot 2024-01-24 174503.png
    655 x 860 - 144K
  • Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414
    edited January 24

Pax Asteriae said:

Today's promo, unless I'm somehow going nuts (or more nuts), says: 60% Off¥ Featured Artist Stores Unlock an extra 20% off¥* on these Sci-Fi genre Featured Artist Items when you buy any 'Cyber' New Release

So I added a pose set by Devon, chosen from their linked page, but it's still only 60% when viewed in the cart. (So much for 'add to cart to see these amazing savings applied!')

Any ideas? Is this some new esoteric version of a sale where the sale isn't actually on sale?

You have to click on the underlined text, which is a subset of the artists' items.

https://www.daz3d.com/cyber-saving-artist-stores

Post edited by Korpin.Sulat on
  • Korpin.Sulat said:

Pax Asteriae said:

Today's promo, unless I'm somehow going nuts (or more nuts), says: 60% Off¥ Featured Artist Stores Unlock an extra 20% off¥* on these Sci-Fi genre Featured Artist Items when you buy any 'Cyber' New Release

You have to click on the underlined text, which is a subset of the artists' items.

Then why did they even bother linking to the artists stores individually, if they can't even get the products right? The link in my post comes from the sale page where I clicked on the artist's picture.

I'm this close to just dumping the whole cart. What's the point if they can't even be bothered to get the sale right?

• Pax Asteriae said:

Korpin.Sulat said:

Pax Asteriae said:

Then why did they even bother linking to the artists stores individually, if they can't even get the products right? The link in my post comes from the sale page where I clicked on the artist's picture.

I'm this close to just dumping the whole cart. What's the point if they can't even be bothered to get the sale right?

I think it is right, though i only worked it out as i was typing up a report fro Daz. The stores in geernal are 60% off, regardless of whether they fit the theme, but theer is a subset of items related to the theme which get the extra discount. I didn't find that clear, though, until trying to follow it through.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Pax Asteriae said:

Korpin.Sulat said:

Pax Asteriae said:

I think it is right, though i only worked it out as i was typing up a report fro Daz. The stores in geernal are 60% off, regardless of whether they fit the theme, but theer is a subset of items related to the theme which get the extra discount. I didn't find that clear, though, until trying to follow it through.

Thanks for the confirmation. I cleared my cart.

• The Featured Artist text has been clarified (I think) to indicate that it is only a sub-set of items that can get the extra discount.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited January 26

If it can help people understand the problem with Lightning Deals seeing their prices rising in the cart, I think the problem is that now, LDs' prices are taking into account every promotion working on them without taking into account all the rules, like a promotion requiring multiples items in the cart.

As an example, I currently have Bonnie 8.1 Mega Bundle in my Lightning Deals, at a 89 % discount or $25.64. In my cart, it's actually $32.06 which is 86% Off.

Donning my Walter 9's hat (only the hat, I don't smoke), currently that bundle is part of these promotions:

1. 30% Daz+ discount on DOs
    2. Lightning Deals' discount: 60%
    3. It's in my wishlist: 50%
    4. So much diversity and flexibility: 20% discount with at least three eligible items

Now, let's do some maths, starting with the bundle's dase price ($228.95) and applying discounts in order (I kept all the numbers after the point, I don't know how Daz rounds them up, but it's not that important).

1. 30% off the base price: $160.265
    2. 60% of the previous price: $64,106
    3. 50% of the previous price: $32,053 (what I see in my cart)
    4. 20% of the previous price: $25,6424 (what I see in my LD and what I see in my cart if I'm adding three eligible items).

I'm not sure I'll be able to explain it properly in a ticket to Daz support, so if someone with a better grasp of English can check that my explanations are clear enough (if they had LDs whose prices are rising once in their cart), it would be nice.

Post edited by Elor on
  • edited January 26

Elor said:

If it can help people understand the problem with Lightning Deals seeing their prices rising in the cart, I think the problem is that now, LDs' prices are taking into account every promotion working on them without taking into account all the rules, like a promotion requiring multiples items in the cart.

As an example, I currently have Bonnie 8.1 Mega Bundle in my Lightning Deals, at a 89 % discount or $25.64. In my cart, it's actually $32.06 which is 86% Off.

Donning my Walter 9's hat (only the hat, I don't smoke), currently that bundle is part of these promotions:

1. 30% Daz+ discount on DOs
    2. Lightning Deals' discount: 60%
    3. It's in my wishlist: 50%
    4. So much diversity and flexibility: 20% discount with at least three eligible items

Now, let's do some maths, starting with the bundle's dase price ($228.95) and applying discounts in order (I kept all the numbers after the point, I don't know how Daz rounds them up, but it's not that important).

1. 30% off the base price: $160.265
    2. 60% of the previous price: $64,106
    3. 50% of the previous price: $32,053 (what I see in my cart)
    4. 20% of the previous price: $25,6424 (what I see in my LD and what I see in my cart if I'm adding three eligible items).

I'm not sure I'll be able to explain it properly in a ticket to Daz support, so if someone with a better grasp of English can check that my explanations are clear enough (if they had LDs whose prices are rising once in their cart), it would be nice.

It's clear to me. Your written English is very good.

You are probably correct that this is what's happening. It would explain why it is an intermittent problem as well. 

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,520
    edited January 26

This has been going on a while, but I've only just noticed exactly what the issue is: https://www.daz3d.com/pkelly21 products keep appearing when the store search is supposed to be filtering solely for the "Daz Originals" artist (despite zero projects marked as DOs in their store), which is kind of irritating when DOs and PA items are frequently subject to entirely different deals and offers.

EDIT: Screenshot example attached from the current "Your Winter Savings" rotating sale, but I've seen this at other times.

PKelly21.png
    1442 x 831 - 1M
    Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

A lot of my lightning deals are still increasing in price when when put them into my cart. I even had one deal that was advertised for $2.99 but increased to $7.55 in my cart. nono

This discussion has been closed.