Enjoying vertex modelling in DAZ Carrara

12346»

Comments

• otodomusotodomus Posts: 332
    Roygee said:

What I did was to draw a zig-zag polyline, subdivide a couple times, pull some verts forward and push others back to give a bit of lateral zig-zag so they would cross over.  Then did a path sweep with a small circle (in my example I didn't make it small enough).  Smooth and replicate with offsetting alternate rows.

Oh yes! That was the clue, yeah that way would be much more easier, thanks!

And as I've said before I took the idea from another site, this is the mini-tuto that inspired me:

That was done in Z-Brush but it gave me the clue to do mine.

Cheers

Otto

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    otodomus said:

And I know that I need to learn the displacement function, but as is my first time modeling in Carrara I wanted to push all my skills to the maximum, in the idea that when I had the needings in to model some similar I had already the knowledge.

Regards everyone and thanks for visiting an comment.

Otto

Forget displacement for now. Once you (finally) come to it, you'll see that it's not as efficient in Carrara's renderer than geometry. Keep up the great work. 

otodomus said:

And I know that I need to learn the displacement function, but as is my first time modeling in Carrara I wanted to push all my skills to the maximum, in the idea that when I had the needings in to model some similar I had already the knowledge.

Regards everyone and thanks for visiting an comment.

Otto

Forget displacement for now. Once you (finally) come to it, you'll see that it's not as efficient in Carrara's renderer than geometry. Keep up the great work. 

Thank you Dart!

I have seen some samples to replicate a terrain or something that I think might be useful at some point, but at this time I am focused in to build geometry as you say...

Regards

Otto

edited March 2016

Hello there friends, I was out a little bit for health reasons, in the meantime I could use part of my time at home to modelling somethings, I could do the following models and surged a needing, I wanted to create a thread that lokks realistic, and I wanted to use the displacement mapping for it since I thought that doing the geometry would be complicated, this is what I could afford and have to say by accident, and is not exactly what I want, it looks good but needs to be more real.

Best regards friends.

Otto

01-6[1].png
    688 x 675 - 133K
    Post edited by otodomus on
    edited July 2018

Hello friends, 2 years pass pretty fast, there are so many things happened to me, the sadest part was the lack of time for modelling, last night was reviving my few skills and did this very simple model.

Cheers everyone!

Scooter 3D Model.png
    855 x 771 - 105K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Shared scooters are all the rage near me.  Nice model.  Simple, sure, but very clear.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Nice looking scooter, although the back wheel's not going to do much going round wink

(either split it into two wheels, or make a fork as per the front)

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Ah, so it's more of a skid, like they had on old biplanes . . . wink

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

Nice looking scooter, although the back wheel's not going to do much going round wink

(either split it into two wheels, or make a fork as per the front)

Yeah you noticed that! Yep I think a double wheel would do the job.

Selina said:

@TangoAlpha the backwheel is made from super frictionless material - it doesn't need to turn wink

Hehehe

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

you aint goin' anywhere kiddo...

I enjoy watching your progress @otodomus yes

Stezza said:

you aint goin' anywhere kiddo...

I enjoy watching your progress @otodomus yes

Thanks friend, a slow progress but still in the way...

edited July 2018

Following  the request in modify the scooter model, here it is:

Scooter 3D Model 1.png
    831 x 879 - 109K