Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Fair enough...

edited September 2022

Found Renaissance and the other terrific outfits Frederick made hidden in a file on a disk. Couldn't resist giving it a spin.

I'm wondering has anyone done an iray skin shader for Aiko 3?

mix of renaissance and freja from Fredrick.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 533K
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,278

Good for you. I've used tht one on Genesis using the Aiko character shape. Can't recall whether it was G1 or the later legacy shapes for G3F. 

A lot of tweaking of surfaces in Fabricator.

Ambrosina.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 176K

Very nicely done Jodel! It's set up to fit the renaissance character with it but on genesis that wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for that list!

Thanks Kerya! I don't have the wyrm so it will be good to get it once more.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928
    edited September 2022

..agh...

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited September 2022

...one I did long ago

vive la resistance .jpg
    850 x 850 - 755K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on

Oh yeah. Will DuPree's Gothic Aiko set.

Looks good Kyoto!

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,068

Trying out some upgrades to my computer.

Still don't know much about iray, just the base environment for light and copied the shader settings over from other things.

Looks good Ethin...

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Such a sweetie!

Thanks!

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    edited October 2022

Sorry you can't really see his face that well, but I used Hiro 3 to depict Seymour Krelborn from "Little Shop of Horrors".  His attire is a blending of Jonathan Haze from the original 1960 Roger Corman film sporting a newsboy cap and scarf, while wearing a button down shirt and sweater vest Rick Moranis wore in the 1986 Frank Oz feature movie adapted from the 1982 off Broadway musical.  Oh, the "vest" is really the sports tank top from the HiroToon set with an argyle pattern applied.

Mushnik's flower shop is really the Redhouse Sweet Shoppe using the alternate "Magic Shoppe" textures.  I just swapped out the magic ingrediant jars for various flower props and...BOOM...a florist shop.

Audrey-Attacks-J-1.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 158K
    Post edited by Redfern on

Very cool...

..nicely done.  Seen both films. 

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Thanks!  I've been on something of an Audrey II kick the last couple of weeks, shoehorning the "mean, green mother from outer space" with some of my personal characters on another board.  I thought I should stage a more canon scene.

In 1989 when I work as a front end clerk at a grocery store, one customer whose items I rolled to her vehicle was associated with a local stagew performance troupe.  She thought I should audition for a part in their upcoming production, "Little Shop..."  Alas, my grandmother's health severely declined not long afterwards.  I had to quit my position at the market to become a full time care giver.  Needless to say, that eliminated any chance of auditioning, let alone participating in the stage show.  Still, I cherish the memory of that troupe member thinking I had potential.  Not claiming I really "had what it took" to act and sing, but I certainly looked the part of Seymour, bespectacled, nerdy, awkward...well, you get the idea.cheeky

edited October 2022

The one on the Left is a morph preset for Aiko 4 I recently released as a freebie. The one on the Right is the Aiko 3 version (wip).

I can't decide whether to leave the A3 version as is or make it more A3.

Aubrie A34 comp.jpg
    800 x 533 - 138K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Pendraia said:

Just wondering has anyone tried weightmapping Aiko3?

I did, a very long time ago, but she was extremely user unfriendly.

Custom Tri-Ax weightmaps (which were really rough), custom Regions so she had an Actor for displaying morphs, a couple of clones (V3 & M3), and I was about half way through rebuilding her morphs when I abandoned the project.

I quickly realised a few things, I'd never get permission to release her, none of the existing Poser content would work with her, and that Poser figures should be left as Poser figures.

Aubrie Morph Preset for A3 now up at sharecg.

Bejaymac said:

Pendraia said:

Just wondering has anyone tried weightmapping Aiko3?

I did, a very long time ago, but she was extremely user unfriendly.

Custom Tri-Ax weightmaps (which were really rough), custom Regions so she had an Actor for displaying morphs, a couple of clones (V3 & M3), and I was about half way through rebuilding her morphs when I abandoned the project.

I quickly realised a few things, I'd never get permission to release her, none of the existing Poser content would work with her, and that Poser figures should be left as Poser figures.

Ah that's sad.  I've had some luck converting figures like Hein and Gnobbit. I suspect however that the Daz figures are way more complex. I've also discovered that clothing I made for the triax figure using transfer utility seems to work on the cr2. Not quite sure why that would happen. So do the poses created in ds. I've even been able to export clothing to cr2.  

Ethin said:

Aubrie Morph Preset for A3 now up at sharecg.

She's very cute! Thanks! 

Thank you and your welcome!

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    The castle and the red chairs are on my freebies site I dont think I posted the round table and the flowers but maybe I did https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts5/home
    kyoto kid said:

...what's the set?

• hey guys im actually looking for some old sets namely Aiko & Hiro Morph Expansion & Horn Pack

my hard drive crashed and took all my assets with it everything i collected since 05

• Ethin said:

Unfortunately the Morph Expansion & Horn Pack was retired.

you wouldnt happen to have a copy floating around would u

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited October 2022

bishop_8ef8f045ca said:

hey guys im actually looking for some old sets namely Aiko & Hiro Morph Expansion & Horn Pack

my hard drive crashed and took all my assets with it everything i collected since 05

If you bought it, it should be in your product library.

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_3241

Post edited by Kerya on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,378

bishop_8ef8f045ca said:

Ethin said:

Unfortunately the Morph Expansion & Horn Pack was retired.

you wouldnt happen to have a copy floating around would u

Even if they had they wouldn't be allowed to share it.