Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,068
    edited March 2023

Well if we're going down memory lane, here is the first render I did with D|S and A3. Its terrible, its cringy and embarrassing... and I absolutely love it! It stand as a testament to how far I've come. I'd hate to lose this image.

tracking.jpg
    524 x 631 - 230K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Ethin said:

Well if we're going down memory lane, here is the first render I did with D|S and A3. Its terrible, its cringy and embarrassing... and I absolutely love it! It stand as a testament to how far I've come. I'd hate to lose this image.

Do you recall the year when you made this?

You've got me curious.  I wonder if I have any of my oldest A3 renders?  I've experienced a few machine upgrades and drive failures since the mid 2000s, so it's likely I've lost that oldest stuff.

Redfern said:

You've got me curious.  I wonder if I have any of my oldest A3 renders?  I've experienced a few machine upgrades and drive failures since the mid 2000s, so it's likely I've lost that oldest stuff.

July ‎7 ‎2005.

I'm actually surprised I still have it, between hard drive deaths, viruses and me accidentally deleting a stuff (that's what I get for trying to free up some storage space in the wee hours of the morning, luckily they were mostly just test renders).

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Ethin said:

Redfern said:

July ‎7 ‎2005.

Ooh!  Pinned down to the exact date!  I did NOT expect that kind of precise record keeping.  So you got Aiko 3 right around the time of her debut.  You have been in it for the long haul.

Redfern said:

Ooh!  Pinned down to the exact date!  I did NOT expect that kind of precise record keeping.  So you got Aiko 3 right around the time of her debut.  You have been in it for the long haul.

I wish I was that organized, that's what the file properties said.

Yep, me, A3 and D|S go a long way back.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited March 2023

Ethin said:

Aww, she's cute. Thank you for posting your render! I think mine must have been made around 2006-2007 since that is when I first started learning DAZ Studio. And you're right, it's good to have those old renders because no matter how cringeworthy or embarassing they are they show how much one has learned since then. smiley Oh, yep. Mine is March 22nd 2007. I just looked at the file properties.

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • I haven't done more than an image or two with Aiko 3, and never shown any. My first published DS image was Glam. Vickie 3 here: https://live.cdn.renderosity.com/gallery/items/1046685/images/513270/b541710341a73012f933da0f4437a257_original.jpg and dated to 14 September 2005, seven months after my only published Poser image. I did quite a few more around then, but they're lost on old machines. I started with DS 0.7.* and was amazed at how it gave better renders than my paid for Poser 4 immediately.

Regards,

Richard

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,316
    edited April 2023

Aiko and friend

Aiko 3 with Critter 1 Tpz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

yes!

Aiko at the Beach - Non Photo Realistic

smileyyes!

Trying to get back in the swing of things. Re-did an old image using some new tricks and content.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,486
    The caustics from the lighting off to the character's right are just perfect. Love it. Regards, Richard.

richardandtracy said:

The caustics from the lighting off to the character's right are just perfect. Love it. Regards, Richard.

+1 yes

edited July 2023

richardandtracy said:

Bunyip02 said:

+1 yes

Thanks! But it's just the shadow from a lace curtain. Hmm, caustics... now you got me thinking. 

Post edited by Ethin on
    edited July 2023

Just a quick question, could you tell me who the artist was behind Aiko 3? She's a DAZ original but I was wondering if there were specific PA 's who worked on her. Thank you for your time. smiley

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • I wouldn't swear to it, but my recollection was that Aiko 3 and Hiro 3 were designed by Mallen Lane.

edited July 2023

I seem to remember that Aiko 3 was made by the same person that made Hitomi for Genesis, and the store credits Mallen Lane. So that lines up with what Richard said.

Post edited by Ethin on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Her character designs are sorrily missed.

Thank you for the information! I was just curious. smiley

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,539
    edited July 2023

Been a while since I used Aiko3 so here's one for you.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5313150257725440#image=30552

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on

Faeryl Womyn said:

Been a while since I used Aiko3 so here's one for you.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5313150257725440#image=30552

yes!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,278

IIRC Mallen Lane was also the designer for Ollie and Edie 8. Definitely characters with "character".

• MallenLaneMallenLane Posts: 159

heart

edited August 2023

Finally found an image I was trying to post to my gallery a bit ago, wouldn't show up but here we are now lol

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on

yes!

• Whats the best morphs and so on to be able to use the old aiko3 hiro3 stuff with the modern figures?

Start with this   https://www.daz3d.com/aiko-3-0-morphs-and-maps ;      https://www.daz3d.com/hiro-3-0

Then there's Micah/Melody, Hitoro/Kioki, HiroToon/AikoToon, if you want Aiko Toon then you have to contact the vendor, who said you can purchase it directely from him since it's not in the store anymore.

• Faeryl Womyn said:

Start with this   https://www.daz3d.com/aiko-3-0-morphs-and-maps ;      https://www.daz3d.com/hiro-3-0

Then there's Micah/Melody, Hitoro/Kioki, HiroToon/AikoToon, if you want Aiko Toon then you have to contact the vendor, who said you can purchase it directely from him since it's not in the store anymore.

I meant using , say Genesis 8, but able to use Aiko 3 shapes and morphs, and thus, Aiko 3's clothes and so on.