The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• My dad took a crash course in weight loss over August. He took a dose of Covid 19 & Endocarditis together and lost 70-80 lb in about 10 days. He's not put anything back on since. It's pretty drastic, and in all honesty he wasn't expected to survive. Oh, did I mention the fact he's 92?

Regards,

Richard

• Complaint: My fairy Godmother showed up a little bit ago; after I picked up my meds, she Goes Bitty Boppity Boo, you just overdrew. She is a little winch sometimes.

Non-Complaint: I fill that account back up.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

Apparently I will have better luck getting AA batteries from Amazon if I search for AA batteries not AAA batteries.

Apparently I will have better luck getting AA batteries from Amazon if I search for AA batteries not AAA batteries.  I want to give my stepfather some batteries.

giftnotincluded.jpg
    526 x 526 - 47K
  • Sfariah D said:

Apparently I will have better luck getting AA batteries from Amazon if I search for AA batteries not AAA batteries.  I want to give my stepfather some batteries.

will it make him clap cymbals together?

I won't ask where ... 

• Regarding the clapping of cymbols:  What happens if you hit an ampersand with a circumflex?indecision

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited December 2023

Complaint: I've been geeting even more clodflare errors than usual. Did DAZ forget to feed the server hamsters? 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

Complaint: I've been geeting even more clodflare errors than usual. Did DAZ forget to feed the server hamsters? 

and I guess that is how I somehow did a double post? 

I don't know why but I keep finding myself having to update DIM everytime I go back to it.  I am trying to download my content but I keep getting asked to update DIM.

• Richard Haseltine said:

sazzyazzca said:

AgitatedRiot said:

No matter how old cats get. They will always love boxes. My oldest cat we got in 2008, found in a tree during a flood.

Your cat is the spitting image of one we used to have at my work years ago.

I've had this box for at least 5 years. They will shred or chew other boxes (even if they sleep in them too), but they use this one exclusively as a prime lounging area because the window faces south. The three on the left are siblings. The one on the right is dumb as a rock but extremely sweet. They are rescues as well.

Escher cats

LOL!! heartheartheart

It is!!! Hahaha! laugh

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,901
    edited December 2023

Sfariah D said:

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah D said:

I don't know why but I keep finding myself having to update DIM everytime I go back to it.  I am trying to download my content but I keep getting asked to update DIM.

Well... Let me tell you about the adventure I've been on for the last couple days... I think it qualifies as a complaint..

My PC started randomly crashing. Blue screen. Saying Driver IRQL not less or equal ..blah blah blah...

Which I have no idea what that means, so I contact Microsoft and they run me through a bunch of stuff... A cold boot, an update... several days, kept crashing. So I go to check my video driver settings in the software, but the software won't load. Tells me the driver I have is not compatible... ????

So I go to the driver update page and update my driver. So far, so good. Things were working and my system stopped crashing. Cool. 

Next day... happened all over again. Couldn't access my driver software, got the same incompatiblilty error message... and I'm thinking, "huh?" So I do it again...

Happened again the next day...

The problem? Windows... for whatever reason... didn't recognize my CORRECT updated driver and kept reverting back to an older one that was crashing my system. AND I COULDN'T figure out how to make it stop doing it. Finally... an agent from Microsoft took control of my pc and made a few adjustments and seems to have made it stop doing that... for now. I have no idea how long it will last. But, it was extremely frustrating! LOL

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 2023

LeatherGryphon said:

Regarding the clapping of cymbols:  What happens if you hit an ampersand with a circumflex?indecision

...you get a "splat".

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...got back home from a meeting tonight, fired up the Forums, and immediatly got a Bad Gateway error.  

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

kyoto kid said:

...got back home from a meeting tonight, fired up the Forums, and immediatly got a Bad Gateway error.  

A lot of gateways are getting coal in their stockings this year. 

...aparently.  

The Gateway Transit Centre here in Portland OR will be "off line" for 6 weeks starting in mid January to finish last expansion phase for the LRT line that goes to the airport, but that is a legitimate reason.  At least they held the project off until after the holdiay travel season.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

It's so scary here, I can hear my own thoughts.

• JasmineSkunk said:

Sfariah D said:

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah D said:

Well... Let me tell you about the adventure I've been on for the last couple days... I think it qualifies as a complaint..

My PC started randomly crashing. Blue screen. Saying Driver IRQL not less or equal ..blah blah blah...

Which I have no idea what that means, so I contact Microsoft and they run me through a bunch of stuff... A cold boot, an update... several days, kept crashing. So I go to check my video driver settings in the software, but the software won't load. Tells me the driver I have is not compatible... ????

So I go to the driver update page and update my driver. So far, so good. Things were working and my system stopped crashing. Cool. 

Next day... happened all over again. Couldn't access my driver software, got the same incompatiblilty error message... and I'm thinking, "huh?" So I do it again...

Happened again the next day...

The problem? Windows... for whatever reason... didn't recognize my CORRECT updated driver and kept reverting back to an older one that was crashing my system. AND I COULDN'T figure out how to make it stop doing it. Finally... an agent from Microsoft took control of my pc and made a few adjustments and seems to have made it stop doing that... for now. I have no idea how long it will last. But, it was extremely frustrating! LOL

You managed to talk to a peson at Microsoft? And get support from them?

Richard Haseltine said:

JasmineSkunk said:

You managed to talk to a peson at Microsoft? And get support from them?

That sounds suspicious.

Non-complaint; The temperatures are predicted to rise above freezing for the next week

Complaint:  I feel this Categorization may violate the TOS:

interior.png
    574 x 429 - 136K
  • Complaint: There's a nutcase running around my neighborhood shooting at dumpsters with a .22 semi automatic. It's progressed from "every once in a while late at night" to "every night around seven o'clock" and it feels like it's only a matter of time before it also progresses to a person (or persons) getting shot as well. His preferred shooting spot/dumpster victim is located in a busy alley backed by plenty of apartments, and it scares me to imagine what might happen should someone drive or walk through there at the exact wrong moment.

• Blando Calrissian said:

Complaint: There's a nutcase running around my neighborhood shooting at dumpsters with a .22 semi automatic. It's progressed from "every once in a while late at night" to "every night around seven o'clock" and it feels like it's only a matter of time before it also progresses to a person (or persons) getting shot as well. His preferred shooting spot/dumpster victim is located in a busy alley backed by plenty of apartments, and it scares me to imagine what might happen should someone drive or walk through there at the exact wrong moment.

surprise Well that's terrifying! Can the police not do anything? 

• Police interest has kicked up a notch now that he's started shooting on a nightly basis. There's enough of us witnesses to identify the guy, but they still have to catch him.

An officer I spoke with last night told me that they suspect that he lives in the immediate area, which allows him to quickly get off the streets while the police cars start circling the block looking for him.

• Somebody is on the streets with a weapon? Even a gun? The fact it happens at all should be a reason for the Police to be out, let alone remaining sanguine until it becomes a nightly event when the weapon is discharged. Flip me. The last time I even saw a gun was.. so many years ago I can't remember. Regards, Richard.
  • Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 507
    edited December 2023

richardandtracy said:

Somebody is on the streets with a weapon? Even a gun? The fact it happens at all should be a reason for the Police to be out, let alone remaining sanguine until it becomes a nightly event when the weapon is discharged. Flip me. The last time I even saw a gun was.. so many years ago I can't remember. Regards, Richard.

I've watched the police response grow from "probably an idiot doing a reckless idiot thing" to "holy crap this guy's not going to stop" over the last month or so. Last night they had squad cars patrolling the alleys.

Although I'm pretty sure he just fired off another 9-10 shots a few blocks to the north.

It's noon.

EDIT: Indeed, that was him, shooting a block away from here. His first daytime shooting and also his very last, as the cops were on him in minutes. Thank goodness.

Post edited by Blando Calrissian on
    edited December 2023

I am trying to get ideas for renders by using an AI image generator.  I am doing this mainly because I am having problems with my One Drive.  I wish I could use the help of MS support on the phone?  I don't like this version of OneDrive!

edit: I think I need a bigger HDD.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 2023

Honestly, I'm threatened by dumpsters quite a bit... I get wanting to knock them down a notch... they are big scary metal boxes... where do they come from?... Why are they in every ally and back lot?

Have you ever noticed how they are usually all the same shade of green... and if they are yellow or orange, they are usually full of medical waste and mutated raccoons or possums... mostly raccoons... and why are there always so many raccoons in general just hanging out in dumpsters?... And even when they are empty... they're full of raccoons... it's like a raccoon discotheque or lecture hall... 

And are they really real raccoons?... where are they getting the money for those little cowboy hats and stylish vests?... None of the raccoons I know hang out in dumpsters or wear hats... well, one but he's very fashion conscious... But these random raccoons?... You rummage around in a random dumpster and you find at least four or five strange raccoons wearing hats, that don't live in the neighborhood... seems awfully suspicious, like if I were pushing random conspiracy theories, I'd definitely be insinuating that these are aliens dressed as raccoons and the dumpsters are their spaceships...

I don't think that's a rational implication, but does anything have to be rational these days?... I mean you can just say stuff and make up facts and at least three or four people will believe you... maybe even a million... big strong burly people that never cried as babies will come up to me with tears in their eyes and thank me for explaining to them that the raccoons who've been throwing their trash all over the place are actually sophisticated aliens that are part of a plot to steal their livers and the trash thing is just a diversion and not that it has anything to do with not putting the lid on their trash can... They say "Sir, I never realized space aliens posing as raccoons were throwing my trash everywhere so they could distract me and take my liver when I wasn't looking..." 

So yeah... I'd shoot at dumpsters too... these are scary times and you never know what to get panicked about next, so shooting random objects in the night seems like a reasonable decision.

Probably... 

All I'm saying is watch your liver tonight... sleep with one hand over it and stay frosty peeps.

Post edited by McGyver on

I think chives work well with baked potatoes.

Sfariah D said:

I think chives work well with baked potatoes.

You would think so, but after they get home from work the chives do nothing but complain about their coworker. 

...they also work well in cream cheese 

This discussion has been closed.