Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,510
    edited May 28

Both dragons are from the Stanford Scanning Repository. They stand on the ground plane, in the background a quad_twist by John Spirko. All materials are different, self made glass variations. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI for Fun and additional light and specularity by the sun. Two dragons in a heated discussion.

Arguing Dragons

ArguingDragons.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 158K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,363

Wow Horo another superb render, the lighting is awesome so are the materials

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,070

Horo, the bigger dragon looks like it's making its point heard.  What a fabulous render.  I love your materials and the twist in the background makes a very cool looking terrain/land mass.

Thank you mermaid and NGartplay.

edited May 30

Six self made terrains with my material make the islands. The water consists of the ground plane with my water and above three self made terrains with a water material from High Resolution Terrains 4. The clouds are from the CloudSphere6 and the ambient light by the belonging SkySC6 HDRI from the Sky Toolbox and the key light by the sun.

Green Rocky Isles

GreenRockyIsles.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 210K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wow fantastic photo realistic render Horo, beautiful work

edited May 31

Thank you mermaid.

Post edited by Horo on
  • RasberriRasberri Posts: 298
    edited May 31

Horo, I love the way you did the sun in the dragon render .. adding to cart today your "HDRI for Fun"; I love playing around with HDRIs and the skies in Bryce.  You have beautiful work! Love the terrains and skies in the landscape render as well.  I have almost 3/4 of your products in the store. 

This is just a landscape I was experimenting with during the eclipse. I created the cliff landscapes in Zbrush. I couldn't figure out a way to do the sun in the manner that you did with the rays.  I watched a clip where someone captured how the eclipse projected small rings all over the ground..this would be an interesting effect with lighting in Bryce.

2024Eclipse8.jpg
    1370 x 611 - 69K
    Post edited by Rasberri on

Horo, the water looks real by the rocks and shallows.  the sky brings it all together.

Rasberri, wonderful, stylized look to this.  The eclipse is used with great effect here.  Ps - be sure to join the easy peasy challenge.

edited May 31

Rasperri - thank you very much for your kind words - and your support, greatly appreciated. The sun rays in the dragon render above is from the HDRI.
    Great looking solar eclipse. By the way, some time ago I also made a solar eclipse for a challenge: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/509541/48th-bryce-render-challenge-new-journey/p4#Comment_6963546

NGartplay - thank you.

Post edited by Horo on

Rasberri - very nice image.

Horo, wonderful eclipse image.  You have an observatory, as well.

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 298
    edited May 31

Horo, wow! I love the eclipse image you did, beautiful render..Its nice that there is a sandy beach as well... that is definitely wall worthy!

Post edited by Rasberri on
    edited June 2

The terrain is from David’s DTE Terrains, lighting and materials from the Terrain Stacking product (available at bryce-tutorials)

plateau -stacking.jpg
    1155 x 650 - 560K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Wow mermaid, gorgeous!

Thanks NGartplay 

mermaid - beautifully done landscape with the river.

Thanks Horo

edited June 3

Inspired by a scene by David Brinnen from the Underground Overground set. Terrains and materials were taken and considerably modified. Radial lights give some red colour. The ambient light by the Frozen Waterfall HDRI (from the book "The HDRI Handbook 2.0" by Christian Bloch) and additional light by the sun.

Lit Cave

LitCave.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 270K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, the crystal caverns are beautiful and mysterious.  The orange in the distance looks like hot lava somewhere in the caverns.

Wow Horo another amazingly different render showing us Bryce versatility, magnificent work, love the colors.

NGartplay - thank you - I also thought first it could be a fire.

mermaid - thank you.

edited June 4

Ruby Heart, the gemstone materials and an Hdr Image from the Cable Stock Set pack,

ruby-abstract-heart.jpg
    650 x 650 - 98K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884
    edited June 4

NGartplay, mermaid, Horo, thank you.

Horo, the terrain with waterfall is marvellous. The rocky terrain has a great brooding sky. And the abstract is very colourful and beautiful. I like the dragons too. Looks like they are in a shouting contest. Wonderful island under a beautiful sky too. The crystal cave is very different from your normal landscapes; indeed quite mysterious.

Mermaid, Great islands under that wonderful sky. And I agree with NGartply about the perfume bottle, that is very well presented. The terrain on page 42 is very well textured and has a very interesting sky. Finally, the heart is a beautiful play of light on this simple white background.

Rasberri, Great cliff landscape. I remember those rocks from the French coast, but don’t remember that big moon eclipsing the sun.

Some time ago I started creating a landscape with a river winding through. I forgot about it until recently finalised the render. I do not remember the source of the terrain and the details of the sky. Next one is a combination of a grand mountain by David B/Horo and a cloudscape 6 by these experts too. Both renders have dark clouds; it might rain.

winding river1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 905K
    grandmountain_cloudscape6.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 878K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

mermaid - just beautiful, this Ruby Heart.

Hansmar - thank you. The landscape with the river looks very nice. The second one somehow reminds me of a photograph - very realistic looking.

Thanks Hansmar for the nice comments, both your landscapes are wonderful.

Thanks Horo

Beautiful gem render, mermaid.  The lighting is perfect for it.

Hansmar, really like the cloud shadows in the second image...very dramatic.  The scene setup in the first looks great.

edited June 5

The rock is a self made terrain with a material from High Resolution Terrains 4. The trees are Bryce trees, the grass as well, the bush is from Vegetation. The birds are from Clarence Tippetts. Background and ambient light by the an unpublished HDRI and the key light by the sun. A forgotten monument in a forest glade.

Monument

Monument.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 440K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884
    edited June 5

Horo, Thanks. Glad to hear the nice words from the landscape-master. Amazing new render. I thought the rock was a termite hill. Could also be a fossilised trunk of a tree.

Mermaid and NGartplay, Thank you too.

I used the product 'The cage' and the DAZ rhino in the next render. Strangely enough, though this scene, with the cage in its original textures, is 281 MB, it works nicely, while some smaller scenes (e.g. in the 150 MB) will crash. Nevertheless, happy that I did not have to retexture the whole scene. I did add several lights in Bryce.

inthecage.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 928K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Amazing terrain Horo, and the tall trees, especially, are real looking.  A hard thing to do in Bryce.

Hansmar, what a cool image.  We have to wonder what's going to happen to this rhino when the spectators enter.