There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    joanna said:

doubledeviant said:

(Speaking of #3... Can we please get one of those "complete/claim the bundle" offers?)

I think there hasn't been one for nearly a year now... :(

2023-06-01 was the last one, as far as I know, so yeah, almost a year.

With all of the deep discounts on large bundles during various sales, I have 30+ smaller bundles (for which I already have all parts) cluttering the sale pages. :|
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

With the wishlist sales (which stacked) and other great sales such as the Neanderthal 9 P Pro Bundle. I way overspent and completlely obliterated my store credit. We really need a good gift card sale before i can buy more. Please, please, please.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Charlie Judge said:

With the wishlist sales (which stacked) and other great sales such as the Neanderthal 9 P Pro Bundle. I way overspent and completlely obliterated my store credit. We really need a good gift card sale before i can buy more. Please, please, please.

Yeah, I thought I was safe having $27 store credit left and being Wednesday, no such luck...

NoLuck.JPG
    847 x 690 - 84K
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

PerttiA said:

Yeah, I thought I was safe having $27 store credit left and being Wednesday, no such luck...

I'm shielded from a lot of spending due to a lack of tokens. I just don't have that frequent flier spirit, so I have to wait for the sales to do the heavy lifting for me.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Charlie Judge said:

they stack? what you have to buy to get that, or what?

daveso said:

Charlie Judge said:

they stack? what you have to buy to get that, or what?

That was yesterday. The WISH-GRANTED multiuse coupon stacked with the wishlist sale for buying an item from the days Welcome series artist.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

This is weird, the Atlas Hair G8M from PerttiA's cart is 1.99 in mine, too, but I can't figure out where that price comes from, I can't get any other DO down to that. Does anyone know what the trick is?  

Torquinox said:

PerttiA said:

I'm shielded from a lot of spending due to a lack of tokens. I just don't have that frequent flier spirit, so I have to wait for the sales to do the heavy lifting for me.

The cart I showed, uses no tokens 

PerttiA said:

The cart I showed, uses no tokens 

Good point. Still not sure I'd have bought that cart. I have a lot of new stuff now and I've been really spoiled by recent sales. Also out of daz+ coupons. It's all good.

• jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 482

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

This is weird, the Atlas Hair G8M from PerttiA's cart is 1.99 in mine, too, but I can't figure out where that price comes from, I can't get any other DO down to that. Does anyone know what the trick is?  

Propschick has a number of items in the $1.99 selection and the top-selling selection that trigger the discount...it's triggering the discount on itself.

jjmainor said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

Propschick has a number of items in the $1.99 selection and the top-selling selection that trigger the discount...it's triggering the discount on itself.

Yeah, I also just figured that out and came back to post, lol. Thanks anyways! 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    The "Personalized Savings" savings banner is dated 4/23 but didn't pop up until today (4/24), and it doesn't list an expiration date for the coupon. It does seem to be working today, but it sure would be nice to know when it expires, ya know?
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

Well, after the stacking wishlist sales in the last days (with some of the PA's older items being discounted too, so they'd discount themselves as part of the wishlist discount), I wasn't planning on buying anything. But then I noticed, that Snow Queen Pro Bundle is on the welcome sales page (Propschick has hair in it, so it's included in the welcome selection) and it's down to $31 and change. When I put it into the cart, it discounted itself even more, because it has been on my wishlist. Then, there was that banner for extra savings. With a new release, two other items (to get the best of the wishlist and the banner), and the $1.99 bonus item (from the welcome sale) my cart was just under $23, and the pro bundle's final price was $11.03.

For deals like that... yeah, take my money, Daz.

• jjmainor said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

Oh thank goodness for your comment, I was going a little batty just now trying to play "Dude, where's my discount?"
  • imaginaryvillainimaginaryvillain Posts: 3
    edited April 25

Starting to realize there's never going to be a good sale on Interactive Licenses, (them being 60% off usually means they're $20). Just one problem, whole game ready models on the UE marketplace often go on sale for that or less.

Not going to lie, given how much work it takes to make Daz models game ready, the Interactive license should be $5 at most, especially since you often need more than one per character.

Increasingly I’ve spent my money at the UE marketplace, though I do still check back here daily hoping for a real sale on the Interactive Licenses. Not any real reason to buy other stuff until I have those, and eventually it will have just taken too long to matter. 

Oh well, enough complaining from me, back to the shadows to watch and wait. Going to be interesting which happens first, UE marketplace renders you guys pointless, or you make prices tempting enough to actually buy something.

Post edited by imaginaryvillain on

So glad that I didn't use the coupon from yesterday's orange banner...
    I don't think $16.45 is too much for John 9 HD bundle wink

John9HD.PNG
    854 x 794 - 140K
  • mnpalamnpala Posts: 56

I used an orange banner yesterday thinking it was only for yesterday (as it said today). Today another orange banner comes up saying extra savings.

Is it the same banner from yesterday? i.e. if I used yesterdays then I can't use todays?

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 336
    edited April 25

mnpala said:

I used an orange banner yesterday thinking it was only for yesterday (as it said today). Today another orange banner comes up saying extra savings.

Is it the same banner from yesterday? i.e. if I used yesterdays then I can't use todays?

Probably a different banner. Easiest way to test is to put something in your cart and then apply the voucher code. It'll tell you if it's invalid.

You can check all the unexpired banners you have, including any you've dismissed, here: https://www.daz3d.com/notifier/inbox. Note, unexpired doesn't necessarily mean it's still valid - you may have already used it the number of times permitted. When I get an orange banner, I go there first because sometimes there are more banners hiding beneath the banner you got. If you dismiss a banner in that case, the next banner will pop up. I don't tend to dismiss banners in case there's only the one - I've a habit of forgetting I've a banner, so I like to keep a visual reminder at the top of the site.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,309

PerttiA said:

So glad that I didn't use the coupon from yesterday's orange banner...
    I don't think $16.45 is too much for John 9 HD bundle wink

Rats! I used mine yesterday. (I did get the Snow Queen Bundle dirt cheap though, so not all bad) 

what bundle is dirt cheap today? I'm not seeing any. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I think I used the wrong coupon

I didn't buy much though so probably didn't matter, $8.57 for the Pellae outfit is not bad

edited April 25

daveso said:

John 9 Pro Bundle can be had for $16.45 if combined with the right items, banner discount, and add 8 tokens. See Perttia's cart above. He got a good deal, but it's not a deal I can match with only 1 token about to expire. Also, he has stuff in that cart that don't interest me. These are just not the sales I'm looking for. YMMV.

Post edited by Torquinox on

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

John 9 Pro Bundle can be had for $16.45 if combined with the right items, banner discount, and add 8 tokens. See Perttia's cart above. He got a good deal, but it's not a deal I can match with only 1 token about to expire. Also, he has stuff in that cart that don't interest me. These are just not the sales I'm looking for. YMMV.

You can get it to something like 35,00 without tokens if the bundle was in your wishlist and you use the 'new vendors' promo on that, then add something new and then use the coupon from the orange bannner yesterday - I think that's about what I did, though with the starter bundle once I figured this out. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723

Today's mix-and-match sale magic:
    (disclosure: I wasn't interested in anything in the BatB, cavepeople, or Heaven/Hell packs)

• 1 VYK item (wishlist item #1)
      • triggered its own welcome artist wishlist 50% off 3 discount
      • banner discount (30% off 3, with new release, triggered by Keely, below)
    • Keely character for $2 (triggered by VYK, also triggers new release discount of extra 30% off 3 from banner)
    • Classic daz for $2 (triggered by VYK)
    • 2 items from wishlist
      • already on 65% off from some other discount, I didn't bother figuring out what
      • welcome artist wislist items #2 & #3
      • banner discount items #2 & #3

The #2 and #3 items came it at recent best and 13-cents above, respectively, but I figured the fact that the VYK item and the classic daz came out more than a $1 below made up for it. And it was all on store credit from that 30% gift card sale at the end of February, which brought the final price (with tax) down to $12.62.

And best of all, everything on the list was holding me up from doing specific renders... with the exception of Keely, but I think she'd fit perfect for one of the minor, kinda-nebulous-in-my-head characters I hadn't found someone for yet. So she's a steal, too.

I hadn't figured I'd be doing any more shopping this month (I tend to average one sale that's worthwhile for me), but I was pleasantly surprised. Thank you, Daz!

I didn't pull the trigger on buying the Neanderthal 9 Pro bundle and had a pleasant site this morning. It had dropped another 10%. Sometimes waiting works as long as DAZ doesn't cut you off at the knees with ending the overall sale early. 

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited April 27

I got the Nikolai 9 HD Mega Bundle very cheap some 12 hours ago when I saw it included in my lightning deals. It had a base discount of 86%, which is not that great. But with the extra 50 % off after I included one item from the welcome artists and the $6 off from one of my two monthly coupons, I got it for a very good price. And today I feel I'm gonna be spending a lot, since I've got much store credit, there are good base prices on many items and with the sales extra discounts these can get even cheaper.

Post edited by Jumbotron on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...done for the month, used up all my tokens and my Daz+ DO coupon last night and was able to get what I wanted at such a low total price didnt even qualify for a new token.

edited April 27

kyoto kid said:

...done for the month, used up all my tokens and my Daz+ DO coupon last night and was able to get what I wanted at such a low total price didnt even qualify for a new token.

Well done! I've had no coupons left since the 21st. Last night, I did get an LD offer for a Pro Bundle that I actually would like to buy, but it was not buying time for me. It'll come up again.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • jd641jd641 Posts: 454

Amelia 9 is priced at $38 but the starter bundle is priced at $22 is this right?

jd641 said:

Amelia 9 is priced at $38 but the starter bundle is priced at $22 is this right?

Yes, it is probably right. Sometimes this happens when there is a sale with a deep discount on the bundles. As an additional note even the Amelia 9 HD Pro bundle is a few pennies less than the character by itself. 

This discussion has been closed.