virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    Mistara said:
    head wax said:

amazing!

smileysmiley

these are makin aiko dance in my head  lol

Great, the first one is very good..  Immediatley I thought of Blackmore's Night... the song below is good Medieval Rock but the transitions in the slideshow are too slow for me... I'd not ever use those.  I could'nt find the song I was looking for on HD.  This has the best sound from all I found on YT.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited August 2017

Amazing! Absolutely. If we 'know' how we want it to look, with Carrara lighting and effects (and render settings) we can often make it happen.

Your techniques have inspired me immensely over the years!

if only daz  had understood the potential within carrara and developed it primarily, now we would have been talking about a pro tool like C4D or even maya but with native characters inside, fully rigged and morphable; wow! a dream of almost anyone in CG industry (and still a dream as I can see); moreover what I don't fully understand is the policy at daz: they keep on growing but slowly, they create new human generations but only for artists and amateurs, they don't attack the market with perfect copies of human beings as it should be (think to VR potential): they simply reiterate their work infinitely (and the latest, M8, looks meaningless)

i used to think of carrara and vue as softwares vieing for the same demographic
    but saw more potential in rara

Post edited by Mistara on
    wgdjohn said:
    3DAGE said:

Parent the camera to the figure,. or the veihicle

you can still move the camera,. and animate it,. but it will auto follow the parent

Andy,  I've looked a few times tonight and can't figure out how to parent the camera to an object.  Do I want to track the object?

I believe I've found it... by draging the camera onto the object or figure/character.

Yup. I quit doing it that way because of movements I don't like in the recording, but yes. We may also drag the camera onto specific parts, like arm, neck, head, hip, etc.,

As with my enhancing light rigs, I instead opt for a Target Helper object, which I place at a specific, recognizable point near or on the character, and then move it along the motion of the character throughout time. If I do want the movements embedded, I can always just drag the Target Helper Object onto the body part I want to pparent to - but I haven't done that yet, since I've switch to using THOs.

For example, my enhancing light rigs are parented to a small Target Helper loctated between the eyes of a character. So through the animation of the character, I can decide if the enhancing will follow the exact motion, lag behind, precede, rotate around etc., And the same goes for cameras, which I keep independently in their own Target Helper if I need one.

In my still renders I've gotten into the habit of adding multiple target helper objects mainly for lights and only 1 for camera... can't wait to give them a go in a future anim.

PhilW said:

I've never watched Lexx either but Babylon 5 is a classic!  First time that computer graphics had been used in a mojor way in a TV series. Series one is a bit clunky at times, Series 2-4 just build and build to epic proportions. They weren't sure that they would be renewed for a fifth series, so they shoe-horned a lot into Series 4 just in case, which means that when it was renewed for a fifth and final series, they had to add some storylines which didn't reach the scale of the previous series. But overall, it is a masterpiece!

Having Lightwave on my Amiga...  I was immediatly addicted to Babylon 5.  Probably have all or most of B5 on VHS.

Perhaps now that Genesis 8 is out DAZ will take a break and get back to work on Carrara. wink  What... did I here someone say something about wishes and horses?  Did someone else mutter something about that guy is too optimistic?... I am optimistic!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    Mistara said:

Amazing! Absolutely. If we 'know' how we want it to look, with Carrara lighting and effects (and render settings) we can often make it happen.

Your techniques have inspired me immensely over the years!

if only daz  had understood the potential within carrara and developed it primarily, now we would have been talking about a pro tool like C4D or even maya but with native characters inside, fully rigged and morphable; wow! a dream of almost anyone in CG industry (and still a dream as I can see); moreover what I don't fully understand is the policy at daz: they keep on growing but slowly, they create new human generations but only for artists and amateurs, they don't attack the market with perfect copies of human beings as it should be (think to VR potential): they simply reiterate their work infinitely (and the latest, M8, looks meaningless)

i used to think of carrara and vue as softwares vieing for the same demographic
    but saw more potential in rara

that was exactly my very first feeling smiley

keep forgetting,  camera invisible means cant adjust its production frame  

tee hee  mothra faeries in german

the flying over is like what i wanted for the gorge

I know nuting.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    wgdjohn said:

Perhaps now that Genesis 8 is out DAZ will take a break and get back to work on Carrara. wink  What... did I here someone say something about wishes and horses?  Did someone else mutter something about that guy is too optimistic?... I am optimistic!

that's a great idea, I wonder why daz didnt think of that

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Carrara is a full-fledged program, especially for those who don't need animated figures. Those figures that already work in Carrara are enough for most users. Those users who need more can work in DS. And anyone can create his own animated figures that will work in Carrara.

game of thrones dragons much bigger than what i want for my movie.

bigger than a suffaluffagus

but not as big as a helicopter

Perhaps a teenage copter.

smiley

edited September 2017
    wgdjohn said:
    Mistara said:
    head wax said:

amazing!

smileysmiley

these are makin aiko dance in my head  lol

Great, the first one is very good..  Immediatley I thought of Blackmore's Night... the song below is good Medieval Rock but the transitions in the slideshow are too slow for me... I'd not ever use those.  I could'nt find the song I was looking for on HD.  This has the best sound from all I found on YT.

has an eastern vibe to it.  very nice late night groovd

utube led to this song 

selecting the non moving polys of a soft body cloth, cant select by the shader domain?

after all this time, poser cloth room still confuses me in carrara

• can by name

is it in the side tabs, top menu?

tysmiley

edited September 2017

watching a dress dance

oh dear he wont kiss the pretty fairy ?

sufferin the tummy acid reflux   ohh is awful

i'm the hoarse whisperer,
    throat burned can barely squeak

croak  i did the mirror with symmetry once, made the sheriff badge for the old west challenge.

trick was to put the grid with the axis i wanted to mirror

such a vague memory naos  

back to the day job >.<

workin on a cafe for khajiit to javajavajava smiley

cant decide on a roof. 

cat on a hot tin roof keeps popping in my head. lol  tin roof rusted, luv shack babyyeah

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

laugh

edited September 2017
    Diomede said:

laugh

smileyheart

I was good, I could talk
    A mile a minute
    On this caffeine buzz I was on
    We were really hummin'
    We would talk every day for hours
    We belong to the deadbeat club
    Any way we can
    We're gonna find something
    We'll dance in the garden in torn jepe sheets in the rain

wowwww

i am groot

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

I am Spartacus

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited September 2017

No, I'm Brian!

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Mistara - if you like Celtic sounding music, you may just like this tune that I put together a while ago. Apologies for the blatant promotion of my SoundCloud channel!

https://soundcloud.com/phil-wilkes/the-mountains-of-mourne-celtic

i'se heard of the soundcloud smiley

i am groot 

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Dancing Groot by Sardi Pax

i am groot smileysmiley