There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,323

The wishlist sale today is a bit odd.  Looks at your wishlist from a week ago, rather than yesterday.

• NathraiNathrai Posts: 67

thistledownsname said:

The wishlist sale today is a bit odd.  Looks at your wishlist from a week ago, rather than yesterday.

I found this odd, too - but it doesn't even work, I can't add items I wishlisted during March Madness, so well before the 8th. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

How old was tyhe product, or what was the product?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Nathrai said:

thistledownsname said:

I found this odd, too - but it doesn't even work, I can't add items I wishlisted during March Madness, so well before the 8th. 

Are those whishlisted items marked "new"? I know it's not listed as a restriction but big discounts offers often don't work on new items.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Leana said:

Nathrai said:

thistledownsname said:

Are those whishlisted items marked "new"? I know it's not listed as a restriction but big discounts offers often don't work on new items.

And it is not a restriction. I have some new items that were wishlisted prior to 8 April and that it is working with.

frank0314 said:

I tried with quite a few, all of them old enough to no longer have the new-flag set.

One is https://www.daz3d.com/monster-mashup-goblins-for-genesis-9 - which should be one of the first items I wishlisted this year, so WELL before the 8th.

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 182
    edited April 16

Today I manged to find some acceptable deals and made multiple orders to try to cover as many as possible and not conflict with each other.

My REAL QUESTION IS: is there any way to see how many Daz tokens you currently have?

I did have a bookmark made quite a while ago to a page where it would show you that information, but that page is now just general information about the token program.

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-tokens

Post edited by pctech4ny on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,998
    Adding something to your shopping cart is the only way to check that I'm aware of, unfortunately.
  • pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 182

AlmightyQUEST said:

Adding something to your shopping cart is the only way to check that I'm aware of, unfortunately.

34 left. Let's see who the featured artists will be the next few days and maybe I might use them - otherwise there are full-price items still in my wishlist I can burn them on.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

My purchases are slowing down, but not just due to DAZ's marketing, the Rendo artists' arrival, or the world at large. I took a hard look at my finances and while I was setting up my new Win 11 laptop, I examined my existing purchases from DAZ, Rendo, HiveWire, and freeebies. How many I have never used or find I can't use due to my lack of skill or frustration with my hardware (Win 10 and OS). I am also kind of anal about metadata, and after dealing with old products, Poser era, and the RuntimeDNA items that were purchased by DAZ with no metadata also, to find the Rendo items came with no metadata also, is frustrating. At least when I bought it directly from Renderosity or Hivewire, I can import it with Content Wizard and have most of the work done for me. Just have to fix the bits the program can't handle. I have found I bought two of the same outfits from Rendo with two different sku's, two different versions of PAs' names, the identical outfit but a year or so apart. So it is not so easy to remember what you have.

If I currently own a product that I find useful, well made, and I can convert it up the generations without issue, I have no issue with installing it again onto a new computer, nor buying a new one from an older generation if it is something I can use today. Or a pose set. Bone Minion works quite well for me. Characters now, well, G8 taught me to be careful not to overbuy.

Regarding AI, may I suggest that AI adjusted promos and renders could be posted with a label as 'AI modified and not true to the product as purchased'. How many photos/renders have we admired to find out it was heavily modified in Photoshop?

Mary

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Lack of adequate metadata is not such a problem with products bought here IF you use Content Library>Products>1-Z to locate them. I can count on one hand the times a product was listed under a name different to the one it has in the store (and in those cases, its name in DIM was the same as its listing in Products).

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited April 17

Nathrai said:

frank0314 said:

I tried with quite a few, all of them old enough to no longer have the new-flag set.

One is https://www.daz3d.com/monster-mashup-goblins-for-genesis-9 - which should be one of the first items I wishlisted this year, so WELL before the 8th.

It works for me for that wish-listed item

Edit:Not a must have for me . . .  it was 6.00 once upon a time so I am willing to wait and willing to lose out on it..

2024-04-17.JPG
    977 x 257 - 30K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on

ArtAngel said:

Edit:Not a must have for me . . .  it was 6.00 once upon a time so I am willing to wait and willing to lose out on it..

Sadly, didn't work for me today, either. I guess something about the deadline is buggy and it does NOT only go back to last week. Maybe it's set to the same date last year and you put it in your wishlist before that?

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Nathrai said:

ArtAngel said:

Sadly, didn't work for me today, either. I guess something about the deadline is buggy and it does NOT only go back to last week. Maybe it's set to the same date last year and you put it in your wishlist before that?

You may be quite right. Sometime in 2023 shortly after the release was about the time I wish listed it.
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

AI would be proud (from this new release).

EthnoMod Outfit Textures Add-On by: Mada, 3D Models by Daz 3D

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,701

LOL

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015

Not sure the point of the Four Days of Daz+ if you don't have a Daz+ sub. lol

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Ghosty12 said:

even at 50% off there's really no point. DAZ items are often discounted hiigher than this, and its not additive either nor does it increase DAZ+ item discounting.  

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

daveso said:

even at 50% off there's really no point. DAZ items are often discounted hiigher than this, and its not additive either nor does it increase DAZ+ item discounting.  

Perhaps it will improve over the weekend. I hope it improves laugh

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

daveso said:

Ghosty12 said:

Well, it is a bit of a savings for DAZ+ members. The 30% off DOs is increased to 50% and it does stack with tokens, coupons, etc. 

• I've a couple G9 pro bundles in my cart at $12 (93%) off. It's decent enough when it stacks with things you would buy anyway.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

Ghosty12 said:

It's not even an offer that works to be tempting to convince a re-sub to Daz+ so probably fails in every direction you look haha 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Love the fact that adding new artists items now causes my prices to double.... (70% wishlist "discount" overrides current offer)

Guess I am not buying any new artists products.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Tomhip said:

Love the fact that adding new artists items now causes my prices to double.... (70% wishlist "discount" overrides current offer)

Guess I am not buying any new artists products.

Remove that item from your whishlist and you should get the bigger discount.

• Would love to take advantage of the Wishlist sale - but I have Negative Infinity % interest in skimpware, fetishwear, fetish heels, graphic anatomy, etc. If the Power age issue had been fixed in a timely manner, or I should've got some jewelry from the Monday artist.

Maybe there'll be another catch up tomorrow.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

theflarf said:

Ghosty12 said:

It's not even an offer that works to be tempting to convince a re-sub to Daz+ so probably fails in every direction you look haha 

In practice it's Extra 30% off 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,159

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Would love to take advantage of the Wishlist sale - but I have Negative Infinity % interest in skimpware, fetishwear, fetish heels, graphic anatomy, etc. If the Power age issue had been fixed in a timely manner, or I should've got some jewelry from the Monday artist.

Ditto. Aside from Fabiana the new Rendo imports have mostly those. The ugly xmas sweater is the only one I'm at all interested in. 

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209

lou_harper said:

Would love to take advantage of the Wishlist sale - but I have Negative Infinity % interest in skimpware, fetishwear, fetish heels, graphic anatomy, etc. If the Power age issue had been fixed in a timely manner, or I should've got some jewelry from the Monday artist.

Ditto. Aside from Fabiana the new Rendo imports have mostly those. The ugly xmas sweater is the only one I'm at all interested in. 

Agreed. It's reminding me why I rarely shop at Rendo these days. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,852

butterflyfish said:

lou_harper said:

That's just what I was thinking. And now the Daz store is starting to look the same.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

barbult said:

butterflyfish said:

lou_harper said:

That's just what I was thinking. And now the Daz store is starting to look the same.

You're disregarding quite a lot here, methinks. Lully has lots of wonderful dresses, period and contemporary, Wolfie has very nice dresses as well, Lilflame has the cool puffer jackets ... Yes, there's lots of skimpies, but surely not mostly. 

This discussion has been closed.