There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• tsroemi said:

barbult said:

butterflyfish said:

lou_harper said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Would love to take advantage of the Wishlist sale - but I have Negative Infinity % interest in skimpware, fetishwear, fetish heels, graphic anatomy, etc. If the Power age issue had been fixed in a timely manner, or I should've got some jewelry from the Monday artist.

Maybe there'll be another catch up tomorrow.

Ditto. Aside from Fabiana the new Rendo imports have mostly those. The ugly xmas sweater is the only one I'm at all interested in. 

Agreed. It's reminding me why I rarely shop at Rendo these days. 

That's just what I was thinking. And now the Daz store is starting to look the same.

You're disregarding quite a lot here, methinks. Lully has lots of wonderful dresses, period and contemporary, Wolfie has very nice dresses as well, Lilflame has the cool puffer jackets ... Yes, there's lots of skimpies, but surely not mostly. 

I was just about to say - I bought several Lully garments that are mostly historical in nature and not skimpy or stereotypically fetishy. It would be nice if there wasn't the Lost and Found content issue, but I'm happy with the actual products and am willing to work around that.

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876

I also really liked many of Lully's dresses. I got the Chemise a la Reine, and also the Lilium dress which like a number of their outfits would work for film noir and 1920s settings and things. 

Which ones did you get paulawp? I didn't have time to peruse their whole store closely. I wouldn't mind getting or wishlisting a few more of their historical offerings...

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689
    edited April 19

SapphireBlue said:

I also really liked many of Lully's dresses. I got the Chemise a la Reine, and also the Lilium dress which like a number of their outfits would work for film noir and 1920s settings and things. 

Which ones did you get paulawp? I didn't have time to peruse their whole store closely. I wouldn't mind getting or wishlisting a few more of their historical offerings...

Sorry for butting in, but I've been buying Lully dresses over at Rendo for ages and so have quite the library. The A la reine and the Lilium are gorgeous for sure, I would also suggest the Poetria gown (will add link in a sec). It is so, so beautiful and well made, and drapes wonderfully, and you can use it in a lot of different settings.

Lully also seems a really nice person, by the by. They made a set of Victorian curls once and just gave it to me when i admired it. That was such a sweet thing to do.

Here's the link: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-poetria-gown-for-g8f It looks a bit lackluster maybe in the promos, somehow they seem way smaller than at the other store - it has a beautiful ruffled collar that drapes amazingly, as well as ruffled cuffs.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • edited April 19

The first couple artists and Powerage had things I found more appealing, but I couldn't buy until yesterday, unfortunately.

I think it was Lilflame that has the jewelry I have been regretting not picking up. Lully's dresses are pretty but I prefer conforming over dForce. Will they work as conforming? 

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876

tsroemi You're not butting in at all! I really appreciate the recommendation. heart I've put it in my wishlist and will probably add it to my next cart. It's very lovely and would be a great look for my film noir heiress... laugh I really like all the textures they give with each outfit. They're quite an amazing fashion designer! When I have some time, I know I'll enjoy perusing their store at a more leisurely pace. Thank you! smiley

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,159

Yes, Lully has some nice dresses. I just bought one of them. I didn't and don't want to name names, but there is a whole lotta skimpware lately.

• jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 482

Oh goodie, now I can buy a review of old products.

• Lully's stuff looks fantastic. I've wishlisted a dozen or so to refine when I get more time. Found one or two products I like from most other artists too.

With regard to the new artists and quality, I think the promos carried over aren't doing many of the products justice. The promos on Daz tend to be rendered to a very high standard compared to elsewhere, I assume because many of the artists here work with dedicated render artists or have to really up their promo game to compete with the DO promos.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Lully's stuff looks fantastic. I've wishlisted a dozen or so to refine when I get more time. Found one or two products I like from most other artists too.

With regard to the new artists and quality, I think the promos carried over aren't doing many of the products justice. The promos on Daz tend to be rendered to a very high standard compared to elsewhere, I assume because many of the artists here work with dedicated render artists or have to really up their promo game to compete with the DO promos.

The overwhelming majority of PA's do their own promos. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Just had to juggle 20-30 items off my wishlist because of the annoying new artist item "discount", honestly I am not buying any new artist item untill that "promo" goes away.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,315
    edited April 21

Tomhip said:

Just had to juggle 20-30 items off my wishlist because of the annoying new artist item "discount", honestly I am not buying any new artist item untill that "promo" goes away.

FWIW, practical testing shows that it only affects the first 3 wishlist items in the cart and can be beneficial if you were wanting to buy recent wishlisted items. I put one of the "new artist" items in the cart, then front-loaded with some pricey items that had been wishlisted a couple of weeks ago - far enough back to count, too new to do any better than 69% with various discounts and 8 tokens without the "new artist" item in the cart. The extra 1% - 70% off - saved me a few bucks. Then after the first three, all the other wishlist items are getting their normal discounts - over 70% for older ones as expected.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Tomhip said:

FWIW, practical testing shows that it only affects the first 3 wishlist items in the cart and can be beneficial if you were wanting to buy recent wishlisted items. I put one of the "new artist" items in the cart, then front-loaded with some pricey items that had been wishlisted a couple of weeks ago - far enough back to count, too new to do any better than 69% with various discounts and 8 tokens without the "new artist" item in the cart. The extra 1% - 70% off - saved me a few bucks. Then after the first three, all the other wishlist items are getting their normal discounts - over 70% for older ones as expected.

Thank you for this. I'm fighting a massive headache today and just couldn't muster the brains or patience to figure out what I needed to do to game the system this time.

• NathraiNathrai Posts: 67
    edited April 21

There have been made some ... strange decisions during this sale.

Now some of the new artist items are on sale 70% off, actively punishing early adopters who got them at 50% off just a few days ago. That doesn't sit quite right with me, to be honest.

(And the wishlist sale still seems to be buggy, still can't get items I added back during March Madness.)

But I have to agree with what was said above about the the "skimp wear". Yes, there's been a sudden influx of clothes with ... very economical usage of cloth, but they also added a LOT of beautiful products, by vendors I fully trust to deliver quality-wise no less. And the ... very breathable nothings outfits may not be very useful to some of us, but they seem to be of good quality. Got one of them to repurpose as accessoire above some actual clothing, and it's a delight to work with thanks to lots of adjustment morphs, varied materials and a very modular design.

So no, I don't think the quality of the items or the selection of vendors is the problem. The lack in quality assurance on images, descriptions and smart content, very strange sales bugs and inconveniences, as well as flipping off early adopters are.

Post edited by Nathrai on

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

The first couple artists and Powerage had things I found more appealing, but I couldn't buy until yesterday, unfortunately.

I think it was Lilflame that has the jewelry I have been regretting not picking up. Lully's dresses are pretty but I prefer conforming over dForce. Will they work as conforming? 

Everything I've had from Lully so far was conforming as well, but since much of it is flowy and gauzy, it just will not look as realistic if you don't simulate. But the clothes usually do really well, and quickly, too - simulate, I mean. And Lully provides custom dForce settings. Maybe just give it a try, the dresses are not expensive. 

Nathrai said:

There have been made some ... strange decisions during this sale.

Now some of the new artist items are on sale 70% off, actively punishing early adopters who got them at 50% off just a few days ago. That doesn't sit quite right with me, to be honest.

(And the wishlist sale still seems to be buggy, still can't get items I added back during March Madness.)

But I have to agree with what was said above about the the "skimp wear". Yes, there's been a sudden influx of clothes with ... very economical usage of cloth, but they also added a LOT of beautiful products, by vendors I fully trust to deliver quality-wise no less. And the ... very breathable nothings outfits may not be very useful to some of us, but they seem to be of good quality. Got one of them to repurpose as accessoire above some actual clothing, and it's a delight to work with thanks to lots of adjustment morphs, varied materials and a very modular design.

So no, I don't think the quality of the items or the selection of vendors is the problem. The lack in quality assurance on images, descriptions and smart content, very strange sales bugs and inconveniences, as well as flipping off early adopters are.

Oh wow, how do you make new vendor stuff go to 70% off? I've bought quite a lot of them already, but there's still some more on my wishlist! 

Oh wow, how do you make new vendor stuff go to 70% off? I've bought quite a lot of them already, but there's still some more on my wishlist! 

Some of them are in the Fast Grab sale now. With a bit of luck there's something from your wishlist in there!

(No luck for me, got them at 50% off :D )

Nathrai said:

Some of them are in the Fast Grab sale now. With a bit of luck there's something from your wishlist in there!

(No luck for me, got them at 50% off :D )

Thank you, I'll check!

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Lightning Deals offered me https://www.daz3d.com/edie-8-pro-bundle for $8.12 this morning. Nice bundle. It's not something that appeals to me, so I passed. Lightning Deals are often like that. Still, sometimes Lightning Deals are great, and I've got some good stuff that way.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I bought 3 different things on Lightning Deals this past 24 hours

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Torquinox said:

Lightning Deals offered me https://www.daz3d.com/edie-8-pro-bundle for $8.12 this morning. Nice bundle. It's not something that appeals to me, so I passed. Lightning Deals are often like that. Still, sometimes Lightning Deals are great, and I've got some good stuff that way.

I've purchased maybe 4 or 5 items since they started. For some reason I keep getting all this old stuff ... I did buy Victoria 9 intro bundle a couple days ago. Jumping on the 9 train. It was $11 ... not too bad really.  

edited April 21

daveso said:

I've purchased maybe 4 or 5 items since they started. For some reason I keep getting all this old stuff ... I did buy Victoria 9 intro bundle a couple days ago. Jumping on the 9 train. It was $11 ... not too bad really.  

Cool! :) I'll get around to the 9 train - I like some of what I see, but I'm still really busy with what I've already got in my library. It fascinates me that I can poke around in the dark corners and find amusing things I didn't even know I had. Besides, I've got a list of support products that I have yet to buy before I feel ready to work with G9.

Post edited by Torquinox on

Torquinox said:

Nice grab!

For me it was the Mabel 8 Pro Bundle yesterday heart

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I have yet to buy anything from Lightning Deals, but I also check it very infrequently. It's quite possible I've missed out on some incredible deals.

Got quite a few nice lightning deals these past few days - but then again, I've been gone for 12+ years, so I have lots to catch up on ... angel

Gordig said:

I have yet to buy anything from Lightning Deals, but I also check it very infrequently. It's quite possible I've missed out on some incredible deals.

Could be! I watch the deals. I like them. Are the deals incredible? It depends what else is going on in the store and if you have Daz+. I am offered a surprising array of pro bundles and even the occasional recent megabundle for up to 94% off - I don't recall seeing more than 94% off. That's already very nice. Then, the items can be purchased with Daz+ coupons and sometimes stack with other store deals in unexpected ways to get the occasional incredible deals.

It's not all great deals all the time, though. There are the times when the deals aren't very good, when you get moldy old stuff, and when you get great offers on stuff that doesn't appeal to you. That's just how it goes. Hope that helps! 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

The last few days were quite good for the lighning deals, because of the stacking discount on Daz Originals (and all items offered in LD, from what I noticed, are DO), so I was checking them regularly. Sadly, nothing great for me, though there were some nice pro bundles (I just happened to have most of the stuff in the bundles, so the price for the "leftovers" wasn't enticing; we really need a "buy the bundle for the price of items you don't own" promotion...).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited April 22

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I bought 3 different things on Lightning Deals this past 24 hours

...I seem to mostly seem to get Gen4  and early Genesis items as well as with textures for clothing content I don't have.  

So far I've only picked up three items since the promo started.

On another matter I really wish they would have stuck to old "Daz Time" for expirations of deals & such (like for tokens) than UTC  I've lost numerous tokens because of the wording. "expires [Day, date, Month, Year] 06:00:00 UTC".  Part of the confusion is in how it reads as it makes me feel I still have another day.  The old Daz Time standard "23:59:59" was so much easier to interpret.

line break.jpg
    700 x 3 - 1K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723

Agreed on the lightning deals; the few times decent bundles have come up, I guess it's sure I'll love it because I already have most of what's in it. (Although, given everything else it's sure I'll love, I think it operates on the blind-pig-and-acorn principle.) I did score a G3 pose pack the other day that I was happy about, though. I doubt I'll ever use 75% of it, but for the remaining 25% I'll get $1.80 worth of enjoyment out of it, and the one pose I've tried so far didn't need a *horrible* amount of tweaking once I converted it to G9.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...after I wrote that I checked Lightning Deals again and found the Cyberpunk Street for 1.92$.  Now I have my fourth item.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Today's offerings look pretty good, but must wait until I get home to dig deeper.

With this flood of 'new' PA's, my wallet is going to be ruined... Usually I don't buy characters, but Vicey3D has some unique, must have characters.

This discussion has been closed.