[Released] ManFriday’s Figure Converter for Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,364

Thanks, @barbult

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,187

So bought and was excited but have this error pop up..  Need help resolving it.  

Thank you

Richard 

Error.png
    501 x 122 - 8K
  • RAMWolff said:

Thank you

Richard 

How did you install the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials?

The usual way via DIM!  

• RAMWolff said:

Thank you

Richard

If I remember correctly, it has something to do with a G8 and not G9 installation. I'll see if I can find it.

OK, thanks Doc 

• ZiconZicon Posts: 290

RAMWolff said:

Make sure you have both Genesis 3 Starter Essentials and Genesis 8 Starter Essentials installed; Figure Converter requires both.

OK.  Thank you! 

• Zicon said:

RAMWolff said:

Make sure you have both Genesis 3 Starter Essentials and Genesis 8 Starter Essentials installed; Figure Converter requires both.

Correct. I remembered when you said that, as the error message doesn't mention G3.

Got my Gino morph transferred over.  It would be nice to somehow have a batch converter for shapes.  Point to a data folder and convert all that's within over to Genesis 9.  Since I have a folder in the data folder for all my custom shapes that would be ideal.  In the mean time I got this working fine and it's really exact.  Just don't like that I have to waste precious drive space to install Genesis 3 Starter Essentials, figures I've not touched in years!  LOL 

edited October 2023

OK, I am seeing an issue with the eyes.  Any way to fix this and if so what are the instructions to do so?  What are you looking at?  See how either outer side of the eyes are very exposed like the eyes are not big enough for the sockets or need to be moved from the inner out a bit but if I do that, I'm out of practice, what steps do I need to move them and then make sure they stay there when the morph is dialed up?  

Gino Head Eyes Not Good.png
    584 x 763 - 513K
    Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121

RAMWolff said:

OK, I am seeing an issue with the eyes.  Any way to fix this and if so what are the instructions to do so?  What are you looking at?  See how either outer side of the eyes are very exposed like the eyes are not big enough for the sockets or need to be moved from the inner out a bit but if I do that, I'm out of practice, what steps do I need to move them and then make sure they stay there when the morph is dialed up? 

Rig the eyes

Create a custom eyeball morph

OK, thank you.  It's too bad these scripts can't take care of all that in fell swoop.  Also seeing some wavyness around the eye socket so I might have to take every single one of my face morphs into ZBrush to fix them up properly.  Gotta work for these morph transfers I guess!  LOL 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121

RAMWolff said:

OK, thank you.  It's too bad these scripts can't take care of all that in fell swoop.  Also seeing some wavyness around the eye socket so I might have to take every single one of my face morphs into ZBrush to fix them up properly.  Gotta work for these morph transfers I guess!  LOL 

Yup, no magic bullet. Don't forget to update the rigging of the whole character. Shape Rigger Plus for G9 does a great job and takes care of the eye rigging, too, so you don't have to go through all the manual detailed steps that ChangelingChick posted. Her tips were very helpful before Shape Rigger was available, or if you don't own Shape Rigger. You will still need to create an eye morph to make the eyeballs fit, though.

hmm, more things to purchase?  LOL 

WOW, DAZ Tokens took allot of my cart total away.  FINALLY something works in my favor!  LOL  Thanks! 

• horse1412000horse1412000 Posts: 18
    edited October 2023
    I just bought this product and it isn't showing up in daz. Not even content wizard worked. I'm not sure what's wrong? I've tried everything. Its not even on my content database.
    Post edited by horse1412000 on
  • horse1412000 said:

I just bought this product and it isn't showing up in daz. Not even content wizard worked. I'm not sure what's wrong? I've tried everything. Its not even on my content database.

How did you install it, and what version of DS?

• I tried daz central, and dim when that didn't work. Ds is 4.21
  • horse1412000 said:

I tried daz central, and dim when that didn't work. Ds is 4.21

Make sure DS is not running, uninstall and reinstall with DIM. After install, open File Explorer and see if the file MF_figureconverter.dll is in

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

If it is, then there should be a Convert option at the top. If it isn't, click Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus.

Make sure you have the Genesis 3 Starter Essentials installed as well.

Convert.png
    642 x 198 - 10K
  • That worked, thank you!
  • LauritaLaurita Posts: 218

After converting about 20 characters I can say that this is a huge time saver and the results are almost perfect. Although I am still not convinced that G9 is really a game changing improvement.

EV.jpg
    2250 x 1500 - 2M
  • Laurita said:

After converting about 20 characters I can say that this is a huge time saver and the results are almost perfect. Although I am still not convinced that G9 is really a game changing improvement.

I like that! Which character is it?

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 218

It is a personal character, except of (I think) 12% Aurore completely dial spun.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727
    edited November 2023

Sorry for bringing this up again, but I can't seem to wrap my head round the fixing of the eye problems after conversion. Would somebody be so kind to detail the step-by-step process of how to get the G9 eyes to fit and move properly after conversion? Since I only want to convert a few G8 characters, buying Shape Rigger seems a bit extreme.

My converted character's eyes are too small I think, and too far back in the sockets, and they don't move the way they should. I would be ever so grateful really, it's very annoying. Especially since the conversion went really well otherwise. Thanks in advance!

(If it helps, I converted Armand and Warrin by Mousso.)

Edit: I have to go to sleep soon (European time), so I won't be replying for a few hours. But will definitely check tomorrow!)

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • Hi. I have an issue when converting g8/8.1 characters. It cripples the hands and feet when converted to g9. Is there a fix?

• milliethegreat said:

Hi. I have an issue when converting g8/8.1 characters. It cripples the hands and feet when converted to g9. Is there a fix?

“Edit” -> “Figure” -> “Rigging” -> “Adjust Rigging to Shape”

There's some additional discussion on earlier pages of this thread.  

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

Artini said:

Hi, tsroemi

Please check at the beginning of:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/642546/released-manfriday-s-figure-converter-for-genesis-9-commercial/p5

Thank you, I hadn't seen that post! Phew, looks complicated. I really wish there was a way to automate that as well. Anyways, thanks loads! 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,979
    edited November 2023

tsroemi said:

Artini said:

Hi, tsroemi

Please check at the beginning of:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/642546/released-manfriday-s-figure-converter-for-genesis-9-commercial/p5

Thank you, I hadn't seen that post! Phew, looks complicated. I really wish there was a way to automate that as well. Anyways, thanks loads! 

I think there is ,but you need Shape Riggerfor G9 by Zev0  ,don't have it yet myself ,but from what I've read it helps with the eye issues.......

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/647276/shape-rigger-plus-g9-edition-commercial#latest

Post edited by carrie58 on