Rendo migrations and the risk of duplicate purchases

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,427

mrposer said:

Is there anything I have missed about the future of Rendo??

I believe the overarching situation is that they've changed details of the agreement with their vendors. I don't know how it was changed and I don't know why it was changed, but it seems that some of the vendors didn't like it.

Certainly, it's not a good thing for them in the long run to be driving away some of their most successful sellers.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,000
    edited April 11

Matt_Castle said:

mrposer said:

Is there anything I have missed about the future of Rendo??

I believe the overarching situation is that they've changed details of the agreement with their vendors. I don't know how it was changed and I don't know why it was changed, but it seems that some of the vendors didn't like it.

Certainly, it's not a good thing for them in the long run to be driving away some of their most successful sellers.

If that be the case then yeah can understand why the changing of sites.

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 655
    edited April 11

If that's the case, then I take back what I said about not liking Daz's tactics. But not what I said about G8 support seeming to vanish for the new Daz products, or at least in the cases I care about.

The reason I'm back here more is that the people that have been selling me G8 stuff are all here. Except they aren't selling it any more. So far, that's four purchases not made. The "am I going to buy that" bar is very, very high for a G9 exclusive because it might not work.

Post edited by AndrewJJP on
    edited April 11

AndrewJJP said:

If that's the case, then I take back what I said about not liking Daz's tactics. But not what I said about G8 support seeming to vanish for the new Daz products, or at least in the cases I care about.

The reason I'm back here more is that the people that have been selling me G8 stuff are all here. Except they aren't selling it any more. So far, that's four purchases not made. The "am I going to buy that" bar is very, very high for a G9 exclusive because it might not work.

With the G8 thing, I have bought a few G9 clothing items because of how they look. But that was because of the G9 to G8 autofit clone product, if that product did not exist I would have not bought any. It is probably one reason apart also not having the money I did have and also from not really having enough use of it, are the other reasons I let my Daz+ sub expire, that and well I forgot to check to see if it was on auto renew. lol

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • KerseyKersey Posts: 54

Saw that most of Lully's stuff are unavailable now at Rendo. Maybe she is next.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 559
    edited April 11

This is why I ask Fabi about it the other day.  I don't mind if the stuff I purchased at Rendo disappears from the store as long as I can still download it from my history.  Fabi is my favorite vendor and I have a ton of her stuff and I don't want to lose access to it from Rendo.  Can anyone confirm if the downloads will still be available after it disappears from the store?

EDIT:  I did a quick check and it appears the downloads are still available.

Post edited by Muon Quark on

Muon Quark said:

This is why I ask Fabi about it the other day.  I don't mind if the stuff I purchased at Rendo disappears from the store as long as I can still download it from my history.  Fabi is my favorite vendor and I have a ton of her stuff and I don't want to lose access to it from Rendo.  Can anyone confirm if the downloads will still be available after it disappears from the store?

It's the same for me at the moment. The purchases I checked are still there, although it's not practical to check all of them. I raised a ticket there for clarification:

- Will I retain access to my purchases forever?

- Is it possible that I have lost access to some products and not noticed.

I'll let you know what they say.

AndrewJJP said:

Muon Quark said:

It's the same for me at the moment. The purchases I checked are still there, although it's not practical to check all of them. I raised a ticket there for clarification:

Thanks for the double check.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,153
    edited April 11

I still have purchases from 2003 available for download over there, so I wouldn't worry about them cutting off access to your downloads.

Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,547

It would be really good if we could kind of mark stuff ourselves as 'owned'. I have a middling Rendo library I should think, and with so many artists coming in to DAZ now, it's bound to get confusing. 
    That said, I'm really in two minds about this whole business. It's a pity Rendo is getting drained like this, but from what everyone says, it kinda seems their own fault. And I just LOVE it that future buys from some of my favorite artists will now be DIM ready and smart content tagged without me having to do it all by hand. So - conflicted, I guess. But mostly thrilled! angel

edited April 11

They replied already. It is as expected, you keep them forever.

Post edited by AndrewJJP on

AndrewJJP said:

They replied already. It is as expected, you keep them forever.

Thanks Andrew!!

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

Panzer Emerald said:

Place your bets on who the next Rendo vendor moving to Daz is going to be, because WOW this is pretty surprising.

The Anagord banner had become a valkyrie banner when I looked at the shopfront a few minutes ago (it has now reverted), so I imagine valkyrie's Renderosity products will be showing up soon, perhaps tomorrow.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,191

tsroemi said:

It would be really good if we could kind of mark stuff ourselves as 'owned'. I have a middling Rendo library I should think, and with so many artists coming in to DAZ now, it's bound to get confusing.

I've been using the "whishlist comments" feature of the Daz Deals add-on to add a "+Rendo" tag to them. The + makes the tag show up in store lists as well as product pages (not on search results).

Far from a perfect solution, but that helps.

• FabianaFabiana Posts: 124

If you make a list and send it to me I will Keep it on file, just in case something change, you will have your backups
  • 3DLoki3DLoki Posts: 21

mrposer said:

Is there anything I have missed about the future of Rendo?? I have a ton of content I haven't downloaded yet from over there. 

Since no one has said this yet I guess I'll chime in...

Rendo has recently dropped both "Exclusive Vendors" and "Exclusive Products" stating "it was too hard to police if products / vendors really were exclusive"
    So now all of the Exclusive vendors are free to sell elsewhere.

There was also changes to the vendor "rankings" that some people were not very fond of, but I won't get into that.

I expect more of the names you know and love will be here / returning here.

Loki

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,819

3DLoki said:

mrposer said:

Is there anything I have missed about the future of Rendo?? I have a ton of content I haven't downloaded yet from over there. 

Rendo has recently dropped both "Exclusive Vendors" and "Exclusive Products" stating "it was too hard to police if products / vendors really were exclusive"

There was also changes to the vendor "rankings" that some people were not very fond of, but I won't get into that.

Loki

Thank you, it's always nice to get a peek behind the curtains.

3DLoki said:

mrposer said:

Loki

Yup thank you for the info to know what is going on.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 118

Shame, funnily enough lately more of my purchasing has been elsewhere due to Daz downturn in sales/content i'm into.

Less choice will only harm things going forwards too, a move towards a Daz monopoly is not the best thing for customers.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 439

So the migration continues, and so will the confusion. Some products now being sold at Daz require products from other sites now. Not something that has been very common here at Daz.Not that there is anything wrong with the products, but wow o wow the confusion that it can ignite!

wscottart said:

So the migration continues, and so will the confusion. Some products now being sold at Daz require products from other sites now. Not something that has been very common here at Daz.Not that there is anything wrong with the products, but wow o wow the confusion that it can ignite!

Just had a Daz email in the welcoming format, that mentions Sveva.

Fabiana said:

Muon Quark said:

If you make a list and send it to me I will Keep it on file, just in case something change, you will have your backups

Thanks Fabi, I appreciate it but it's a very very long list.  I'm making sure I have all the products from Rendo downloaded so I don't lose them.  Thanks sweetie!

• evacynevacyn Posts: 963

Ghosty12 said:

wscottart said:

Just had a Daz email in the welcoming format, that mentions Sveva.

I saw that and was super excited to get some of their stuff I'm missing, but it looks like it was just a false alarm (at least for today).

• ExpozuresExpozures Posts: 219
    edited April 13

Strike that.  Skimmed through too fast before seeing 3DLoki's response.

Post edited by Expozures on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,066

Fabiana said:

Hello everyone!

I want to come and drop som lines for the interest and easy life :)

None of the products that were migrated from my Renderosity store to Daz store in this promotion from yesterday was changed, or edited, or modified at all: They are the same, so as I said in another forum post, if you already have them, you are safe and owning the latest file.

I will make very sure to put it clear if some of those get an update or a re-version to fit newer figures.

I don´t think there is away to have records here of what you bought at any other given place. I myself do what other commenters here explained, before to buy.

As was said above too, I kept the names and images as they were from start so it is less confusing.

I am here if someone needs more info or help, I would gladly answer!

Thank you so much for the interest!

Fabi

How does this square with the fact that you used to almost exclusively make things for Poser. Many of those products were not made for Daz (and you often advised buyers about this). 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,955

I, for one, would love to see more PAs migrate over from rendo, as there are incredibly talented artists over there that are exclusive to that shopfront, which I am barred from using because I cannot update my account info unless I purchase something, and I can't purchase anything because I don't have updated account info!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,191
    edited April 13

mcorr said:

Fabiana said:

Hello everyone!

None of the products that were migrated from my Renderosity store to Daz store in this promotion from yesterday was changed, or edited, or modified at all: They are the same, so as I said in another forum post, if you already have them, you are safe and owning the latest file.

I will make very sure to put it clear if some of those get an update or a re-version to fit newer figures.

I don´t think there is away to have records here of what you bought at any other given place. I myself do what other commenters here explained, before to buy.

As was said above too, I kept the names and images as they were from start so it is less confusing.

Fabi

How does this square with the fact that you used to almost exclusively make things for Poser. Many of those products were not made for Daz (and you often advised buyers about this). 

Fabiana has been making products for DS too for quite a few years now, and the products she moved here are recent DS products, not the older Poser ones (which, btw, worked perfectly fine in DS with some materials adjustments and could definitely have been moved as is)

Post edited by Leana on
  • FabianaFabiana Posts: 124
    mcorr said:

Fabiana said:

Hello everyone!

Fabi

Hello! I did Poser stuff until I stopped and never went back to it. So changed my objective. Being sincere, I used to work from sunrise to midnight, 2 teens to educate... No time for another software. That's all. Plain and simple. But now I'm full into Daz studio
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,410

OMG everyone there is a simple solution to the migration and duplicate purchases.

#1 Everything you bought is in your account, so go copy down the names of everything you purchased to notepad or wordpad or whatever you use.

#2 Alphabetize it to make it easy to find a product if previously bought

#3 Save to desktop or wherever you save files like that

#4 Check list if you're not sure if you already have it

Very Simple Solution To The Problem.

Anyone who does not do this is looking for someone else to do the work for them. There's a word for people like that, but my post would probably get deleted if I said it.

What I find hilarious is that I even have to say any of that.

• cblueyescblueyes Posts: 9
    edited April 14

When you go to your account page on rendo next to the search purchaces on the right is CSV download  all your purchaces since your first purchace!

Post edited by cblueyes on