Saphirewild's Randomness Renders

Comments

• I love the little kittie alll the way in the back at the display case!  That cat knows where the treats are!

He sure does that little brat!!!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Hey, Saphirewild -

May I suggest turning on some shadows on your kitties?

• dracorn said:

Hey, Saphirewild -

May I suggest turning on some shadows on your kitties?

you know what Dracorn I did not even notice there was no shadows off the cats wow I must have been really tired when posting it.

I am going to go back and fix that now.

• Love the kitties!  I agree with KM that kitten in the back is the smart one lol.

• Really cute scene!  

• Love the kitties!  I agree with KM that kitten in the back is the smart one lol.

I love them all too, but you are right the kitteh in the back is by far the smartest one!!! Thanks for the nice comment Ice Dragon.

Really cute scene!  

Thanks Jack for the nice comment.

• I love the dwarf on the previous page. She looks so despondent! And the kitties in the bakery really tells a great little story.

• I love the dwarf on the previous page. She looks so despondent! And the kitties in the bakery really tells a great little story.

Why thank you Dreamfarmer for the nice comments!! These are the reasons I keep getting better and better!!!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    edited September 2016

Messing around with IRay today, tryed out the emissive thingy on the blades did not turn out the way I wanted it to.

I am posting both IRay renders one with one without emissive!!!

BTW She is another of my creations with the freebie morphs I found on ShareCG

Also I know about the poke through on the boots just could not fix it right so left it as the boots are fro MDC.

IRay Test Render for Emissive.png
    800 x 1294 - 985K
    IRay Test Render.png
    800 x 1294 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited September 2016

Here is one that I just got done rendering in IRay as well took me forever and a day to pose GM2 to the bike surprise This one got to 91% and stopped..

Born To Be Wild 91%.png
    798 x 796 - 676K
  • It looks like your emissives are not bright enough.  The default settings of cd/m2 (or candelas per square meter) really need super high values.  Try switching the units to something like cd/cm2 (candelas per square centimeter). Be aware that when you do, it's going to blow out the color.  Imagine if those swords were actually 150 watt light bulbs.  You wouldn't be able to look at them, and if you could, they'd just be bright white.  For things like magic swords, you might want to consider using a geoshell, making it emissive, and dropping the opacity way down.   Take a look at my comments in this thread.

• It looks like your emissives are not bright enough.  The default settings of cd/m2 (or candelas per square meter) really need super high values.  Try switching the units to something like cd/cm2 (candelas per square centimeter). Be aware that when you do, it's going to blow out the color.  Imagine if those swords were actually 150 watt light bulbs.  You wouldn't be able to look at them, and if you could, they'd just be bright white.  For things like magic swords, you might want to consider using a geoshell, making it emissive, and dropping the opacity way down.   Take a look at my comments in this thread.

Thank you so much Jack for the info I am sure going to try it on the next project I do.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,797

I like your biker in the sunset. Posing someone on that bike really is a hassle as its freaking huge. So well done! And there is a union jack on the helmet hehe

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited September 2016

Messing around with IRay today, tryed out the emissive thingy on the blades did not turn out the way I wanted it to.

Also I know about the poke through on the boots just could not fix it right so left it as the boots are fro MDC.

I really like her outfit and weapons! Looking good! :)

If you want a glow to the weapons you can tweak the emissive to make it glow better. 

After you turn something into an emissive try switching the "Luminance Units" to "W" (it will be under the "surfaces tab").

After you change it to "W", right under it will be "Luminance Efficiency" and you can adjust the brightness from there. :)

That usually does a better glow, imo. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Linwelly said:

I like your biker in the sunset. Posing someone on that bike really is a hassle as its freaking huge. So well done! And there is a union jack on the helmet hehe

Thank you so much Linwelly, I had a time I tell ya to pose him just right on the bike as I wanted him to look like he was reving the motor.

the union jack on the helmet is well.....(Not being offesive to anyone) not what I would have chosen, personally it would have been a canadian flag on it instead.

I really like her outfit and weapons! Looking good! :)

If you want a glow to the weapons you can tweak the emissive to make it glow better. 

After you turn something into an emissive try switching the "Luminance Units" to "W" (it will be under the "surfaces tab").

After you change it to "W", right under it will be "Luminance Efficiency" and you can adjust the brightness from there. :)

That usually does a better glow, imo. :)

Thank you so much for making it easy to follow what you were saying Diva, I am definately going to try that the next time I work on that one.

• Love that 'bike at sunset' picture. Very striking! I like how you loaded the bike.

• Thank you so much Dreamfarmer for the comments.

• Great job on the biker.  don't forget you can save the pose for future use as well.

• Yes I did just that as soon as it was done if I can ever learn how to package up my poses I will share them on ShareCG someday.

edited September 2016

Here is a slow go at another IRay render with yet another charactor named Mochia I did up from my free Morphs!!!

Iray trail.png
    1146 x 1433 - 2M
  • She came out really nicely, Saphire!

Fierce expression too!

• Thanks so much it took me well over 2 hours straight on to get the charactor just right (face and bodywise) then another 10 mins or so for the right expressions. Then the render (which only went to 83%) took about 4 hours.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,797

Seems the weapons are working now in Iray! She looks dangerous, I wouldn't want to mess with her. I like that her muscles got some good definition.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Mochia is very nice! yes  One tiny thing- watch putting that blade (the one on OUR right) running parallel with her cheek. Perhaps move it out a tad? Otherwise, she's got a great power pose and perfect expression- quite a force to be reckoned with. And her name is very pretty. Original?

• I agree with Linwelly.  Posing on a bike is really hard.  There is a reason, the one render I did with a bike, the guy was leaning against his ride.  I hadn't learned a lot of the finer points in posing at the time!  You did good!

I love what you did with this latest image.  It looks really good and I love how far your skills have come along since you first started using DS!  :)

• I agree with Linwelly.  Posing on a bike is really hard.  There is a reason, the one render I did with a bike, the guy was leaning against his ride.  I hadn't learned a lot of the finer points in posing at the time!  You did good!

I love what you did with this latest image.  It looks really good and I love how far your skills have come along since you first started using DS!  :)

Thank you so much KM for the very kind words, that is what keeps me going on learning more and more about posing and Morphing and such.

I have saved the posing butttt I still have to figure out how it can be used for each of the generations.

• Linwelly said:

Seems the weapons are working now in Iray! She looks dangerous, I wouldn't want to mess with her. I like that her muscles got some good definition.

Yes the weapons are working very well now in IRay but still trying to work out how to get a good glow on the blades to make it look more dramtic.

Novica said:

Mochia is very nice! yes  One tiny thing- watch putting that blade (the one on OUR right) running parallel with her cheek. Perhaps move it out a tad? Otherwise, she's got a great power pose and perfect expression- quite a force to be reckoned with. And her name is very pretty. Original?

I did not relize that the blade was so close to her cheek Novica, thank you so much for pointing it out to me.

also her name Mochia is Original (I hope) as her name is from my granddaughter (she said "Nana she looks like a Mochia")laugh

edited October 2016

Here is an attempt at rendering glass in IRay (as you can see it did not work too well)

Titled: Family Returned

Family returned.png
    1500 x 927 - 3M
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Wow ! Saphire, you've certainly been busy creating more cool images.  Last image could use more lighting/render time, otherwise great job.  Dog cracks me up, thinkin whaterver, Lol !!!!   

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Here is an attempt at rendering glass in IRay (as you can see it did not work too well)

Titled: Family Returned

Try cropping this a little closer to the couple and then let it cool longer, I think the glass will show up much better.  I just think it needs more time to finish to get rid of the grain, then the glass will look better.  Glass always takes a LONG time lol