There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

1575859606163»

Comments

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128
    Re: "Premier is worth it" - Personally, I don't care what savings it might offer. Daz tied the new discount tier to its rental scheme, and I'd rather not support it. I might have been interested if not for tools and content being put behind the subscription.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited October 17

rokkr said:

Knowing there's a PW Productions item as Door Buster: "Yay!!!"

Discovering you already own the item: "Boo-hoo..."

...finding you don't own it, it is normally over 70$, and not G9 oriented content is a big "yay!

...but yeah, when i clicked on Thursday's door buster (G9 clones which will let me use G9 clothing and hair on older generations) it already said "Purchased".  The scary part is I don't remember buying it. 

I guess that may be one of the warning signs of Dazaholicism.

...and G9 clothing and hair are now on the "menu".as well..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 530

Arrived today for the 80% off Bundles lol ... 20 year old content and down to 50% for Genesis 3 which was released over 10 years ago.

Now that we've got Daz 2D catoonz II'll hope to see if there's a Victoria abstract expessionism release next week.

ComfyUI_00268_.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,120

TriCounter said:

Arrived today for the 80% off Bundles lol ... 20 year old content and down to 50% for Genesis 3 which was released over 10 years ago.

Now that we've got Daz 2D catoonz II'll hope to see if there's a Victoria abstract expessionism release next week.

I am wondering if Hiro9 will be necromanced since they killed him off a few generations back and seemed intent on shipping Aiko with a line of swole GigaChads

• The Toon Environment Bundle is alright.  Not too impressive but also not too expensive.  It makes sense to release that after Vicky 9.  I hope we see some 3D style stuff come back soon.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 229
    edited October 17

I'm not impressed with today's buy-in deal: a $22 toon bundle that doesn't do much to save on non-toon items. Sure, it's great for toon fans, and I'm happy for them for the opportunity to have a nice deal. As someone who isn't into toons, but might be open to trying a few, this isn't a good way to entice me. A smaller, less costly buy-in or one that does more to reduce the price of other items would be far more attractive to me. Today is an easy pass for me.

Maybe I'm not looking at this the right way- I'm not responsible for anything before my second cup of coffee.

Post edited by gfdamron1 on
  • gfdamron1 said:

I'm not impressed with today's buy-in deal: a $22 toon bundle that doesn't do much to save on non-toon items. Sure, it's great for toon fans, and I'm happy for them for the opportunity to have a nice deal. As someone who isn't into toons, but might be open to trying a few, this isn't a good way to entice me. A smaller, less costly buy-in or one that does more to reduce the price of other items would be far more attractive to me. Today is an easy pass for me.

Maybe I'm not looking at this the right way- I'm not responsible for anything before my second cup of coffee.

Well, the bundle isn't the craziest thing but you do get an extra 20% off the Featured Artists if you have it in your cart. Also not the greatest but you can maybe get a decent deal with combining those and some tokens. 

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,315

I grabbed the bundle so I'd have some scenery already set up for Filatoon, but the added discount fell flat. I saw much lower prices on several of those bundles yesterday with a less pricy buy-in. 

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 434

In an entirely unpaid testimonial: The doorbuster today is MMX G9 Clones and if you do not have this and you care to work with G9 at all, you want this. Really. You do. This is one of the two tools (the other being https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-pose-converter-bundle ) that finally enabled me to start using G9.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 339

I grabbed the bundle so I'd have some scenery already set up for Filatoon, but the added discount fell flat. I saw much lower prices on several of those bundles yesterday with a less pricy buy-in. 

Buy in for me yesterday was about $3 in order to get many DO gen 8 and 9 items at 90% off BEFORE using my 8 tokens and coupon code. After using tokens and $10off25 coupon yesterday, I was able to get slightly over $1200 worth of DO stuff for $40.10 Daz credit total.
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

columbine said:

In an entirely unpaid testimonial: The doorbuster today is MMX G9 Clones and if you do not have this and you care to work with G9 at all, you want this. Really. You do. This is one of the two tools (the other being https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-pose-converter-bundle ) that finally enabled me to start using G9.

Really? I understood it as only being useful if you wanted to use G9 stuff on earlier generations. Am I just not wrapping my head around the description correctly? (Which is entirely likely?) 

• OrangeFalconOrangeFalcon Posts: 154
    edited October 17

I believe the converter tool works both ways so you can utilize G8 and G9 back and forth.  I started using Daz recently, so personally I don't use G8 or 8.1 much, but one day, there'll be another model and I'll have use for a product like this for Genesis 10, X or whatever they come up with.

Post edited by OrangeFalcon on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,353
    edited October 17

SilverGirl said:

columbine said:

Really? I understood it as only being useful if you wanted to use G9 stuff on earlier generations. Am I just not wrapping my head around the description correctly? (Which is entirely likely?) 

No SilverGirl, on the subject of the MMX Clones you have not misunderstood - the product is indeed for fitting Genesis 9 clothes and hair onto Genesis "1", 2F, 2M, 3F, 3M, 8F and 8M.

ETA: The Pose Converter Bundle on the other hand seems (like OrangeFalcon says) to go in either direction between Genesis 3/8 and 9.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

SilverGirl said:

Well, one awesome thing about the new toon stuff for those of us who aren't into it... it's so visually different than everything else that it makes it super easy to scan right by them in the Debut New section.

laugh 

edited October 17

SilverGirl said:

columbine said:

No, that's right. It's to fit G9 clothes to earlier generations. The thing is, new clothing for those earlier generations is basically no longer being made, and without the clones, the G9-to-G8 autofit didn't work ... so without it, I was looking at the possibility that I wouldn't be able to buy new clothing items EVER again, since putting clothing on my handful of G9s is much less important to me than being able to use it on my hundreds of G8s.

When these clones first came out, I owned maybe two G9s and they were not promising enough for me to want to buy more, so I really did think "Welp, that's it for me, my resources are frozen, I'm limited to using whatever G8 resources I have on hand because there won't be any more." The autofit clones not only encouraged me to buy more G9 wardrobe but more G9 figures, since they were no longer "oh, special inventory just for them that I can't mix with my G8s at all." I also have some (separate) autofit helpers to upfit G8 to G9 better, but for various reasons those were not as vital to me as the downfit ones.

The pose converter was even more important long-term because -- and I haven't yet figured out the reason for this -- almost all the G9 pose kits I have so far are HORRIBLE. I don't buy G9 pose kits anymore, and just drop G8 poses onto the G9s. It takes exactly three extra seconds.

Post edited by columbine on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

columbine said:

i just realized i bought the batch converter and not the pose converter ... so i have the 3/8 to 9 pose converter but the 9 to 3/8 batch converter, which will not work without the pose converter. How did I do that?  

daveso said:

columbine said:

i just realized i bought the batch converter and not the pose converter ... so i have the 3/8 to 9 pose converter but the 9 to 3/8 batch converter, which will not work without the pose converter. How did I do that?  

Bought the individual product and not the bundle?

I linked the bundle but I don't actually own the whole bundle myself (I figured it was a more useful link for most people). I only own the 3/8->9 pose converter, which does not save new converted copies of the poses; it applies the pose to the G9 figure "on the fly" each time. I might one day buy the 9->3/8 pose converter if anyone ever comes out with packs of G9 poses worth having (see comment above).

I avoided the batch converters because they do save new converted copies of poses, and even though pose files are very small, the on-the-fly converter is fast enough that there doesn't seem to be a need for this.

I hadn't realized until you said it that the pose converter is a prerequisite for the batch converter, though now that I look I do see that the page copy says:

"Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Batch Pose Converter is an add-on for the Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter ..."

in addition to listing the pose converter as a requirement.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252
    edited October 17

columbine said:

Makes sense to me! I went ahead and got the MMX clones. Been on my radar for a while, glad to have them. I'll grab the Pose Converter bundle when the time is right. smiley

Post edited by Torquinox on
    edited October 17

columbine said:

daveso said:

Bought the individual product and not the bundle?

I linked the bundle but I don't actually own the whole bundle myself (I figured it was a more useful link for most people). I only own the 3/8->9 pose converter, which does not save new converted copies of the poses; it applies the pose to the G9 figure "on the fly" each time. I might one day buy the 9->3/8 pose converter if anyone ever comes out with packs of G9 poses worth having (see comment above).

I avoided the batch converters because they do save new converted copies of poses, and even though pose files are very small, the on-the-fly converter is fast enough that there doesn't seem to be a need for this.

I hadn't realized until you said it that the pose converter is a prerequisite for the batch converter, though now that I look I do see that the page copy says:

"Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Batch Pose Converter is an add-on for the Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter ..."

in addition to listing the pose converter as a requirement.

It's all in the bundle. I'm not seeing the problem. My Daz library is about a terabyte now. Not sweating the pose files. Anyway, thanks for the link and the tip.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

columbine said:

SilverGirl said:

columbine said:

No, that's right. It's to fit G9 clothes to earlier generations. The thing is, new clothing for those earlier generations is basically no longer being made, and without the clones, the G9-to-G8 autofit didn't work ... so without it, I was looking at the possibility that I wouldn't be able to buy new clothing items EVER again, since putting clothing on my handful of G9s is much less important to me than being able to use it on my hundreds of G8s.

When these clones first came out, I owned maybe two G9s and they were not promising enough for me to want to buy more, so I really did think "Welp, that's it for me, my resources are frozen, I'm limited to using whatever G8 resources I have on hand because there won't be any more." The autofit clones not only encouraged me to buy more G9 wardrobe but more G9 figures, since they were no longer "oh, special inventory just for them that I can't mix with my G8s at all." I also have some (separate) autofit helpers to upfit G8 to G9 better, but for various reasons those were not as vital to me as the downfit ones.

The pose converter was even more important long-term because -- and I haven't yet figured out the reason for this -- almost all the G9 pose kits I have so far are HORRIBLE. I don't buy G9 pose kits anymore, and just drop G8 poses onto the G9s. It takes exactly three extra seconds.

Sure, that makes sense. I imagine when things move up to 10 at  some point I'll hope for something similar to get stuff down to my G9s.

I'm pretty indiscriminate about generation when I buy pose kits, though probably the majority have been 3/8 just due to price. So many kits in general are either stiff-looking or society's stereotype of masc/fem, though. All of those get a fast hard pass for me.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,413

Torquinox said:

My Daz library is about a terabyte now. Not sweating the pose files. Anyway, thanks for the link and the tip.

Try close to twelve with a lot of stil unistalled content laugh

Robert Freise said:

Try close to twelve with a lot of stil unistalled content laugh

haha! you & cybersox laugh 

• edited October 17

Haven't found much for me in this sale. Haven't fancied a single Whatever For a Day item & same for most of the Door Busters, except today's that I already own.  The only things I've bought are several dogs, a couple mildly interesting bundles from the horror coupon selection earlier this week, & used the Premier code to get the Vicky 9 bundle (because none of the other eligible bundles interested me). I haven't even installed the Vicky 9 bundle. And the wishlisted DO I wanted most from this sale hasn't been in the best deals. IMO, so far it's the blah-est October Sale here ever.

It's not just The Whole Premier Thing coloring my view,  either. As a thought exercise, I pretended I was having a chat with my counterpart from an alternate timeline where there's still only our old, familiar Daz+ & Daz+ Sale. She says it's pretty boring in her timeline too. No BYO Bundle - not even more recent items at a higher price point. For A Day selections that just aren't for her. Other-Timeline-Me was only mildly curious about Vicky 9, but not enough to pay if it is released by her timeline's Daz 3. She also said that if she got a free bundle coupon with several weeks to use it, she would've waited another week or 2 to see if one of the few G9 core figures she liked got added to the selection. Also she bought every Dog 8 breed she didn't have, new or old, last week, so now she has more than me. Guess I need the rest of the pack. When we signed off, she was checking to see if she had any new manually added tutorial items in her content because she agrees with me that was cool of our timeline's Daz.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • miladyderyni_173d399f47 Thanks for sharing your chat with your counterpart from the alternate timeline. laughI also had to give in and get all the new dog breeds...

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 339

Haven't found much for me in this sale. Haven't fancied a single Whatever For a Day item & same for most of the Door Busters, except today's that I already own.  The only things I've bought are several dogs, a couple mildly interesting bundles from the horror coupon selection earlier this week, & used the Premier code to get the Vicky 9 bundle (because none of the other eligible bundles interested me). I haven't even installed the Vicky 9 bundle. And the wishlisted DO I wanted most from this sale hasn't been in the best deals. IMO, so far it's the blah-est October Sale here ever.

It's not just The Whole Premier Thing coloring my view,  either. As a thought exercise, I pretended I was having a chat with my counterpart from an alternate timeline where there's still only our old, familiar Daz+ & Daz+ Sale. She says it's pretty boring in her timeline too. No BYO Bundle - not even more recent items at a higher price point. For A Day selections that just aren't for her. Other-Timeline-Me was only mildly curious about Vicky 9, but not enough to pay if it is released by her timeline's Daz 3. She also said that if she got a free bundle coupon with several weeks to use it, she would've waited another week or 2 to see if one of the few G9 core figures she liked got added to the selection. Also she bought every Dog 8 breed she didn't have, new or old, last week, so now she has more than me. Guess I need the rest of the pack. When we signed off, she was checking to see if she had any new manually added tutorial items in her content because she agrees with me that was cool of our timeline's Daz.

I have most of the dogs, but not the new ones yet. There is no BYOB which I have really liked in the past, and today is lame for me, except the special $1 item today, BUT for for $60 daz credit spent on Tuesday and Wednesday I got like $2000 worth of stuff including DO bundles, DO stand alone items, and Daz+ items with most of the items being Gen9, Gen 8, and some Gen3. It was essentially like a BYOB for me, but with a larger selection of stuff I wanted, so it really depends on what is on sale, what you want, and what you already have. For me a bunch of my wishlisted items were cleared off the list.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited 4:36AM

SilverGirl said:

columbine said:

...yes that's how the product description reads:

MMX Genesis 9 Clones for All brings you the autofit clone you have been waiting for. You get a Genesis 9 autofit clone for Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 3 Male, Genesis 8 Female, and Genesis 8 Male. Now you can use Genesis 9 outfits and hair on all your favorite Genesis figures!

Post edited by kyoto kid at