Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319

mermaid010 said:

I played with the Funky Shapes and Funky Metals a product by David and Horo; just for fun I rendered all 50 shapes with all 50 metals. This is one example; the others can be viewed in my Pinterest Board.

WOW looks very interesting.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,363

Thanks Fettbemme, it is a cool products, the others (47 shapes and metals) can be viewed here unfortunately one needs a Pinterest account to view them fully:

https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/fifty-funky-shapes-and-fifty-funky-metals/

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,070

fettbeme, very cool and wild file.  I like how you have so much detail in the image and it looks like you might have used an HDRI for the lighting?

mermaid, excellent render of these interesting objects.  They look like something that fell out of my car's engine :)

edited June 15

NGartplay said:

fettbeme, very cool and wild file.  I like how you have so much detail in the image and it looks like you might have used an HDRI for the lighting?

mermaid, excellent render of these interesting objects.  They look like something that fell out of my car's engine :)

I used the white background sky and hit render button. nothing more :)

no HDRI but no render will pass my Photoshop routine without pushing some sliders

Post edited by Fettbemme on

Thanks NGartplay 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,510
    edited June 15

The building blocks are 20 Dystopia City Blocks (once available at Daz 3D) in 5 x 4 blocks assembled and placed within a partly reflecting and above transparent cube. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Golden Lighting and the key light by the sun.

Golden Lit City

GoldenLitCity.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 230K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wow Horo excellent cityscape, simply beautiful 

Horo said:

The building blocks are 20 Dystopia City Blocks (once available at Daz 3D) in 5 x 4 blocks assembled and placed within a partly reflecting and above transparent cube. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Golden Lighting and the key light by the sun.

Golden Lit City

awesome render

Thank you mermaid and Fettbemme.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884
    edited June 16

Horo, NGartplay, Mermaid, Thank you. The building is not of my making, I just used it.

Horo, nice object render. And very great big city!

Fettbemme, Great abstract. Keep them coming, we love those abstracts!

Mermaid, Very nice render of these objects.

A few landscapes by me. The first one is Kyle Sound from the High Resolution Terrains 4 set, with an effect by Jepe and a robot in there. The other ones are from Gritstone hills, where I liked the sky very much in the first one, added a lighthouse in the second one by Alphons Blom and I used the light rays by David Brinnen and Horo, with a modified texture. The last one has a modified terrrain texture and a ruin by Alphons Blom. You will recognise the fantastic sky from the Landscapes under fantastic skies.

Kyle-Sound_HM1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 769K
    Hills3_HM1.jpg
    879 x 659 - 543K
    Hills8_HM1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 860K
    Hills8_HM2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 760K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - thank you. Four very nice and well done landscape scenes with water.

edited June 16

Hansmar said:

Horo, NGartplay, Mermaid, Thank you. The building is not of my making, I just used it.

Horo, nice object render. And very great big city!

Fettbemme, Great abstract. Keep them coming, we love those abstracts!

Mermaid, Very nice render of these objects.

A few landscapes by me. The first one is Kyle Sound from the High Resolution Terrains 4 set, with an effect by Jepe and a robot in there. The other ones are from Gritstone hills, where I liked the sky very much in the first one, added a lighthouse in the second one by Alphons Blom and I used the light rays by David Brinnen and Horo, with a modified texture. The last one has a modified terrrain texture and a ruin by Alphons Blom. You will recognise the fantastic sky from the Landscapes under fantastic skies.

Very cool renders indeed

awesome

Hansmar - 4 magnificent scenes, awesome renders

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

HoroMermaid, Fettbeme, Thank you.

Horo, wow, I have that set and nothing I rendered looked this good.  Gives me an idea for a new challenge after this one is over.

Hansmar, some beautiful landscapes.  The atmospheres are excellent.

Thank you NGartplay.

edited June 17

The terrain was self made and given the material Tau Variant by David Brinnen (Pro Materials, Tau_davidbrinnen 3/10). Colours, sky and light by the Gasclouds_B01 HDRI (unpublished) and specularity by the sun. A spiky region on a far away world.

Spiky World

SpikyWorld.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 217K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo said:

The terrain was self made and given the material Tau Variant by David Brinnen (Pro Materials, Tau_davidbrinnen 3/10). Colours, sky and light by the Gasclouds_B01 HDRI (unpublished) and specularity by the sun. A spiky region on a far away world.

Spiky World

WOW, exceptionally cool render

looks like the probably most rich ore diposit of bismuth here on Earth or on another planet for the matter

does Bryce has a sort of thin film thingy to achieve this effect?

Fettbemme - thank you. The Tau Variant material (which comes with Bryce) responds to specular and and the environment light/colour, but not to diffuse (therefore no shadows). If I kept a standard sky, the clouds would make things white, the blue sky adding blue. Here, the HDRI gives the colour (instead of the sky) and the sun is also up, but without diffuse, only some specular, but the visible sun as such is in the sky and also contributes to the effect. Check these examples:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8653796/#Comment_8653796 only the HDRI was rotated and here is another example https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8720756/#Comment_8720756 - I find this material by David Brinnen very interesting and because there is no diffuse and hence no shadows, it renders very fast.

Wow Horo another outstanding, unusual render, wonderful result.

Horo said:

Fettbemme - thank you. The Tau Variant material (which comes with Bryce) responds to specular and and the environment light/colour, but not to diffuse (therefore no shadows). If I kept a standard sky, the clouds would make things white, the blue sky adding blue. Here, the HDRI gives the colour (instead of the sky) and the sun is also up, but without diffuse, only some specular, but the visible sun as such is in the sky and also contributes to the effect. Check these examples:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8653796/#Comment_8653796 only the HDRI was rotated and here is another example https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8720756/#Comment_8720756 - I find this material by David Brinnen very interesting and because there is no diffuse and hence no shadows, it renders very fast.

nice!

it shows everytime that Bryce given its age is still today underrated with lots of surprises out of its sleeve

64bit would be nice though

Horo, that landscape is so other-worldly that I was looking for dinosaurs in the scene.  Wow, very cool render.

edited June 17

An Abstract using one of the files from the Hdri Scene 1 files https://www.daz3d.com/hdri-scene-files-1

I changed the aspect ratio from 3:4 to 2:1

abstract76.jpg
    950 x 475 - 455K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid010 said:

An Abstract using one of the files from the Hdri Scene 1 files https://www.daz3d.com/hdri-scene-files-1

I changed the aspect ratio from 3:4 to 2:1

nice abstract

cool

Thanks Fettbemme 

edited June 18

ΛNDROMEDΛ

zip
    zip
    andromeda.zip
    2M
    andromeda.png
    2000 x 1009 - 3M

Love the liquid look of that mermaid.

fettbeme, another moody image.  I really like the texture on the ground plane.

Fettbemme - another nice render, I agree moody setup.

NGartplay thanks

mermaid - thank you. Really great abstract.

Fettbemme - Andromeda is a very nice render. Indeed, 64-bit would really be nice. It was tried during the 7.0 development but Daz found it would take too much time and therefore too expensive. However, with the Large Address Aware tool (42 kB free) Bryce can go to about 3.4 GB if the computer memory is over 4 GB.

NGartplay - thank you.

Thanks Horo