Website Navigation Update/Testing 2023

191011121315»

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,430

Okay, the Wishlist heart is showing on products in store lists again. Thanks.

• deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 312

NorthOf45 said:

Now if there was a way to filter sales pages by Wishlist, even better.

• hjakehjake Posts: 837

NorthOf45 said:

Yes my page is all a flutter with little orange hearts. Musbeeluv laugh

Looks like DAZ changed the fonts on the store and forum pages. It looks lighter, more spaced out, with thinner lines. They've also dropped the multi-coloured head from the logo, so it's just text now.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,298

NorthOf45 said:

Looks like DAZ changed the fonts on the store and forum pages. It looks lighter, more spaced out, with thinner lines. They've also dropped the multi-coloured head from the logo, so it's just text now.

... and the text now appears much smaller than it did, I need my stronger reading glasses!

(I tend to be looking at several different things in tabs in my browser, so increasing the Zoom to make Daz forums easier to read makes the others too large!)

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,759

MelanieL said:

... and the text now appears much smaller than it did, I need my stronger reading glasses!

(I tend to be looking at several different things in tabs in my browser, so increasing the Zoom to make Daz forums easier to read makes the others too large!)

If you are using Firefox then search your settings for Fonts and click the Advanced button. In there is a section where you can set the minimum font size. Other browsers should have a similar setting within their settings/preferences. Setting that to something like 16px (currently seems to be set to 14.2222px for comments in the forum) or more should help without having to zoom into every site.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,276

NorthOf45 said:

To me, it doesn't feel easier to read, and it doesn't seem to add anything aethetics-wise either (the bolded thread titles luck heavy and clunky). 

joanna said:

NorthOf45 said:

To me, it doesn't feel easier to read, and it doesn't seem to add anything aethetics-wise either (the bolded thread titles luck heavy and clunky). 

Agreed. It is actually harder to read. Lower contrast relative to the surrounding white, so it looks blurry. It's all about edge detection.

SofaCitizen said:

MelanieL said:

If you are using Firefox then search your settings for Fonts and click the Advanced button. In there is a section where you can set the minimum font size. Other browsers should have a similar setting within their settings/preferences. Setting that to something like 16px (currently seems to be set to 14.2222px for comments in the forum) or more should help without having to zoom into every site.

Thanks, but as I noted in my second sentence: if I do that then the text on all the other sites I visit have annoyingly large letters. (Zoom in Chrome remembers what was selected so no need to zoom into every site)

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,204

NorthOf45 said:

joanna said:

NorthOf45 said:

Agreed. It is actually harder to read. Lower contrast relative to the surrounding white, so it looks blurry. It's all about edge detection.

Yes, it's definitely harder to read. I don't like it at all.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,759

MelanieL said:

SofaCitizen said:

Thanks, but as I noted in my second sentence: if I do that then the text on all the other sites I visit have annoyingly large letters. (Zoom in Chrome remembers what was selected so no need to zoom into every site)

Yes, that is why I suggested an alternative to zoom.

Zoom would be something like "Make every bit of text on every website 20% bigger" - that would do as you had mentioned and make even big text even bigger. What I suggested would be like "Make all text that is 'small' to be a set size but do not increase any text that is bigger". Maybe it still would not work for what you need but it is different to a plain zoom.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997
    I could be mistaken, but it seems like the forum text is even smaller on mobile now than it was a few hours ago. Wonder what it's going to look like by tomorrow...
  • Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 428

NorthOf45 said:

Quite a few people disliked it this time three years ago, so maybe they're hoping everyone just forgot and would magically suddenly like it this time?

edited August 8

SofaCitizen said:

MelanieL said:

SofaCitizen said:

Yes, that is why I suggested an alternative to zoom.

Zoom would be something like "Make every bit of text on every website 20% bigger" - that would do as you had mentioned and make even big text even bigger. What I suggested would be like "Make all text that is 'small' to be a set size but do not increase any text that is bigger". Maybe it still would not work for what you need but it is different to a plain zoom.

Ah! I didn't realise that option existed - when I opened Chrome settings I only saw the "Font Size" option which changed the larger text on other sites to even bigger too. I've just rootled around a bit more and spotted that "Customise fonts" has the parameter you refer to. I've now set minimum font size to be big enough and I'm much happier. Thank you! yes

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,204

The font looks better today. Not sure what they did.

butterflyfish said:

The font looks better today. Not sure what they did.

You may be correct. I thought it was just me getting used to the new font, but it is definitely a bit heavier now.

The Orange Banner(s) have been hiding behind the blue navigation strip on the Forum pages, but are okay on the shop pages.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,166

NorthOf45 said:

The Orange Banner(s) have been hiding behind the blue navigation strip on the Forum pages, but are okay on the shop pages.

I haven't gotten one in a while...I though it was because I don't buy a lot.  But, maybe this is the reason. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,166
    edited August 27

There does seem to be a thin orange line under the blue bar, on the My Bookmarks page.  Could that be an orange banner?

Either way, I checked the main store page, and the banner is there.  They used to appear on any page.  It's fine this way, though.

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,721
    I have had enough of that 30 gets you 30 banner. I've clicked it away at least four times.