Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a popup confirmation for the RESTART part of the install? Do you guys not even think about this stuff? Computers have been comfortably multitasking for DECADES now, and people install software while they are ALSO doing other stuff. At the very LEAST, you can put a confirmation in there "The computer needs to restart to complete the install process, would you like to restart now or later?" so people can allow whatever tasks they might be running to finish, or at the very least, SAVE THEIR WORK in other apps! This has been STANDARD PRACTICE FOR YEARS. Instead, the Daz install just restarts the PC, while I'm doing something else, and I lose an hour or more of work. Is it too much to ask for developers to THINK ABOUT THIS CRAP before they release a new product?

• scienceofspock said:

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a popup confirmation for the RESTART part of the install? Do you guys not even think about this stuff? Computers have been comfortably multitasking for DECADES now, and people install software while they are ALSO doing other stuff. At the very LEAST, you can put a confirmation in there "The computer needs to restart to complete the install process, would you like to restart now or later?" so people can allow whatever tasks they might be running to finish, or at the very least, SAVE THEIR WORK in other apps! This has been STANDARD PRACTICE FOR YEARS. Instead, the Daz install just restarts the PC, while I'm doing something else, and I lose an hour or more of work. Is it too much to ask for developers to THINK ABOUT THIS CRAP before they release a new product?

Restart what? DAZ Studio doesn't require an installation restart .

• xop32xop32 Posts: 0

i keep getting the daz to unreal .dll file crashing when i try to export any character other than a plain nude frsh model with nothing on it

as soon as i create a new model/chacter, add some hair and clothes and then try sending it to unreal, it goes threw the hole fbx processes and then crashes daz at the end, saying the error came from the daztounreal .dll file

of course it all working fine in 4.21, just since upgrading to 4.22 , no exporting is working apart from a base nude character with nothing else

even if i create new characters and run threw the process its still the same

• DoctorJellybean said:

scienceofspock said:

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a popup confirmation for the RESTART part of the install? Do you guys not even think about this stuff? Computers have been comfortably multitasking for DECADES now, and people install software while they are ALSO doing other stuff. At the very LEAST, you can put a confirmation in there "The computer needs to restart to complete the install process, would you like to restart now or later?" so people can allow whatever tasks they might be running to finish, or at the very least, SAVE THEIR WORK in other apps! This has been STANDARD PRACTICE FOR YEARS. Instead, the Daz install just restarts the PC, while I'm doing something else, and I lose an hour or more of work. Is it too much to ask for developers to THINK ABOUT THIS CRAP before they release a new product?

It absolutely did this time, and it did it just the way I described, blindly without prompt.

• oddboboddbob Posts: 348

crosswind said:

I don't have that char. but usually two reasons : DIM lost connection to cms when you installed the product; wrong metadata. You may try to re-import metadata of that product.

As for the asset conflict issue, I have no way to test them 'cause I only have Itsy Hair...sorry...

Thanks, there's a thread from release time that states that the DIM version is missing a file. I've reported and I'll wait for a fix, otherwise I'll fix it and see if it resolves the conflict.

barbult said:

oddbob said:

This is odd, I'm using Carole HD which doesn't show in smart content when installed through DIM but does show in the character folder. Won't let me categorize it though. Also using Itsy hair. I get intermittent issues with the second render failing when trying to use both together but can use them in separate scenes ok.

DIM installs "/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Carole 8.1.duf", so that is why you see it in the Characters in the Content Library. The DAZ metadata included in DIM for the Carole product does not include any metadata at all for that file, though, as far as I can see. I was able to assign an asset type and category successfully with the Content DB Editor and drag and drop it into the product. You can submit a help request about the metadata error, if you think there is any hope of getting it fixed. Or, you can just fix it yourself, like I did and move on with life.

Thanks, I've reported it along with a couple of other content issues that I've been working around. I'm sure it will be fixed within days laugh

Otherwise I'll do the fix as you suggested.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

RenatoDias said:

It's not working at all. Buggy as [ll get out]. Please allow us to revert to 4.21.

Where can I get 4.21 to downgrade, the Nov 3 2023 is as stable as a case of dynamite next to Wiley Coyotes blowtorch and my previous ver from windows backup is no longer available.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,252
    edited November 2023

scienceofspock said:

DoctorJellybean said:

scienceofspock said:

It absolutely did this time, and it did it just the way I described, blindly without prompt.

Not in its own right - if it had we would all have noticed. It may be that soemthing on your system responded to the instalaltion process in a way that triggered a reboot request, or it may just have been coincidence. Even installing DS while it is running doesn't generally cause a reboot request, though I suppose if you had missed a lot of versions and the C++ libraries needed an update they might have required a reboot (Edit: I am told that the installers for these are configured not to trigger an update, though it is possible that the OS might not respect that).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • sirnamedmarksirnamedmark Posts: 15
    edited November 2023

Are we no longer allowed to use G8 Poses with G9 Figures via the pose converter? When i select my G9 Figure i no longer see the G8 Poses in my smart menu. It will only show the G9 Poses. 

Nevermind. I didnt realize the "Filter by context" box had been reticked! sorry.

Post edited by sirnamedmark on
  • Upgraded and renders were just showing black. Updated Nvidia drivers, now renders are working but the viewport has become a tiny window off to the side. How do I fix this?

dazscreenshot.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 350K
  • cloudman said:

Upgraded and renders were just showing black. Updated Nvidia drivers, now renders are working but the viewport has become a tiny window off to the side. How do I fix this?

I have seen that reproted once or twice before, with older versions. I think it is a driver issue, probably using an on-CPU GPU for the display. If you have a GPU on the CPU and a stand-alone GPU make sure that DS is using the latter - that should be in the AMD Catalyst/nVidia Control panel which will be on the right-click menu for the system desktop.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited November 2023

DoctorJellybean said:

scienceofspock said:

It's odd it did on my 3070 laptop during the installation process (installed it twice, once after re installing a system image to fix the broken uninstall link)  There was no restart on my 4090 tower. All one has to do is cancel the restart and let the installation complete. I have the 4.21 installer AND system images saved for backups.

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • I keep encountering an issue where I will click on an item in my scene, then DAZ will hang for several seconds, the entire window will re-draw itself squished to the left side of my screen with black on the right, then after several more seconds it will redraw itself correctly and I'll be able to navigate again. There are no entries in the log when this happens; it happened about 5 or 6 times in a four-hour session of work (Windows 10, latest Nvidia studio driver, running full-screen on my main monitor in a 3-monitor setup). Mostly just curious if it is happening to anyone else, as I've never seen this behavior before.

• 4.22 new scene tab missing content??? I have uninstalled Daz 4.22 and reinstalled it a few times also uninstalled and reinstalled Content Manager a few times still content missing.

DAZ 4.22.jpg
    1919 x 1181 - 508K
  • Ankoku-jin said:

I keep encountering an issue where I will click on an item in my scene, then DAZ will hang for several seconds, the entire window will re-draw itself squished to the left side of my screen with black on the right, then after several more seconds it will redraw itself correctly and I'll be able to navigate again. There are no entries in the log when this happens; it happened about 5 or 6 times in a four-hour session of work (Windows 10, latest Nvidia studio driver, running full-screen on my main monitor in a 3-monitor setup). Mostly just curious if it is happening to anyone else, as I've never seen this behavior before.

That sounds like a GPU or driver issue. If you have more than one GPU in the system (e.g. a standalone GPU and a GPU on the CPU) which is DS using for its display?

• Drunken Duck said:

4.22 new scene tab missing content??? I have uninstalled Daz 4.22 and reinstalled it a few times also uninstalled and reinstalled Content Manager a few times still content missing.

Have you installed the updated Default Resources, and the new Templates package that is part of it (if using DIM - if installing through Daz Studio itself theer is just the one Default resources to update).

• Is anyone experiencing pink renders with iray? I have Windows 7 and I have an NVIDIA Geforce 1050 ti.  This is really causing a lot of trouble....

• slee104slee104 Posts: 3
    edited November 2023

slee104 said:

Is anyone experiencing pink renders with iray? I have Windows 7 and I have an NVIDIA Geforce 1050 ti.  This is really causing a lot of trouble....

My video card is a 4G and I began experiencing this directly after the 4.22 download.  In 4.21, everything worked fine.

• slee104 said:

slee104 said:

Is anyone experiencing pink renders with iray? I have Windows 7 and I have an NVIDIA Geforce 1050 ti.  This is really causing a lot of trouble....

My video card is a 4G and I began experiencing this directly after the 4.22 download.  In 4.21, everything worked fine.

This is a known issue with some recent nVidia drivers and certain combinations of Render Settings. The  current drivers have resolved the issue.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,559

slee104 said:

The Nvidia drivers required for Iray rendering by DS 4.22 do not support W7 

Richard Haseltine said:

Drunken Duck said:

4.22 new scene tab missing content??? I have uninstalled Daz 4.22 and reinstalled it a few times also uninstalled and reinstalled Content Manager a few times still content missing.

Have you installed the updated Default Resources, and the new Templates package that is part of it (if using DIM - if installing through Daz Studio itself theer is just the one Default resources to update).

I'm using the beta but for me DIM has two files, default resources and default templates. The templates didn't show at the top of the new file list, had to do a search.

• oddbob said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Drunken Duck said:

I'm using the beta but for me DIM has two files, default resources and default templates. The templates didn't show at the top of the new file list, had to do a search.

Yes, in DIM they are separte zips - and when a new package is added to a product it just sits in with the regular Ready to Download, it isn't a new version of an old package so it doesn't appear in the Updates list.

• Because of problems that more than one is experiencing with the latest version of Daz 4.22.
    Does anyone know where I could download version 4.21?
    The one that didn't give me any problem neither when loading a model, or the preview, or the duplicate icons of other files when saving.

Thanks in advance

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,061

Rammaukin said:

Once a version is released the previous ones aren't available for download anymore.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 961
    edited November 2023

Where has the "loading" animation moved? It used to be the animated bar in the bottom right, but I don't see it there anymore.

There's a long-standing bug where the HDRI will cause the "loading" animation to animate indefinitely and seeing that animation was the only way to tell.

Post edited by evacyn on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

cloudman said:

Upgraded and renders were just showing black. Updated Nvidia drivers, now renders are working but the viewport has become a tiny window off to the side. How do I fix this?

I have seen that reproted once or twice before, with older versions. I think it is a driver issue, probably using an on-CPU GPU for the display. If you have a GPU on the CPU and a stand-alone GPU make sure that DS is using the latter - that should be in the AMD Catalyst/nVidia Control panel which will be on the right-click menu for the system desktop.

Already set to stand alone GPU.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,252
    edited November 2023

evacyn said:

Where has the "loading" animation moved? It used to be the animated bar in the bottom right, but I don't see it there anymore.

There's a long-standing bug where the HDRI will cause the "loading" animation to animate indefinitely and seeing that animation was the only way to tell.

Yopu mean the mini-progress bar in the Status bar? Or the main, pop-up, status bar? Edit: I still have both (the main progress dailogue I knew, the status bar version appeared when using Iray Drawstyle in the Viewport.

• Rammaukin said:

Because of problems that more than one is experiencing with the latest version of Daz 4.22.
    The one that didn't give me any problem neither when loading a model, or the preview, or the duplicate icons of other files when saving.

Thanks in advance

If you give more details of the issues you are encountering perhaps we can resolve them, or confirm them (which might make it possible to get an older version installer from support, though I cannot promise that).

• cloudman said:

Richard Haseltine said:

cloudman said:

Already set to stand alone GPU.

Which GPU, and which driver?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Rammaukin said:

Because of problems that more than one is experiencing with the latest version of Daz 4.22.

Thanks in advance

If you give more details of the issues you are encountering perhaps we can resolve them, or confirm them (which might make it possible to get an older version installer from support, though I cannot promise that).

Well, it keeps crashing many times, when I create a new file from another, it does it with the same icon image, if I render once, the second time the program closes, if I give it to preview iray with a model, a shell and a hairstyle, it crashes again... among other things, I even got a blue screen twice when I hit render.