There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

1585960616264»

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,253

kyoto kid said:

SilverGirl said:

Really? I understood it as only being useful if you wanted to use G9 stuff on earlier generations. Am I just not wrapping my head around the description correctly? (Which is entirely likely?) 

...yes that's how the product description reads:

MMX Genesis 9 Clones for All brings you the autofit clone you have been waiting for. You get a Genesis 9 autofit clone for Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 3 Male, Genesis 8 Female, and Genesis 8 Male. Now you can use Genesis 9 outfits and hair on all your favorite Genesis figures!

And that's what I wanted! angel

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 341
    edited 2:59PM

XiousDs said:

Just an FYI, the Jessica character today from ROM FX has an Editorial License.

She's not a good lookalike character for Jennifer Garner (I only see it because someone pointed it out on the lookalike thread).  She doesn't come with any costumes, so why would they make it an EL?

Knowing it was editorial license I figured it had to be similar to someone famous. She was the closest I could think of based on knowing the name is usually close to the inspiration model for artist ROM FX. With that said, I think as a look a like it was an aweful model so why bother giving it an Editorial License. There are so many models on this site that are like near perfect twins and they don't have Editorial licenses. Just look at Mouso's work. I guess maybe it helps to use completely unrelated names, but in many cases it's not just the shape but well produced skins to match with features like moles matching up with the source model. Guess that is a reason i loved lots of Mouso's work. HID recently made a model i liked, but then realized it was editorial, so it was quickly dropped from the cart and not wish listed. I refuse to buy character models with Editorial licenses even if they are just for messing around with personally. Every person has a ton of look a likes as you get more and more famous people eventually if every famous person had their look editorialized there would be nothing left and potentially models made without trying to mimic someone's appearance could be criticized for copying an appearance. There's that old saying about someone being 1 in a million. That means there are like 8,000 people who look like that 1 person. Lol. Several years back a non famous person named Justin Bebier had his Face book account closed for impersonating Justin Beiber because he had the same name with same spelling even though he had his account years before the kid had become famous. He wasn't trying to impersonate the singer, he just had his account with the name as he had for years, then had to fight to try to get his account turned back on and given to him. Anyways, editorial license on character models that look similar to people rant over. Lol
    Post edited by XiousDs at