Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605

this forum thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/636/links-aiko3-free-resources/p1

has a lot of free/legal stuff for Aiko3 and there may be another thread for Hiro

There's a horns pack in the daz store that was title "universal" so it may work with any figure

bishop_8ef8f045ca said:

hey guys im actually looking for some old sets namely Aiko & Hiro Morph Expansion & Horn Pack

my hard drive crashed and took all my assets with it everything i collected since 05

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,068

They're not as close as I got with Aubrie. I don't feel like I've done H3 justice, I might have to go off script to get something I happy with.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Thanks for the preset!

Welcome!

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Keep in mind, Aiko 3 was released 20 years ago and people are still getting some good use out of her.

edited November 2022

Hey now, she's turrning 18 this month. lol

Post edited by Ethin on
    edited November 2022

Been on a preset kick lately, doing matching sets for generations 3-4.

Stretching the rules a bit here, but this is definitely derived from A3.

Some of you will remember "Dody for Aiko 3" from 2 years ago.

Here is a look at the Aiko 4 version.

Dody A3 2years2.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 863K
    Dody V4 02.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 864K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited November 2022

Coulda sworn she came out in 2002. I've slept since then though. Maybe I'm thinking of the original Aiko model.

Post edited by vrba79 on

vrba79 said:

Coulda sworn she came out in 2002. I've slept since then though. Maybe I'm thinking of the original Aiko model.

What DAZ docs has to say.

edited November 2022

Yup. I was thinking of the original odd-looking model. I dunno if they even still sell that one, but she was kinda off putting.

Post edited by vrba79 on

Yeah, A3's kinda old... but your right, I'm still getting very good use out of her!

• Aiko3 and Hiro3 are what I use 90%+ of the time.

edited November 2022

Some Dody A4 tests

Dody V4 hs 05.jpg
    900 x 900 - 291K
    Dody V4 hs 04.jpg
    900 x 900 - 529K
    Dody V4 hs 03.jpg
    900 x 900 - 267K
    Dody V4 hs 01.jpg
    900 x 900 - 309K
    Dody V4 hs 02.jpg
    900 x 900 - 328K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Very nice

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited November 2022

vrba79 said:

Yup, you're probably thinking of this one:

She (and her male morph "Maiko", unofficially named by PA Xena) was a morph of the first Stephanie, who herself was created from Mike2's mesh. 

Fun times.

Aiko and Mailos.jpg
    1024 x 907 - 99K
    Post edited by wsterdan on

Decided to try and improve my understanding of composition and then implement what I learned. I give it a pass and a fail. The last image has all the elements I wanted but it doesn't quite work, A3 is supposes to be the star but she's being upstaged by the birds hence the other images.

Testing out an Iray preset for Generation 3 on Aiko3.

edited February 2023

Post edited by Ethin on

• Oh that's a nice picture

Faeryl Womyn said:

Oh that's a nice picture

Thanks! It's one of my entries for Rosity's pinup contest. 

• Current contest? ... Well then best of luck

Faeryl Womyn said:

Current contest? ... Well then best of luck

That would be the one.

Thanks!

I'm not expecting much, just figured it would be interesting to participate for once, but who knows. 

Moon Dance

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited March 2023

@Ethin That's a beautiful render. I really admire what you've done with Aiko 3 in this thread. I have a soft spot for her as she's one of the first characters I used when I began my 3D art hobby.

Post edited by Calliope23 on

Calliope23 said:

@Ethin That's a beautiful render. I really admire what you've done with Aiko 3 in this thread. I have a soft spot for her as she's one of the first characters I used when I began my 3D art hobby.

Thank you @Calliope23blush I'm just trying to share with the rest of the world what I see in her.

I've been on this digital artist's journey for half my life and Aiko's always been at my side, I guess her name doesn't mean Beloved for nothing.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited March 2023

Ethin said:

Thank you @Calliope23blush I'm just trying to share with the rest of the world what I see in her.

I've been on this digital artist's journey for half my life and Aiko's always been at my side, I guess her name doesn't mean Beloved for nothing.

You're welcome! smiley I admire your philosophy and your story. I've been looking at my old Aiko 3 renders this evening. It makes me feel nostalgic. Mostly I made renders I could use for avatars on roleplaying games. That's her in my DAZ forum avatar that I've been using forever. I'm going to go play in DAZ Studio and see if I can make any decent renders of Aiko 3! yes

Oh, I see we can show old renders, so here's one of my first renders of Aiko 3 from the early 2000's.  I didn't have any armor for her at the time so I just used her bodysuit!

Title: Apprentice Dragonslayer

The Apprentice Dragonslayer.jpg
    512 x 602 - 292K
    Post edited by Calliope23 on