Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,510
    edited June 19

The terrain was self made and given a material from High Resolution Terrains 3. The water is a 2D-Face with my water material. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies and the key light by the sun.

Lake Old Volcano

LakeOldVolcano.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 218K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319

Horo said:

The terrain was self made and given a material from High Resolution Terrains 3. The water is a 2D-Face with my water material. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies and the key light by the sun.

Lake Old Volcano

awesome landscape

nice texture

cool

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,363
    edited June 19

Horo - Another outstanding landscape with awesome lighting and materials.

Recently I got the IBL-v-TA product by David and tried to understand IBL and TA rendering in Bryce 7 Pro. In this example, I added the clouds to the TA rendered scene, so I could check the difference in render times and which is better- 55minutes for the IBL, and 4 hours 30minutes for the TA. Both renders are nice but was the extra time for the TA worth it? You tell me.

A Very nice product.

The 1st is the IBL render and the 2nd TA

steepmountains-ibl.jpg
    1155 x 650 - 613K
    steepmountains-ta.jpg
    1155 x 650 - 598K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

NGartplay, thanks.

Horo, The terrain with the gascloud-HDRI looks very weird, but great. The terrain on p. 45 is very realistic.

Mermaid, wonderful liquid metal render (mercury, I guess). In your IBL/TA comparison, I do like the colours of the TA render better, but certainly not so much more that it is worthwhile the longer render time, I think. Very good terrain renders, by the way. But strange that the light and  shadows on the rocks are in different places. Did you not use the sun in the IBL render?

Fettbemme, Andromeda is a very good looking, mysterious render. Something for the cover of a Sci-fi book.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,070

Well done Horo.  Looks like an extinct volcano, filled with water.

Beautiful mermaid.  I really like the first one but the shadows in the second one are excellent.

mermaid010 said:

Horo - Another outstanding landscape with awesome lighting and materials.

Recently I got the IBL-v-TA product by David and tried to understand IBL and TA rendering in Bryce 7 Pro. In this example, I added the clouds to the TA rendered scene, so I could check the difference in render times and which is better- 55minutes for the IBL, and 4 hours 30minutes for the TA. Both renders are nice but was the extra time for the TA worth it? You tell me.

A Very nice product.

The 1st is the IBL render and the 2nd TA

WOW!

this looks hyper realistic!

very nice

Fettbemme - thank you.

mermaid - thank you. Two great examples. The sun seems to shine from slightly different directions. I use TA in landscape renders very seldom because rendering takes very long. If True ambience optimization in the IBL tab (right of HDRI Effect) is disabled, it renders faster with with TA. Sometimes an IBL lit scene rendered without TA creates a bit dark shadows (depending on the light distribution of the HDRI). In such a case, reducing Cast Shadows Intensity can help. The Sun/Moon Shadows must stay at 100 in any case.

Hansmar and NGartplay - thank you.

Thanks Hansmar – I changed the sun position in the TA one because the clouds looked burnt out. David did not include clouds in his TA examples in this set.

Thanks NGartplay and Fettbemme

Thanks Horo for the comments and the additional info and yes the sun is in different position in both renders as I mentioned to Hansmar.

edited June 21

The terrain was self made and given a material from Gritstone Hills. The moon is a sphere with my own material. The clouds are from the CloudSphere11 and the ambient light by the belonging SkySC11 HDRI from the Sky Toolbox Expansion Kit and the key light by the sun.

Curvy Mounds

CurvyMounds.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 246K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, the texture really makes this image pop.  Well done!

Horo said:

The terrain was self made and given a material from Gritstone Hills. The moon is a sphere with my own material. The clouds are from the CloudSphere11 and the ambient light by the belonging SkySC11 HDRI from the Sky Toolbox Expansion Kit and the key light by the sun.

outstanding

+1

Wow Horo another masterpiece, beautiful landscape.

Thank you NGartplay, Fettbemme and mermaid.

edited June 23

The terrain, materials and lighting from the Gritstone Hills, the boat is a freebie

thecove.jpg
    800 x 600 - 332K

mermaid010 said:

The terrain, materials and lighting from the Gritstone Hills, the boat is a freebie

tranquil scenery

beautiful

mermaid - yes, I read in the Commons that image upload did not work, good that the issue was resolved.
    Very nice tranquil scene.

Thanks Fettbemme and Horo.

mermaid, serene and lovely.  I just want to sit on a porch in a chair and look at this view.

Thanks NGartplay, same here.

edited June 24

Double stacked terrain from Terrain Stacking with materials from the same set and Islands. The water is the ground plane with my own material. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies and the key light by the sun.

Fog over Pond

FogOverPond.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 244K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited June 24

Another fantastic, realistic landscape, beautiful work Horo.

I’m enjoying the Funky Shapes product,  3 shapes with different metals from the same set, this time lit by the IES Lights David shared with us a while back, the discussion is found here: - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/99396/ies-conversion-experiment

funkyshapes-ies.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 235K

mermaid010 said:

Another fantastic, realistic landscape, beautiful work Horo.

I’m enjoying the Funky Shapes product,  3 shapes with different metals from the same set, this time lit by the IES Lights David shared with us a while back, the discussion is found here: - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/99396/ies-conversion-experiment

gee, now that's beyond cool

hard to imagine that's possible

awesome

Horo, incredible detail here.  Nicely done.

mermaid, fantastic object render.  Great lighting...they look real.

Thanks Fettbemme and NGartplay 

edited June 25

mermaid - thank you, also for the link to IES discussion. I ought to use them more, I made HDRIs from all of them 8 years ago.
    Beautifully presented objects.

Thank you NGartplay.

Post edited by Horo on

Thanks Horo. You made HDRIs with them, so cool. I only have about 6 radials which I saved. I lost the file David shared and unfortunately it is no longer available.

edited June 25

mermaid, all - the attached IES.zip contains the HDRIs and Gobo I made from David's files. Please read the PDFs in the Comments folder. ZIP content:

IES\
    - Comments\
      - IES-Gobo.pdf  (describes Gels)
      - IES-HDRI.pdf  (describes HDRIs)
    - HiDyn\
      - 32 name_H.hdr files
    - MiDyn\
      - 32 name_L.hdr files
    - IES-Gels.lst contains 32 pictures for picture materials on a radial

Have fun.

zip
    zip
    IES.zip
    2M
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo said:

mermaid, all - the attached IES.zip contains the HDRIs and Gobo I made from David's files. Please read the PDFs in the Comments folder. ZIP content:

IES\
    - Comments\
      - IES-Gobo.pdf  (describes Gels)
      - IES-HDRI.pdf  (describes HDRIs)
    - HiDyn\
      - 32 name_H.hdr files
    - MiDyn\
      - 32 name_L.hdr files
    - IES-Gels.lst contains 32 pictures for picture materials on a radial

Have fun.

WOW, do I get that right, we can use IES Light in Bryce?

edited June 25

Wow thanks a trillion for the files Horo, I think it will be  good idea if you included it in the IES thread as David's file is no longer available.

I also put it in there, mermaid. Thank you for the suggestion.