virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    Mistara said:

camera tracking is the most difficult part of 3d animation crying

i think i'm okay naos with establishing shots. in my head i think i'm good, and then actually doing it are different things.

but following character action. ohhh emmm geee.

Mistara, not sure if this is what you want, and you probabaly already know this, well, but anyway you can apply a 'Point At' Modifier to the Camera 

...and obviously you can Point At a character or vehicle or whatever, but if that doesn't quite met what you want, a Target Helper can be very useful in that situation, just Point At the Target Helper and then move that to where you want the attention to be.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Hey... that's what I was gonna suggest.

Thing is you could have the camera point at the Target Helper and just move it and camera would follow it.

I wonder and will have to try to change from spline to linear and back... Can those be changed or do they apply to entire anim?

wgdjohn said:

Thing is you could have the camera point at the Target Helper and just move it and camera would follow it.

I wonder and will have to try to change from spline to linear and back... Can those be changed or do they apply to entire anim?

They can be set for each transition, so from the first to the second key you could have linear, then use bezier between keys 2 and 3, etc.

Kewl...  works like I hoped it would.   BTW:  Still need to set aside some time to watch your latest animation tutorial.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Carrara also has a nifty Graph Editor

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Thanks!smiley

been trying to think of city/village scenes in movies i've seen.

1 comes to mind, A Knight's Tale, when he spots m'lady in the crowd and he's following on his horsie

not really a crowd scene, more like busy pedestrians

ncis when gibbs is walking with his coffee and they following him around the orange-ness

my gamecapturedoodadd came smiley can't do anything til after ISO audit is over, it's effort to stay awake for filing paperwork.
    didn't even play witcher3 last night.  
    wanna playyy.  have to rescue Dandelion.

pennies!

tee hee the break into David Bowie music scene

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

better than freshly brewed covfefe.

audit over til July.  can breathe a bit.  do carrara stuff!  and witcher3 playyy!

couple new kong toys to play with the buppies.  can't wait to see their furrly lil faces light up. squeakie toyyyys

my skyperim is flakey.  tried rebooting, text hangs gray

edited June 2017

Did ya trie booting in Safe Mode?  ...can't member the key combo for it... might be Ctrl_F4 or Alt_F4. Aint puters fun sad

you runnin Mac or Windoze?  Just checked should be only F8 in Win7

Post edited by wgdjohn on
    wgdjohn said:

Did ya trie booting in Safe Mode?  ...can't member the key combo for it... might be Ctrl_F4 or Alt_F4. Aint puters fun sad

you runnin Mac or Windoze?  Just checked should be only F8 in Win7

ty

cleared my skype cache. seems to have fixed it.  need to remember to clear it every couple months

had a dream about camera dollies. 

and i dunnooo why come on feel the noize, girlz rock your boyz

sometimes when i move a primitive, it only moves the hotpoint.  

when you want to scale in all 3 axis with the handle bars, what key you hold?

i think, one of the keyb keys releases the hotpoint?

can't remembe  woes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Caps lock allows to move the hot point - just remember to to turn it off

watchin the cap locks !!!

center hp (hot potato?smiley)​  on groups

playing with volumetric clouds on an i5 pc,  cores, more cores, and gigga-jigga-hertzes

compy pron  (except for the win10 part, want win7 for this)

Core i7 3D Modeling & AutoCAD System Intel i7 6950X Up to 4.0Ghz (10 Core) 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD & 2TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro, NVIDIA Quadro M4000 w/8GB, 750W PS, Mid-Tower, Liquid Cooled

NLA clips don't reference the unit of measure setting?

never thought to pay attention to the unit of measure. cm or pixels or inches, nla clips should work the same ??

was just thinking to pay more attention to the additional notes option, dragging stuff to the tray.

is there a strategy for using irradiance map in animation?

read somewhere to remove texture maps before creating irradiance map

did they mean just the room?  should i hide the figures in the room first?

is there such a thing as a generic irradiance map?  
    it gices option to save map and load one 

In reality, if you have moving objects then the irradiance will change as they will reflect and scatter light differently as they move. But you could try hiding the figures, render an irradiance map (I don't think you should remove the texture maps though, they would be integral to the scattered light).and try that for the animation - it will save time but not be 100% accurate, it may however be close enough to not matter too much. It is going to be scene dependent whether this will give good results or something slightly strange.

ty smiley

irradiance mysterious, needs some case study.

is it my imagination, bulb light seems better results than distant light.

I am not ignoring you on Skype BTW Misty

I see your posts but mine just pend with blue circles on desktop client and fail on browser skype and never update on iPad

I am in skype purgatory

and its hailing

th3Digit said:

and its hailing

Winter Is Here...

edited July 2017

yoo empty circle nows

me skype name is mistyrealmgal  there rara skype groups?

cant remember wheri put widdershins tentacoos ani

tentacoos  coochi coo 

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited July 2017
    wgdjohn said:

Fenric's Pose and Shading Tools 2 will even let you stack teeners! I still haven't tried it... why? Not sure. Scared maybe?

• Stack Tweener Ever wish you could oscillate along the bezier spline? This will let you! Stack up to six different sub-tweeners with configurable percentage weight for blending. Need more than six? Just stack in another stack!
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    Diomede said:

Caps lock allows to move the hot point - just remember to to turn it off

wHAT??? tHAT SEEMS LIKE A SILLY REQUEST. i MEAN, WHO WOULD EVER FORGET CAPS ON?