[Released] ManFriday’s Figure Converter for Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,438
    edited July 2023

whfield said:

Hi Man,

I just purchased this item, but it does not have a DIM link. I had to download it manually and read the documentation that it should be installed through DIM. Please submit a ticket to have it placed as a DIM download and I will do the same from my side.

Thanks

It's a known issue, they are trying to fix it. In the meantime:

For people who wants to install it manually until it appears in DIM, follow these simple steps:

1. Download it from your Product Library
    2. Put the file(s) you have downloaded in your DIM downloads folder
    3. Start DIM, it should appear in the Ready To Install tab

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 568

FSMCDesigns said:

Any ideas on why this happens? this is the 3rd GF3 body morph (head came out great though) that did this almost exact issue with the hands and arms. I tried adjust rigging to shape, but that didn't help at all

OK, since this is the second report about Genesis 3 deformations, it looks like there is a problem with Genesis 3 body morphs on the arms. Like I said I am currently traveling with my family and don't have my code with me so I can't debug the problem right now. Maybe it is best with Genesis 3 conversions to limit the conversion to creating a head morph for the moment. I will look at it as soon as I get back home. Genesis 8 seems to work OK though.

• eosjean5eosjean5 Posts: 0

DoctorJellybean said:

whfield said:

Hi Man,

I just purchased this item, but it does not have a DIM link. I had to download it manually and read the documentation that it should be installed through DIM. Please submit a ticket to have it placed as a DIM download and I will do the same from my side.

Thanks

For people who wants to install it manually until it appears in DIM, follow these simple steps:

2. Put it in your DIM downloads folder

Hello,

Can you say what is the file we have to put in the DIM downloads foldre ?

Thanks

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

eosjean5 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

whfield said:

Hi Man,

Thanks

2. Put it in your DIM downloads folder

Hello,

Can you say what is the file we have to put in the DIM downloads foldre ?

Thanks

The one you just downloaded from the account page.

• i am getting a error when i click to convert the figure.

"MfFCV: Critical error message box in ManFriday's Figure Converter V1.0.5: Could not convert figure: failed to resolve method DzFileIOSettings::toJsonString()"

Can anyone help me please?

douglasmartinsxd said:

i am getting a error when i click to convert the figure.

"MfFCV: Critical error message box in ManFriday's Figure Converter V1.0.5: Could not convert figure: failed to resolve method DzFileIOSettings::toJsonString()"

Can anyone help me please?

What were you trying to convert?

• douglasmartinsxddouglasmartinsxd Posts: 22
    edited July 2023

Victoria 8.1 figure to g9.

but i tried with another figures and i am getting the same error.

Post edited by douglasmartinsxd on

You'll have to wait for the PA, I've not seen that error before.

• TheRendererTheRenderer Posts: 23
    edited July 2023

I've already seen a few posts about wonky hands and arms appearing post-conversion and just wanted to say that I have noticed the same thing happening but ONLY after I apply a unique G9 pose to the newly converted character (which was originally a G8). Other than that, the character conversion is nearly perfect.

For me at least, the 'bend' slider limits on the hands of these converted characters are very wide  which is leading to some pretty distorted figures.

Post edited by TheRenderer on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,481
    edited July 2023

TheRenderer said:

I've already seen a few posts about wonky hands and arms appearing post-conversion and just wanted to say that I have noticed the same thing happening but ONLY after I apply a unique G9 pose to the newly converted character (which was originally a G8). Other than that, the character conversion is nearly perfect.

For me at least, the 'bend' slider limits on the hands of these converted characters are very wide  which is leading to some pretty distorted figures.

Had the same problem, went into the Joint Editor and adjusted the rigging to shape, then froze the ERC and saved the morph, poses worked fine after that. Don't know if that is a bug in the conversion.

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • PakmulePakmule Posts: 25

I was able to successfully convert my Genesis 8.1 character that has a ton of custom morphs which is awesome. Sadly I can't get the eyes to line up. Can anyone point me to a good resource for aligning the eyes?

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 165

Running into the same problem with the hands.  Conversion from G8 or G8.1 to G9 generally works beautifully as long as both are in default pose -- even works with uniquely morphed G8 characters to G9.  But as soon as I pose the new G9 character, the hands go all wonky with fingers stretching out and going all spaghetti noodle twisty and bendy.

• whfieldwhfield Posts: 47

Hi Man,

I have a question about the 'convert' tab that you created. I had the Figure conversion product installed and like it so I purchased your Pose conversion plug in and installed it. Unfortunately, the 'convert' table only has the Pose converstion plugin information. The Figure conversion information was wiped out for the 'convert' tab. I uninstalled the figure conversion plugin and reinstalled, but it did not place it in the 'convert' tab as before. Place advise on how to get it back in the tab. I do like both products. I just would like to have access to both in the 'convert' tab.

whfield

• edited July 2023

I've not been able to successfully get this to work.  I've followed the instructions, but any G8 character that I've tried to convert I get the following:

---------------------------
    Error — ManFriday's Figure Converter V1.0.5
    <p><b>Could not convert figure.</b></p>
    <p>Failed to find new morph “Temporary high-res morph” in node “tempg8-tgt-ImnOrx4a” figure after conversion; Morph Loader Pro returned: “”.</p>
    OK   

Please assist.

Disregard.  I've figured out the issue and it's working now.  Proceeding on to testing with some of my custom characters.

Post edited by tscompwhiz_71616779d8 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,880

Bunyip02 said:

TheRenderer said:

Had the same problem, went into the Joint Editor and adjusted the rigging to shape, then froze the ERC and saved the morph, poses worked fine after that. Don't know if that is a bug in the conversion.

The PDF that comes with the program does explicitly say that the Adjust-Rigging-to-Shape part might be needed, although it doesn't mention ERC Freeze.

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 165
    edited July 2023

Hmmmm...if I have to manually adjust the rigging in the arms and hands with every conversion, I'm not so sure how useful this tool is going to be.  I have a huge number og G3 and G8 figures, and if I cant convert them without a lot of manual work, I'm not sure how wel this will work for me.

Post edited by RandWulf on
  • leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 859
    edited July 2023

whfield said:

Hi Man,

I have a question about the 'convert' tab that you created. I had the Figure conversion product installed and like it so I purchased your Pose conversion plug in and installed it. Unfortunately, the 'convert' table only has the Pose converstion plugin information. The Figure conversion information was wiped out for the 'convert' tab. I uninstalled the figure conversion plugin and reinstalled, but it did not place it in the 'convert' tab as before. Place advise on how to get it back in the tab. I do like both products. I just would like to have access to both in the 'convert' tab.

whfield

Whfield is not alone with this.

I was making progress using the converter.  Until I installed today's update to the package.  Now I have an empty Convert menu.  Neither the plugin nor the PDF instructions show up in the Convert menu now.  The converter also doesn't show up in the list of plugins from within DAZ Studio.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted, cursed, and am now a bit pouty about it. LOL.

If I put in a trouble ticket it will be asking for a refund.

Lee (still being pouty) 

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • Follow up to my previous post:

Alberto's Fisio plugin was having the same problem.  He posted a fix for it and that works for the Figure Converter as well.  My Convert menu is working again so I can continue to use the plugin/view the PDF.

Lee

• ZiconZicon Posts: 290

I absolutely love how easy this makes it to convert and neutralise gendered shapes, so I can do stuff like turn Freja 8 into her handsome twin brother Frejr 9.

• necroscensionnecroscension Posts: 106
    edited July 2023

Answered before I did... Sorry...

Post edited by necroscension on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,880

There's an update for Figure Converter in DIM. I don't know if that's just the fix needed to get it to show up in DIM at all, or if something else happened, as there's no note in the readme.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,167

How are you guys installing this because I've installed I don't know how many times and I fail to find it. :(

edited July 2023

AllenArt said:

How are you guys installing this because I've installed I don't know how many times and I fail to find it. :(

Nevermind, I found it. I really should RTFM. LOL

Edit: Ok, did RTFM, have the Convert menu but there is nothing under that menu and can't get Contol +Alt+C to work. I'm stumped. **sigh**

Post edited by AllenArt on

After doing more "install, uninstall and reinstall" dancing, I've managed to get it to work (except that the menu is empty and I have to use Control + Alt + C. No biggie). I'm trying to convert a Genesis 3 male, but I'm getting badly deformed hands. Everything else seems to look fine. Any ideas?

• HawaiianzHawaiianz Posts: 10
    edited July 2023

It was working previously, but the latest update (on 7/20) installs the Figure Converter plugin to the wrong directory on macOS.

It should be installing it into:   "Daz 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins/"

But instead it's installing it into:  "Daz 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/4studioAppDirDataOk/plugins/"

The incorrect path is causing the convert menu to not link in Daz, and the plugin won't work at all.

Post edited by Hawaiianz on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,481
    edited July 2023

vwrangler said:

Bunyip02 said:

TheRenderer said:

The PDF that comes with the program does explicitly say that the Adjust-Rigging-to-Shape part might be needed, although it doesn't mention ERC Freeze.

From the PDF manual -

6 After conversion

After the Figure Converter reports a successful morph conversion, there are
    two additional steps you might want to take:

1. You probably want to run “Adjust rigging to shape”. to adjust the target
    figure’s rigging to the new morphs. If you turn on the Joint Editor tool
    when your converted morphs are active and they contain substantial
    displacements, you might find that the figure’s bones no longer align with
    the figgure’s shape: they might be outside the body, or point in awkward
    angles. To fix that, turn on your converted morphs in the target figure
    and select the “Adjust rigging to shape” command, which adjusts the
    bones to the current shape of the figure.

“Edit” -> “Figure” -> “Rigging” -> “Adjust Rigging to Shape”

2. After conversion, your new morphs “live” in the Genesis 9 figure in
    the current scene. To add them to all Genesis 9 figures on the system,
    you need to save them out as morph support assets. The “Conversion
    complete” window (figure 5) has a button for that; see the next section for
    details.

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

RandWulf said:

Hmmmm...if I have to manually adjust the rigging in the arms and hands with every conversion, I'm not so sure how useful this tool is going to be.  I have a huge number og G3 and G8 figures, and if I cant convert them without a lot of manual work, I'm not sure how wel this will work for me.

Adjust rigging to shape doesn't take long, and it is something one often needs to do even without any converted characters/morphs 

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,267

RandWulf said:

ManFriday did say he was presently traveling with his family and will look at the code upon his return so you could check back here once you see ManFriday post on it. 

• Purchased this and my if i go to installed in dim it says that it is. however clt alt c does not work and I can not find it in smart content, content libray, products menu tool bars or windows options.

edited July 2023

soulofthesword_88604559d2 said:

Purchased this and my if i go to installed in dim it says that it is. however clt alt c does not work and I can not find it in smart content, content libray, products menu tool bars or windows options.

Check Help - About Plugins and see if it is listed. Also, are you using DS x32 or x64? It is 64 bit only.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on