LIVE! In the store NOW!! LowPi - the Low Poly Figure, and Crowd Creator Scripts

Comments

• fullerdbfullerdb Posts: 47

Totte said:

OK Thanks!
    You gave me a hint, I think that I solved this last "too greedy loader check".

There you go! This latest file did the trick and I no longer get the "Failed to load" errors!

Thanks, @totte.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,364
    edited May 18

Lyrra Madril said:

The rest of the promo art has been added.  Now you can see a little more clearly all the features of the figure :)

When you set up a scene for crowd creator I suggest you start by putting the four corner markers for the area you want the crowd. Then use the rectangle and circle masking markers to mark parts off limits, like trees, or buildings. Get the marker aligned nicoely with the ground plane - the script uses that to figure out the height of the terrain. You can also place height marker props on things like steps or curbs.  Thewn add seat marker tags for every place someone can sit - chairs, benches, walls if that works for you.  And then you can add attenion markers that attract or repel Lowpi.  I know, a lot right? theres a lot to tell the script.  But after  you set it up in your scene you can save it as a Scene subset right into the scenes prop folder and never have to do it again.

https://www.daz3d.com/lm-lowpi-lowpoly-figure

How do I add corner markers?

I do not see such item in the props included.

Scr02.jpg
    1029 x 721 - 213K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,911

Artini said:

Lyrra Madril said:

The rest of the promo art has been added.  Now you can see a little more clearly all the features of the figure :)

When you set up a scene for crowd creator I suggest you start by putting the four corner markers for the area you want the crowd. Then use the rectangle and circle masking markers to mark parts off limits, like trees, or buildings. Get the marker aligned nicoely with the ground plane - the script uses that to figure out the height of the terrain. You can also place height marker props on things like steps or curbs.  Thewn add seat marker tags for every place someone can sit - chairs, benches, walls if that works for you.  And then you can add attenion markers that attract or repel Lowpi.  I know, a lot right? theres a lot to tell the script.  But after  you set it up in your scene you can save it as a Scene subset right into the scenes prop folder and never have to do it again.

https://www.daz3d.com/lm-lowpi-lowpoly-figure

How do I add corner markers?

I do not see such item in the props included.

Lyrra ment LP Border Marker. To her excuse the LP Markers first had internal names when we were developing and testing, not gonna mention what the modeler called the LP Seat Marker.

Thanks for the explanation, @Totte

At least, I have succeded to add LowPi figures to the LP Seat Markers.

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 277

oh sorry, yeah 'border markers'   You can use more than 4, but its difficult to get only convex shapes with it so four is fast and easy

It takes a little getting used to, but we did our best to make it as painless as possible for users.  Also once you have a scene set up with the markup props, save them as a scene subset and never have to do it again for that scene.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121
    edited May 20

Here is a crowd of LowPi in the Neon Subway. I added a couple billboard people to break up the monotony, and one G9 focal point.

Neon subway Bloom LowPi_002_Camera 3.jpg
    2000 x 1236 - 952K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited May 20

One LowPi crowd, three LowPi on the fire escapes, one Lorenzo Lorez, one Lorez Police, one dog billboard, one skateboarder billboard are loving the hot dog stand!
    I like the way the LowPi are rigged so I can adjust their pose if necessary. I like that I can change the clothing or clothing colors if I don't like the random selection.

LowPi running for Hot Dog_Camera (2).jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

Very good ones! I see you are using the LP Attention Marker and attract power to make them run towards the hotdog stand. 

Totte said:

Very good ones! I see you are using the LP Attention Marker and attract power to make them run towards the hotdog stand. 

Yup, they must be hungry.

Did you see the LowPi with the umbrella hanging off the fire escape ladder? He must think he is Mary Poppins.

barbult said:

Did you see the LowPi with the umbrella hanging off the fire escape ladder? He must think he is Mary Poppins.

Haha brilliant!

Great examples, @barbult.

Still need to practice LowPi more to get some results to show.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,741

Awesome, barbult. They mix really well in distant renders with LoRenzos and billboards. I like it too that poses and colors can be altered. 

The LP Attention Marker is a wonderful thing, Totte!

luci45 said:

Awesome, barbult. They mix really well in distant renders with LoRenzos and billboards. I like it too that poses and colors can be altered. 

The LP Attention Marker is a wonderful thing, Totte!

Thank you! This was one of the core functionalities that we specified early on that we wanted to have, and in combination with Droppoint Maker and the Direction Marker, you can create rather interesting flows of LowPis.

• Ben OaksBen Oaks Posts: 60

FeralFey said:

Diversify your crowds and background figures by using LowPi, the low poly figure, and the Crowd Creator scripts!

Brought to you by the team that produced Flock-It, the Squishy Humans, and Traffic Patterns Script and Prop Collection (amongst other cool products), LowPi is a modern lowpoly standalone figure that can be easily manipulated to fit ALL your background figure and crowd needs. A sleek 3224 polygon figure, LowPi has three material zones and 25 body parts, so posing and texturing are a breeze.

The base LowPi product is gender neutral, but comes pumped with morphs to make it female, male, skinny, plump, adult or child-sized. There are 20 skin textures to choose from, making it easy to cover a wide range of skin tones, plus 5 eye colors, and 20 different lip colors to choose from. Included are both business and casual modern outfits to fit LowPi into any contemporary situation. Each clothing piece has multiple color options, too! And if that wasn't enough, there are also four hair styles with nine different colors, plus a set of bangs/fringe that will give you even more choices to play with. And we've got you covered for poses!

As an added bonus, LowPi is designed to wear outfits that fit Genesis 1 through Genesis 9! So if you have a specific selection of outfits or hairs you need your background figure to wear, LowPi can be customized to your heart's content!

What really makes LowPi a powerhouse tool for making background figures and crowds is the Crowd Creator script and marker prop system. The script collection allow you to input how many LowPi figures you want to use in your crowd, how many instances you want to include of LowPi. There are scripts that will randomize the look of the LowPi figures, changing the outfits and hair styles so you don't have to do it. Plus, there are scripts to randomize the included poses through what we're calling "PoseKits"; scripts to set up areas to attract and/or repel LowPi figures in your scene; and scripts to make sure seated poses are used for chair locations, and standing poses for non-sitting locations. You'll also be able to set up crowds at a stand-still versus crowds running in terror. The possibilities are endless!

Keep your eyes open for more expansion sets that will add more clothing, props, poses, themes and options to diversify your crowds. 

I just purchased this item. It's great so far. My question is, where are the UVs for the character? I cannot find them.  

I was also wanting UVs to make a built-in body suit. 

Huh. Wonder how those get left behind in the shuffle. I'll make sure to get them added in, sorry about that.

But here are the two jpg templates. One for eyes and one for lips and body

I use a single white with darker line details texture for the body, and the differrent skin tones done with diffuse tints and etc. This let me cut down on imagemaps being used by a great deal.  The eyes are a simple 'sticker' approach with a map for each color of eye.

LM

Lowpi-Template-1.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 174K
    Lowpi-Template-2.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 41K
    edited May 20

Coming soon for a LowPi near you: LowPoly Crowd Creator Expansion: Undead

Skeletons.png
    2000 x 2600 - 6M
    Post edited by Totte on

if those are a little dry for you how about ... 

popup_11.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 879K

Lyrra Madril , thank you! Much needed for clowns, aliens, and other fun things.

Totte, low-poly skeletons, really?

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,928

Yes, the Lowpi Undead Expansion is a TREAT!!! Mwhahahahahahaha!!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

FeralFey said:

Yes, the Lowpi Undead Expansion is a TREAT!!! Mwhahahahahahaha!!!

Is there an H missing there?

• Ben OaksBen Oaks Posts: 60

Lyrra Madril said:

Huh. Wonder how those get left behind in the shuffle. I'll make sure to get them added in, sorry about that.

But here are the two jpg templates. One for eyes and one for lips and body

I use a single white with darker line details texture for the body, and the differrent skin tones done with diffuse tints and etc. This let me cut down on imagemaps being used by a great deal.  The eyes are a simple 'sticker' approach with a map for each color of eye.

LM

Thank you very much. I'm sure I could have made these myslf using the UV Editor, but it's much easier this way. Thanks again. 

I wish there were a way to coordinate lip colors with skin colors for a more natural look. Am I missing something? I'm getting lots of very garish combinations.I know I can exclude some lip colors from the crowd setup, but that still doesn't result in a natural look with dark lips on dark skin and light lips on light skin. I'm getting masculine characters with bright lipstick.

edited May 21

I made some scenes a few days ago and everything went OK. Today no matter what I do only a quarter of the crowd generates and I get a message about failing to load wearables. I reinstalled the script and the figure and am just using defaults for settings. 

wtf wearables.jpg
    642 x 477 - 45K
    Post edited by luci45 on

luci45 said:

I made some scenes a few days ago and everything went OK. Today no matter what I do only a quarter of the crowd generates and I get a message about failing to load wearables. I reinstalled the script and the figure and am just using defaults for settings. 

Check the laterst popengine i posted here. I have an update going too  with some enhancements, but that error is the "O shit it's naked" checker that  in some situations are too rigid. 

Here are the latest updates to the Crowd Gen Scripts. a full update will come through Daz but that takes a bit longer.
    Hopefully fixing all the "nekkid checker being stupid" and also some enhanchements and other bugs fixed.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, but this has been such a moving living thing with so many things effecting it from different directions.

dse
    dse
    LP Crowd Generator.dse
    dse
    dse
    PopEngine.dse

barbult said:

I wish there were a way to coordinate lip colors with skin colors for a more natural look. Am I missing something? I'm getting lots of very garish combinations.I know I can exclude some lip colors from the crowd setup, but that still doesn't result in a natural look with dark lips on dark skin and light lips on light skin. I'm getting masculine characters with bright lipstick.

This was a discussion early on, but would add such a horrible layer of complexity ontop of the already horribly complex things, the same way we do not "colourmatch hair to skin either". I usually just turn off those most screaming lip colors. Every layer of complexity not only adds complexity to the code, it adds complexity to the Kitsand Pron Scripts and also adds execution time to the population engine (popengine), so those were things decided early, we draw the line here. Not saying this cannot change in future updates, if there is enough demand and it can be done without adding too much complexitry to the Pro Scripts.

Totte said:

barbult said:

This was a discussion early on, but would add such a horrible layer of complexity ontop of the already horribly complex things, the same way we do not "colourmatch hair to skin either". I usually just turn off those most screaming lip colors. Every layer of complexity not only adds complexity to the code, it adds complexity to the Kitsand Pron Scripts and also adds execution time to the population engine (popengine), so those were things decided early, we draw the line here. Not saying this cannot change in future updates, if there is enough demand and it can be done without adding too much complexitry to the Pro Scripts.

It seems like each skin preset could have the Lips surface set to a value to coordinate with the skin. Then a user could uncheck all the lips color selections, so the lips surface color, that was set by the skin preset, would not be overwritten.

Totte said:

Here are the latest updates to the Crowd Gen Scripts. a full update will come through Daz but that takes a bit longer.
    Hopefully fixing all the "nekkid checker being stupid" and also some enhanchements and other bugs fixed.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, but this has been such a moving living thing with so many things effecting it from different directions.

OK, I'll try the revised one. It didn't generate any 'nekkid' folks when it couldn't find clothes, must be prudish. LOL.