Rendo migrations and the risk of duplicate purchases

Comments

• cblueyescblueyes Posts: 9

to search just click ctrl F and type what you are looking for if you have tons of stuff from there ;)

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,342
    edited April 14

Oh I didn't know about that option, thank you.

Wait that's a CSV file, how do you get the pdf version?

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
    edited April 14

You're welcome ! Ok you are right it is a cvs file I just clicked on the file and it opened for me 

Post edited by cblueyes on

Ok you are right it is a cvs file I just clicked on the file and it opened for me so guess its not a pdf ... have you tried to click on it ?

edited April 14

do you have notepad A CSV file is a simple text file that you can open in a wide variety of programs, including any program that works with plain text like the Notepad app

just right click on it and open it with note pad

edited April 14

Yes I have notepad and wordpad and notepad++ so will do that and thanks again.

Ok you have to right click and choose what program you want to open it with, might have to tweak a bunch to get it looking the way you want, unless you use something other then WordPad. Maybe MSWord can sort it or something similar.

I'll see what I can come up with that will be simple to understand and do.

Ok I just checked the varioius programs on my computer and the best option is notepad++. You can clean it up if you want so you don't have to look through so much text, but that's up the individual.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
    edited April 14

Yes I just redownload it if I purchace new items that way they overwrite the old one .... I just do ctrl F and put a part of the name of item i'm looking for in and it finds it but yes It would be easier 

it was just a list of items in abc order !   Try clicking on the cvs file and not opening it in notepad if you can its in number order so you can see it better! its opening mine in notepads

I'll give it a try but later, in the middle of cooking and family coming over

• CricketCricket Posts: 438

Maybe not as convienient, but if you go to your orders at Renderosity, you can type in the name of the product, and if you bought it, that particular order will show up.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,053

OMG everyone there is a simple solution to the migration and duplicate purchases.

#1 Everything you bought is in your account, so go copy down the names of everything you purchased to notepad or wordpad or whatever you use.

#2 Alphabetize it to make it easy to find a product if previously bought

#3 Save to desktop or wherever you save files like that

#4 Check list if you're not sure if you already have it

Of course, but: For those with a large Rendo library from multiple artists, they will need to remember which artists moved their stores to Daz and cross reference potential purchases whenever they don't remember offhand whether they already have the item. Shopping here is already cumbersome, and that is a significant hassle to add to the experience. Also, the catalog and sale pages will now be clogged with already-purchased items.

Some form of account-linking service to mirror purchases between the stores would be welcome, even if only a one-time thing. Rendo might not stand to benefit much from it, but Rendo doesn't seem to be making good decisions anyway (having chosen market suicide), so who knows - maybe they'd cooperate if Daz approached them.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,465

Faeryl Womyn said:

Open the CSV, go to print, and save as PDF instead of your printer is how I usually do it.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314
    edited April 15

csv files are common seperated lists of columns and are best opened in a spread sheet app, like Microsoft Excel or the free Open Office Calc. These will read the files in and display the data correctly formatted into columns.

Since the files are text, not binary, they can also be read by any text editor, eg Notepad, Notepad++ etc, but they will not look as professional as you will see all the commas seperating the fields.

Post edited by Havos on
  • DarkRepastDarkRepast Posts: 221

Good for the vendors for moving, but sad for those of us who didn't jump on Gen 9. 

I have an obscene amount invested in Daz. I only started in 2016. But if all the best sellers are going to be focusing on 9...well, my bank account thanks them because this is where I get off the ride. I know some folks have been through a lot more transition than me, but I started with Gen 2, got a TON of Gen 3, and then Gen 8. And the start over always leaves massive gaps in the library. I still don't have several staples for Gen 8. Or at least, not quality versions. 

Still, it's hard to find information about what Renderosity did to cause this exodus. Specifics, at least. It would be nice to find out if there were some kind of unethical practices or something. I'd rather not support that kind of behavior.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,069

DarkRepast said:

Still, it's hard to find information about what Renderosity did to cause this exodus. Specifics, at least. It would be nice to find out if there were some kind of unethical practices or something. I'd rather not support that kind of behavior.

It has been answered in another thread: Rendo changed their publishing agreements, and one of the major changes is that they don't have exclusive vendors anymore.
    Which likely means that vendors who used to be exclusive get a lower cut on sales there with the new rules, and it's become more interesting for them to sell at Daz from a business point of view.

• Where

Is

Lully !!!!

frank0314 said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

Open the CSV, go to print, and save as PDF instead of your printer is how I usually do it.

I tried to do that only there's no option to print.  The image shows you what I see.

Capture.JPG
    727 x 611 - 68K

Havos said:

csv files are common seperated lists of columns and are best opened in a spread sheet app, like Microsoft Excel or the free Open Office Calc. These will read the files in and display the data correctly formatted into columns.

Since the files are text, not binary, they can also be read by any text editor, eg Notepad, Notepad++ etc, but they will not look as professional as you will see all the commas seperating the fields.

I tried using Open Office Calc but it looks exactly like the CSV file.

Faeryl Womyn said:

Havos said:

Check that in the import options the separator is set to comma

• TogireTogire Posts: 404
    edited April 16

It works very well with libreoffice (and probably other spreadsheets)

The interest to use a spreadsheet is that it is possible to automatically create a link to the daz page (if it exists) from the product name (that is in the csv).

Once the link is created,  click on it to open the page. If the page exists, it means that you have already purchased the product from rendo and you can as you want: hide the page, wishlist with a specific comment, enter it in a file, make a note in the csv, etc. If the page does not exist, most probably the product has not been transferred to the daz shop.

Here is a function to create the url from the product name that I found in another forum. It work 99% of the times. Just past it at row 1 to any empty column, then copy-paste it to the row(s) of the product(s) that you want to check.

=HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("https://www.daz3d.com/";LOWER(REGEX(SUBSTITUTE(C1;"(s)";"-s");"[ -._/]+";"-";"g"))))

Post edited by Togire on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

Are they using the exact same product names as at Rendo?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,344

Taoz said:

Yes, at least that has been confirmed by one and another is using the G8F etc. cotnractions that Daz doesn't normally allow in product titles.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

Richard Haseltine said:

Taoz said:

Yes, at least that has been confirmed by one and another is using the G8F etc. cotnractions that Daz doesn't normally allow in product titles.

OK, thanks! 

Havos said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

Check that in the import options the separator is set to comma

That worked and I also figured out how to properlly use the CSV file, seems I was looking at it wrong lol I have both as a CSV and PDF now. 

Thank you both Frank and Havos. 

• DripDrip Posts: 1,149

I'm actually quite excited to see what other vendors will appear here, and could easily make a wishlist for that. There are definitely some who fill niches which are rarely or never adressed in the Daz store, like the Gynoids by EdArt, the sci-fi environments by cofleck-gnorg (they go nice with petipet's stuff) and the houses by Samant (houses and villa's with both exterior and interior, it always frustrates me when a product is only exterior or only interior!). So, I do hope for a lot more vendors to come over!

• cblueyes said:

When you go to your account page on rendo next to the search purchaces on the right is CSV download  all your purchaces since your first purchace!

This is what I would do.  As far as losing purchases at Rendo....I don't see that happening, as I still have access to products from vendors who left the store long ago. 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985

Just seen that Powerage and Color Galeria have joined. Not sure about Color Galeria's products as have not purchased any that I know of over at Rendo. But Powerage is one of the more notable PA's, and have purchased quite a few of their products.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 431
    edited April 18

Wow, Daz must have new leadership, they are allowing in some really racy stuff we are not use to seeing in their product lines. Not complaining  just sayin "Wow"

Post edited by wscottart on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,344

Ghosty12 said:

Just seen that Powerage and Color Galeria have joined. Not sure about Color Galeria's products as have not purchased any that I know of over at Rendo. But Powerage is one of the more notable PA's, and have purchased quite a few of their products.

Both have sold here in the past - I already have some of their items in my history.

Powerage changed his name to Christophe3D a year or so ago, but for some reason has reverted to his old name on both stores now.

Only a portion of his products appears to have moved to DAZ. 

Nice to see at least one new vendor that is not predominately female skimpwear, or texture expansions of the same.

• ViolaViola Posts: 4

With all the migrations, and now staff changes at Rendo, I have no idea why people think their purchases there are "safe".

Has anyone considered what happens to their purchases should Rendo die, esp. since it seems hellbent on killing itself?

I suggest you all run over there and download your files for your own protection and safe-keeping.