Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• Linwelly said:

I'm sure she's just talking about his fashion style :D @2daywalkerDesigns

Who knows; she certainly didn't tell me. wink

• ButchButch Posts: 798
    edited December 2017

@DarwinsMishap - Picked up Giovanni last night and I'm 99% impressed yes  However, you lose 1% because I get a missing files pop up - "runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis8/victoria8/victoria8eyebrows.png".  Is it just me?  I don't own vicky8, just the g8 basic female.

Post edited by Butch on
  • Butch said:

@DarwinsMishap - Picked up Giovanni last night and I'm 99% impressed yes  However, you lose 1% because I get a missing files pop up - "runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis8/victoria8/victoria8eyebrows.png".  Is it just me?  I don't own vicky8, just the g8 basic female.

...that's odd. Considering I didn't use her at all for Gio-The call outs were found and manually removed from the text file before final submission.  Hm. Can you please submit a ticket, and message me which materials are giving you that call out.  I can check my final files and if you have the incorrect ones I can zip the correct files and send them to you and I'll notifiy Daz via email as well of the error.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

• Butch - I just messaged you.

If ANYone else gets this error, please let me know. I'm submitting a fix tonight, but until then I can at the very least send a dropbox link with the corrected files to those that want them before the official fix gets send to those that purchased him.

Again- I apologize for the inconvenience. 

• ButchButch Posts: 798

I'm up to 99.5% now laugh

• lol- I'll get you to 100% if possible. XD

• I am working on Jeremy's skin this morning- will post the ugly (with seams) renders in different HDRI lighting only for comparisons.  I decided to show these simply because it gives an idea on how I process how the skin reacts to lighting.  I have to deseam the height map, so you will see a few of them with seams in the usual places, and the skin isn't finished but this gives me an idea on how to progress further on the actual tonal range of what I'm looking for.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited December 2017

Okie doke-good, bad, ugly, here are the testers.  Time to start cranking on the skin and deseaming.

First one- DA Real World Lighting system

Second, Cake and Bob Old Stone HDRI only:

Third- One of Dimension Theory's Sets; Iradiance Studio HDRI only:

Fourth-JM Dynamic Light HDRI only:

Final-LY Leonine Pro HDRI:

The bump, height and normals are high in these to see how the seams look, those will be tweaked.  skin settings- gloss just isn't quite right for me, so those will be tweaked.  Still painting skin textures, so those aren't quite final either. Still, not bad.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Well you know they are going to be a great looking character when they look good bald and in all kinds of lighting lol.  Looking forward to seeing him finishes, so far he looks pretty darn good.

• lol- thank you!  I'll do one with the updated skin (I've worked the veins and a new translucency map, and deseamed the height map-though Blacksmith just locked up on me so I will have to go to the Bump and Diffuse maps in a bit) WITH HAIR in a bit. XD

• I knew this of course, but I'm always still amazed how some lighting picks up flaws like seams and some seem to hide those same seams.  He's looking good so far. :)

• Right?  Which is why I test using multiple lighting rigs-ya never know.

Last one for a while-With hair, and the height map deseamed.  Have errands to run today.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,899

there is that shar cut between light and shadow on his brow in the second render which I find a bit too abrupt everything else looks fine, the skin quality is especially interesting for this guy!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Finally got time to do a render or two, so here's Giovanni.

• Wow, he looks great, Novica!  Thank  you for posting him.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I used Parker in my first "It's Raining Men" entry. He looks quite a bit different with a buzz cut. I really appreciate how easy it was to make him look all sweaty from his climbing activities. Here's the entry post for "Precarious"

I'm going to try using the brothers in one image for entry 2...

• Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
    edited December 2017

Uh oh... I think I shrank Giovanni...

Playing around with Growing Up for G3M; now he has to look up to Carrie (aka Hive), and I don't know if that's a look of surprise or frustration on his face.

Uh oh someone shrank.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Daywalker Designs on
  • L'Adair said:

I used Parker in my first "It's Raining Men" entry. He looks quite a bit different with a buzz cut. I really appreciate how easy it was to make him look all sweaty from his climbing activities. Here's the entry post for "Precarious"

Looks awesome!  He's not bad in a buzz cut. :) Thank you!

This made me snicker- poor guy isn't quite sure what the heck is going on.  Well done.

Playing around with Growing Up for G3M; now he has to look up to Carrie (aka Hive), and I don't know if that's a look of surprise or frustration on his face.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited December 2017

Weeeeell.  Since Charlotte is out and my version of her is accepted I can post pictures of her now.  I'll do a commercial thread tonight.

So, without further ado- here is Gigi for Charotte 8 currently in QA at Daz.

*Edit: Updated promos. ;)

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,666

Wow DM!!! She is stunning, beautiful, georgious, and mysterious all in one!!!

• L'Adair said:

Looks awesome!  He's not bad in a buzz cut. :) Thank you!

This made me snicker- poor guy isn't quite sure what the heck is going on.  Well done.

What's really neat is that he's still recognizable as Giovanni even after the morphing I did to him.

• Another gorgeous character DM , great work.

I'm sure she will look stunning without Charlotte too. I really like Charlotte , but don't think I'll be able to get her this side of Christmas though.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love her face!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

That eye is really cool too! (with the zigzags)  

• Gigi looks very cool. I like the shape of her hips and her eye color choices. Very nice!

• It's hard to say no to great characters so I decided to go ahead and pick up Giovanni. He'll be my last purchase for a while. I think he was worth it though. I thought I'd share my first go round with him. He's a great looking character, DM! I think I'll have lots of fun with him. 

• Thank you, everyone!

I'm re-doing the promos since Daz gave some feedback, so I'll replace those here when they're finished rendering.

Very nice render of Gio, KM- he looks distinctly dangerous in that one.  So glad you liked him!  

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,864

Is Gigi related to the ongoing saga, or is she an unrelated character?

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2017

Ooh, Gigi looks great! I haven't picked up Charlotte yet, but dang it, just like Lucas, you come up with an add on character I have to have, LOL. Very nice work, and Jeremy is coming along well too!

PS. Sorry to be so slow, I have some renders going of Gio and LillyAnna. I think everyone is going to love Lilly when she arrives in the store! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • lol-it's ok, Llynara, and thank you!

vrangler-nope, she's a complete left-field kinda thing.  I hadn't planned on doing anything with Charlotte, but in the end I ended up doing so.  

This discussion has been closed.