Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792
    edited April 6

My 8 tokens that expire tonight are not working on anything because everything I want to buy is on my wishlist! The items that were 72% off or more yesterday with tokens are now only 70% off and my expiring tokens are unusable. This is ridiculous. Why can't I use my tokens on wishlist items? 

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,626

mnpala said:

Cris Palomino said:

mnpala said:

doubledeviant said:

mnpala said:

The tokens don't seem to be discounting the correct amount. I have 8 tokens (45%) and a 20USD purchase is only going down to approximately 16USD

Do you have items with the wishlist sale discount in your cart? That offer has the disclaimer "Discount does not stack with other offers." which usually means that tokens won't apply to the items.

I do but the new items that weren't on wishlist aren't reducing by correct amount.

Try removing the wishlist items and see if it works. 

If I remove the wishlist item, it doesn't work. I tried removing wishlist item and adding Elegant poses for G9 (NOT on my wishlist). Applying 8 tokens (45%) brings item down from 13.29 to 9.30.

My tokens run out tonight.

EG Elegant Poses for G9 is not a Daz Original so 8 tokens will only reduce it by 30% ; so $9.30 is correct.

• mnpalamnpala Posts: 56

Charlie Judge said:

mnpala said:

Cris Palomino said:

mnpala said:

doubledeviant said:

mnpala said:

The tokens don't seem to be discounting the correct amount. I have 8 tokens (45%) and a 20USD purchase is only going down to approximately 16USD

Do you have items with the wishlist sale discount in your cart? That offer has the disclaimer "Discount does not stack with other offers." which usually means that tokens won't apply to the items.

I do but the new items that weren't on wishlist aren't reducing by correct amount.

Try removing the wishlist items and see if it works. 

If I remove the wishlist item, it doesn't work. I tried removing wishlist item and adding Elegant poses for G9 (NOT on my wishlist). Applying 8 tokens (45%) brings item down from 13.29 to 9.30.

My tokens run out tonight.

EG Elegant Poses for G9 is not a Daz Original so 8 tokens will only reduce it by 30% ; so $9.30 is correct.

Ok, thanks for pointing this out. This explains it.

I forgot there were different discount rates.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

My 8 tokens that expire tonight are not working on anything because everything I want to buy is on my wishlist! The items that were 72% off or more yesterday with tokens are now only 70% off and my expiring tokens are unusable. This is ridiculous. Why can't I use my tokens on wishlist items? 

I'm in the same boat.
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,430

Have you tried the wishlist items with the tokens, but without the New release? If they are in the Mad Artists stores, get three or more for 60% off, then up to 30% more with 8 tokens on non-DO items (72% off), or 45% more for DOs (85% off). In that case, the Wishlist promo is kind of useless. Add in your monthly coupon, if you have one, and it is even better.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,021

Just cleared my cart. Don't care that 16 tokens expire tonight. Two new products stay not bought. Many wishlisted items not purchased at this time. I don't like games with the rules skewed.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited April 7
    NorthOf45 said:

Have you tried the wishlist items with the tokens, but without the New release? If they are in the Mad Artists stores, get three or more for 60% off, then up to 30% more with 8 tokens on non-DO items (72% off), or 45% more for DOs (85% off). In that case, the Wishlist promo is kind of useless. Add in your monthly coupon, if you have one, and it is even better.

I could have done that anytime this week. I was hoping for something better, as they were all cheaper last weekend. This is the second screwed up sale in a week. DAZ can have their tokens back, and I'll keep my money.
    Post edited by WandW on

NorthOf45 said:

OK I removed the new releases. At least it's the same price as yesterday but nothing special. It's crazy that they prefer us NOT to buy new releases. Oh well. 

• Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 31

Wonderland said:

Same issue here! I've been adding any random stuff I might someday purchase to my wishlist (and not using the wishlist as a wishlist) because of the popup wishlist sales. I don't browse it anymore because it's so polluted with items that aren't real faves.

Each of today's active sales has discounts that depend on comboing with new releases. New releases then override the rest of the cart to 70%. This makes *all* sales and tokens useless today, across the board.

Tokens are a tricky game. You can mostly count on mediocre deals for the week after a major sale, once everyone has loaded up on tokens that need to expire. :P Tokens are still useful for picking up Daz Plus items.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,113
    As a workaround for the wishlist sale overriding better discounts, remove the items from your wishlist.
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,430

Cam Fox said:

Wonderland said:

Same issue here! I've been adding any random stuff I might someday purchase to my wishlist (and not using the wishlist as a wishlist) because of the popup wishlist sales. I don't browse it anymore because it's so polluted with items that aren't real faves.

Each of today's active sales has discounts that depend on comboing with new releases. New releases then override the rest of the cart to 70%. This makes *all* sales and tokens useless today, across the board.

Tokens are a tricky game. You can mostly count on mediocre deals for the week after a major sale, once everyone has loaded up on tokens that need to expire. :P Tokens are still useful for picking up Daz Plus items.

All other promotions will give a max of 60% off with a New item, or with at least three Mad Artist items. Avoiding the New items will allow tokens to be used on the Mad Artist items to get up to 72% or 85% on DOs (with 8 tokens) for all active promotions. Using only 5 tokens will get you the same 70% (or 79% for DOs) as the final discount. If you have less than 5 tokens, the original Wishlist deal is better for you, if you still wish to play.

Well, that's annoying: I had tokens expiring at turnover, and I decided to make a small purchase, but the store expired those tokens despite making the purchase before turnover (and still having time left on the token timer) and instead used tokens that would have been good until later this week. Apparently there's some discrepancy between when tokens should expire and when they actually expire.

This likely means lost sales for Daz since I'm far less likely to buy anything without tokens as prices these days seem to more-or-less assume having them. Here's hoping there's some great grab-bag deals on Mon or Tue for double tokens (...although falling off the wagon and not buying anything for a while might not be a bad turn of events...).

NorthOf45 said:

Avoiding the New items will allow tokens to be used on the Mad Artist items to get up to 72% or 85% on DOs (with 8 tokens) for all active promotions.

Not necessary - as mentioned above, remove the items from your wishlist if the wishlist sale is overriding a better discount. Then you can both keep new releases in cart and get the better discount for the other items.
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

doubledeviant said:

Well, that's annoying: I had tokens expiring at turnover, and I decided to make a small purchase, but the store expired those tokens despite making the purchase before turnover (and still having time left on the token timer) and instead used tokens that would have been good until later this week. Apparently there's some discrepancy between when tokens should expire and when they actually expire.

At the moment, the timer is one hour behind, but they still expire at Daz midnight 

PerttiA said:

doubledeviant said:

At the moment, the timer is one hour behind, but they still expire at Daz midnight 

Accounting for the hour, the timer indicates tokens *should* expire at midnight exactly, when the store turns over, but I suspect it must actually be 23:59 since I made the purchase at 23:59 (Daz time) because a coworker had distracted and delayed me with a (dumb) question (the answer to which was on the desk in front of them). I was cutting it close, obviously, but still - the order was complete before turnover (and time-stamped as such), and the timer should reflect the *actual* expiration accurately rather than being a minute off.

This wishlist sale is so annoying. I wanted to take advantage of the G3 sale but the wishlist 70% off supercedes the 80% off offer. I can't take advantage of the sale because everything I want is already in my wishlist! 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814

Wonderland said:

This wishlist sale is so annoying. I wanted to take advantage of the G3 sale but the wishlist 70% off supercedes the 80% off offer. I can't take advantage of the sale because everything I want is already in my wishlist! 

Take them out of your wishlist.

• Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 31

NorthOf45 said:

All other promotions will give a max of 60% off with a New item, or with at least three Mad Artist items. Avoiding the New items will allow tokens to be used on the Mad Artist items to get up to 72% or 85% on DOs (with 8 tokens) for all active promotions. Using only 5 tokens will get you the same 70% (or 79% for DOs) as the final discount. If you have less than 5 tokens, the original Wishlist deal is better for you, if you still wish to play.

Thanks for the breakdown. I ended up grabbing two Daz+ outfits and their textures and using the monthly $6 coupon in combo with 8 tokens for a strong discount, then let the rest of the tokens expire.

doubledeviant said:

As a workaround for the wishlist sale overriding better discounts, remove the items from your wishlist.

Thanks!

• protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 117

Explain that $1 gateway deal to me like I'm an actual human intending to use it, because I've got no idea what it's supposed to apply to once you have a gateway artist item in the cart.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868
    edited April 8

protosynthetic said:

Explain that $1 gateway deal to me like I'm an actual human intending to use it, because I've got no idea what it's supposed to apply to once you have a gateway artist item in the cart.

My guess is that it's improperly coded and the "Shop Now" link under "$1 Gateway items" is meant to bounce to a different page and listing, because what it's doing now makes not the slightest bit of sense.

What should happen, according to the page, is that if you put an item from the Fabiana section of the page into the cart, and then put an item from the "Welcome 'New' Releases" section into the cart, and then use the coupon code DAZZLING, the price of the "Welcome New Releases" item should drop to $1, according to the text.

However, it appears that in that case, two different sale conditions are applying to "Welcome New Releases":
    1) a 30% additional discount if you have one of the Fabiana items in the cart
    2) the DAZZLING coupon

However, there is the usual "¥Discount excludes New Releases, Memberships, Licenses and Gift Cards" disclaimer, which, I suspect, is kicking the "Welcome New Releases" item out of the $1 sale -- a sale that, it appears, is expresssly meant to apply to new releases. (Additionally, there may be a "does not stack" thing happening, although it doesn't say that anywhere, I don't think.)

Oh, and using the coupon code DAZZLING with a Fabiana item and a Welcome New Releases item in the cart gets a COUPON IS NOT VALID message, to boot.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 117

vwrangler said:

My guess is that it's improperly coded and the "Shop Now" link under "$1 Gateway items" is meant to bounce to a different page and listing, because what it's doing now makes not the slightest bit of sense.

Yeah, for me it's jumping the page to the debut releases and doesn't apply. Doesn't apply to anything else I've tried so far either. Guess it's waiting for the official answer.

edited April 8

Today's sale seems to have hit a new record for lack of clarity. I get a chart that makes no sense and a coupon message with no coupon code.

In this three column chart, what is the difference between both columns one and two active, and column three alone active?

Where's the coupon code in this "coupon just for me"?

This store has become a big waste of time. The ads make no sense anymore.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 022532 Chart makes no sense.jpg
    1336 x 316 - 79K
    Screenshot 2024-04-08 022656 Where's the coupon code.jpg
    765 x 350 - 29K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ProtegeArtsProtegeArts Posts: 55

it seems they haven't the issue yet...

• KerseyKersey Posts: 56

barbult said:

Today's sale seems to have hit a new record for lack of clarity. I get a chart that makes no sense and a coupon message with no coupon code.

In this three column chart, what is the difference between both columns one and two active, and column three alone active?

If you look at the rows it's the same discounted items, but with different amounts. So if you buy  either a Gateway item or a Debut new release you get 20%, if you buy both you get 35%. That's why 20% is unchecked in the last column cause you can't get both 20% and 35% at the same time. But I agree with you that the table looks confusing.

Kersey said:

barbult said:

If you look at the rows it's the same discounted items, but with different amounts. So if you buy  either a Gateway item or a Debut new release you get 20%, if you buy both you get 35%. That's why 20% is unchecked in the last column cause you can't get both 20% and 35% at the same time. But I agree with you that the table looks confusing.

You are interpreting the colomns as "or". I interpreted them as "and". Your way makes more sense.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

I think the 'One dollar special' deal link just doesn't work, because it doesn't lead to anything. Mods, could you let DAZ know? Thanks and a nice day to everyone!

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,414

Why does it say on the orange banner: "A new code especially for you" or something, if WARM-WELCOME is for everyone? I could already read it when I wasn't logged in. But never mind - the code doesn't work anyway: "Coupon code not valid"... Incredible.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

caravelle said:

Why does it say on the orange banner: "A new code especially for you" or something, if WARM-WELCOME is for everyone? I could already read it when I wasn't logged in. But never mind - the code doesn't work anyway: "Coupon code not valid"... Incredible.

WARM-WELCOME is about getting discount on gift cards and that does work.
    DAZZLING does not work, at least on any of the lists currently listed on the promo.
    I think the yellow banner is about extra discount, not about a coupon that has no code, as a coupon with a code would be pretty much useless with the two other coupons.

edited April 9
    EDIT - Nevermind.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,414

PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

DAZZLING does not work, at least on any of the lists currently listed on the promo.
    I think the yellow banner is about extra discount, not about a coupon that has no code, as a coupon with a code would be pretty much useless with the two other coupons.

Right! Thank you, PerttiA!

PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

Then why does the message say coupon?
This discussion has been closed.