Website Navigation Update/Testing 2023

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,112

Two changes for me today -the massively obtrusive drop-downs are no longer triggering on the forum and I've actually received half a dozen forum update notifications.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,091

Nice, I don't have to click two times to go to the shop anymore, which was a big negative of the text only drop down menu.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,167

Elor said:

Nice, I don't have to click two times to go to the shop anymore, which was a big negative of the text only drop down menu.

Yes, I got that change today, too!  Right-click on Shop and select Open Link in New Tab.  Great!  But...the drop-downs open if the mouse pointer passes over them and you have to click somewhere to make it go away.  It should just close if the mouse pointer leaves the region, stay open only if the mouse pointer hovers there.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,282
    edited September 2023

A bit of positive feedback: I have now the beautiful and simple version of the menu where upon hover, a drop down appears, and you can right-click (or middle button click) both main menu and the subcategories. It's small, elegant, simple and soooooo convenient. After the huge image menu and the "you-must-click-to-open" one, this is just wonderful. I hope it never goes away.

Post edited by joanna on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832

DanaTA said:

Elor said:

Yes, I got that change today, too!  Right-click on Shop and select Open Link in New Tab.  Great!  But...the drop-downs open if the mouse pointer passes over them and you have to click somewhere to make it go away.  It should just close if the mouse pointer leaves the region, stay open only if the mouse pointer hovers there.

I'm using Firefox on Windows, and it behaves the way you say it should work, not the way it is working for you.

barbult said:

DanaTA said:

Elor said:

I'm using Firefox on Windows, and it behaves the way you say it should work, not the way it is working for you.

Well, here's hoping they get it right for Chrome, too! 

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205
    edited September 2023

Nothing actually happens for me when I hover over "SHOP" in Chrome on Windows 11. I get menus only while I'm hovering for "TECHNOLOGY" and "COMMUNITY," though.

Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832

butterflyfish said:

Nothing actually happens for me when I hover over "SHOP" in Chrome on Windows 11. I get menus only while I'm hovering for "TECHNOLOGY" and "COMMUNITY," though.

I don't think Shop has any submenus. It now works as we asked - a one click access to the shop.

barbult said:

butterflyfish said:

I don't think Shop has any submenus. It now works as we asked - a one click access to the shop.

Yes, or right-click and open in new tab works.  Nothing hanging around after. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,416
    edited September 2023

Well. It's very nice to have the simple menus back; heaven knows why they had to test the cumbersome side bar or picture menu. Probably one of those web design fads, like the tiny font and other bells and whistles.

But unfortunately the menus won't close once you've clicked on them, at least on my iPad. Once I click on a menu, say 'Community', by mistake, it stays open no matter what I do. It should close when I leave it, right?

Post edited by caravelle on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435
    edited October 2023

Something new I just noticed: a new page control in the shop. Current page number is bold, and there is a "return to top" button that appears after scrolling down a bit.

ETA: ...and the paginator is visible at all times, not just at the end of the page.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Thanks for posting this, @NorthOf45, I was too lazy to search for this thread to add the comment.

Bookmarked when it was created. Thought it might be useful.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,034

I wish there was a way (other than the paid version of DAZ Deals) to see what we own

even if a PA filter could be added to our library

it would make it so much easier for DAZ to sell us more so I don't understand why they don't have the option

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I wish there was a way (other than the paid version of DAZ Deals) to see what we own

it would make it so much easier for DAZ to sell us more so I don't understand why they don't have the option

If you use Opera, the latest version of the plugin still shows wishlisted and owned without subscription.

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

If you use Opera, the latest version of the plugin still shows wishlisted and owned without subscription.

it did

doesn't now crying on my PC

WendyLuvsCatz said:

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it did

If the options don't show, wait a few minutes and refresh the page, that usually works 

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it did

If the options don't show, wait a few minutes and refresh the page, that usually works 

tried all that 

Don't you already know what you bought?  Actually, if you use the checkmark, what you have purchased is hidden, so you won't buy it again.  Then, if you see something you like, you can know that you didn't already get it.  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work in those sideways scrolling lists like the +for a day.  But if you click on it, the bright red button that usually says Add to Cart will show you.

If you need to see your inventory, well...I've taken care of that with the saved thumbnails for each product, organized on one of my hard drives by category.  I've been building that for years, so it's pretty complete.  I believe I've talked about it in the past.

I like to see what I have by Vendor, Figure made for etc too

The "Show only Owned" is handy for printing PDF catalogues of what one has bought - Handy and fast way to flip through ones assets

WendyLuvsCatz said:

tried all that 

They are still working for me, I'm using Yandex (Opera based) that uses Opera plugins. 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I like to see what I have by Vendor, Figure made for etc too

Well, I don't categorize by vendor, but otherwise...some screenshots of my data method:

Product Promos a.jpg
    2124 x 616 - 98K
    Product Promos b.jpg
    2103 x 967 - 186K
    Product Promos c.jpg
    2123 x 2061 - 441K
    Product Promos d.jpg
    2108 x 728 - 125K

I drill down deeper than that, too.  As I said, it took me some time to perfect this method.  But i have info back to the V3 and V4 era.  Last images:

Product Promos e.jpg
    2113 x 576 - 106K
    Product Promos f.jpg
    2137 x 778 - 135K
    Product Promos g.jpg
    2221 x 1797 - 609K
    edited October 2023

PerttiA said:

The "Show only Owned" is handy for printing PDF catalogues of what one has bought - Handy and fast way to flip through ones assets

it finally decided to work for me on Opera again today and I saved a PDF of the PA I wanted yes 

I think I solved it, it works for links not navigating to the page

I can only get it for PA's with sigline links

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

I'm probably late to the game, but...

One of the common complaints here was being forced to scroll to the bottom of a regular sales page (with multiple items) to change pages.  I see that Daz has now fixed that.  The page bar at the bottom now floats, so scrolling down is no longer needed.

Thank you Daz!  One small step.

I don't know how long this has been a "feature", but if I set an Artist filter on the main shop page, the URL does not change. If I go to a second, or greater, page, the URL does change. It will go from, say,

"www daz3d com/scream-worthy-recent-items#order=popular^1&filtered=1"

to (using Daz Originals as the Artist, page 2)

"www daz3d com/scream-worthy-recent-items#p=2&filter_vendor=Daz%20Originals&order=popular^1&filtered=1"

Okay, no problem, but if I remove the Artist filter, the URL does not reset to the original, it keeps the current address, with no filter selected, even if the page itself has returned to the original state. If I refresh the page, it will return to the current URL in the address bar, with the previously filtered Artist and page. Selecting another page number will properly set the URL, but that would always require a couple of clicks to get back to the first page. Not critical, but annoying. I have taken to editing the URL in the address bar to make sure I have an unfiltered starting point.

• hjakehjake Posts: 837

Please see attached image. Cascading filters in this webpage layout, in my opinion, is a poor design.

bad-design-2023-11-06_133753.jpg
    367 x 567 - 50K
  • oh hope I don't gef this surprise

hjake said:

Please see attached image. Cascading filters in this webpage layout, in my opinion, is a poor design.

Mine is normal on Opera based browser